Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: wr250 on May 08, 2018, 08:38:31 AM
also you get turbo mode for a month.

Brig is beta testing Turbo mode Plus+â,,¢

Lilith

Quote from: ItsOver on May 08, 2018, 08:57:06 AM
I believe MV would same something like "I knew you would, sugar.  Kiss, kiss. :-*;)  ;D

That would make me smile  ;D

Lilith

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on May 08, 2018, 08:57:59 AM
Brig is beta testing Turbo mode Plus+â,,¢

I recommend it. No issues so far.

ONeill

Quote from: Chocolate coated jackboot on May 08, 2018, 08:52:04 AM
That guy was one of the few good callers. Never heard from since

God, she's horrid.

Lilith

Arrgh!  I gotta go for a bit.  Got interrupted again.  I will probably have to start the show over again when I get back LOL's

El Chorro

I'm sorry I missed that third hour...sounds like it was a lot of fun. I'm on the east coast and it was too late to catch live. I was indifferent last night hearing his first hour, but I will keep listening and wish him the very best. He definitely has a great brand, and his wife is a huge asset to it.

Not having lived through the Art-to-Heather drama in real time, I can only imagine the relief at what you heard last night. It does feel like a brand Art created has regained its professional footing...and will stay on course.

Heather may end up doing something on a podcast somewhere, but without the context of MITD and Keith's backing, she has lost her hold on Art's legacy. Now she's "that girl Art put on." What a big mistake she made...Dave's ascent never would have happened without her behavior. It's not like Keith wanted her out as soon as Art died so he could do what he did last night.

Yorkshire pud

She's stymied because she has neither the intellect nor the experience to listen to what he was saying; Instead she defaulted to 'I love my country'.. Backward fucking idiot, she might learn something.

bellNwhistle

Quote from: El Chorro on May 07, 2018, 10:45:11 PM
They're saying what Heather's fans are saying: dull and uncharismatic. They already know Schrader and didn't clear a path when they had him. They may be wrong or they may be right, but nobody's shaking in their boots. The big news tonight is that he's better than Heather, but that's it.

Heather's fans would say anything to make Heather feel better right now.  She fucked it up big time. She COULD be on the air, but she chose not to be. That's on her.  So they can rip apart any host that's not hers, LIKE SHE TOLD THEM TO DO, by the way, and it's meaningless. Even if the guy isn't Art Bell quality (and I don't think he's half bad at all!), they're going to find everything they can to pick on- the voice, the guests, the wife.. you name it. They're as pathetic as they are petty.

ONeill

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on May 08, 2018, 09:19:47 AM

She's stymied because she has neither the intellect nor the experience to listen to what he was saying; Instead she defaulted to 'I love my country'.. Backward fucking idiot, she might learn something.

Yeah, all of that at the time when it can be easily argued that a parliamentary democracy can degenerate in ways that are at least as bad as in case of the first behind the post presidential system. Have a look at Italy, Girl Falkie.

Quote from: El Chorro on May 08, 2018, 09:12:41 AM

Heather may end up doing something on a podcast somewhere, but without the context of MITD and Keith's backing, she has lost her hold on Art's legacy. Now she's "that girl Art put on." What a big mistake she made...Dave's ascent never would have happened without her behavior. It's not like Keith wanted her out as soon as Art died so he could do what he did last night.

Heather was never Art's legacy. No one is. Art's legacy is all of this. It is all of the shows and hosts and listeners that are here and also the ones that came and went. Art didn't start this genre of talk radio but he brought it to public in a big way. Heather thinking she is the one and only true legacy is ludicrous.

(Fixed that)

Roswells, Art

Simply horrendous.

Caller: Americans could have better infrastructure and governance if they paid more attention to politics and used that knowledge while voting.

Wade:

(credit to ONeill for the gif)

ponyboysunset

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on May 08, 2018, 09:19:47 AM

Kinda hard to do that when you are hitting bong on the breaks.  ;D

bellNwhistle

Quote from: Bobs Your Uncle on May 08, 2018, 09:29:50 AM
Heather was never Art's legacy. No one is. Art's legacy is all of this. It is all of the shows and hosts and listeners that are here and also the ones that came and went. Art didn't start this genre of talk radio but he brought it to public in a big way. Heather thinking she is the one and only true legacy is ludicrous.

(Fixed that)

AMEN!  8)

Roswells, Art

Quote from: ponyboysunset on May 08, 2018, 09:35:00 AM
Kinda hard to do that when you are hitting bong on the breaks.  ;D

For her, yes. For Art and a few other stoners I have known, no.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: ONeill on May 08, 2018, 09:29:32 AM
Yeah, all of that at the time when it can be easily argued that a parliamentary democracy can degenerate in ways that are at least as bad as in case of the first behind the post presidential system. Have a look at Italy, Girl Falkie.

Was the guy Swiss or an American who lived in Switzerland? He didn't sound German enough to be Swiss German..No? I thought he made interesting points although he was coming only from a parliamentary system that had proportional representation, rather than the model that the UK has which isn't, and is a first past the post (Except for the soon to be defunct EU elections). She was ignoring his valid points and decided to infer he was slagging off the army, poor people, more poor people, the airforce, navy, and no doubt hoola hoops.

ponyboysunset

Quote from: Bobs Your Uncle on May 08, 2018, 09:29:50 AM

(Fixed that)
I think some people felt like they owed her a listen because Art picked her blah blah blah. I listened because before she flipped her lid she was one of us. But once I heard how fake she was and forced and just not cut out for it I was done. I think it's appalling they (Art & Heather) wanted the forum censored to protect Heather. No one gets that and shouldn't. Any way I am excited we are all gathering again.

CoolTen10

Dave Schrader is a Vulture!

How Dare he exploit Art's name in Vain!

ponyboysunset

Quote from: CoolTen10 on May 08, 2018, 09:42:36 AM

What up Sandy Vagina?  ;D

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on May 08, 2018, 09:38:47 AM
Was the guy Swiss or an American who lived in Switzerland? He didn't sound German enough to be Swiss German..No? I thought he made interesting points although he was coming only from a parliamentary system that had proportional representation, rather than the model that the UK has which isn't, and is a first past the post (Except for the soon to be defunct EU elections). She was ignoring his valid points and decided to infer he was slagging off the army, poor people, more poor people, the airforce, navy, and no doubt hoola hoops.

I believe he was an American ex pat. He was making a valid point about the infrastructure issues in the US. There are serious problems that our and following generations are going to have to deal with. Wrapping yourself in the flag and declaring "How dare you! I'm a patriotic American" doesn't get it done. A true patriot would want to make the US a better place.

DaveSchrader

Hey All!
Welcome to the Etch of Sketch of life, we shook it, and started a bit from scratch and I am pleased that the over all feel is...

"Well he is better than drinking acid"

;)

Reading through these pages for the last 4 days has been a treat, the hate, the love, the drama, did I mention the hate?

We are listening, and reading and hearing your concerns and platitudes, both equally important.  There will be changes, some you will love, some may take some getting used to, for all of us.

Let me give you all perspective on the task at hand, I will NEVER make everyone happy as is evident from posts here and on social media,
"He has a great Radio Voice and is such an engaging interviewer"   to  "His voice is boring and monotone. He talks too slow"  to  "He talks too fast."

My pace and meter will change, when you host a show and spend a whole hour talking, by yourself, I had to keep the energy up, talking a bit faster and higher is about transferring energy to an audience.  If I just spoke for an hour in a never changing monotone, slowly, you would have tuned out in hoards. Talking faster and with energy I was hoping to cover a lot, give some insights and keep the mood lighter and moving. 

Some will love, some will hate. Either way, I get to wake up next to the woman I love, surrounded by kids I adore and do a job that is my passion.  I hope you will continue to come along for the ride and understand, some nights will be better than others, but that is the way it is in every relationship.

I believe it was the great mind of Socrates that once said,

"You take the good, you take the bad, you take them both and there you have, The Facts of Life, The Facts of Life"

(or was that Alan Thicke? Socrates, Alan Thicke....both great thinkers and amazing TV Dads)

Onward and Upward BellGabbertonians! Tally Ho!
See ya in the Worm Hole.

And one last favor, ease up on Heather. Death is a difficult blow and we all react differently to it. Just because you may handle a situation one way, there is no need to believe that is a universal truth.  Lets leave the disdain for Heather behind and instead focus it where it belongs, on Alex Trebek.

The more you talk about her and let the hate fester like a cancer the more she continues to get your attention and no one should be the focus of continuing rage. The future is here...lets go get mini-donuts and look at clouds.

Your monotone, fast, slow talking, obnoxious, unfunny, warm hearted, lucky son of a bitch radio show host friend,

Dave
aka - Darkness in the Desert of True Crime Dave

DaveSchrader

Quote from: CoolTen10 on May 08, 2018, 09:42:36 AM

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: DaveSchrader on May 08, 2018, 09:46:24 AM
Hey All!
Welcome to the Etch of Sketch of life, we shook it, and started a bit from scratch and I am pleased that the over all feel is...

;)

Reading through these pages for the last 4 days has been a treat, the hate, the love, the drama, did I mention the hate?

Roswells, Art

Hey All!

;)

We are listening, and reading and hearing your concerns and platitudes, both equally important.  There will be changes, some you will love, some may take some getting used to, for all of us.

Let me give you all perspective on the task at hand, I will NEVER make everyone happy as is evident from posts here and on social media,
"He has a great Radio Voice and is such an engaging interviewer"   to  "His voice is boring and monotone. He talks too slow"  to  "He talks too fast."

My pace and meter will change, when you host a show and spend a whole hour talking, by yourself, I had to keep the energy up, talking a bit faster and higher is about transferring energy to an audience.  If I just spoke for an hour in a never changing monotone, slowly, you would have tuned out in hoards. Talking faster and with energy I was hoping to cover a lot, give some insights and keep the mood lighter and moving. 

Some will love, some will hate. Either way, I get to wake up next to the woman I love, surrounded by kids I adore and do a job that is my passion.  I hope you will continue to come along for the ride and understand, some nights will be better than others, but that is the way it is in every relationship.

I believe it was the great mind of Socrates that once said,

"You take the good, you take the bad, you take them both and there you have, The Facts of Life, The Facts of Life"

(or was that Alan Thicke? Socrates, Alan Thicke....both great thinkers and amazing TV Dads)

Onward and Upward BellGabbertonians! Tally Ho!
See ya in the Worm Hole.

And one last favor, ease up on Heather. Death is a difficult blow and we all react differently to it. Just because you may handle a situation one way, there is no need to believe that is a universal truth.  Lets leave the disdain for Heather behind and instead focus it where it belongs, on Alex Trebek.

The more you talk about her and let the hate fester like a cancer the more she continues to get your attention and no one should be the focus of continuing rage. The future is here...lets go get mini-donuts and look at clouds.

Your monotone, fast, slow talking, obnoxious, unfunny, warm hearted, lucky son of a bitch radio show host friend,

Dave
aka - Darkness in the Desert of True Crime Dave

We would never have been so hard on Wade if she didn't use us to get what she wanted then pretend like this site or the "little podcast" she was on never existed.

Also, funny post, it's so great you are on MitD!

ponyboysunset

Quote from: DaveSchrader on May 08, 2018, 09:49:12 AM

Welcome Dave! Post often. Love the new direction of the show. Regarding Heather, not gonna happen. She brought this on herself as she was batshit crazy long before Art died, just ask Bateman about her famous meltdown or better yet you can listen to it here, you know on that "little" podcast she used to do.
http://www.ufoship.com/?p=2645
Praise MV!

#MoarTrueCrime
#OneOfUs
#AVultureWeCanGetBehind
#betterthanwade

Bart Ell

And one last favor, ease up on Heather.

Favor denied!
I had to move that kitchen table by myself last night.
You did not do me that favor so I feel ok in denying yours.
We are still pals, though.

ONeill

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on May 08, 2018, 09:38:47 AM

I used to live in Switzerland and can say the guy was making some excellent points. However, he failed to mention that Switzerland is in fact a confederation of little states where little is decided on federal level. Sounds familiar? In Switzerland it is so extreme that they hardly constitute a nation. The western part speaks French and is mentally and culturally different then the vastly larger "German" part. Basing on what the guy was saying he likely lived in one of the French cantons. There is also an "italian" part in the south - same stuff. They mostly don't speak each other's languages so often they can't even communicate. The referenda are also local in large part. The system works because it has been perfected over centuries and their complete neutrality since 1815. The cantons are allowed to keep their identities, there is little federal outreach. The issues are dealt locally in a matter that is best for local communities. And it is likely to go on for some time into the future. The Swiss oppose the cancer that is the EU, they are also "crazies" by European standards, ideas like returning to monetary gold standard are popular and considered. Girl Falkie could have simply made an argument that Switzerland is kinda unique, but well... she's Girl Falkie.

Lord Grantham

Welcome aboard!

If I may throw some advice out, don't be afraid to have non-paranormal topics every now and then. If you get the chance to interview a notable politician or celebrity or scientist go for it. The show doesn't necessarily need to be goblins 'n such every night.

Roswells, Art

Quote from: DaveSchrader on May 08, 2018, 09:49:12 AM

Click the little portrait icon above where you typing in your post and stick your gif in-between the two /img commands to make your vulture flap.