• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell Quits Dark Matter

Started by DesertFox, November 01, 2013, 08:13:24 AM

widespread1

Quote from: Seraphim27 on November 04, 2013, 05:47:58 PM
Just so you know what kind of a f*cking week I'm having - over the weekend my dad got in an accident that caused severe head trauma, which resulted in severe brain hemorrhaging. They've been trying to drain the blood, but meanwhile he's like . . . I don't know, a childlike vegetable now and they're warning us that the brain damage is probably going to be bad. So I've had a hellish past three days at the hospital.

The only thing that was keeping me sane, AS SAD AS IT SOUNDS, was the prospect of listening to tonight's show with you guys and taking my mind off all this tragic shit for a few hours.

AND NOW THIS.

SHEEEEZUS, I HAD A WEIRD FEELING HE WAS GOING TO FLAKE THE HELL OUT â€" ask Chine. She's the only one I was brave enough to confess that vibe to.  :(

YOU HAVE BROKEN MY HEART, ART. SERIOUSLY.

Good God, no wonder Gnoory changed his AV to a crown. He's probably throwing a BIG DAMN PIZZA ROLL PARTY right now.
Sorry about you dad, I hope it gets better.

indigoo

Quote from: Cynnie on November 04, 2013, 05:45:53 PM
Artbell website is still there ..i really think something is in the works

You seriously believe this? Come on, its' clear how professional Art is.

Art held the show hostage on Thursday after a mediocre-to-bad Spooky Matter and decided the best thing to do was to reward his loyal fans with another disappearing act.

I'll be surprised if we ever hear from Art again. He's probably already in the Philippines protecting his family.

FallenSeraph

Quote from: aldousburbank on November 04, 2013, 05:49:32 PM
Remote Hugging Seraphim

Thank you. I feel much better after that tantrum, actually. And I should try to get 24 pt. PIZZA ROLLS in more sentences in my life.

Chine

Quote from: jazmunda on November 04, 2013, 05:48:59 PM
This calls for an emergency session of the gabcast.

Perhaps gabcast can become daily? ;)

Yeah, thank goodness and also for Bateman's Dark Weekend.

Still hasn't fully sank in.

dortmunder

Quote from: aldousburbank on November 04, 2013, 05:39:00 PM
I hereby submit my request for emergency GabCast MV sir!  Any seconds to the motion?

I second that. Need something to listen to now.

Quote from: TumbleWeed on November 04, 2013, 05:46:26 PM
That would  be a horrible event.

It did teach me early on that you couldn't trust those bastards and their requests for box tops.

Cynnie

Quote from: coaster on November 04, 2013, 05:49:56 PM
Noory should realize that hes still am imbecile. He will always continue to suck, regardless of Art.

Yeah , art could shit on my sirius radio and i still aint going back to c2c

TumbleWeed

Quote from: Goodpumba on November 04, 2013, 05:48:19 PM
why has this happened again this cost me 400.00 for 28 shows.
not bad i guess it breaks down to $14.29 a show  >:( :o :

Wow, art only charges 100 times more than norry does.
That quality entertainent sure comes at a steep cost.

indigoo

Quote from: Seraphim27 on November 04, 2013, 05:52:47 PM
Thank you. I feel much better after that tantrum, actually. And I should try to get 24 pt. PIZZA ROLLS in more sentences in my life.

Hope your Dad recovers, definitely bad news on top of bad news.

Chine

Quote from: Seraphim27 on November 04, 2013, 05:52:47 PM
Very sorry to hear about your father.
DAMMIT...No Paglini show. And look who I found on the grass while at the park with the dogs.

AppealPlay

Quote from: TumbleWeed on November 04, 2013, 05:53:32 PM

Hell, at least Art's shows are in fact entertainment...as opposed to George Noory's bullshit "I really believe that..." and "That is so true..."

FallenSeraph

Quote from: Chine on November 04, 2013, 05:52:49 PM
Yeah, thank goodness and also for Bateman's Dark Weekend.

Still hasn't fully sank in.

Wait, when and where is Bateman's Dark Weekend? I need some Bateman-induced laughs.

DesertFox

Quote from: SaucyRossy on November 02, 2013, 02:41:12 PM
this thread is absurd

he is not quitting the show, he's back, he is having a blast, like the above poster said he just wants to make the show as big as it can be.

Sadly, NO...this thread is far from absurd.  I don't take much joy from that FACT.

How about Art does a pirate show from the Philippines?

With all those happy people.

FallenSeraph

Maybe Art will do a show tonight to attempt to explain???

Art_s Farts

Gnoory logged in about an hour ago

dortmunder

Quote from: Derpspiracy on November 04, 2013, 05:48:30 PM
Hey, guys. I don't want to get anyone's hopes up, but Mr. Derpspiracy just got off the line with Sirius customer support. Now, I know that sometimes the Sirius people are about as smart as a bowl of moldy bananas, but they assured him several times that Dark Matter is still airing.

Well, maybe his FB did get hacked. I'm gonna check in at 7 just in case.

McPhallus

Quote from: TumbleWeed on November 04, 2013, 05:53:32 PM

Especially considering the cost per minute.  Although many Noory minutes are little more than chirping crickets.

BTW, anyone know if there is any precedence for a famous radio host getting a much-hyped show only to quit after a month?  I can't think of any.

elbee

Thanks for the email heads up MV.

If I may say so, a really arrogant move Art.

You have ruined your radio career. No one will ever hire you now, because you can't be TRUSTED.

Maybe there were streaming issues... MAYBE. But the honest and normal way to address that is to talk it over, get some support, improve the stream.

But your not honest. You just wanted to make some sort of dig at premier and you used Sirius and YOUR (NO LONGER) FANS to do it.

MV does a better show anyway.....

The General

After all that in the first episode about being painted a "serial retiree."
FOR CHRIST'S SAKE ART?  WTF ARE YOU DOING?
FUCK

dortmunder

Quote from: Seraphim27 on November 04, 2013, 05:47:58 PM
Just so you know what kind of a f*cking week I'm having - over the weekend my dad got in an accident that caused severe head trauma, which resulted in severe brain hemorrhaging. They've been trying to drain the blood, but meanwhile he's like . . . I don't know, a childlike vegetable now and they're warning us that the brain damage is probably going to be bad. So I've had a hellish past three days at the hospital.

The only thing that was keeping me sane, AS SAD AS IT SOUNDS, was the prospect of listening to tonight's show with you guys and taking my mind off all this tragic shit for a few hours.

AND NOW THIS.

SHEEEEZUS, I HAD A WEIRD FEELING HE WAS GOING TO FLAKE THE HELL OUT â€" ask Chine. She's the only one I was brave enough to confess that vibe to.  :(

YOU HAVE BROKEN MY HEART, ART. SERIOUSLY.

Good God, no wonder Gnoory changed his AV to a crown. He's probably throwing a BIG DAMN PIZZA ROLL PARTY right now.

Hey, doctors don't always know everything. Sometimes they don't even know anything. Don't give up hope.

Quote from: dortmunder on November 04, 2013, 05:58:04 PM
Well, maybe his FB did get hacked. I'm gonna check in at 7 just in case.

He has a personal twitter account, the show has a twitter account and there is the show website. He could have given a heads up at any of them if there was a hack. He didn't get hacked. He lobbed his grenade and took off when it exploded.

aldousburbank

Slipstream, ancient member. Greetings!

indigoo

Quote from: The General on November 04, 2013, 05:59:19 PM
After all that in the first episode about being painted a "serial retiree."
FOR CHRIST'S SAKE ART?  WTF ARE YOU DOING?
FUCK

His explanation of all that didn't work for me anyway. He said nothing new. Turns out, he's a flake and a serial quitter. Ego the size of a planet because of us fans.

WhiteCrow

Quote from: widespread1 on November 04, 2013, 05:50:57 PM
Sorry about you dad, I hope it gets better.

I'm a skeptic of everything paranormal .... But I've witnessed miracles and will pray for your Father.

FallenSeraph

Hey thank you so much for the kind words, everybody. No need for any more of them â€" sorry â€" didn't want to detract attention from this topic or fish for condolences â€" just wanted to say this is the icing on the gawd-damn cake this week.

So Gnoory has logged in here recently? That's cool. C'MON IN AND GLOAT, GNOORY! We could use a punching bag right now! Think of it as your good deed for the day!  ;)

Quote from: Catsmile on November 04, 2013, 04:08:46 PM
To play out the assumtion a little more... I bet all the ladies* would love to know who shot him the mouth leaving his mind blown and dazed.

(* Using the term ladies loosely. Don't wanna sand and salt the butt butter of the gay police. )

God, I hate the internet sometimes.