• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

RoseGirl

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on June 29, 2015, 02:59:30 PM
Geez, you may end up with your very own pet UFO. How cool would that be? I would keep a camera on hand and charged up today just in case there's a repeat performance.

A pet UFO? oh my...what ever would I feed it? And is it paper trained?

lol

BobGrau

Quote from: RoseGirl on June 29, 2015, 02:41:11 PM
k...something a little strange going on here, maybe you folks have some ideas about what it is.

About two nights ago, my spouse and I were out having a smoke late at night (around 2am) out on our patio. We saw a very unusual light in the sky, it was small white and would from time to time turn completely ruby red. It moved very strangely...it was stationary for a few minutes then would very suddenly jerk over by about an inch (that is, about an inch if you held your thumb up to the sky right at the object). Then it would kind of meander a bit and turn from red to white and back again...then it slowly moved to behind a tree so that we couldn't see it anymore. In between each movement it was stationary, which made the whole thing even weirder.

K...skip to last night, late again (around 11:30pm) and I was sitting at my computer, as you do. And from behind me I heard a strange rhythmic beeping sound. It came from right outside the window behind me, which was open but had blinds closed over the open window so I couldn't really see out). I turned around and listened to the beeping for a second...it sound like something was right outside my window. When I got up to take a look, it suddenly.....and I mean suddenly....was beeping from way far away (it sounded like it was outside the window with one beep and then with the next it was about half a block away...just in an instance. Then, I heard the beeping at a great distance.

Could this have been a drone? What does a drone look like? Is it red and white lights? Could it move that fast to be a beeping object at the window?

Any ideas? Getting a bit afraid to go outside at night now. lol

The beeping sound part could be explained by shifting wind currents... aargh I hate being the guy with the boring explanation!

RoseGirl

Quote from: BobGrau on June 29, 2015, 03:06:55 PM

The beeping sound part could be explained by shifting wind currents... aargh I hate being the guy with the boring explanation!

No no...that's good. See, but there was no wind. It's been so very hot here lately and still...like graveyard still...at night.

I do keep hoping it was something explainable though. Most unnerving.

RoseGirl

Maybe the heat had something to do with the beeping sounds? like a temperature inversion...isn't that what they call it?

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: RoseGirl on June 29, 2015, 03:06:43 PM

lol

There's a movie about that. I haven't seen it for years and can't remember the name, but this building full of old people had several small pet UFOs. The UFOs ate bolts and scrap metal.

Another thing you could do is email the story to Linda Moulton Howe. She's very approachable and will likely give you an opinion.

Mr. Fidget

Quote from: Art Bell on June 27, 2015, 10:09:39 PM
I sure am tired of waiting for July 20th, I really do need a Time Machine.

Art
Hmm...

RoseGirl

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on June 29, 2015, 03:12:10 PM
There's a movie about that. I haven't seen it for years and can't remember the name, but this building full of old people had several small pet UFOs. The UFOs ate bolts and scrap metal.

Another thing you could do is email the story to Linda Moulton Howe. She's very approachable and will likely give you an opinion.

Hmmm....that's an idea, about LMH. I wonder if I could forward her this part of the thread somehow? Although I did meet her in Vancouver once, and was not terrible impressed. Enough said.

bwillard01

Quote from: bateman on June 28, 2015, 05:19:09 PM

So sorry Art, I know how hard it is to lose a beloved pet.  Hang in there.

onan

Quote from: RoseGirl on June 29, 2015, 02:41:11 PM
k...something a little strange going on here, maybe you folks have some ideas about what it is.

About two nights ago, my spouse and I were out having a smoke late at night (around 2am) out on our patio. We saw a very unusual light in the sky, it was small white and would from time to time turn completely ruby red. It moved very strangely...it was stationary for a few minutes then would very suddenly jerk over by about an inch (that is, about an inch if you held your thumb up to the sky right at the object). Then it would kind of meander a bit and turn from red to white and back again...then it slowly moved to behind a tree so that we couldn't see it anymore. In between each movement it was stationary, which made the whole thing even weirder.

K...skip to last night, late again (around 11:30pm) and I was sitting at my computer, as you do. And from behind me I heard a strange rhythmic beeping sound. It came from right outside the window behind me, which was open but had blinds closed over the open window so I couldn't really see out). I turned around and listened to the beeping for a second...it sound like something was right outside my window. When I got up to take a look, it suddenly.....and I mean suddenly....was beeping from way far away (it sounded like it was outside the window with one beep and then with the next it was about half a block away...just in an instance. Then, I heard the beeping at a great distance.

Could this have been a drone? What does a drone look like? Is it red and white lights? Could it move that fast to be a beeping object at the window?

Any ideas? Getting a bit afraid to go outside at night now. lol

I'm thinking dragons.

RoseGirl

Quote from: onan on June 29, 2015, 03:27:14 PM
I'm thinking dragons.

or perhaps a floating beer bottle with tits?

onan

Quote from: RoseGirl on June 29, 2015, 03:28:24 PM

God, I hope that is true.

RoseGirl

Quote from: onan on June 29, 2015, 03:29:13 PM
God, I hope that is true.

lol we all have our dreams, I guess

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: RoseGirl on June 29, 2015, 03:15:20 PM
Hmmm....that's an idea, about LMH. I wonder if I could forward her this part of the thread somehow? Although I did meet her in Vancouver once, and was not terrible impressed. Enough said.

I'd just cut and paste the experience into an email, and yes, she can be a bit prickly.

RoseGirl

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on June 29, 2015, 03:36:27 PM
I'd just cut and paste the experience into an email, and yes, she can be a bit prickly.

k...done. Sent it off to her. Yes, a bit prickly....but that's okay, I suppose. She's a great researcher!

Ms. C

Batteries Not Included

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJmvsb13dA8

serenity

Quote from: RoseGirl on June 29, 2015, 03:41:50 PM
k...done. Sent it off to her. Yes, a bit prickly....but that's okay, I suppose. She's a great researcher!

Check for running lights. Green and red one per side is standard. Drones are "supposed" to follow faa regs but with aliens or the feds its hard to tell. Thought about pulling your chain and saying something like....*damn, you caught me* but I wont.I know you got the willies, I would.  Good idea about LMH. let us know Rosie.

pyewacket

*Batteries Not Included -sweet movie, you might enjoy it, RoseGirl.  :)

Ms. C

Quote from: RoseGirl on June 29, 2015, 03:06:43 PM

lol

You could house it in the freezer with Jonathon Reed's alien   :(   8)

serenity

Quote from: Ms. C on June 29, 2015, 04:00:00 PM

You could house it in the freezer with Jonathon Reed's alien   :(   8)

You know if it's purebred you might enter Westminster this year...

Zenman

Quote from: C A M on June 29, 2015, 02:59:00 PM
When you say having a smoke . . .

I, myself, ignore a lot of the ufos seen from the gazebo when the smoke is heavy, lol.

Quote from: Zenman on June 29, 2015, 04:16:40 PM
I, myself, ignore a lot of the ufos seen from the gazebo when the smoke is heavy, lol.

Off topic, but "gazebo" is one of my favorite words. In the top fifty if I could actually itemize/quantify such a thing.  8)

If we were playing You Bet Your Life, you would get the cash prize for secret word for today, buddy.

Zenman

Quote from: RoseGirl on June 29, 2015, 03:03:04 PM
Does Nancy know about drones? When I saw it I thought it was something strange. I even said 'I think we are witnessing something quite unusual'. My spouse was the one that thought perhaps it was a drone. To me, it didn't seem that way at all. The thing that was odd, is that it seemed to react to what I was thinking.....it moved away when I said, 'Geez...what the heck is that?' Then it went behind a tree, almost purposefully....at least, it felt that way.

And the beeping? Just too weird. I keep trying to think of what it could be, but it was too weird to be anything I know of.

I'm thinking she may have heard similar reports and may have an idea on what it is, as would LMH.

Zenman

Quote from: RoseGirl on June 29, 2015, 03:28:24 PM

I saw that one from the gazebo. Ran after it for more than an hour.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: pyewacket on June 29, 2015, 03:58:51 PM
*Batteries Not Included -sweet movie, you might enjoy it, RoseGirl.  :)

That's it. That's why I remembered it, it was cute. Thanks C and Pye.

Art Bell

Hi there everybody, I am writing this while waiting for my Doctor's appointment which was 3:20, it is now 3:50 with no sign of my name being called, we really should be allowed to charge them for our valuable time, being Retired I have lots of that.

Thank you all for the good wishes about Yetti, he was my very close friend and love for 23 Years, yes a very long life but it really hurt.

Art

jazmunda

Quote from: Art Bell on June 29, 2015, 04:51:50 PM
Hi there everybody, I am writing this while waiting for my Doctor's appointment which was 3:20, it is now 3:50 with no sign of my name being called, we really should be allowed to charge them for our valuable time, being Retired I have lots of that.

Thank you all for the good wishes about Yetti, he was my very close friend and love for 23 Years, yes a very long life but it really hurt.

Art

I hope everything is ok with you.

The General

Quote from: Art Bell on June 29, 2015, 04:51:50 PM

Art

It could be worse, you could be at the DMV.
They make you wait even longer, but at least they don't try to check your prostate.

serenity

Quote from: The General on June 29, 2015, 05:10:39 PM
It could be worse, you could be at the DMV.
They make you wait even longer, but at least they don't try to check your prostate.

even worse the VA!

Art Bell

4:35 now, still waiting.

Art