• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell Quits Dark Matter

Started by DesertFox, November 01, 2013, 08:13:24 AM

HumanBeing

Quote from: Asadora on November 04, 2013, 06:17:13 PM
I am going to continue to have hope that all of this will work out. I'm not going to stop supporting Mr. Bell, when things get tough or when things get 'glitchy'.  There are a number of reasons as to why Mr. Bell's personal facebook page is no longer active and so he shouldn't be slanted for it without there to be 'proven' fact as to what -actually- has happened to it.

People that express their devotion and admiration for Mr. Bell until something unexplainable happens all of a sudden, those very same people turn nasty, against a man who is just as -human- as the rest of us, makes it easy for Mr. Bell to perhaps consider to not continue, which would be detrimental to his true and -loyal- fanbase.

Mr. Bell has made every attempt at filling the needs of his domestic listeners and his international listeners by using Skype for international callers. His first Dark Matter show, he explained in detail as to what happened between him and C2C. He didn't -have- to give us an explanation as to what really happened, but he did. How many of us would be able to do the same, after getting the same flack which is currently being given to him now?
He faced the expectant wrath once and I believe that he will do it again. Just be patient.

I realise that a lot of people are upset and frustrated, but from what I can see there is no reason to jump this ship, for I truly believe that this ship is only changing its course and I'm certainly still remaining for the ride.

(This post only expresses my personal views and is not meant to cause a flame war or offend anyone.)

Kind Regards,
from those of us that listen quietly.

I can understand your sentiments... but the thing that really bothers me is it APPEARS Art does not even have the balls, courtesy, or INTEGRITY to explain to...

1)  his fans/listeners

2) those people who spent $$$ getting a SiriusXM subscription

3) those people spent money buying SiriusXM compatible radio equipment ONLY because of Art and him saying he had 3 year contract. (Perhaps some people would not have spent that money not knowing he would not be around for more than 6 weeks)

I'm sure I could come up with many more to add to the list but I won't belabour, my point is... would not a DECENT man of INTEGRITY give everyone a little more explanation? Other than the facebook crap and also cowardly deactivating his facebook account to seemingly avoid any backlash.

What sort of behavior is that for a man of his apparent stature? What kind of individual would behave this way? ...and what are their true intentions?

It is very disappointing and quite honestly shocking to be treated with such little respect. People tend to sometimes say "Well, I don't owe you anything" or something along those lines.. well Art DOES owe us something... a better explanation than the lame ass one now that currently exists.

Does Art truly expect us to believe that Sirius can not fix the streaming issues people had?!?? Yeah right.
Good one Art, now step up to the mic and be a man of integrity and give us the REAL reason(s) you are quitting. I doubt he has the stones... coward.

Wilderness

Unreal. 

It was great while it lasted.

Desmond

Art is in the enviable position in life to do exactly what he wants.  If he is unhappy with SXM streaming, he can change horses.

Instead of the anger and rage, stay calm and see what develops, I think its possible the outcome will be something even better than the last six weeks, if Art streams live thru his site, and SXM gets the DM library, than the whole world gets access to live material and those that want replays get SXM.

Quote from: morphiaflow on November 04, 2013, 07:23:05 PM
Gods, I loved season 2....

same here, I really wish Lynch would have been able to finish the other two movies he had outlined in '92. We never got to see Sheriff Truman drive Josie backwards through the portal on the Creamed Corn planet with the Little Man from Another Place.

Quote from: HumanBeing on November 04, 2013, 07:25:50 PM
I can understand your sentiments... but the thing that really bothers me is it APPEARS Art does not even have the balls, courtesy, or INTEGRITY to explain to...

1)  his fans/listeners

2) those people who spent $$$ getting a SiriusXM subscription

3) those people spent money buying SiriusXM compatible radio equipment ONLY because of Art and him saying he had 3 year contract. (Perhaps some people would not have spent that money not knowing he would not be around for more than 6 weeks)

I'm sure I could come up with many more to add to the list but I won't belabour, my point is... would not a DECENT man of INTEGRITY give everyone a little more explanation? Other than the facebook crap and also cowardly deactivating his facebook account to seemingly avoid any backlash.

What sort of behavior is that for a man of his apparent stature? What kind of individual would behave this way? ...and what are their true intentions?

It is very disappointing and quite honestly shocking to be treated with such little respect. People tend to sometimes say "Well, I don't owe you anything" or something along those lines.. well Art DOES owe us something... a better explanation than the lame ass one now that currently exists.

Does Art truly expect us to believe that Sirius can not fix the streaming issues people had?!?? Yeah right.
Good one Art, now step up to the mic and be a man of integrity and give us the REAL reason(s) you are quitting. I doubt he has the stones... coward.

He's gonna have a lot of 'splaining to do, and he's going to have to do it soon.  Deactivating his Facebook doesn't help.  Like I posted earlier, we're in for a "boy who cried wolf" scenario.

morphiaflow

Quote from: guildnavigator on November 04, 2013, 07:27:15 PM

same here, I really wish Lynch would have been able to finish the other two movies he had outlined in '92. We never got to see Sheriff Truman drive Josie backwards through the portal on the Creamed Corn planet with the Little Man from Another Place.

Judy.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Remley on November 04, 2013, 07:27:06 PM
Art is in the enviable position in life to do exactly what he wants.  If he is unhappy with SXM streaming, he can change horses.

Instead of the anger and rage, stay calm and see what develops, I think its possible the outcome will be something even better than the last six weeks, if Art streams live thru his site, and SXM gets the DM library, than the whole world gets access to live material and those that want replays get SXM.

i don't know about the specifics of what you think could happen, but your overall approach to remaining calm i agree with.

SaucyRossy

There is nothing stopping Art from jumping on the mic, sending a stream over to Keith and Keith put it up on the site tonight to have a venue for him to talk.

If things were over with Sirius then that's what would be happening right now. Not a replay of an interview with RCH.

At least we get a RCH tonight on replay.

Desmond

Deactivating FB simply saves him the trouble of deleting all the negative and emotional comments.  When the dust clears and we know more, it will probably be reactivated (although I would much prefer he abandon FB and use twitter and his website instead.)

I don't think Dark Matter is dead and gone.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Remley on November 04, 2013, 07:31:34 PM
(although I would much prefer he abandon FB and use twitter and his website instead.)

or bellgab.

AppealPlay

Quote from: bateman on November 04, 2013, 07:30:50 PM
This post has been updated:

http://artbell.com/will-siriusxm-allow-free-streaming-of-live-show/

Well, I guess that makes it official.  Anyone want to buy a lightly used Onyx receiver with a speaker dock and car/home kits? :-\

EarthAlien007

After trying to go through all these posts, where does it say Art quit?

There's a lot more to all this than we know. He's not in it for the money. He turned down many offers before going with them. Do you really think he's going to go away now? I'm sure some trolls here wish he would. It's not going to happen.

I'm just disappointed to see long time Art fans throwing him under the bus on this. Damn, do you have no loyalty?

Vicious critics, yeah...

P.S. Gnoory, I see you were here Today at 05:59:15 PM. Go fuck yourself. Get ready for the next round. Art will always be King.

Spooky Matter

Quote from: bateman on November 04, 2013, 07:30:50 PM
This post has been updated:

http://artbell.com/will-siriusxm-allow-free-streaming-of-live-show/
Well it's one fucking thing to say this, "Sometimes when you are “all in” you win, sometimes lose.
By mutual agreement, Dark Matter will no longer air as of tonight."

And it's a whole nother to say this, "                             ."

HumanBeing

Coast To Coast also loses here.
I was thinking... having Art back on the air was actually good for them as well.
Nothing is better than having competition. Although it was usually only one hour of direct live on-air competition it still would cause everyone to up their game and put out a better product each night.
The only thing that Coast can boast (haha) about is they won the fight. They landed an uppercut and knocked Art out flat on his ass, mumbling, drooling and pissing himself... but in the end Coast to Coast know they truly lost as well.

Desmond

Quote from: MV on November 04, 2013, 07:32:32 PM
or bellgab.

LOL, of course.  They are a vaguely lovable bunch aren't they...

Araxen

I hope there is more to this but if it's true this really hurts his legacy. I'm not too happy at the moment like the rest of us.

What really gets my goat is Noory is somewhere laughing his ass off at this and that is what makes me even more mad.

RedMichael

Hmm on one hand I want Bell to do radio again. On the other hand, I feel like I would have to go to a stockholm syndrome support group if I listened to his new show.

Tell me, anyone here who paid money to listen to art or bought one of their shitty, overpriced radios (the ones he told you were great and to buy), willing to tune in if he goes to a different avenue?

I'd hope not...

PrairieGhost

Well I guess that's the end of Dark Matter. Thanks for the shows you gave us Art. It was fun but I hope not the end of radio from you.

FallenSeraph

Quote from: bateman on November 04, 2013, 06:11:30 PM
Thanks, Chine. I'll try to get a new one up for this weekend, and this will assuredly be a regular thing from now on.

If you haven't heard the first one, it's up on www.darkweekend.net

P.S. Very sorry to hear about your dad, Seraphim.

Thanks and hey, your show is awesome! Looking forward to the next one!

UrbanFool

I, for one, am heavily dependent on the "on demand" listening of the show, I can rarely listen live. I'm sure I'm not the only one in that boat. And, that's what I'm paying SiriusXM for. I'll just wait and see what happens. I might be listening to Glenn Beck in the middle of the night.

nomobjustice

Quote from: EarthAlien007 on November 04, 2013, 07:33:01 PM

I'm just disappointed to see long time Art fans throwing him under the bus on this. Damn, do you have no loyalty?

Ava Braun in the bunker couldn't have said it better. I've put up with 20 years of Art's childish bullshit because he puts on a good show but I have had it.

Spooky Matter

How to Listen to Art Bell
Subscribe to SiriusXM Internet Radio

ummmm ok

Ravenna

I feel there is still hope as long as Artbell.com is up and being updated, and it is.  It could be that Art will wrestle himself OUT of his contract with Sirius (I wonder how tough THAT will be), and then come back to do a streaming "radio" show on his own website.  Won't pay well, but he sure will be calling ALL the shots, if he does that.  It's what I thought he should do all along.

The worrisome part is that Art seems to have pulled down his personal FB page. 
:(

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Araxen on November 04, 2013, 07:35:47 PM
I hope there is more to this but if it's true this really hurts his legacy. I'm not too happy at the moment like the rest of us.

What really gets my goat is Noory is somewhere laughing his ass off at this and that is what makes me even more mad.

christ.  you're one of the waaaay earlier users of the forum.  i remember you.  hope all is well.

Lioness

Quote from: NefariousBanana on November 04, 2013, 07:13:39 PM
What I'm curious about is whether or not a non-compete clause was part of Art's contract with SiriusXM.  If so, we might not be hearing Art again for a looooooong time, if at all.

Oh man. I didn't even think of this; hopefully if it's a mutual decision to dissolve the contract, then an non-compete will also go away.

Fffffff I'm despondent. This is like a really bad breakup.