• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

Ben Shockley

Quote from: 11angeleyes11 on January 07, 2012, 04:12:36 PM
You are spot on!  And further more, not only is there a "hater" file, they have furnished him with the newest in e-mail response systems, "hater" bots.  He does not even answer those e-mail.  The  "hater" bots do it for him.  That is what you get when you are the second most listened to radio program in the universe, and the number one at nite. 

I like that Number 2 if by day, and Number one if by night.  You the audience rate it correct and right. 

The call of the Noory revolution:  Number 2 if by Day!
                                               Number 1 if by Night!
Were any of you folks regulars in the old GLP "Original George Noory Sucks Thread" ?
There was a pro-Noory poster there who for a time ended all posts with the words "Love Don't Hate" and became known as "the LDH troll."
I think the poster I just quoted is in that vein....

b_dubb

Quote from: Nebraska888 on January 08, 2012, 03:14:39 AM
John B. Wells is rockin' the house!  He's good......and, even though I like Ian......John is doing just fine.  I also look forward to hearing Ian tomorrow night.  Let us all hope that John can take Coast over, sooner rather than later, for more and more evenings.
john b wells is more noory than noory.  in other words ... he sucks.  also .... noory sucks

Ben Shockley

Quote from: b_dubb on January 08, 2012, 07:44:43 AM
john b wells is more noory than noory.  in other words ... he sucks.  also .... noory sucks
I disagree.  I may have some issues with Wells, and I may eventually dump any hope for him...BUT: "Noory" he ain't.  At least he actually converses with guests, stilted though it may be ~~

Quote from: b_dubb on January 07, 2012, 06:12:00 PM
That Noory says he's all about "the truth" and then let quacks run their mouths about how cancer patients should shun conventional treatment makes me very angry. I want to see this asshole go to jail

This is my biggest complaint about the modern day Coast. Noory does not couch the show in terms of entertainment or an exploration of strange topics. He outright says that he is looking for the truth, which is a different thing altogether. It seems Noory wouldn't accept this even if it was staring him in the face at the possibility of upsetting one of his nutjob guests.

What did Noory do last week? He must've fucked up bad cuz I see new members in droves   :D

BobGrau

Quote from: General Johnson Jameson on January 08, 2012, 03:23:17 PM
What did Noory do last week? He must've fucked up bad cuz I see new members in droves   :D

I think it might be the new stream... y'know, the ART BELL one.
Funny how I'd rather listen to a 15 year old show with Art about stuff that's no longer relevant than 5 mins of... actually I'm not even going to say his name.

oracle

The problem with Coast isn't just George. The guest selection (which I don't think George has anything to do with) and is sub-par and the call screeners only let through people who have nothing interesting to say.

astroguy

Quote from: oracle on January 08, 2012, 08:23:46 PM
The problem with Coast isn't just George. The guest selection (which I don't think George has anything to do with) and is sub-par and the call screeners only let through people who have nothing interesting to say.
I once heard George state that the producers select the guests, but that he talks with them every week and has to okay them.  So he's at least sort of involved in the process and cannot be held blameless.

VtaGeezer

Quote from: Ben Shockley on January 08, 2012, 06:46:47 AM
IF he can keep his right-wing politics and fundie religion under control.  He alluded last night a couple of times to "getting in trouble" and needing to keep certain things quiet ~~ I think some listeners rang his chimes last week or 2 weeks ago when he was basically aiding and abetting Steve Quayle.
I agree. I'll add that I hope he stops trying to be so profound with his similes.  He sounds like he was held prisoner in 60s coffee hopuse.  I was one of the "chimers" when Wells let Quayle run amuk last week...I Fast Blasted a couple times that some people actually tune in because of the announced topics, not to be harangued by a fringe right crank.

El Kragen

Quote from: astroguy on January 08, 2012, 11:31:28 PM
I once heard George state that the producers select the guests, but that he talks with them every week and has to okay them.  So he's at least sort of involved in the process and cannot be held blameless.

I remember George announcing to the audience, quite proudly, that he knows nothing about the guests prior to starting the show: "When you hear'em I hear'em"

That of course is in conflict with his "hardest working man in radio" / 8 hours of show prep BS he and his producers try to promote. 

Quote from: astroguy on January 08, 2012, 11:31:28 PM

Unlike TV and film where the producer is the top boss, the person starting out with cash and an idea, selecting the director, actors, etc, in radio aren't the producers the people working for the host - doing the legwork, keeping all the electronics plugged in during the show, etc? 

Let's see, what are some possibilities here:

1)  Lazy George has delegated everything except reading cue cards during the show, and doesn't mind lying about it if he can avoid responsibility for the whole thing and get a pass for boring topics and lousy guests.

2)  George is claiming he's just another flunky - the on-air talking-head so-called 'talent' - and PremRat doesn't trust him with their show. The health care frauds and all the rest are someone else's idea and George doesn't like having these phonies on either.  So Lisa is the real boss of Coast to Coast?  And Producer Tom sure seems subservient when they chat on air.  Or as the butt of George's stories.  Maybe that's just schtick and Tommy's just having fun with George while keeping him on a short leash?  Actually, maybe Lisa is the real boss - we never hear George demeaning her as he does with other women and other staff.

3)  Tommy and Lisa never told the Nooron he's actually the boss.

Lovely Bones

Quote from: oracle on January 08, 2012, 08:23:46 PM

If Noory has nothing to do with guest selection and the call screeners only let through people who have nothing interesting to say, then how come there's always such a marked difference between a NOORY show and those with Ian or Knapp at the mic?

Ian and Knapp don't interview the "cancer is a fungus" crowd.   And the callers to those shows have IQ's at least 40-100 points higher than those who call in to the Noron. 

JohnnieB

One thing (among many) that kills me about Noory is his constant claim to having conducted extensive and thorough UFO research on his own (ha!) yet never brings to the table any of his garnered information - only alludes to it. Yeah, right.

I love it when the guest zings George with a subtle insult/jab. I don't recall the guest's name (it was a male), but I clearly recall the zinger directed at George. During the course of the interview, somehow the late famed NYC based psychic Long John Nebel came into the conversation. Long John Nebel hosted a very popular radio show in New York City during the 50's and 60's, focusing on paranormal topics. The guest made it clear he thought George was an insecure, vapid man when he stated on-air (not the exact words, but very close):

Guest: "And you know, George, the thing about Long John Nebel was the fact that, besides his   
           great psychic gifts, he was also a very insecure man."

George: "How so?"

Guest: "As the host of his radio program in New York, he was very fearful of taking even one night
           off, not going on-air. You see, Long John was paranoid about the fact that any guest host
           who replaced him for the program would be far better than he, and Long John simply
           couldn't handle that at all. Call it insecurity or vanity. He simply couldn't handle another
           host stealing his program."

DEAD AIR

George: "Let's go to the phones!"

I remember laughing my head off and congratulating this guest for shooting that arrow and scoring a direct hit. Anyone else recall a guest who zinged George on-air?

JohnnieB

El Kragen wrote: "I remember George announcing to the audience, quite proudly, that he knows nothing about the guests prior to starting the show: "When you hear'em I hear'em"

No, George, when we hear em', you don't hear' em'. You're too busy googling on your computer or reading the inane fast-blasts from some buttf**k in Indiana or Idaho (east of the Rockies!).

Ben Shockley

Quote from: El Kragen on January 09, 2012, 07:51:42 AM
I remember George announcing to the audience, quite proudly, that he knows nothing about the guests prior to starting the show: "When you hear'em I hear'em"
That of course is in conflict with his "hardest working man in radio" / 8 hours of show prep BS he and his producers try to promote.
Ol' Derivative Georgie is probably trying to emulate Larry King, who was famous for his schtick of "trying to ask questions that regular people would ask" and -- I think I heard or read -- purposely not doing guest prep so he could actually be naive and amazed.

There's a big problem here though.  When you're talking to someone that everyone knows, about their latest movie that probably 1/3 of Americans will eventually see... yeah, you can do the "ignorant" schtick.  After all, everyone knows what a "new movie" is and know where to see it.  Same when you're talking to some media icon from decades ago-- everyone knows them.

But Noory of course mangles the premise.  Talking to people about "hyperdimensional physics" or the posited science behind crop circles or pyramid construction or the likelihood of a massive volcano eruption in Indonesia being the real story of Atlantis --and whatever else should be the subject matter of "Coast" ~~ you can't approach this with just a "how are yeew?" and "what got you interested in ...?"  That works with well-known superficial topics, not with subjects that require deep analysis.

As for "8 hours of show prep" each day,  he's lying.  Simple as that.  Noory knows nothing and shows that he cares nothing about most of the guests and topics -- other than "alternative health" and even there he is mostly reciting hack ideas.  I'm sure he does something before going on air; my guess (which I know is an opinion shared by a growing number of folks) is that he's mooching for some TV gig. By "show prep" maybe he means "trying to prep a TV show."
On that ~  his absolute nose-dive into suckage these last few years probably indicate that he thinks "hey, I've done my ticket-punching time on this gwosh-dwarn radio shauw.  Give me my TV show alratty!"

Wild Card Guy

Quote from: JohnnieB on January 09, 2012, 09:54:08 AM
One thing (among many) that kills me about Noory is his constant claim to having conducted extensive and thorough UFO research on his own (ha!) yet never brings to the table any of his garnered information - only alludes to it. Yeah, right.

I love it when the guest zings George with a subtle insult/jab. I don't recall the guest's name (it was a male), but I clearly recall the zinger directed at George. During the course of the interview, somehow the late famed NYC based psychic Long John Nebel came into the conversation. Long John Nebel hosted a very popular radio show in New York City during the 50's and 60's, focusing on paranormal topics. The guest made it clear he thought George was an insecure, vapid man when he stated on-air (not the exact words, but very close):

Guest: "And you know, George, the thing about Long John Nebel was the fact that, besides his   
           great psychic gifts, he was also a very insecure man."

George: "How so?"

Guest: "As the host of his radio program in New York, he was very fearful of taking even one night
           off, not going on-air. You see, Long John was paranoid about the fact that any guest host
           who replaced him for the program would be far better than he, and Long John simply
           couldn't handle that at all. Call it insecurity or vanity. He simply couldn't handle another
           host stealing his program."

DEAD AIR

George: "Let's go to the phones!"

I remember laughing my head off and congratulating this guest for shooting that arrow and scoring a direct hit. Anyone else recall a guest who zinged George on-air?

LOL! I also remember this - it was absolutely hilarious. It was a couple of years ago, I think. I also can't remember the guest's name.

But you know, we can't lay the blame squarely on Noory's incredibly inept shoulders. Producers Tom and Lisa have proven themselves to be the numero uno jackasses of the talk radio industry. They're apathetic cyborgs who clearly are going along for the ride, not giving a rat's ass about the show. To them, it's all form with no substance. Just filler. I remember when the Canadian guy, Richard Syrett, guest hosted the show a year ago. He was brilliant, articulate, and spot-on with his questions and observations. And guess what? The guy was so good, he's never been asked back to guest host, so there's truth to the guest's statement about George being like Long John (totally insecure).

fysisist

I think he is angling to leverage his brief appearances on Ancient Aliens into a regular gig as some type of host for that show or some other myth based platform for unsubstantiated paranormal BS.  There is no way he could cut it on a show that is based on evidence and fact since he seems to utterly lack any critical thinking ability. 

As for P90X, there is no way that the word "ripped" and the name Noory should be in the same paragraph, let alone the same sentence.  Unless, of course, it is in reference to how he ripped off C2C from AB.

Sardondi

Quote from: El Kragen on January 09, 2012, 07:51:42 AM

Show prep? Noory? "Show prep" for Noory is seeing the guest's name 5 seconds before the red light goes on. "Extensive show prep" is trying to pronounce it once before the show.

And as for the reason for guest hosts, other than to stand in for Ian, I think ehat we're seeing is that Simple George is feeling pretty good about things, and he thinks he can afford to take things a little easier.

fysisist

Quote from: Wild Card Guy on January 09, 2012, 01:51:30 PM
But you know, we can't lay the blame squarely on Noory's incredibly inept shoulders. Producers Tom and Lisa have proven themselves to be the numero uno jackasses of the talk radio industry. They're apathetic cyborgs who clearly are going along for the ride, not giving a rat's ass about the show. To them, it's all form with no substance. Just filler. I remember when the Canadian guy, Richard Syrett, guest hosted the show a year ago. He was brilliant, articulate, and spot-on with his questions and observations. And guess what? The guy was so good, he's never been asked back to guest host, so there's truth to the guest's statement about George being like Long John (totally insecure).

Which is why I'm amazed that Knapp is still on every month or so.  But of course, Knapp always pays homage to Noory, which always sounds very insincere to me.  There is no way that Knapp can't see that Noory is a fool and an incompetent jackass.  But in a public forum, I have to say nice things about my boss and co-workers, also, so I can sympathize.

Sardondi

Quote from: fysisist on January 09, 2012, 02:02:58 PM
Which is why I'm amazed that Knapp is still on every month or so.  But of course, Knapp always pays homage to Noory, which always sounds very insincere to me.  There is no way that Knapp can't see that Noory is a fool and an incompetent jackass.  But in a public forum, I have to say nice things about my boss and co-workers, also, so I can sympathize.

I'm sure Knapp just cringes to listen to Noory. But Knapp is a consummate professional, and appears to be an adult as well. It seems to me he's about doing his job as well as he can, and tries to stay above personalities, pettiness and backbiting.

The interesting thing is George doesn't care in the slightest, and he continues to just get worse. 

It's really astonishing.

Wild Card Guy

I'd love to be a fly on the wall inside the sound booth at that studio, listening to what the guys (or gals) who work the show really think of Snoory. One night, one of the bumper music selections was 'Thick as a Brick', and I went...hmmm, wonder if the crew were trying to get a perhaps not so subliminal message out.  ;D

JohnnieB

I remember the night Richard Syrett hosted, and yes he was very good. I was suitably impressed.

I for one hate the insipid lead-in news stories on each show. They should really can the intro news segment and go straight to the topic. Besides, George's "reading" of the "news" makes Ted Baxter from the Mary Tyler Moore Show sound like Peter Jennings. And of course, George's little comment after reading each news story..."Isn't that something?" "Well, it just goes to show you, ya just never know!", "Unbelievable!". "I hope that little kid is, you know, gonna be okay!"

That last one is from the horrible and morbid "news stories" George loved to tell about severely injured or dead children. And he just loved to provide the gruesome details of the accidents. Good God. Thankfully someone canned those charming news items from being read.

So what ever came of that cockamamey bullshit Hoagland was saying about the Moon having engines?
Couple months back it was another Hale-Bopp ufo trailer thing. It never materializes nor ends...why?

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: General Johnson Jameson on January 09, 2012, 08:17:28 PM
So what ever came of that cockamamey bullshit Hoagland was saying about the Moon having engines?
Couple months back it was another Hale-Bopp ufo trailer thing. It never materializes nor ends...why?

Sadly, no mass suicide followed this hoax.

astroguy

Quote from: General Johnson Jameson on January 09, 2012, 08:17:28 PM
What I want to know is if Hoagland has any credibility any more even among some of the people who say they believe him.  I know he has ~30k Facebook followers, but I know many of them just post stuff to see what he'll say, or follow him to get their humor for the day.

Hoagland the 'science advisor' is hilarious. Love when he's on.
Don't believe a word

coaster

After hoaxland's tetrahedron comet/ufo thing never panned out, I asked him about it on his facebook page. My message was deleted soon after without a response. This sort of damage control seems to be the norm. The same thing has happened on Michael horn's page after I asked him about billy meier's fake ufos. Not to mention the several times I've been outright banned from coasttocoast's fb page. remember, asking questions gets you nowhere.

astroguy

Quote from: coaster on January 09, 2012, 09:51:43 PM
After hoaxland's tetrahedron comet/ufo thing never panned out, I asked him about it on his facebook page. My message was deleted soon after without a response. This sort of damage control seems to be the norm. The same thing has happened on Michael horn's page after I asked him about billy meier's fake ufos. Not to mention the several times I've been outright banned from coasttocoast's fb page. remember, asking questions gets you nowhere.
Oh, you've got nothing on me with Michael Horn.  He put up a hate page about me.  Fun times.  Hoagland at least doesn't know I exist ... yet.  8)