• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

Corona Kitty

Quote from: Kolchak on June 01, 2018, 04:03:53 PM
40 second delay

That's almost like a challenge.... A hero will rise I predict.

40 second delay? oh, Heathrow.

Lilith

Quote from: username on June 01, 2018, 04:28:25 PM

Maybe even many hero's  ;D

ItsOver

Quote from: Sean92008 on June 01, 2018, 04:25:17 PM

....0 seconds seems long.  I seem to recall 7 seconds at the AM station I worked at.  Of course, we had to worry about language, not content...

The Heater processor is not quite as advanced as the KR2000.

[attachment=1,msg1238885]

Juan

I think it takes 40-seconds before whenever she hits the button, not 40-seconds into the call.

Lilith

Quote from: Juan on June 01, 2018, 04:37:59 PM
I think it takes 40-seconds before whenever she hits the button, not 40-seconds into the call.

Maybe it will malfunction.

Nobody

Quote from: Father Jack on May 31, 2018, 01:07:24 PM
I notice on Heather's new website design that there is no picture of her. Is she so gruesome looking that a picture of her would scare little children? Or does she need to be incognito to avoid being mobbed by millions of rabid fans?

Asking for no one at all

A few years ago, when Heather was newly freed from the odious clutches of BellGab (Booooo! Hisssss!), a lot of her old BG posts were reposted.  From what I could gather, Heather has spent most of her adult life living as a near-recluse (if not an actual one).  In addition, she made it quite clear that cameras were anathema to her, going so far as to refuse to purchase a laptop until she could find one without a built-in webcam.

I believe that Art actually paid for her to have a session with a professional photographer.  However, if I remember correctly, Heather was dissatisfied with the pictures he took.  Instead, she ended up using one that Aldous took in an informal setting and has used only that one since.

While I can somewhat understand her preference to live like a recluse (it's nice work if you can get it in today's hyperconnected world, I suppose), I cannot reconcile her frantic desire to be a celebrity of some sort with her apparent reluctance to have her picture taken. 

I've known a minor celebrity or two in my time and it's an either/or proposition: if you want to remain unknown, you needn't have your picture taken.  However, a few photographs are de rigueur even for an f-list celebrity.  Heather, it seems, wants to have her cake and eat it, too.

I tried running this by a chum who is a far keener student of human nature than I am.  After fixing me with a look (no, not that look, the other look) she said:

QuoteThis [expletive expunged] sounds like any other woman, only more so.

So there's that.

Father Jack

Quote from: WeinerInHand on June 01, 2018, 04:46:47 PM
::)

The archive is still lost in cyberspace I see. How long will Heatherlove last before even her most devoted fans shitcan her?

Kolchak

Quote from: Father Jack on June 01, 2018, 04:53:52 PM
The archive is still lost in cyberspace I see. How long will Heatherlove last before even her most devoted fans shitcan her?

Also, why are these people so keen to get an archive of 3 shows, two of which were re-played multiple nights?

WeinerInHand

Quote from: Father Jack on June 01, 2018, 04:53:52 PM

She's gonna have to figure out a way to get them...

ge30542

Quote from: Nobody on June 01, 2018, 04:45:41 PM
I believe that Art actually paid for her to have a session with a professional photographer.  However, if I remember correctly, Heather was dissatisfied with the pictures he took.  Instead, she ended up using one that Aldous took in an informal setting and has used only that one since.

There actually were a few pics from that session that she allowed Art to keep, (sometimes referred to "Artistic" pics, think Larry Flynt).
She ditched the funeral to rifle through Art's "photo collection".

Sadly, (for Heater), Airyn had ready found them.
That's why Airyn refers to her as "nasty filthy woman".

Quote from: ge30542 on June 01, 2018, 04:59:41 PM
There actually were a few pics from that session that she allowed Art to keep, (sometimes referred to "Artistic" pics, think Larry Flynt).

Juicy! Any truth to that?

SpookyTim

I'm thinking tonight is a good night to drink a bunch of White Russians and then get ready to call into some late-night paranormal streaming radio shows.

Bart Ell

Quote from: SpookyTim on June 01, 2018, 05:03:25 PM
I'm thinking tonight is a good night to drink a bunch of White Russians and then get ready to call into some late-night paranormal streaming radio shows.

An unprecedented 5 BARTCOINS are on the table if you get a mention on the air.
#LEGACY

Lilith

Quote from: SpookyTim on June 01, 2018, 05:03:25 PM

I'll be listening!  ;D

WildCard

Quote from: username on June 01, 2018, 04:28:25 PM

You could be that hero.

Just wait until they find out we're followers of Michael Aquino's son.

K_Dubb

Quote from: Nobody on June 01, 2018, 04:45:41 PM

I tried running this by a chum who is a far keener student of human nature than I am.  After fixing me with a look (no, not that look, the other look) she said:

This [expletive expunged] sounds like any other woman, only more so.

So there's that.

While there is something archetypal about the middle-aged woman driven indoors by the cruel hand of time, seeking solace in feline companionship and hours on the phone talking about herself, I am astonished by the number of men presenting themselves as remote cavaliers to listen, and that these should be content to sit idly by murmuring appropriate noises as she opens gifts from another admirer.  It is so quaint and innocent as to make me feel unwholesome for trying to pry below the surface.  Chivalry is not dead in the American heartland.

GravitySucks

Quote from: ge30542 on June 01, 2018, 04:59:41 PM

Keith paid for them.  I think he should hold a charity auction.

Sean92008

Quote from: Juan on June 01, 2018, 04:37:59 PM

If you get past 40 seconds, you'll be heard on air.  If you sound happy and normal, her dumping the call should be suspicious to common listeners, not sycophants.

ge30542

Quote from: GravitySucks on June 01, 2018, 05:12:13 PM
Keith paid for them.  I think he should hold a charity auction.
Oh GOD!
Maybe split the proceeds with the local PBS station.

Wonder what top dollar bid would be to get a look at Heater's snatch.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Sean92008 on June 01, 2018, 05:12:39 PM
If you get past 40 seconds, you'll be heard on air.  If you sound happy and normal, her dumping the call should be suspicious to common listeners, not sycophants.

I didn’t read the manual, but I am guessing the 40.0 is how much is built up in the buffer and each press of the “Dump” button dumps 7 seconds.  It allows you to determine if you have enough of the stream buffered to have a functional “Dump” button.  I don’t see anyone attempting to manage dumping 40 seconds at a time.

El Chorro

Quote from: Sean92008 on June 01, 2018, 05:12:39 PM

So she can turn back the audio 40 seconds anytime she wants? Sounds challenging. You pretty much have to fool her, or get her to keep backing the show up so often it becomes a nightmare for her.