Poll

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

Author Topic: George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium  (Read 10568663 times)

Re: George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium
« Reply #84540 on: December 09, 2017, 08:25:25 PM »
Stop complimenting his straight rump!

He's a faggot in every sense of the word.

« Reply #84541 on: December 10, 2017, 08:49:53 AM »
One thing I REALLY like about having the Coast app on my phone...........

When Jorch gets to pitching one of his MLM garbage products, I can hit the 30 second skip button exactly 4 times and it skips to the end of the pitch! Handy as hell! I've gotten to where I can listen to a whole Jorch show in about 10 minutes. I wear that skip button out when he gets on one of his bullshit topics.

« Reply #84542 on: December 12, 2017, 12:49:02 AM »
On the 'news' segment, Nori referred to 'net neutrality' as 'net nutragedy.'

« Reply #84543 on: December 12, 2017, 03:07:27 AM »
How long has Beyond Belief with George Noory been on Xfinity?

« Reply #84544 on: December 12, 2017, 05:12:11 AM »
The Coast You Tube channel is just audio...  no video...

« Reply #84545 on: December 12, 2017, 05:14:08 AM »
George lamented the potential financial loss of the baseball cards his family discarded.  So, he went and got a bunch of board games as a new investment!  Probably still better off with baseball cards.  Never heard of anyone trading Monopoly pieces...

How did he get away with this topic?  He had the unpleasant nerve to ask his guest twice if he had played Spin The Bottle when younger.

« Reply #84546 on: December 12, 2017, 12:33:17 PM »
Last nightís show was so pitifully horrible. Where did these topics come from? I think the opioid fascination exists because he has a daughter or granddaughter thatís caught in that spiral.

The board game............ snooze fest.

The whole night was a snooze fest.

« Reply #84547 on: December 12, 2017, 01:23:44 PM »
George lamented the potential financial loss of the baseball cards his family discarded.  So, he went and got a bunch of board games as a new investment!  Probably still better off with baseball cards.  Never heard of anyone trading Monopoly pieces...

How did he get away with this topic?  He had the unpleasant nerve to ask his guest twice if he had played Spin The Bottle when younger.

Guest got off easy.  That's just a Level One question.  Noory's Level Two Q's go something like this:

« Reply #84548 on: December 12, 2017, 01:44:54 PM »
Last nightís show was so pitifully horrible. Where did these topics come from? I think the opioid fascination exists because he has a daughter or granddaughter thatís caught in that spiral.

The board game............ snooze fest.

The whole night was a snooze fest.
you think that, eh? what makes you assume anyone in norry's family has a previous or current addiction to meds? whether the "opioid crisis" is real or manufactured, it is CURRENT and large in the news. Knapp, Schrader, Trump, Democrats, Republicans, Libertarians, Fox, CNN, and adam's house cat are on this topic for some reason that obviously has nothing to do with George Norry.

« Reply #84549 on: December 12, 2017, 04:30:54 PM »
Yess, board games, spinal fusions, next bridge and jock itch, the new edgy on Coast. 

« Reply #84550 on: December 12, 2017, 05:09:54 PM »
Yess, board games, spinal fusions, next bridge and jock itch, the new edgy on Coast.

« Reply #84551 on: December 12, 2017, 06:48:48 PM »
Noory's YouTube post is down. Lol, I hope I'm responsible  for that.............

« Reply #84552 on: December 12, 2017, 07:19:51 PM »
We learned from last night's show that Noory's favorite board games as a kid were Stratego, Operation and Clue.
I would have picked "Mouse Trap" and "CandyLand" as his favorites...

« Reply #84553 on: December 12, 2017, 07:31:05 PM »
We learned from last night's show that Noory's favorite board games as a kid were Stratego, Operation and Clue.
I would have picked "Mouse Trap" and "CandyLand" as his favorites...

I liked Battleship, Monopoly, Life and Risk.

« Reply #84554 on: December 12, 2017, 09:13:31 PM »
Yes, Norry is good at games.  That is the word or skuttlebutt on the conference circuit.

« Reply #84555 on: December 12, 2017, 11:58:33 PM »
I see that Noory's fav guest Dr. JOEL WALLACH was Clyde Lewis' Ground Zero tonight...

« Reply #84556 on: December 13, 2017, 04:44:12 AM »

I liked Battleship, Monopoly, Life and Risk.

Risk is great. Thing is nobody ever wants to play it because it takes forever.

« Reply #84557 on: December 13, 2017, 05:26:29 AM »
Risk is great. Thing is nobody ever wants to play it because it takes forever.

When I was a teenager my family would sometimes have games of Risk that would last all night. Seriously great game but yeah, you need a good stretch of time to play it. Either that or have a place where you can keep the board setup and play it in a series of sessions.

P.S. I don't know why whenever I think of Risk the word Kamchatka comes to mind but it just does.  ;)

« Reply #84558 on: December 13, 2017, 05:52:00 AM »
I see that Noory's fav guest Dr. JOEL WALLACH was Clyde Lewis' Ground Zero tonight...
Yeah, Clyde sold-out to Doc Wallet some time ago and has been on before, with Clyde singing his praises.  ::)

« Reply #84559 on: December 13, 2017, 06:53:59 AM »
I liked Scruples, but it never seemed to take off.

« Reply #84560 on: December 13, 2017, 09:34:20 AM »
Both Noory and Clyde are Premiere employees. Not a coinshidence. They probably have little or no say regarding the Wallach appearances. If they raised a stink there's always a Jimmy Church type weasel waiting in the wings to fill your shoes. I guess a company teetering on going broke doesn't care if it engages in illegal payola.

I don't get why they risk it. Would the average listener notice or care if they ran a "this is a paid commercial endorsement" type disclaimer?

« Reply #84561 on: December 13, 2017, 09:45:28 AM »
Both Noory and Clyde are Premiere employees. Not a coinshidence. They probably have little or no say regarding the Wallach appearances. If they raised a stink there's always a Jimmy Church type weasel waiting in the wings to fill your shoes. I guess a company teetering on going broke doesn't care if it engages in illegal payola.

I don't get why they risk it. Would the average listener notice or care if they ran a "this is a paid commercial endorsement" type disclaimer?

"Did someone call?"   ;) ;D

« Reply #84562 on: December 13, 2017, 01:38:45 PM »
Raking the yard and cleaning the gutter and listening to Norry's show on Monday. Riveting radio. Talk of broken backs and chronic pain etc made me be extra careful on the ladder.

And his description of the classic game "Stratego" was hilarious. Not only did he, sort of, tell us how to play but went on and on about how he played "Stratego" by himself.  :o Yes, you heard me. Presumably as a kid Norry played "Stratego" by himself. "You can just set them up and, well you can't see them, but YOU CAN PLAY BY YOURSELF." Sad. Norry also was intrigued by Backgammon "what was that game on the back of a checker board, you play with dice?" but Norry has never played it. What is Norry's favorite phrase in Checkers, you ask: "KING ME!" (British guest replied that he hadn't heard that. Maybe because over there it is caused Draughts?) Norry also plays Chess against himself, again. On the computer. "If you want to win play on the first level," says Norry.
Norry: "remember that game Chutes and Ladders?"
Guest: "we call it Snakes and Ladders over here."
Norry: "Hahaha, that was a great game."
(Note this game is for pre-school and kindergarten kids mainly, takes no strategy, and can be frustratingly long when you get roped into playing it by youngsters because mind-numbingly boring.)
-GNS

« Reply #84563 on: December 13, 2017, 02:53:34 PM »
Raking the yard and cleaning the gutter and listening to Norry's show on Monday. Riveting radio. Talk of broken backs and chronic pain etc made me be extra careful on the ladder.

And his description of the classic game "Stratego" was hilarious. Not only did he, sort of, tell us how to play but went on and on about how he played "Stratego" by himself.  :o Yes, you heard me. Presumably as a kid Norry played "Stratego" by himself. "You can just set them up and, well you can't see them, but YOU CAN PLAY BY YOURSELF." Sad. Norry also was intrigued by Backgammon "what was that game on the back of a checker board, you play with dice?" but Norry has never played it. What is Norry's favorite phrase in Checkers, you ask: "KING ME!" (British guest replied that he hadn't heard that. Maybe because over there it is caused Draughts?) Norry also plays Chess against himself, again. On the computer. "If you want to win play on the first level," says Norry.
(Note this game is for pre-school and kindergarten kids mainly, takes no strategy, and can be frustratingly long when you get roped into playing it by youngsters because mind-numbingly boring.)
-GNS

"Thank yeeewww, very much!"

« Reply #84564 on: December 13, 2017, 05:05:49 PM »

-GNS

Thats why I thought Noory also liked to play CandyLand too. :)

Nobody mentioned "Yahtzee" on the show, we played that a lot with Monopoly when I was a kid.
Noory and one of the callers kept mentioning one of the old Monopoly pieces as the "boot" but it was just called the "shoe" elsewhere and has been replaced nowadays.

« Reply #84565 on: December 13, 2017, 05:06:30 PM »

"Thank yeeewww, very much!"

A later caller called in and asked about the game "Stratego." I don't know but he might have been a listener trolling Norry after Norry's earlier "explanation" of the game and extended commentary about playing the two-side strategy game "by himself."

« Reply #84566 on: December 13, 2017, 05:17:00 PM »
Thats why I thought Noory also liked to play CandyLand too. :)

Nobody mentioned "Yahtzee" on the show, we played that a lot with Monopoly when I was a kid.
Noory and one of the callers kept mentioning one of the old Monopoly pieces as the "boot" but it was just called the "shoe" elsewhere and has been replaced nowadays.
Norry likely played Candyland, by himself, also and "loved it."

I think towards the end of the show an old lady caller mentioned that she liked to play "Yahtzee" but "couldn't play boardgames anymore due to her eye-sight." And the end of her brief call Norry said something like "start playing boardgames again -insert name-." I'm surprised he didn't offer to send her one of his unread guest's books also like he sometimes offers other blind people.

« Reply #84567 on: December 13, 2017, 06:24:54 PM »

I think towards the end of the show an old lady caller mentioned that she liked to play "Yahtzee" but "couldn't play boardgames anymore due to her eye-sight." And the end of her brief call Norry said something like "start playing boardgames again -insert name-." I'm surprised he didn't offer to send her one of his unread guest's books also like he sometimes offers other blind people.

Games like Candyland and Mousetrap were games we all wanted as kids because they're very blingy (lots of stuff going on and eye appeal) but once we tried playing them the universal reaction was usually This is stupid!

« Reply #84568 on: December 13, 2017, 07:18:39 PM »

Jorch really should have been a politician.

« Reply #84569 on: December 13, 2017, 08:31:13 PM »
Games like Candyland and Mousetrap were games we all wanted as kids because they're very blingy (lots of stuff going on and eye appeal) but once we tried playing them the universal reaction was usually This is stupid!
Yep Mouse Trap had a great TV commercial that made every kid want one for Christmas or their birthday!
But once you got the contraption assembled and ran it a few times, the thrill was gone...
Same with something like "Operation"

The games that had lasting appeal were ones like Monopoly and Clue.

I also remember some Milton Bradley historical games like one set in WWI "Dogfight" with realistic tiny biplanes, one side Germans and the other side English. 

Also one called "Broadside" that had really detailed little sailing ships of various types like Frigates. There were so many tiny pieces it was easy to lose some of them or break parts off though.