• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

11angeleyes11

I don't have a tinfoil hat;I wear a tinfoil tierra. The aliens  refer to me as their princess.  The tinfoil tierra keeps the meanies away.   It is silver, and as you know, the price of silver continues to rise, just ask George. 

WOTR

Quote from: Vatar on December 22, 2011, 11:27:40 PM
I find that Tinfoil hats are a little out of style.  So I line real hats with tinfoil so that no one knows I'm not receiving secret alien messages.
NO!  NO!  You do not realize how dangerous that is!  I tried it once; believing that nobody would know I was shielded from mind control.  Suddenly, THEY gave the order to raise your hand toward the sky.  I was betrayed by my lack of action, captured and subjected to all sorts of tests to understand why I was immune to the mind control.  To THEM, it is similar to spies vs. uniformed soldiers.  If you wear the tinfoil openly, they allow some "grace."  If you line your hat and attempt to hide the fact that you are shielded, you will discover it is not worth it... the anal probes... oh, the anal probes!!!

Avi

Quote from: Vatar on December 22, 2011, 11:27:40 PM
I find that Tinfoil hats are a little out of style.  So I line real hats with tinfoil so that no one knows I'm not receiving secret alien messages.  I guess you could say I'm having my cake and eating it too.

Oh, Vatar. Why, oh why, do you have to be such a party-pooper? I'm trying to persuade Eddie to run away with me, and to get over his Chief fixation, but are you helping? Noooo!

BTW, this LMH stuff makes me think that no one is really manning the microphone at all. Could it be true?

Morgus

Quote from: Avi on December 23, 2011, 01:28:27 AMthis LMH stuff makes me think that no one is really manning the microphone at all. Could it be true?
thats why Noory has Linda Howe on every month, it allows him to goof off most of that night as he turns each segment over Linda and her taped interviews, while Noory sits back and nods off.  ;D

Avi

Quote from: Morgus on December 23, 2011, 01:36:18 AM
thats why Noory has Linda Howe on every month, it allows him to goof off most of that night as he turns each segment over Linda and her taped interviews, while Noory sits back and nods off.  ;D

So, George and Tommy are outside, smoking a Big Fattie? That'll keep the prostate under control. Forget turmeric!

Sardondi

Quote from: b_dubb on December 21, 2011, 05:00:24 PM

no one would know or care about ed dames had he not been a guest.  how many people were duped by that fraud?  and what about the Heaven's Gate people?  was Art responsible for the mass suicide? 

i don't know but it's an interesting question. i think Art was an enabler to a large extent.  especially with Dames and Hoaxland

You make an excellent case. I could even forgive Hoaxland, but Dames? Dames?! What.A.Fraud. Has he ever in the history of man, actually had a prediction turn out? I don't mean has he claimed a hit: he claims everything proves him accurate, the lying sack of ordure. But in fairness has anything really proved true? Because he's missed about three "killshots" by my count. but I hope he enjoys his survivalist sanctuary in the Ukraine with his mail-order wife.

And another thing: for Dames to have retired after, IIRC, well over 20 years of Army service and only have the rank of major, he had to have been a truly sad case. It's "up or out" there, where if you don't get promoted after a certain number of years, you are, uh, asked to leave. In essence you're fired for incompetence. I recall at one time having known the particulars of Dames's service, and I was able to work out that indeed he was involuntarily retired for "un-promotability". Seems about right.

Morgus

Linda Howe obviously had a special prepared statement at the end of this third hour tonight about 2012 and the mayans - but Noory just cut her off mid-sentence with one of his bland statements "something is definitely going on"  :(

valdez

So Linda Moulton Howe was wondering why we haven't gotten any cool pictures of that YU55 asteroid that shot by the earth recently, and instead of conjuring up some wacky conspiracy theory, she picks up the phone and calls up somebody at the Jet Propulsion Laboratory.  Huh?  Is it that easy?  Yeah, I guess so.  Shame on George for sitting around on his ass, entertaining all sorts of crap, and never bothering to talk to someone from NASA, or JPL, or Monsantos, or wherever.  For the record, the JPL guy was kind of cagey about the whole thing.  I thought James Mccanney's segment on some comet named "Lovejoy" (what a cool name for a comet)  that survived a a very close spin around the sun was interesting, but there weren't any pictures on his site about it.  Maybe there was, but his site is a friggin' mess.  I found one elsewhere.  George played a recorded testimonial from somebody named "Chris" about how great it is to be a "coast insider."  Chris said he likes to go back and listen to his favorite shows.  Chris' favorite show is "the one about human mutilations".  Chris is a friggin' psycho.  Way to go, George.

This handout image provided by NASA's Solar Dynamics Observatory, taken, Thursday, Dec. 15, 2011, shows the Comet Lovejoy leaving the sun's corona which is several million degrees. A small comet survived what astronomers figured would be a sure death when it danced uncomfortably close to the broiling sun Thursday night. Comet Lovejoy, which was only discovered a couple of weeks ago, was supposed to melt as it came so close to the sun that the temperatures around it would hit several million degrees. Astronomers had tracked 2,000 other sun-grazing comets make the same suicidal trip. None had ever survived.

Lovejoy

El Kragen

Quote from: Morgus on December 22, 2011, 03:49:25 PM
Strangely George seemed ready for each of the 3 one hour "secret door guest" interviews last night with prepared questions for each.
Almost like the guests were known in advance to him and not really a "secret" as he claimed?  8)

Has George ever gotten one of the guests wrong or not known at all?

El Kragen

Quote from: valdez on December 23, 2011, 06:40:43 AM
        So Linda Moulton Howe was wondering why we haven't gotten any cool pictures of that YU55 asteroid that shot by the earth recently, and instead of conjuring up some wacky conspiracy theory, she picks up the phone and calls up somebody at the Jet Propulsion Laboratory.  Huh?  Is it that easy?  Yeah, I guess so. 

Excellent.

All other C2C guests: "My sources on the inside tell me...", "I have high ranking military offices calling me..."

LMH: "OK, this is Bob Smith. He works for JPL. This is what he said." **presses play**

Vatar

Quote from: Avi on December 23, 2011, 01:28:27 AM
Oh, Vatar. Why, oh why, do you have to be such a party-pooper? I'm trying to persuade Eddie to run away with me, and to get over his Chief fixation, but are you helping? Noooo!

Eddie the lust Avi shares with you is unparalleled you both deserve a nice quiet life in some South American country sipping sangria and acting on your homoerotic fantasies.

Better?

Lovely Bones

Miscellany from the first 30 minutes of the show last night (before I gave up):

1.  Snoory talking about 12 million somethings being recalled.  Says Simple George to guest: "Twelve million.  That's a lot, huh?" 

(Somehow it always strikes me George would make a great lowest level local news reporter, the kind who does the weekend and holiday stints in the smallest markets and interviews the owners of burned down houses or parents of murdered children:

"So tell me how hard it was to see your house with all your belongings and your beloved dog Sparky burn up. . . .")

2.  Simple George talking about something that happened in Rhode Island, which he insisted on pronouncing
RO DIAL IN. 

The first time, I thought it was a slip of the tongue.  The second time? 

Quote from: valdez on December 23, 2011, 06:40:43 AM
...  George played a recorded testimonial from somebody named "Chris" about how great it is to be a "coast insider."  Chris said he likes to go back and listen to his favorite shows.  Chris' favorite show is "the one about human mutilations".  Chris is a friggin' psycho...

Coincidentially, that's also George's favorite show..

BobGrau

Quote from: Sardondi on December 23, 2011, 02:57:55 AM
You make an excellent case. I could even forgive Hoaxland, but Dames? Dames?! What.A.Fraud. Has he ever in the history of man, actually had a prediction turn out? I don't mean has he claimed a hit: he claims everything proves him accurate, the lying sack of ordure. But in fairness has anything really proved true? Because he's missed about three "killshots" by my count. but I hope he enjoys his survivalist sanctuary in the Ukraine with his mail-order wife.

And another thing: for Dames to have retired after, IIRC, well over 20 years of Army service and only have the rank of major, he had to have been a truly sad case. It's "up or out" there, where if you don't get promoted after a certain number of years, you are, uh, asked to leave. In essence you're fired for incompetence. I recall at one time having known the particulars of Dames's service, and I was able to work out that indeed he was involuntarily retired for "un-promotability". Seems about right.

To be fair, Ed's very first prediction "If I talk a load of nonsense in a confident, military/hippy voice, weird people will pay" seems to be getting truer and truer all the time.

I'd have to say good luck to him if he can get away with it, but for me the ethical iffyness of such a lifestyle would leave a bad taste in the mouth. Hot wife though.

fysisist

Quote from: Lovely Bones on December 23, 2011, 10:42:41 AM
Miscellany from the first 30 minutes of the show last night (before I gave up):

1.  Snoory talking about 12 million somethings being recalled.  Says Simple George to guest: "Twelve million.  That's a lot, huh?" 

12 million is a lot.  If, like Noory, you only have 12 million brain cells, then this would be all you could think about at one time.

b_dubb

i believe peanuts have been known to have more sophisticated neural nets than george's "brain"

Quote from: aldousburbank on December 22, 2011, 10:08:48 AM
It's been so damn long...

Back in Tucson for Hippie Hanukkah/Quanza/Boxer Day.  Just wanted to say, after 6 months of holding it in, George Noory Sucks Supremely! 

Missed you all like $10 sacks of herb.  Thanks ahead of time for all the laughs I'm about to enjoy from catching up on all you all's nutty posts! Merry Christmas and many prosperous new years!

AB

Aldous!!  Great to hear from you again!  :)  BIG WELCOME BACK!
Guess What!  George Noory STILL SUCKS!

Morgus

Noory just rambled on about his history as host of c2c and at the beginning he had said he would retire on Dec 21, 2012.
But he changed his mind as this date got closer, and now he has no planned retirement date.
The only thing that could stop him might be if the earth does get hit by the solar killshot on Dec 21, 2012 and kills all electrical power and radio...  8)

Quote from: Towi on December 23, 2011, 02:57:09 PM
An early clue to the new direction?

http://fauxcapitalist.com/2011/11/20/erskine-of-erskine-overnight-says-he-was-offered-fame-and-fortune-by-hosting-a-clear-channel-program-that-sounds-a-lot-like-coast-to-coast-am-so-long-as-he-didnt-talk-about-conspiracy-stuff-li/

Of course everyone in the mainstream media agrees to play by certain rules in exchange for their fame and relatively large salaries.  To cite an obvious example: one cannot mention race in anything but a PC manner.  Sure if people were talking about race all the time it would get repetitious and rancorous fast and I wouldn’t listen to it myself.  But this is not why it is a taboo subject.

Morgus

As expected, Noory again tonight goofs off in the last hour.
This time he is playing old pre-recorded readings by Lionel Fanthorpe.

Really bad show tonight Dec 23, 2011.

They really are pressing the Noory as a "virtual friend" aspect.
No content, lots of comforting.

WOTR

Could it be that he is getting worse as time progresses?  I tuned him out after the first few minutes.  Shortly after he told the audience that he wan't going to do a "feel good" Christmas show as Coast is "edgy."  He told us how he would ensure the promise that he made 9 years ago would always hold true and there would be live shows every holiday (didn't Art start that... I don't recall ever having listened to reruns during Art's tenure, though I may be wrong.)

George also pretty much confirmed that Ian will be winding down his time with Coast over the year. 

I turned on a CD of the vinyl cafe's Christmas specials (unless you are Canadian you will likely miss the reference.)  Anyhow, I hit the radio a few times and heard three (or more callers) offer their condolences to George.  I heard George talk over his callers, cutting them off so he could offer his interpretation of what they wanted to say and a number of other things that a good host would never allow to happen.

Oh well, Merry Christmas all.

valdez

Quote from: Morgus on December 24, 2011, 03:18:09 AM
As expected, Noory again tonight goofs off in the last hour...playing old pre-recorded readings by Lionel Fanthorpe.
Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on December 24, 2011, 03:40:29 AM
Really bad show tonight...

Maybe just "regular bad."  I liked Varla Ventura.  She seemed smart and sounded kind of hot.  During open lines George said he could get a PhD with all the knowledge he's gotten over the years doing the show.  Whatever.  He also played that archangel Micheal piece, about the soldier.  I don't mind that one so much. 

11angeleyes11

Quote from: valdez on December 24, 2011, 05:54:35 AM

Maybe just "regular bad."  I liked Varla Ventura.  She seemed smart and sounded kind of hot.  During open lines George said he could get a PhD with all the knowledge he's gotten over the years doing the show.  Whatever.  He also played that archangel Micheal piece, about the soldier.  I don't mind that one so much.
Did you hear the archangel Michael piece in comparison to what it was a few years ago.  Either he found a new presentation of it or it was remixed.  It was not scratchy like I remember it being.  No UFO Phil last night.  Thanks Michael.

Merry Christmas to you, too, George. 

It was a bad show... but most insulting was how George said Ian will be on News years eve with "his" annual predictions show.
I know whitewashing years of Art Bell history is happening, but it would be nice to say "the" annual instead of giving it a possession.

Not that most of the "millions" of listeners would even know, I guess..

I believe Noory shaves his balls and jacks off with a shopvac for penile enhancement. Prick  >:(

Sardondi

Quote from: HorrorReporter on December 24, 2011, 09:13:43 AM
It was a bad show... but most insulting was how George said Ian will be on News years eve with "his" annual predictions show.
I know whitewashing years of Art Bell history is happening, but it would be nice to say "the" annual instead of giving it a possession.

Not that most of the "millions" of listeners would even know, I guess..
I've noticed the same thing: no mention of Art Bell, that I've noticed, in ages. He's slowly being put down the memory hole. It seems ungrateful to me, particularly when George starts tooting his own horn about what is "his".

Of course, I guess George feels like it is his show now, and he shouldn't have to keep kow-towing to Art Bell. Except that he should at least occasionally mention the fact that he, a mid-level regional radio host, was rescued from permanent obscurity and tossed into a million-dollar money pit by Art Bell. Because there is no way in hell CTC could have been built into the giant it is by Simple George.

Yes, Art had his own blind spots: Richard "The NASA Megalomaniac" Hoagland, Major Fraud Dames, and any woman who worked "white witch" into her bio, but Art didn't have an audience of millions handed to him. He built it with 20 years of his own sweat and brilliance. And in that time Art never got caught napping, never re-asked a question or asked something the guest just spoke about - which Simple George does almost nightly. Art was always engaged, with brilliant, incisive questions, often knowing more about a subject than his guest.

And I am so, so sorry that Art is really retired, and Simple George is what we have to look forward to for years. 

El Kragen

George was killing me with his scary Christmas story last night. Of course it had nothing to do with what they were talking about. And what is his fixation with children being killed and/or killed in front of their parents? Me thinks he's got some childhood and parenting issues to clear up.

The guest was explaining why she thought these types of Christmas stories were created.

Guest: I think if you want your kids to be good, what better what to keep them in line...

George: Oh my. Well listen to mine. A kid opens up a hhhuuuuuge box for Christmas and it's a jack-in-the-box. A hhhuuuge jack-in-the-box. He opens it up, the thing pops out and grabs the kid and brings him into the box and the lid closes. Now that's kind of scary, isn't it?

Guest: oh that's terrifying...

George: That would be horrible!

George: I mean how'd ya like to be the parent there. You get a kid a jack-in-the-box it pulls him in the box and you never see him again!