• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

Harmness

Never, never leave your children alone with someone who calls himself "Coach Bob."

VtaGeezer

The shameful part of all this is that as Noory gets more banal and irrelevant, he seems to gain more affiliates.  Lots of lonely poor souls out there, I guess. At our house, we're now going to bed with the radio OFF for the first time since Larry King was "the" night-time radio guy.  Cancelling the C2C subscription too.  Maybe one show a month is interesting any more, and that will probably be a Knapp show.  Punnett's leaving is a major blow.  Wells seems to be more talker than thinker.  In a few years, this smarmy clown Noory has negated 15 years of Art Bell's legacy and reduced C2C into a tawdry platform for con artists to scam the vulnerable. 

b_dubb

Quote from: Paper*Boy on December 21, 2011, 03:12:20 AM
Does that make him personally liable to people that fall victim to the hucksters he puts on the air?

no one would know or care about ed dames had he not been a guest.  how many people were duped by that fraud?  and what about the Heaven's Gate people?  was Art responsible for the mass suicide? 

i don't know but it's an interesting question. i think Art was an enabler to a large extent.  especially with Dames and Hoaxland

Quote from: Morgus on December 21, 2011, 03:36:39 AM
nah, George has never made such a claim, only Art Bell did.
thats why there are so many hoaxters nowadays on c2c...

Actually, George DID say this. I've heard it a few times, although not so much recently (maybe because I don't listen as often) He wanted everyone to know that ALL his sponsors are screened by him. He doesn't just let ANYONE advertise on his show........that's HIS PROMISE.

;)

fysisist

Quote from: TaoOfLuxLisbon on December 21, 2011, 05:15:52 PM
Actually, George DID say this. I've heard it a few times, although not so much recently (maybe because I don't listen as often) He wanted everyone to know that ALL his sponsors are screened by him. He doesn't just let ANYONE advertise on his show........that's HIS PROMISE.

;)

Exactly, only those with the biggest kick-backs get on. 

And what happened with P-90X?  George still looks like the out of shape, dumpy turd that he always was.  I guess P-90X didn't grease the Noory palm sufficiently.  Georgie, you suck more and harder than anybody, you putz.

Morgus

Quote from: TaoOfLuxLisbon on December 21, 2011, 05:15:52 PMHe doesn't just let ANYONE advertise on his show........that's HIS PROMISE.
by that Noory must just mean he only lets those advertisers that offer him kickbacks are the ones he allows?  8)

b_dubb

Quote from: George Nooroni don't let any sponsors on the show till i screen them first.  cause they have to pay Poppa George before i'll bother trying to learn how to pronounce their name

11angeleyes11

Quote from: fysisist on December 21, 2011, 05:33:24 PM
Exactly, only those with the biggest kick-backs get on. 

And what happened with P-90X?  George still looks like the out of shape, dumpy turd that he always was.  I guess P-90X didn't grease the Noory palm sufficiently.  Georgie, you suck more and harder than anybody, you putz.
That is the next entertainment venue to conquer.  George does workout vidoes.  Check Youtube soon.

michio

Quote from: valdez on December 21, 2011, 05:29:47 AM

George went to his filing cabnet, pulled out his index cards marked "angels," and proceeded into la-la land, asking questions about his own book, not knowing what gargoyles and cherubs were, and asking this gem: "people pray for miracles...I assume...right?"  Huh?  Does George not know this?  Is he a visitor from another planet, unfamiliar with our customs?  Kafka?  Yeah, with a big heap of Twilight Zone on the side, scattered and smothered.

He was asking those banal questions for the hard of thinking club, of which George is a lifetime member. Is he an alien?  Shape shifting Reptoid is all I'm saying.

Morgus

Eegads, athiest amateur astronomer Bill from West Hartford called in yet again in the first hour of c2 tonight.
He revealed he has had OCD since his teens and that prevented him from getting a college degree to become a pHD astronomer.
So instead he dedicated his life to calling into radio shows starting with Larry King's show in the 70s and nowadays on c2c.
Thats his whole life, just calling into radio talk shows, no wonder he can't get a date or a girlfriend...  :P

Morgus

The first secret door guest tonight is a researcher in reptilian creatures and he reminded a caller talking about Star Trek about an early episode where Kirk had a battle with a "Gorn" which was a reptilian alien:

WOTR

I made it through less than 5 minutes of Clint Arthur.  I tuned in part way through and had to run for the porcelain throne to purge.  Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse they hit a new low with another new age guru spouting recycled junk.

Has George had any guest on who has not been selling snake oil of some type in the last month?  A book, a program, curse removal, a personalized horoscope, a membership website... it seems the only people who make it into coast now are those with a program for sale.  At least my regular radio programs warm me that "the following is a paid advertisement"; George seems to present it as an actual radio program.

Quote from: WOTR on December 22, 2011, 03:07:18 AM
I made it through less than 5 minutes of Clint Arthur.  I tuned in part way through and had to run for the porcelain throne to purge.  Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse they hit a new low with another new age guru spouting recycled junk.

Has George had any guest on who has not been selling snake oil of some type in the last month?  A book, a program, curse removal, a personalized horoscope, a membership website... it seems the only people who make it into coast now are those with a program for sale.  At least my regular radio programs warm me that "the following is a paid advertisement"; George seems to present it as an actual radio program.

Friday he has Nick Ginzu, inventor of Ginzu knives, followed by open lines..

Morgus

At least the final secret door guest in the last hour tonight (John Hogue) had a good entrance - doing a Darth Vader impression talking to Noory like he was a young Luke Skywalker.  ;D
Nostradamus expert Hogue referenced the replay of an old interview he had with Art Bell last weekend from before 2000.
He has been a frequent c2c guest for many years, especially around the new year as one of the predictors for the upcoming year.

valdez

Quote from: Morgus on December 22, 2011, 01:04:31 AM
Eegads, athiest amateur astronomer Bill from West Hartford called in yet again in the first hour of c2 tonight...

I was surprised how many people called in during Clint Arthur's segment who didn't "get it."  He was just using the 2012/end of the world thing to underline his last year on earth concept.  He's an intense guy.  All of the "secret door" guest:, John Rhodes, Lauren Weinstein, and even John Hogue, who normally gets on my nerves, were ok.  Even George wasn't so bad.  I suppose not knowing who was going to be on lowered his ability to screw things up.  That "Bill" guy is creepy.

Lovely Bones

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on December 21, 2011, 12:18:04 PM
    St Elsewhere-type would be cool too....the entire existence of Noory being the figment of an autistic child's imagination.

An appeal to my St. Elsewhere love--that one's even better than Art coming out of the shower! 

Lovely Bones

Quote from: Harmness on December 21, 2011, 03:29:51 PM
Never, never leave your children alone with someone who calls himself "Coach Bob."

Yeah.  We learned that with Coach Jerry. 

aldousburbank

It's been so damn long...

Back in Tucson for Hippie Hanukkah/Quanza/Boxer Day.  Just wanted to say, after 6 months of holding it in, George Noory Sucks Supremely! 

Working in The Golden State these past 6 months has left me with few hours to doze off to snoory, and yet this overriding question still floats to the top of my 60's era grey matter: How in the hell can stuff be so backwards as to have the worst interviewer ever, hosting the most potentially interesting radio show ever?  To my particular way of viewing things, this is just another sign that our world is bass-ackwards my friends, all Kali Yuga-like, the closing of the age of reason... and hopefully the dawn of the psychozoic age of art and mind, and a manifestation of all this magical stuff that freakin' George Asshat likes to titillate like the nips on his blow-up,lover doll. Enough of the what ifs and maybes and what do you thinks- This is a magical universe- let's do this thing!

Missed you all like $10 sacks of herb.  Thanks ahead of time for all the laughs I'm about to enjoy from catching up on all you all's nutty posts! Merry Christmas and many prosperous new years!

AB

El Kragen

With George it's one extreme or another. We get on his case cause the majority of the stuff on C2C is lame DOOM & GLOOM. When he and his crack team of monkeys producers try to swing it the other way we get crap like "Coach Bob". The positivity and "good for you" stuff is so fake and cheesy it comes off like it's early Sunday morning radio - 30 minute infomercials.

George can't win and it's got nothing to do with the audience.

Vatar

I thought it the Clint Arthur's interview was hilarious.  What a load of New Age crap.  Clint's dribbling was only trumped by Noory's incessant qualification that the world was not going to end in 2012 and you shouldn't drain your 401K and go gambling Las Vegas.

Oh and what was the death ritual malarkey I have a feeling that this nut job is going to make the news.

stevesh

Quote from: aldousburbank on December 22, 2011, 10:08:48 AM
How in the hell can stuff be so backwards as to have the worst interviewer ever, hosting the most potentially interesting radio show ever? 

Excellent. That's exactly why we're all here. George Noory does indeed suck, but I think this thread (and maybe this forum) exists because of the incredible gulf between what C2C is and what it should be.

Most radio talk show hosts suck, but very few do long-form interviews, so their suckage isn't as annoying. C2C could be the most entertaining thing on radio (maybe in the media) but for the incompetence of its regular host and production staff.

Morgus

Strangely George seemed ready for each of the 3 one hour "secret door guest" interviews last night with prepared questions for each.
Almost like the guests were known in advance to him and not really a "secret" as he claimed?  8)

Quote from: Morgus on December 22, 2011, 03:49:25 PM
Strangely George seemed ready for each of the 3 one hour "secret door guest" interviews last night with prepared questions for each.
Almost like the guests were known in advance to him and not really a "secret" as he claimed?  8)

Oh come on. It was his usual "How urrrrr yewwww?" level of questions. "What's new in the world of cryptozoology?". Worst case scenario, he has a file cabinet next to him that he just digs out the file on the guest while he's telling them how great their fake voice was.

fabucat

George is getting so bad it's comic.  The reason that I'm posting less is that I've accepted the fact of Jorch.  The famous economist Nourial Roubini (aka Dr. Doom), who predicted the 2008 crash, now predicted correctly that the price of gold would fall.  Accordingly, George is now hawking silver.  He even made a really corny pun for his silver commercial. 

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: fabucat on December 22, 2011, 09:41:54 PM
George is getting so bad it's comic.  The reason that I'm posting less is that I've accepted the fact of Jorch.  The famous economist Nourial Roubini (aka Dr. Doom), who predicted the 2008 crash, now predicted correctly that the price of gold would fall.  Accordingly, George is now hawking silver.  He even made a really corny pun for his silver commercial.
The precious metal that most C2C listeners are involved with is aluminum...as in picking cans from the garbage and with a little luck, some nights getting up to $7 bucks  at the redemption center.

Avi

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on December 22, 2011, 09:59:21 PM
          The precious metal that most C2C listeners are involved with is aluminum...as in picking cans from the garbage and with a little luck, some nights getting up to $7 bucks  at the redemption center.

No, say it isn't true! The coast audience is recycling its tin foil hats? Surely not.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Avi on December 22, 2011, 10:11:53 PM
No, say it isn't true! The coast audience is recycling its tin foil hats? Surely not.
The aluminum hats are required couture amongst that lot,so it could be a dilemmatic situation for some of them. My tin foil hat picks up some fine Bulgarian folk music...

Avi

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on December 22, 2011, 10:47:28 PM
     The aluminum hats are required couture amongst that lot,so it could be a dilemmatic situation for some of them. My tin foil hat picks up some fine Bulgarian folk music...

Oh, leave Michael and run away with me, Eddie! I love Bulgarian folk music!

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Avi on December 22, 2011, 11:07:15 PM
Oh, leave Michael and run away with me, Eddie! I love Bulgarian folk music!
If I can ever get a furlough, or if Chief can smash that hydrotherapy machine through the window...

Vatar

I find that Tinfoil hats are a little out of style.  So I line real hats with tinfoil so that no one knows I'm not receiving secret alien messages.  I guess you could say I'm having my cake and eating it too.