• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

Lilith

Quote from: nooryisawesome on May 09, 2018, 09:08:53 AM
I am still drinking some, so good morning. Shows up now.

Good Morning.  I have to leave for about an hour this time of day during the week, so I guess I will have to join you all for a relisten with coffee after I get back this afternoon.  :'(

Dyna-X

Quote from: ItsOver on May 09, 2018, 09:05:17 AM
That was one of the issues I had with Art's restarts.  I would have enjoyed seeing more guests that weren't from the old C2C fraternity.  The chirping frog guy in Hawaii was fun.  At least Art didn't decide to turn his shows into Doc Wallet infomercials and number nuts.  I prefer the typical paranut and eccentric oddball for midnight madness.

Wasn't the chirping frog guy Dr. Michael Salla?  Getting fresh wingnuts is easy, but in order to make fun radio they need to almost make sense.

ItsOver

Quote from: ponyboysunset on May 09, 2018, 08:49:46 AM
Oh she'll be back. Count on it. She thinks she is Art Bell's legacy.... But time will tell.
She could really take AB's legacy to heart and just quit, at least several more times.

[attachment=1]

IamNegan

Quote from: ponyboysunset on May 09, 2018, 08:49:46 AM
Oh she'll be back. Count on it. She thinks she is Art Bell's legacy. It's going to be a glorious flame out when it happens. With no one bank rolling the show I don't suspect it will last more than a year or so. But time will tell.

Edit: Unless Lasha is rich and then it could limp on for years and years and years...

Anyone interested in starting a "dead pool" for how long her show lasts when/IF it ever happens?  It's never too early to start, I suppose.

On an unrelated note, I'm really enjoying the new shows...Keith made an excellent choice with Schrader!  We've missed him since he switched to Beyond the Darkness ('Zon's Echos couldn't find the new podcast - never thought to try the Google mini before now :S ). He used to have some really funny shit going with Tim Dennis.

IamNegan

Wow, has anyone ever googled "Heather meme"?  It's amazing how many there are....lots of funny ones too:
[attachment=1,msg1207649]

ponyboysunset

Quote from: IamNegan on May 09, 2018, 09:27:43 AM
Wow, has anyone ever googled "Heather meme"?  It's amazing how many there are....lots of funny ones too:
[attachment=1,msg1207649]
I'll take the dead pool action for bragging rights only. I say six months, but over/under if she actually starts a show. And that should be Lasha's meme on facebook! LMAO!

ItsOver

Quote from: Dyna-X on May 09, 2018, 09:15:34 AM
Wasn't the chirping frog guy Dr. Michael Salla?  Getting fresh wingnuts is easy, but in order to make fun radio they need to almost make sense.
I don't recall the name, but yes, he was a doctor of some sort.  The chirping in the background gave an amusing touch to the show, without being annoying, and the guest was interesting.  For me, the wingnuts don't have to make a whole lot of sense, just being authentically, eccentrically amusing is fine by me.  I still get a hoot out of the Hoaxster, on occasion.  He's like the crazy uncle I never had.

DynamoHum

Quote from: IamNegan on May 09, 2018, 09:20:40 AM
Anyone interested in starting a "dead pool" for how long her show lasts when/IF it ever happens?  It's never too early to start, I suppose.

On an unrelated note, I'm really enjoying the new shows...Keith made an excellent choice with Schrader!  We've missed him since he switched to Beyond the Darkness ('Zon's Echos couldn't find the new podcast - never thought to try the Google mini before now :S ). He used to have some really funny shit going with Tim Dennis.

I'll take 5 months please.... with a side of running off with subscribers money/gofundme

IamNegan

Quote from: ponyboysunset on May 09, 2018, 09:36:40 AM
I'll take the dead pool action for bragging rights only. I say six months, but over/under if she actually starts a show. And that should be Lasha's meme on facebook! LMAO!

Count me in for under....I'm thinking more like a month, if that :)

IamNegan

Quote from: Christ on a Bike on May 09, 2018, 09:43:03 AM
This is so not true

Agreed. This is more like it:

[attachment=1]

ItsOver

Quote from: IamNegan on May 09, 2018, 09:20:40 AM
Anyone interested in starting a "dead pool" for how long her show lasts when/IF it ever happens?  It's never too early to start, I suppose...

There are just too many unknowns in the Heater Wade equation for me to make even a slightly educated guess.  How many Heater Wade old couple fanboys does she have?  Have they placed her in their will and for how much?  I don't know what the actuarial tables are for them but they probably favor Heater.  How much, if anything, did she get from Mr. Bell?  Is she doing anything on the side to supplement her Legacy income?  Tombstone design, grief counseling, pole dancing and beyond?

Quote from: IamNegan on May 09, 2018, 09:47:33 AM
Agreed. This is more like it:

[attachment=1,msg1207667]

You can't beat that. Game over  :P

IamNegan

Quote from: ItsOver on May 09, 2018, 09:49:11 AM
There are just too many unknowns in the Heater Wade equation for me to make even a slightly educated guess.  How many Heater Wade old couple fanboys does she have?  Have they placed her in their will and for how much?  I don't know what the actuarial tables are for them but they probably favor Heater.  How much, if anything, did she get from Mr. Bell?  Is she doing anything on the side to supplement her Legacy income?  Tombstone design, grief counseling, pole dancing and beyond?

OMFG, I HOPE no one has put her in their will!  :-[  As far as AB's bequeathment, I still believe she's now living in it...

ponyboysunset

Quote from: ItsOver on May 09, 2018, 09:49:11 AM
That's why it's called gambling. LOL. But I agree lots of factors here and desperate fan bois and girls. I mean isn't that was Lasha is?

ponyboysunset

Quote from: IamNegan on May 09, 2018, 09:52:22 AM
OMFG, I HOPE no one has put her in their will!  :-[  As far as AB's bequeathment, I still believe she's now living in it...
BINGO!

IamNegan

Quote from: ponyboysunset on May 09, 2018, 09:53:14 AM
That's why it's called gambling. LOL. But I agree lots of factors here and desperate fan bois and girls. I mean isn't that was Lasha is?

That depends....on whether Lasha is a boi or a girl....lmao

Quote from: IamNegan on May 09, 2018, 09:56:07 AM
That depends....on whether Heather is a boi or a girl....lmao

fify

ponyboysunset

So true radio activity so true! What's up dude? Good to see you here!

GravitySucks

I am tired of trying to keep up. If PBS gets a date, Lasha gets hit by a bus, Keith buys a new Porsche with his sudden windfall, or MV sobers up long enough to do a gabcast, please shoot me a pm. Otherwise I am hoing to read a slower paced forum. Reddit seems more on point these days.

ponyboysunset

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 09, 2018, 10:13:19 AM
Reddit seems more on point these days for boomers.
FIFY! And no dates on the horizon but really if dating involves crazy I'm good. I'll just buy a new vibrator and call it a day.
HEY-OH.

ItsOver

Quote from: IamNegan on May 09, 2018, 09:52:22 AM
It's on here somewhere, about one old couple supposedly putting her in their will.  As we all know, not everything on the internet is true, but such is not the case for MV's playground.  After watching what occurred just over the last few years with Mr. Bell, I wouldn't be surprised by anything linked to him that may transpire after his passing.

ponyboysunset

Quote from: ItsOver on May 09, 2018, 10:16:24 AM
It's on here somewhere, about one old couple supposedly putting her in their will.  As we all know, not everything on the internet is true, but such is not the case for MV's playground.  After watching what occurred just over the last few years with Mr. Bell, I wouldn't be surprised by anything linked to him that may transpire after his passing.
Shit, I forgot about Paul and Ella. Oh dammit I'm going to lose now. It's probably at least a year.

Roswells, Art

Quote from: ponyboysunset on May 09, 2018, 09:36:40 AM

I'll say seven months then she'll take maternity leave.

Quote from: Roswells, Art on May 09, 2018, 10:17:32 AM
I'll say seven months then she'll take maternity leave.

Daniel! You devil!

ItsOver

Quote from: ponyboysunset on May 09, 2018, 10:17:18 AM
Shit, I forgot about Paul and Ella. Oh dammit I'm going to lose now. It's probably at least a year.
Ha!  For all we know, Paul and Ella have millions stashed away in a mattress, ready to dole out to Heater, whether under duress or not. ;)

GravitySucks

Quote from: ponyboysunset on May 09, 2018, 10:14:51 AM
FIFY! And no dates on the horizon but really if dating involves crazy I'm good. I'll just buy a new vibrator and call it a day.
HEY-OH.

You need to hire me as a wingman. Every woman I talk to that I think is attractive ends up telling me to go away because they are thinking of becoming a lesbian.