• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Morgus

Quote from: Art Bell on September 21, 2015, 07:46:48 PM
That's what this is all about, not changing the show BUT now taking it to the next level which means to regular Broadcasters in a big way. So yes for you all no shock but remember I said some, and trust me that is true. Don't take good news so hard.

Art
Yep - I figured that the "shock" and "hate" from some probably referred to PremRat and Noory...

WOTR

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on September 21, 2015, 09:01:41 PM
It's easy!  I use this Youtube channel to learn proper enunciation of all my words.

And we were all wondering where Dave took his advanced English lessons.  Do they have one on February for him? :o

Edit: Never mind.  Found it.  Can somebody post this on Daves facebook page?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skUfQYr47QQ

trostol

Quote from: WOTR on September 21, 2015, 09:12:14 PM
And we were all wondering where Dave took his advanced English lessons.  Do they have one on February for him? :o

Edit: Never mind.  Found it.  Can somebody post this on Daves facebook page?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skUfQYr47QQ

was just about to post that..that sounds equally as awful as Wednesday

Aussie Dave

Quote from: jazmunda on September 21, 2015, 10:22:42 AM
For those who don't have Facebook:

https://youtu.be/KDrdTwwZ1wc

Who created this video? Jazz it looks like one of your productions. I recognise some of the footage. Just beautiful.

Are you also doing the videos on Art's Official You Tube channel? I also recognise the graphics from the video you posted of the (redacted) interview.

The visuals on those video clips are simply stunning. Kudos fellow Aussie. If you're ever up in Sydney I'll shout you a schooner.

bateman

Quote from: Aussie Dave on September 21, 2015, 09:20:23 PM
If you're ever up in Sydney I'll shout you a schooner.

You'll do what to his what now?

Quote from: Morgus on September 21, 2015, 09:09:58 PM
Target for San Diego & LA area: 760AM KFMB - it competes with KOGO 600AM and higher power!

Thanks for the tip Morgus.

Aussie Dave

Quote from: bateman on September 21, 2015, 09:23:33 PM
You'll do what to his what now?

Hahahahaha.

A schooner is a tall glass of beer. At least that's the story I'm sticking with. Keep it on the DL.

Zenman

Target for San Diego & LA area: 760AM KFMB - it competes with KOGO 600AM and higher power!

Cool tip, Morgus. Should save some wheel-spinning.

Anyone else know some good vs. futile target stations for other areas?

TigerLily

Yes! Thanks.

TigerLily

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on September 21, 2015, 08:53:55 PM
Interesting idea.  I can't think of any classic rock stations that carry talk programs...but it's certainly worth a shot!  I'm thinking of mailing handwritten notes along with a copy of the news release to stations in my area.  I feel like an actual letter will carry more weight than an e-mail or phone call.
Great Idea. I'll email first, then try the rest.

TigerLily

Quote from: ACE of CLUBS on September 21, 2015, 08:59:13 PM
Good idea ...... glad you brought it up.
Will be contacting the 'classic rock' stations in my listening area ..... Vancouver, B.C.
Have had no response from the 'talk giant' .... CKNW 980 Vancouver.
Thanks. Ace

jazmunda

Tuesday night's Guest: Dr. Kevin Trenberth - Climate Change

http://artbell.com/tue-sep-22-dr-kevin-trenberth/

QuoteDr. Kevin E. Trenberth is a distinguished senior scientist in the Climate Analysis Section at the National Center for Atmospheric Research. From New Zealand, he obtained his Sc. D. in meteorology from Massachusetts Institute of Technology. He has been prominent in most of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) scientific assessments of Climate Change and has also extensively served the World Climate Research Programme (WCRP) in numerous ways, most recently as chair of the WCRP Global Energy and Water Exchanges (GEWEX) project. He has also served on many national committees. He is a fellow of the American Meteorological Society (AMS), the American Association for Advancement of Science, the American Geophysical Union, and an honorary fellow of the Royal Society of New Zealand.

In 2000 he received the Jule G. Charney award from the AMS and in 2003 he was given the NCAR Distinguished Achievement Award. In 2013 he received the Prince Sultan Bin Abdulaziz International Prize for Water and the AGU Climate Communication Prize. He edited a 788 page book Climate System Modeling, published in 1992 by Cambridge University Press. He has published over 528 scientific articles or papers, including 62 books or book chapters, and over 242 refereed journal articles. On the Web of Science, there are over 25,100 citations and an H index of 72 (72 publications have 72 or more citations). On Google Scholar, there are > 45,000 citations and an H index of 93. He has given many invited scientific talks as well as appearing in a number of television, radio programs and newspaper articles. In his spare time he plays golf. He was previously employed as a research scientist in the New Zealand Meteorological Service and was a Professor at the University of Illinois for nearly 7 years prior to joining NCAR.

Lunger

Quote from: jazmunda on September 22, 2015, 04:16:32 AM
Tuesday night's Guest: Dr. Kevin Trenberth - Climate Change

http://artbell.com/tue-sep-22-dr-kevin-trenberth/

Trenberth being part of the IPCC is all you need to know.

Marc.Knight

Art needs to eventually publish "The Art of Talk 2.0".

michio

Quote from: Lunger on September 22, 2015, 05:28:30 AM
Trenberth being part of the IPCC is all you need to know.

I know I can't wait for the anti-science/anti-reality peeps to call in and angrily accuse Trenberth and Art of being in cahoots with the Global Climate Conspiracy Consortium. Fun times ahead.

TigerLily

Quote from: michio on September 22, 2015, 06:54:20 AM
I know I can't wait for the anti-science/anti-reality peeps to call in and angrily accuse Trenberth and Art of being in cahoots with the Global Climate Conspiracy Consortium. Fun times ahead.
There Will Be Blood  8)

cweb

Quote from: Aussie Dave on September 21, 2015, 09:34:05 PM
A schooner is a tall glass of beer. At least that's the story I'm sticking with. Keep it on the DL.
Aaaaand I'm totally going to start using this term at bars.

Until I get so 'faced I'm slurring the word "unbelievable."

ItsOver

Quote from: Morgus on September 21, 2015, 09:11:03 PM
Yep - I figured that the "shock" and "hate" from some probably referred to PremRat and Noory...

Eh, so Art was yanking our chain.  Bad boy.  ;)

Skunk Ape

Well I emailed our locally owned talk station about carrying MitD.

The other local talk station is corporate-owned and carries Dave and Co.

We'll see how it goes. Probably should have done this earlier. They currently air Red Eye Radio at that time so I'm not sure how it will play out.

Here's to hoping WDDQ joins the list of affiliates.

TigerLily

Quote from: Skunk Ape on September 22, 2015, 11:06:43 AM
Well I emailed our locally owned talk station about carrying MitD.

The other local talk station is corporate-owned and carries Dave and Co.

We'll see how it goes. Probably should have done this earlier. They currently air Red Eye Radio at that time so I'm not sure how it will play out.

Here's to hoping WDDQ joins the list of affiliates.
Maybe email Classic Rock.station(s)?

Skunk Ape

Quote from: TigerLily on September 22, 2015, 11:18:53 AM
Maybe email Classic Rock.station(s)?

May be a way to go. There are a few around here that may be interested. WDDQ was just the 2nd biggest talk station around so I figured I'd try them first.

Quote from: cweb on September 22, 2015, 07:10:48 AM
Aaaaand I'm totally going to start using this term at bars.

Until I get so 'faced I'm slurring the word "unbelievable."

Ah, sorry I guess we were talking about Australier.

BellBoy

It would be fantastic to know, just how many stations have expressed interest in the XDS Satellite feed over the last 24 hours. So far just 28 subscribers to the Art Bell Affiliation page at Nexus Broadcast Networks... and one of them is  me. :(

It won't help for me to contact my local radio stations, as the XDS feed, to my knowledge, only services North America. I have, however, sent an email to an old high school acquaintance, that works as on-air talent, at a classic rock AM/FM combo station, in my old home-town. His brother is the station director and this station just happens to be in competition with the local station carrying "the other show".

Almost everyone, knows someone. Call, write or just shout it on the streets: "ART BELL IS TAKING BACK THE NIGHT!"

I will be watching, with keen interest, Art's affiliates list. I hope that 'Big Steve' doesn't let me down.

Zenman

Art, is that an 8 second or a 12 second delay. I forget.    ;)

Art Bell

Thank all of you who make a call for us, this is the start of a big change indeed. There was not much chance of stations coming on when they had to buy new hardware and use what on their end might be less then dependable Internet, however XDS changes all that.

It is a big investment on our part and a risk but what the heck, right? It's all a big gamble and that's what life is about.

Art

BellBoy

Quote from: Art Bell on September 22, 2015, 03:22:39 PM
Thank all of you who make a call for us, this is the start of a big change indeed. There was not much chance of stations coming on when they had to buy new hardware and use what on their end might be less then dependable Internet, however XDS changes all that.

It is a big investment on our part and a risk but what the heck, right? It's all a big gamble and that's what life is about.

Art

You're welcome Art. For all that you've given to me, over the years, it's the least that I could do. After all, what is the personal cost of a phone call or an email? Multiply my humble contribution to the cause by 1,000 and we might just have something!

Almost everyone, knows someone. Call, write or just shout it on the streets: "ART BELL IS TAKING BACK THE NIGHT!"

I want to see this baby go HUGE!

(London station! London station! London station!)

starrmtn001

Quote from: Art Bell on September 22, 2015, 03:22:39 PM

Art
That it does Art.  And, you make it that much better.