• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Explain Your User Name

Started by Nucky Nolan, November 20, 2012, 08:32:51 PM

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Sardondi on November 28, 2012, 12:43:23 AM
Well, shit, that's on me. It's true, it wasn't material to the subject, and I just had an opportunity and took it. Sorry. I'll be happy to have my offending post removed by administrative surgery.

sorry, nucky.  i actually didn't see what sardondi had said prior to you.  i was just skimming.  no big deal tho, anyway.

Nucky Nolan

Quote from: Em Vee on November 28, 2012, 01:12:51 AM
sorry, nucky.  i actually didn't see what sardondi had said prior to you.  i was just skimming.  no big deal tho, anyway.

It's cool. It's a good reminder of my personal vow to steer clear of politics. :)

We have discussed such a matter as having her fly to Canada and my driving up to meet her  and other such options.Legal route has been expensive and very time consuming.Believe me Sardondi, I have thought of the same thing.

Zircon

"ZIRCON" - the oldest minerals so far dated on Earth dated to be 4.4 billion years old. Used in radiometric dating due to uranium and thorium content and the presence of oxygen strongly suggests water was on earth as long as 4.4 billion years ago as well. Also it is my birthstone - December.

TequilaMB

When my daughter was little she heard "To Kill a Mockingbird" as "Tequila Mockingbird" and that amused me but that's kind of a long name so I shortened it.

And I like(d) tequila.

Juan

Mine, of course, is making fun of our least favorite Friday night singing "talent."

analog kid

the name of a song i was listening to when i registered...

Ernie Kovacs greatest incarnation, cracked me up every time I watched it.

I loved Ernie Kovacs ,I watched that everytime it was on.Soon as Laugh In came on I knew where they had got the idea.Kovacs was slower moving but it was the same quick little bytes with German version of Kert Wiel's "Three Penny Opera" Theme that became "Mack the Knife".
I also had a endulgent mother that allowed me to watch the Tonight Show  with Steve Allen and Later Jack Parr.He had to be o his game to do Dovetosil as he surely couldn't read cue cards through those specs.

I picked somatic hypermutation because it is an extremely cool biological process wherein you, yes you, intentionally create mutants within yourself...  8)

I was reading UseNet NewsGroups in the year 2000,
and a UFO researcher there was / is a person called Sir Arthur C.B Wholeflaffers A.S.A.
Most people there in those days were UFO Debunkers.

So I chose Harry Potter with the "a" and "o" swapped,
to be come Horry Patter.
And added the Sir to become not a UFO Debunker
but a helper for Sir Arthur C.B Wholeflaffers A.S.A.
and I became Sir Horry Patter.
And for some reason a couple of years later I changed it to Sir Gilligan Horry.
And since about the year 2000, I posted over 100,000 replies or message posts to UseNet NewsGroups.

Here is some of my Auto-Biography...

Skim read down the page...

http://projectmothership.medianewsonline.com

Mirror copy in case the above site goes off-line...

http://projectmothership.webng.com

8)

ziznak

whoa... web handle with a resume!

nemec9

In the late 80s,early 90s id take my Kz650 out on midnight rides down dark secluded Texas backroads,be out at all hours of the night.One night i came across a road named Nemec and it just kind of stuck..Sometimes when id try to register the name for a screen name some1 had already used it,so threw the 9 on the end 8)

Elflord

I enjoy the lord of the rings and i like elvens,

Quote from: Elflord on January 11, 2013, 04:31:15 PM

Oh its LoTR. I thought it was from the Elric books.

The General

Quote from: Elflord on January 11, 2013, 04:31:15 PM
Well, I feel silly.
I thought you were an actual elf lord.

ziznak

my geek-o-meter just went crazy....

Shit it's pointing at me though.

morphiaflow

"The darkness must go down the river of night's dreaming
"Flow morphia slow, let the sun and light come streaming
"Into my life..."

Recognize the lyrics? If not, Google them. That should tell you where they came from...

Just imagine if I'd used one of my other old handles...Ten Sticks...that would REALLY bake your noodle...how's Annie?

Juan

Eddie Coyle

I was going to use something from literature.  I flipped a coin and it ended up on heads. So I took Eddie Coyle.

Tails was Nigger Jim. So I guess it worked out for the best.

Erusman

If i told you I would have to kill you later.
"Erus" is backwards for Sure.  When i was young in the 80's my best friend and I use
to talk backwards for fun. Radio and CB.  We even coded it into a program and uploaded
it to serveral BBS sites (Bulletin Boards with a 300 baud modem lol before the internet). 
The program would simply speak back to you backwards whatever word you entered into it.
My best friend died several years later and to honor him and the computer life I still live today
I use the handle... "Erusman"  Erus backwards for sure, and my gender.

Sardondi

Oh crap, we've been discovered by a spam poster.

popple

Popples pop in
Popples pop out
Popples pop in

It's what popples are all about!

tmock00

My first name begins with a "T" and "Mock" is just a shortened version of my last name.  I think it's often misconstrued that I'm here to "mock" people, but that's absolutely not the case - at least not all the time, anyway.  ;)