• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

bellNwhistle

Quote from: Freyja on May 20, 2018, 01:47:28 PM
Must be another Marsha Boyd too  :P

I haven’t watched the video/audio and still have no clue who she is.

Guess I don’t really care all that much. Dude is dead.

moosie

Quote from: Hells Mole on May 20, 2018, 01:49:37 PM
I do wonder, given the nature of her relationship with him and the comparably short amount of life time that it occupied, why she would have saved that letter for over forty years.  It was a very long time before he was famous.

It could simply be that some people save things like that forever.

I was amused that Art's use of "no question about it" went all the way back to the mid 70's at the least.
In fact the text of the letter is the same style of speech and phrasing that the public became familiar with as a result of his famous prominence as a radio personality.  If you read the letter with his voice it sounds like one of his on-air confessions or rants of which there were many examples on many occasions.

The other explanation could be that she faked the letter and did so based on his speech, and she included the "no question about it" because it is a phrase he used constantly.  I happen to be of the mind that she is genuine, though.

Insightful post, thanks. I agree with you. APD's can make a very strong impression and Art was a genius at attraction. So I could see her saving that. But we will never know for sure.

Sean92008

Quote from: chefist on May 20, 2018, 11:40:23 AM

Username, MV/MV1/Liberace...  I don't know if the guy's alive but I'm sure he knew Art. Thad Poppel (spelling may be off).  The guy's a San Diego fixture.  NSFW LINK
http://www.thads.com

PaulK

Quote from: Liberace on May 20, 2018, 01:23:30 PM
I prefer a djellaba, honestly.

My apology. Now I know what djellaba is.

PRAISE LIBERCHI

MV/Liberace!

Last night's episode of The GabCast is posted here.

Freyja

Quote from: bellNwhistle on May 20, 2018, 01:52:43 PM
I haven’t watched the video/audio and still have no clue who she is.

Guess I don’t really care all that much. Dude is dead.

It's an interesting listen Belle in an almost macabre way. Sheds a bunch of different light on the image Art projected...dead or alive...and very possibly his relationship with HLW...well worth the listen...JMHO of course. 

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: PaulK on May 20, 2018, 12:30:31 PM
is this for real, (downloaded 3509 times) :o

yup, that's real.  lots-o-downloads.

the post is here: 
http://bellgab.com/index.php?topic=9159.msg1219441#msg1219441

Hells Mole

Quote from: Liberace on May 20, 2018, 01:58:25 PM
Last night's episode of The GabCast is posted here.

Thanks for posting it, and for doing it.  You really have a broadcasting talent and your voice has excellent personality.  I don't like to pay those sorts of complements and I'm not putting you on a pedestal so don't get a swollen noggin, but you handle interviews brilliantly and have an excellent voice for it so I'd "tune in" to a regular show.  I appreciate how you go after the deep and personal stuff without acting submissive or squeamish; a kind of fearless confidence that gives the guest a sense of safety so they will speak about something that a tip-toeing host will never get out of them.  By being confident and direct you tell the person it's okay to speak up so they do.  People think being squeamish is respectful is polite but all it does is tell a guest that the topic is scary and shouldn't be spoken of, so they don't.

Lilith

Quote from: chefist on May 20, 2018, 10:22:02 AM
Exactly...from the very beginning...then she became "producer" soon after. Come on...

...and don't forget, (Redacted) Started and led the blitz thread.

bellNwhistle

Quote from: Freyja on May 20, 2018, 02:03:46 PM
It's an interesting listen Belle in an almost macabre way. Sheds a bunch of different light on the image Art projected...dead or alive...and very possibly his relationship with HLW...well worth the listen...JMHO of course.

I do plan to hear it at some point. It does sound lurid.  :P No judgement on anyone else for listening.  :)

Kinda awkward, though.. if Vincent is now a BellGabber.  :o

Quote from: Liberace on May 20, 2018, 02:06:04 PM

the post is here: 

Hey boss.  Any chance of having Mrs. Liberace take a peek at that thing in Senda's apartment? 
One theory is that's it's a Djinn but we don't have a lot of Arabic bench strength in the Falkie thread.   ;)

http://www.riaddreamer.com/djinn_islam.html

PaulK

Quote from: Liberace on May 20, 2018, 02:06:04 PM

the post is here: 

Wow!
So let's do some math here.

3509 Total.
-1000 Heather's supporters.
=2509 Bellgabbers plus others.

Very impressive.

ItsOver

Quote from: Hells Mole on May 20, 2018, 02:10:14 PM
Thanks for posting it, and for doing it.  You really have a broadcasting talent and your voice has excellent personality.  I don't like to pay those sorts of complements and I'm not putting you on a pedestal so don't get a swollen noggin...
Not to worry.  The rest of us can handle it.  Praise MV.  Swell often.

Kolchak

Quote from: PaulK on May 20, 2018, 02:15:14 PM
1000 Heather's supporters.

You're being too generous.

ItsOver

Quote from: brig on May 20, 2018, 02:12:17 PM
...and don't forget, (Redacted) Started and led the blitz thread.
Her fingerprints are everywhere.

Quote from: Hells Mole on May 20, 2018, 01:49:37 PM
I was amused that Art's use of "no question about it" went all the way back to the mid 70's at the least.
In fact the text of the letter is the same style of speech and phrasing that the public became familiar with as a result of his famous prominence as a radio personality.  If you read the letter with his voice it sounds like one of his on-air confessions or rants of which there were many examples on many occasions.

Me too, could definitely hear his voice in it... I'm pretty convinced...

In his statement, he admits prominent people were involved...

Is this going to turn into a season of True Detective?

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Hells Mole on May 20, 2018, 02:10:14 PM
Thanks for posting it, and for doing it.  You really have a broadcasting talent and your voice has excellent personality.  I don't like to pay those sorts of complements and I'm not putting you on a pedestal so don't get a swollen noggin, but you handle interviews brilliantly and have an excellent voice for it so I'd "tune in" to a regular show.  I appreciate how you go after the deep and personal stuff without acting submissive or squeamish; a kind of fearless confidence that gives the guest a sense of safety so they will speak about something that a tip-toeing host will never get out of them.  By being confident and direct you tell the person it's okay to speak up so they do.  People think being squeamish is respectful is polite but all it does is tell a guest that the topic is scary and shouldn't be spoken of, so they don't.

Holy Christ! For someone who doesn't pay those sorts of compliments you sure demonstrate a natural aptitude for it. I've never seen such fawning, it's an almost oriental level of sycophancy. Did he kidnap your dog or something?

Lilith

Quote from: K_Dubb on May 20, 2018, 11:28:57 AM
If it was the plan all along, he would have worked her in gradually even after the reaction to the test show.  I think Art was more of a hustler than a businessman -- try a bunch of things, pour all your energy into the ones that work and cut all ties to the ones that don't.  It's the pattern that emerges from his book and parallels his relationships, too.

I don't think it was Arts' idea. I think it was an idea that entered Heathers head when Art told her he liked her voice, and she proceeded out to the compound to do an interview with him, to show him her "skills" and ask for a chance to learn from him, and do some segments of the show with him, and when the Cumulus deal was approaching, he had to throw her in before that happened, because the deal was probably for shows hosted by Art Bell, not Heather Wade.

I could be wrong.

Doomed

Quote from: Sean92008 on May 20, 2018, 10:47:44 AM
I caught a lot of Philly in his voice, I didn't get very much Art out of it.  His love of books/reading is a plus.  The better read you are, the more insightful a person you can possibly be.

I'd like to see Dark Matter do some more commercial material.  Even a tech show with Leo Laporte Jr, a music show with Paul McCartney Jr....  OK, facetiousness aside, a half hour of movie reviews and a half hour of this week in tech on a Sunday evening before a replay of a couple of Dave's more popular interviews from the week would be wonderful.  Even replays of Dave's True Crime stuff would be a nice programming choice.  Heck, even Mike Drudge had a Sunday show.  Knowing Keith's political leanings, Laura Loomer might be a logical choice for him.  She's been on the case of the Vegas shooting cover up and other conspiratorial things that might fly on Dark Matter.

Keith Rowland, are you listening?
Actually, that's a damn good idea.

PaulK

Quote from: dsz on May 20, 2018, 01:33:07 PM
Speaking of KCAA, are they a big deal in their market or ranked like 31st?

M.Vara with his LNM Network is much much bigger.
He is broadcasting all over the World and has over million listeners every night. Just ask Heather. She knows the stats.
That's why she is 69'ning him now.

Catsmile

Quote from: whoozit on May 20, 2018, 04:16:13 AM
Art is dead.

I was referencing when Art was alive, when all the collusion was agreed upon by 3 living people years ago. When Art died "his plans" were defenestrated, hence the current Shitshowâ,,¢.

Otherwise, welcome to 37-38 day old news? Lots of pages to read since then... Welcome to BellGab, post often?

Lilith

Quote from: PaulK on May 20, 2018, 12:30:31 PM
is this for real, (downloaded 3509 times) :o

hahaha, and counting  ;D

Lilith

Quote from: SnapT on May 20, 2018, 12:48:32 PM
All right, Good Dave officially needs to call Falkie and book him as a guest on MITD, as his livestream just documented proof of a ghost or a shadow person or SOMETHING...

http://bellgab.com/index.php?topic=5425.msg1225553#msg1225553

That would be GREAT!  ;D

Morgus

Last night's gabcast guest, Vincent Pontius registered here at bellgab yesterday:
http://bellgab.com/index.php?action=profile;u=7766

Welcome Vincent!

PaulK

Quote from: Kolchak on May 20, 2018, 02:17:27 PM
You're being too generous.

I dare not to question Lasha's Locha's numbers.

Fun Fact: since Lasha Seniuk is Ukrainian locha (pronounce loha) means massive sow in Ukrainian language.

ItsTelly

Quote from: Shoveler on May 20, 2018, 01:22:40 PM
PRAISE LIBERCHI!

[attachment=1,msg1225612]

Was that from one of those 'Star Olympics" shows in the 70's NBC vs. ABC Vs. CBS...

Looking back, I'm not sure I miss the 70's all that much.

Telly

PaulK

Quote from: brig on May 20, 2018, 02:39:03 PM
hahaha, and counting  ;D
haha,
Liberchi might ask you to pay some of his data bill ;)

ItsTelly

Quote from: 21st Century Man on May 20, 2018, 11:51:18 AM
Vincent was born in '65.  I don't think the swinging scene had caught on yet.

Art was always a head of the times...

Telly

Catsmile

Quote from: chefist on May 20, 2018, 08:36:14 AM
I think most would agree that the 2015 MITD show was meant to be handed over to HW from the beginning...well planned out in advance...

I don't know about well planned out, or how far in advance, but planned no doubt, Sir.

Arts original plan was to get her into the fold "compound" as his co-host. Which most everyone had kittens over. He needed a plan B: The Stalkerâ,,¢