• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

skidder

Surprising to keep hearing the same people call into the show.  Although in general the quality (or lack of overt retardation) of most callers is high, I'm surprised people are getting through more than once.  Does that mean volumes are low, or that there are a core of people that plug away?

As a UK listener I can't really every see calling in given the show times.

Super excited for this topic. I hope this guest comes off as knowledgeable and not as a kook.

phrodo

Quote from: Juan Cena on September 16, 2015, 03:19:10 AM
To be fair, Art did meet Airyn online.

IIRC - they were introduced by his friend that recently passed away.

Mebee

Big kudos to Art for suggesting that people "check it out" before believing BS stories on sites like BEFOREITSNEWS.  People should realize that it's common for jerks to post nonsense on those sites just to yank gullible people's chains.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Mebee on September 16, 2015, 10:48:01 AM
Big kudos to Art for suggesting that people "check it out" before believing BS stories on sites like BEFOREITSNEWS.  People should realize that it's common for jerks to post nonsense on those sites just to yank gullible people's chains.

please do not post the same message in multiple threads.

PING

If I'm right, he was introduced by email through a friend of his. A lot different than a dating site.

If I met someone through Noorys sucker errrr dating site, I'd come up with a less embarrassing cover story to explain where we met: ISIS training camp, jail, Ashley Madison site...

coaster

The type of people you'd meet on paranormal date are neck beards and cutters.

ItsOver

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on September 16, 2015, 06:56:05 AM

Just in time to warm us up for Halloween.

"Trick or treat, trick or treat...we have black eyes for you to meet."

coaster

Black eyed children. Whats so scary about kids with cataracts?

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: coaster on September 16, 2015, 01:58:36 PM
Black eyed children. Whats so scary about kids with cataracts?

Nothing scary about kids who lost a fight in the schoolyard, either.

starrmtn001

I know I'm going to regret this, but here goes.  Yes.  I have seen the "black eyed" (not the peas) children once.  From a distance.  A loooooong time ago ('02 or'03). On a Mountain (Mt Baldy).  Far, far away (from here).

I'll try to get through on Skype to tell the story tonight, IF something doesn't blow my internet connection AGAIN! >:(

scottydawg

Quote from: PING on September 16, 2015, 12:37:35 PM
If I'm right, he was introduced by email through a friend of his. A lot different than a dating site.

If I met someone through Noorys sucker errrr dating site, I'd come up with a less embarrassing cover story to explain where we met: ISIS training camp, jail, Ashley Madison site...
Ah Yes, Paranormal Dating, When you don't have A GHOST of a chance gettin' laid by a live woman! ;D

TigerLily

Quote from: starrmtn001 on September 16, 2015, 02:14:59 PM
I know I'm going to regret this, but here goes.  Yes.  I have seen the "black eyed" (not the peas) children once.  From a distance.  A loooooong time ago ('02 or'03). On a Mountain (Mt Baldy).  Far, far away (from here).

I'll try to get through on Skype to tell the story tonight, IF something doesn't blow my internet connection AGAIN! >:(
Whoa. You're the first person I've heard of who has seen one.  I grew up in San Gabriel Valley not too far from Mt. Baldy.  Sure the black eyes weren't caused by smog?

AppealPlay

Quote from: starrmtn001 on September 16, 2015, 02:14:59 PM

You must call tonight!  Were you creeped out by it?

TigerLily

Who wouldn't invite these adorable kids in?  Me!

chefist

Quote from: TigerLily on September 16, 2015, 03:00:47 PM
Whoa. You're the first person I've heard of who has seen one.  I grew up in San Gabriel Valley not too far from Mt. Baldy.  Sure the black eyes weren't caused by smog?

Yes call early and listen to the show while on hold!

Alaskana

Quote from: scottydawg on September 16, 2015, 02:50:03 PM
Ah Yes, Paranormal Dating, When you don't have A GHOST of a chance gettin' laid by a live woman! ;D

I can hear the commercial jingle now: "♪ You don't have to be lonely, at Premratsonly.com ♪ -Those Bellgabbers juuust don't get it "  :D

TigerLily

;D Thank God we don't get it, I mean MV  (Praise MV)

scottydawg

Quote from: ItsOver on September 15, 2015, 02:35:30 PM
It would indeed be a dream come true.  I just don't see the Evil PremRat Empire, with Dork Noory, releasing it's iron grip.
Meanwhile in the Art Wars Universe a mailman delivers an Express Mail package to Michio Kaku. "Hey Doc got a package for you, all the way from Pahrump! Ain't your birthday yet, is it?" Dr. Kaku shakes his his head, "No Jim, not until January." He signs for the package and goes into his home office. His wife Shizue asks, what's that Honey?" He replies, not sure, seems Art sent me something but it's not his normal writing on the box, maybe his hands are getting shaky." Michio opens the package and unwraps the bubble wrap to find a little R2-D2 electronic toy. His wife shakes her head, "I think your a little to old for that!" He flips it over, turns on the switch and sets it on it's feet. "Well lets see what it does." The little droid comes to life, beeps and boops, then a little laser beam streams out. A little hologram appears before their eyes. A small girl who looks very familiar appears, and starts to speak, "Help my Daddy, Obi Wan Kaku, your his best hope!" the holographic record loops 2 more times then stops. Shizue shakily asks, "Is that who I think it is?" Dr. Kaku nods, "Yes, it's Art and Airyn's daughter Asia!" Shizue speaks again, "What are you going to do?" Michio stands up, goes over to the closet and pulls out his old professors robe and puts it on."I'm going to Nevada to help my friend Art Solo!" He then dials a number on his desk phone. An old voice answers and Dr. Kaku says, "General Hartung,Wanna Take a Ride?" ;D ;) to be continued..............................

rkowna

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on September 14, 2015, 05:28:32 PM
We Hoaglims have no beef with anyone except the government of Mexico for kicking our prophet out of Chichen Itza for using the accutron.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_woVHaJKw0

This video is absolutely my second favorite hoagland moment of all time.  He looks like he is blitzed on mescaline and wonders why la policia don't like the way he looks?  Any cop anywhere in the world sees a nut looking like that walking around in public nothing short of a tasering will do.  La Policia were very kind to him.  Most favorite moment is when he was on 9/11 trying to convince Noory to get him on the air with Dr Judy Wood and Jesse Ventura so the three of them can unite to prove to the world torsion physics took down the World Trade Center.  Hoagland is a laugh a minute.  I love the guy.

rkowna

Quote from: jazmunda on September 14, 2015, 05:50:41 PM
Holiday Hoagland is RCH's greatest look.

Holiday Hoagland looks an awful lot like To Catch a Predator Hoagland. 

coaster

This is the first time I have seen the video. After Hoagland explained what he was doing, they really should have let it go. Let the man play with his toy, for pete sake.

I'm reminded of the first black-eyed kid I saw who fell in a well on the X Files, all part of the infectious "Black Oil" which turned peoples eyes black. Freaky.
http://x-files.wikia.com/wiki/Purity

Art Bell

To be fair and accurate, I was introduced to Airyn by Carl Richardson my Brother in Law who is also a Ham and is alive and well. While it is true that we chatted on line. We did not meet on some dating service. I would drive a ten penny nail into my head before I would advertise a Paranormal dating service or for that matter any at all. I am very careful what I attach my name with, I really have to believe in the product.

Art

starrmtn001

Quote from: TigerLily on September 16, 2015, 03:00:47 PM
Naw.  That would be red runny eyes lol. ;D

starrmtn001

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on September 16, 2015, 03:02:56 PM
You must call tonight!  Were you creeped out by it?
Not really.  I was a little distance away.  It didn't appear that they noticed me watching them.

BellBoy

Quote from: Art Bell on September 16, 2015, 04:12:05 PM
To be fair and accurate, I was introduced to Airyn by Carl Richardson my Brother in Law who is also a Ham and is alive and well. While it is true that we chatted on line. We did not meet on some dating service. I would drive a ten penny nail into my head before I would advertise a Paranormal dating service or for that matter any at all. I am very careful what I attach my name with, I really have to believe in the product.

Art

Art, I do not, for one second, envy your position: having to live within the purview of the "jaundiced public eye". I thank God, every day, that I am NOT famous...

(But, thank's for all the GREAT FUCKING RADIO!)

Skunk Ape

Quote from: Art Bell on September 16, 2015, 04:12:05 PM
I would drive a ten penny nail into my head before I would advertise a Paranormal dating service or for that matter any at all.

Well there goes any chance of QRZDate.com getting their pitch man.