• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

valdez

Chad Lewis on turn of the century strangeness.  Not too bad.  George leads into open lines saying, "hit me with your best shot."  Eh, really?  Unscreen those calls, George, if you really want to play.  Some guy called in connecting the sinking of the Titanic to a plot by the federal reserve to kill a couple of guys on board.  Interesting.  Nice job moving those icebergs into place.  Nice job going back in time since the fed wasn't created until three years later.  An Iranian guy told a cool story about meeting an old mystical fellow during a trip across his country back in the seventies.  George uses the word "yippee" to show his enthusiasm for his upcoming show on the Vatican observatory this Tuesday.  I've never genuinely used that word.  Probably never will.

Morgus

Noory has another first hour lady guest fawning all over him tonight:
First Hour: Author Ellen Whitehurst talks about the nature of luck and how to improve your own luck.

Just like Noory has frequent lady guest he calls "the numbers lady" on, now he has another one he can call "the luck lady"  :o

Morgus

This is really getting sickening listening to Noory's "luck lady" fawning all over him now.
She just called Noory a "god" and makes a big difference. Yuck...  >:(

Found this photo of the Luck Lady at her website:

Scully

Quote from: Morgus on December 13, 2011, 12:56:11 AM
This is really getting sickening listening to Noory's "luck lady" fawning all over him now.

How low can you go to get publicity for yourself??? < retching here >

astroguy

The information, photo, and response in the last two posts are just ... wow.  I kinda wanna listen to this tomorrow just for the morbid curiosity factor.

Eddie Coyle

Found this photo of the Luck Lady at her website:

I wondered what had become of WWF's Greg "The Hammer" Valentine...

b_dubb

George Noory is a big fat stupid twat. And he sucks

Quote from: Scully on December 13, 2011, 01:05:34 AM

How low can you go to get publicity for yourself??? < retching here >

Maybe I misheard, but I think one of the things she recommended for increasing one's luck was tipping at Starbucks before you order your drink.  (This decreases the wait time.)   Also, smiling at people a lot.  See why I wasn't really listening?

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on December 13, 2011, 01:12:47 AM
         I wondered what had become of WWF's Greg "The Hammer" Valentine...

Oh Touche on Greg the Hammer. Perhaps He'll have Adrian Adonis on next week for another episode of the Flower Shop.

WOTR

Quote from: DangerousBlossom on December 13, 2011, 02:59:35 AM
Maybe I misheard, but I think one of the things she recommended for increasing one's luck was tipping at Starbucks...
I believe that she had also mentioned that ordering efoods direct would immediately be good for you.
To be fair to poor George- he did refute her position and state that he was not God.  (I believe she did not just call him A god, but outright God.)

Tonight's show has to be about the worst that I recall in awhile.  All the canned questions (so tell us what got you interested in this?) to an overly perky and optimistic guest.  I can't put my finger on it, but it is now silent in my house.

It was background noise tonight, and I can't rewind it.  It did sound like George tried to say that his second guest got in trouble and started controversy after saying something on C2C.  The guest said that he had to think long and hard before revealing it on the BBC.  I kind of laughed and the attempt to sound cutting edge and exclusive (though I could be wrong in my interpretation.)

WOTR

Would anybody care to wager who might make a special appearance on C2C tomorrow after the announcement from CERN?  Noory mentioned it, so I assume he has somebody lined up.

I really hope it is my favourite crack (pot) "science" adviser Hoagland.  I want to hear how, back in 1922, while studying Soviet data intercepted from NASA he had come to the conclusion that the only way for the video of the faces on Mars to exist would be if the decahedron shaped astroid piloted by an ancient race were spewing Higgs Boson particles.  At that moment, before anybody else, he formulated the theory.  Naturally, somebody else claimed credit for Higgs Boson later, in 1964...

Somehow, I doubt George will find a "real" scientist to make an appearance.  Any takers?

valdez

I wasn't thrilled with "luck lady" Ellen Whitehurst.  I'm not usually thrilled with crop circles either, but Colin Andrews' enthusiasm for them made up for it.  George opens the segment with, "after thirty years, where are we with crop formations...perspective."  Huh?  And later George wonders if crop circles are an attempt to convey knowledge or "are they trying to point to some impending doom?"  Because George just loves saying, "impending doom", but he ain't no fear monger.

11angeleyes11

I digress from George's virtues for one post, but Colin Andrews is good.  I saw him in person a couple of years ago speaking on crop circles.  He said basically that he had a dream about a crop circle one evening.  Later, he woke up and the same exact crop circle had been imprinted in a field nearby.  Also, crop circles may have cost him his marriage.   He spoke with such true and utter emotion about his intensity on the subject. I cried.  He is the only man who has made me cry over crop circles.  He is exceptional.

astroguy

Quote from: WOTR on December 13, 2011, 04:46:08 AM
Would anybody care to wager who might make a special appearance on C2C tomorrow after the announcement from CERN?  Noory mentioned it, so I assume he has somebody lined up.

I really hope it is my favourite crack (pot) "science" adviser Hoagland.  I want to hear how, back in 1922, while studying Soviet data intercepted from NASA he had come to the conclusion that the only way for the video of the faces on Mars to exist would be if the decahedron shaped astroid piloted by an ancient race were spewing Higgs Boson particles.  At that moment, before anybody else, he formulated the theory.  Naturally, somebody else claimed credit for Higgs Boson later, in 1964...

Somehow, I doubt George will find a "real" scientist to make an appearance.  Any takers?

I say 95% chance it's Hoagie.  1% Kaku.  1% an actual other real scientist.  3% some Coast nutjob like Wilcox.

Quote from: valdez on December 13, 2011, 06:00:53 AM
... George opens the segment with, "after thirty years, where are we with crop formations...perspective."  Huh?...

Those interns.  How many times do they have to be reminded to write full sentences on the cue cards.

11angeleyes11

Quote from: Paper*Boy on December 13, 2011, 01:28:15 PM

Those interns.  How many times do they have to be reminded to write full sentences on the cue cards.

Are you sure he was not texxxting and reading at the same time?

How about a new procedure?  The questions could be texxxted to him and make it a paperless program?  Coast goes green!

Frys Girl

Quote from: 11angeleyes11 on December 13, 2011, 02:41:42 PM
Are you sure he was not texxxting and reading at the same time?

How about a new procedure?  The questions could be texxxted to him and make it a paperless program?  Coast goes green!
Ha. Your post reminded me of another word George Noory can't pronounce: texting. He says "texing."

Morgus

Quote from: WOTR on December 13, 2011, 04:46:08 AM
Would anybody care to wager who might make a special appearance on C2C tomorrow after the announcement from CERN?
Has to be Dr. Michio Kaku if anybody.
Noory had Kaku on for the first hour last week and commented on it then too.

Quote from: Frys Girl on December 13, 2011, 02:42:49 PM
Ha. Your post reminded me of another word George Noory can't pronounce: texting. He says "texing."

George:  'Do they call it texing because it started in Texas?'

McPhallus

Quote from: Sardondi on December 06, 2011, 10:27:01 PM
Oh, Art, what have you done to us? It's a special torture for those of us who didn't discover you until 2004, when you were already flirting with your on-again, off-again retirements. We don;t even have memories of your old shows when you were on 5 and then 7 nights a week. (Please, Make your 90's shows available, even your "00's" programs! It's only fair."

You're luckier than I am.... I didn't even start listening until 2009, by which time he was pretty much finished.  Remember that we have sources on the Internet who stream the old shows.

There's a live chat tonight. So have fun and Photoshop the thought bubbles

Gassy Man

Quote from: valdez on December 13, 2011, 06:00:53 AM
     I wasn't thrilled with "luck lady" Ellen Whitehurst.  I'm not usually thrilled with crop circles either, but Colin Andrews' enthusiasm for them made up for it.  George opens the segment with, "after thirty years, where are we with crop formations...perspective."  Huh?  And later George wonders if crop circles are an attempt to convey knowledge or "are they trying to point to some impending doom?"  Because George just loves saying, "impending doom", but he ain't no fear monger.
I thought the Luck Lady sounded like Paul Lynde . . . did I mishear or did a caller actually refer to her as a guy?

The General

Quote from: HorrorReporter on December 13, 2011, 08:35:44 PM
There's a live chat tonight. So have fun and Photoshop the thought bubbles
Actually, I don't think there could be anything more appropriate than leaving them empty.

astroguy

Quote from: astroguy on December 13, 2011, 12:28:01 PM
I say 95% chance it's Hoagie.  1% Kaku.  1% an actual other real scientist.  3% some Coast nutjob like Wilcox.

Watching the twit feed, was it Battros or Sharma?  Seems like it was Sharma from his website which was improperly linked to by C2C.

Morgus

Quote from: astroguy on December 14, 2011, 12:26:47 AM
Watching the twit feed, was it Battros or Sharma?  Seems like it was Sharma from his website which was improperly linked to by C2C.
the short discussion at CERN about the Higgs-Boson was with a scientist who had what sounded like an Indian accent. Noory mentioned he was from UCSD I believe.

astroguy

Quote from: Morgus on December 14, 2011, 12:37:55 AM
the short discussion at CERN about the Higgs-Boson was with a scientist who had what sounded like an Indian accent. Noory mentioned he was from UCSD I believe.

K, yeah, that'd be Sharma

Morgus

Tonight Noory seems to love that he finally has on an astronomer who believes in God and is a Catholic like him, a Jesuit priest who is a Vatican astronomer scientist.
Interesting the guest referred to witnessing other scientists (athiests perhaps?) that falsified their data to fit their own pre-conceived ideas and theories and threw out experimental data that didn't fit.  :o