• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

K_Dubb

Quote from: Aquarius on June 24, 2018, 05:09:53 PM
Wow, I did not know that, great trivia info correction! So Disney and Fantasia, one of my very favorite childhood movies, were wrong!

Yeah Halloween is the only witchy day we have left, so we put everything there.  In reality, each of the quarter days and cross quarter days was associated with a pagan observance, as the church folk remembered well, though they called them after their saints and mostly forgot their pagan names (Yule being the exception).

Each region seems to have had a Bald Mountain high enough to have no trees at the summit (Norway has two that I know of, one outside Bergen and the other in Finnmark, way up north) where the witches were supposed to gather, though in low-lying Sweden it was an island in the Baltic.

Aquarius

Quote from: K_Dubb on June 24, 2018, 08:39:59 PM
Yeah Halloween is the only witchy day we have left, so we put everything there.  In reality, each of the quarter days and cross quarter days was associated with a pagan observance, as the church folk remembered well, though they called them after their saints and mostly forgot their pagan names (Yule being the exception). <snip>
Yes, for example Imbolc or Candlemas in early February became St. Brigid's Day... many earlier pagan observances were, as posted earlier, incorporated and re-named. Imbolc happens in the astrological month of Aquarius, a fine month! <ggg>

albrecht

Quote from: K_Dubb on June 24, 2018, 08:39:59 PM
Yeah Halloween is the only witchy day we have left, so we put everything there.  In reality, each of the quarter days and cross quarter days was associated with a pagan observance, as the church folk remembered well, though they called them after their saints and mostly forgot their pagan names (Yule being the exception).

Each region seems to have had a Bald Mountain high enough to have no trees at the summit (Norway has two that I know of, one outside Bergen and the other in Finnmark, way up north) where the witches were supposed to gather, though in low-lying Sweden it was an island in the Baltic.
Interestingly there is a part of the law here that allows "burn ban" violations, as I read it at least- I'm not offering legal advice and only playing a lawyer on BG- for "religious ceremonies" and "rituals." I always figure it was some Klan-era proviso or for Indian rites (American not burning of the widow.) But I should've tried for St.Hans Aften....

K_Dubb

Quote from: Aquarius on June 24, 2018, 08:48:26 PM
Yes, for example Imbolc or Candlemas in early February became St. Brigid's Day... many earlier pagan observances were, as posted earlier, incorporated and re-named. Imbolc happens in the astrological month of Aquarius, a fine month! <ggg>

Ha you know all this stuff already, of course!  The Irish version of the old faith has had to stand in as representing of the rest of Europe, mostly because they were the only ones civilized enough to write stuff down before they wiped it out hahaha.

K_Dubb

Quote from: albrecht on June 24, 2018, 08:58:52 PM
Interestingly there is a part of the law here that allows "burn ban" violations, as I read it at least- I'm not offering legal advice and only playing a lawyer on BG- for "religious ceremonies" and "rituals." I always figure it was some Klan-era proviso or for Indian rites (American not burning of the widow.) But I should've tried for St.Hans Aften....

Ha you should!  What else could it be for?  Indians heat rocks in a fire for sweat lodge, but I don't think dancing around it is a big deal, despite Hollywood.

Now if there are any Zoroastrians around, that might be a problem; I don't think they can let theirs go out.

Jojo

Quote from: Bart Ell on June 24, 2018, 05:37:34 PM
https://twitter.com/bart_ell/status/1011030108436598784
Is that why he's spending so much money on himself?  Goin' to the Ritz, fancy suits, gold-rimmed microphones, girls, cosmetic surgery, lots of new cars, gambling, living the high life...

Hey, maybe a friend needs a new kidney but doesn't want it public.

Maybe he's wracked with grief over Anne, and heard of a new technology to contact the dead or something.  Bound to be expensive.  I could see why he wouldn't want to make that public.

Fourteen

Aquarius

Quote from: albrecht on June 24, 2018, 08:58:52 PM

Aren't there also some exemptions for marijuana use in legit Rastafarian religious ceremonies in the U.S? I don't think I made that up... and this prior to it becoming legal in some states.

K_Dubb

An example of witchy geology in up Finnmark -- the mountain called Domen, maybe the portal to Hell thought to be located there:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domen,_Norway

Lest you imagine this a quaint tourist story,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vard%C3%B8_witch_trials_(1621)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vard%C3%B8_witch_trials

QuoteWhen Maren was interrogated on 26 January her confession was given much attention. She claimed to have visited Hell, where she had been given a tour by Satan. Satan had showed her "a great water" down in a black valley, which began to boil when he blew fire through a horn of iron; in the water there had been people, who cried like cats. He had put a ham in the water and it was cooked immediately, and told her that she too would boil in the water as a reward if she served him. Later she had visited the sabbath of Satan on Domen between Svartnes and Kiberg, where Satan played dancing music on a red violin, gave the witches beer, and followed each of them home personally.

You can get a particularly Scandinavian flavor by the use of the word trolldom for witchcraft, in addition to the more-familiar heksekunst (hekse = witch).  Trolls were serious business back then.  Also note the timing -- Christmas.

Here is the striking recent (2011) memorial, focused around a burning chair:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNtf4LGhT_s

This is up where my grandpa is from -- the old farmstead he gave up to move here is still in the family.

Jocko Johnson

Quote from: Jackstar on June 24, 2018, 07:14:44 PM
This a bold, declarative statement from some faggot who can't be bothered to spell.
Go Jack-off, Jackstar.
Hit a nerve, u pedal this kind of crap?

Jocko Johnson

Quote from: Jocko Johnson on June 24, 2018, 06:35:39 PM
So this despicable person is now writing about the adventures of his dead wife's adventures in the afterlife, WTF?
The more I hear and read about these creeps the worse it gets. These phonies need to be exposed and pay the penality of the law for ripping off unsuspecting people who would put their hopes into and onto anything. And these con artist just collect on their sadness and hopes.
With Art gone Witless doesn't have his sugardaddy to go to to get any funds for his "projects."

Remember before he wrote Communion he was I believe a newspaper columnist and failed author. He hears about the UFO stuff and makes himself the victim! Then he just rakes in the dough ray me !!!!!! What a rat fink. These guys have no scruples. Forgot about it being entertainment, this is plain and simple fruad.
Hey Jack...ah I mean Mr. Webster, better? Hope that solves your pathetic neurotic reaction...what are u an English teacher and seeing not a mis-spelling but a typo, by a human typing on a few inch, tiny virtual keyboard with large fingers that are part of my size xxl hand that is conected to my 6'3" body on some bs blog that we use to do what do here really give a crap about a typo? You must have nothing else to do. Did u mark up you screen on your device with a red pen or marker? Relax Jackie.

Jocko Johnson

Quote from: Aquarius on June 24, 2018, 10:49:24 PM
Aren't there also some exemptions for marijuana use in legit Rastafarian religious ceremonies in the U.S? I don't think I made that up... and this prior to it becoming legal in some states.
I can tell u this, before retiring from the NYPD we locked up boatloads of "Rasta Mon." None of them every used or claimed smoking pot was part of their defense as a violation of their religious rights.
So... I certainly think if it would have a chance to get off the hook, their lawyers would have used it in court??

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Jocko Johnson on June 25, 2018, 01:02:17 AM
I can tell u this, before retiring from the NYPD we locked up boatloads of "Rasta Mon." None of them every used or claimed smoking pot was part of their defense as a violation of their religious rights.
So... I certainly think if it would have a chance to get off the hook, their lawyers would have used it in court??

Weren't there enough real criminals to keep you guys busy there?

Jojo

Quote from: GravitySucks on June 24, 2018, 05:43:14 PM
Why hasn’t Anne whispered the name of the hacker into his alien implant?

Would La$ha be available to provide psychic podcast protection services?
Lol.
Fourteen

GravitySucks

Quote from: 14 on June 25, 2018, 01:24:07 AM
Lol.
Fourteen

After all that I am glad I could make you laugh.

Doomed

Quote from: GravitySucks on June 24, 2018, 05:43:14 PM
Why hasn’t Anne whispered the name of the hacker into his alien implant?

Would La$ha be available to provide psychic podcast protection services?
Given incentive, Im sure she provides all sorts of services. You a chubby-chaser by chance?
;D

Jojo

Quote from: GravitySucks on June 25, 2018, 01:26:04 AM
After all that I am glad I could make you laugh.
:) Thanks!
MD left me high and dry back there.
Fourteen

GravitySucks

Quote from: Ghost on June 24, 2018, 07:03:09 PM
This paranormal field is filled with scam authors writing bs just to feed off people’s fears and emotions. In the ‘70s I turned on the tv and was inundated with phony evangelicals ripping off the elderly and weak minded. Today I turn on the tv and I’ve got wackos on Ancient Aliens or various ghost hunters doing the same schitck.

Sounds like you spend too much time watching TV.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Doomed on June 25, 2018, 01:26:32 AM
Given incentive, Im sure she provides all sorts of services. You a chubby-chaser by chance?
;D

Moi? I ain’t chasing La$ha at any price. Even if she offered to pay me in US currency.

Jojo

Quote from: GravitySucks on June 25, 2018, 01:29:49 AM
Moi? I ain’t chasing La$ha at any price. Even if she offered to pay me in US currency.
I don't see her under members?
Fourteen

Jojo

We are having a rainstorm, and thunder and lightning!  Everything dark... I'm the only one up....and then a knock at the door at Midnight oooooooooooo!  It was a neighbor.
Fourteen

Doomed

Jojo

Quote from: Doomed on June 25, 2018, 01:40:06 AM
try Rosegirl
Thanks!  Maybe she'll do a special with me, second guide half off, just kidding.
Fourteen

Jocko Johnson

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on June 25, 2018, 01:10:20 AM
Weren't there enough real criminals to keep you guys busy there?
My job was to enforce the law as written and passed by the rightfully elected lawmakers. What I thought had nothing to do with it.
I will say most, Rasta were locked up for other crimes, gun crimes, other weapons, involved in drug  deals and the grass was found in their car, on them etc.
Others sold it in plain sight on the street right in front of the police, no good, shows no respect. If we lost that and allowed it then the regular citizens had nothing, mopes ruled and that could happen. We had to hold the line and be able to protect and serve. The others were deals, and dealers of large sums of drugs not for personal us but for sale like...
we'd collar them in front of or near schools either using the under aged to carry and deliver. The kids were paid in money and pot which they used and also sold to other young kids. They also did this to get fast cash to move up and then sell crack, coke, pills, herione etc. Meth wasn't big yet as crack was the big thing and powered coke the "in" thing. If they needed a speed drug they just used pills like medical amphetimenes. Bad stuff. Get's people high that they spend all their cash, loss their jobs and then crawl into the windows of the law abiding tax paying folks, rob their cars, hold up businesses, mug them, boost their car radois, wallets or purses etc...people get badly hurt and killed during these things. who just want to live their life, but they have "things" that the users, the junkys need to get more money for more drugs.
So no matter how you feel about pot it's not good. It leads up for the bad guys and dealers. In the mid to late 80' in NYC we had about 3000 homicides per year up from 400 to 600, per 8.5 million residents and approx 14 to 17 million who come (total) to the city to work and play ect between the times of 0900 to 2000. It's much more then if a guy is allowed to smoke a joint or not. My opinion from direct experience and I lived and went to school my entire life there in a lower to middle class neighborhood not really far from where this stuff was going on 24/7.  And somethings right to my home which was burgaled 2x:s...caught 2 guys once and chased the other guy(s) away. Cars stolen right from in front on my house 2, my brother and my uncle. Guy shot and killed in a driveway right next to my hm. Shot in the head, followed and robbed of the diamonds he was carry as he was a jeweler. What really sucked was walking to my car and stepping on crack vials, seeing used hypos, and a shell casing every so often. And it was considered a "nice" neighborhood located directly on a large major street.
More than u asked for but that is the truth of it.

Jojo

Quote from: Jocko Johnson on June 25, 2018, 01:59:49 AM
My job was to enforce the law as written and passed by the rightfully elected lawmakers. What I thought had nothing to do with it.
I will say most, Rasta were locked up for other crimes, gun crimes, other weapons, involved in drug  deals and the grass was found in their car, on them etc.
Others sold it in plain sight on the street right in front of the police, no good, shows no respect. If we lost that and allowed it then the regular citizens had nothing, mopes ruled and that could happen. We had to hold the line and be able to protect and serve. The others were deals, and dealers of large sums of drugs not for personal us but for sale like...
we'd collar them in front of or near schools either using the under aged to carry and deliver. The kids were paid in money and pot which they used and also sold to other young kids. They also did this to get fast cash to move up and then sell crack, coke, pills, herione etc. Meth wasn't big yet as crack was the big thing and powered coke the "in" thing. If they needed a speed drug they just used pills like medical amphetimenes. Bad stuff. Get's people high that they spend all their cash, loss their jobs and then crawl into the windows of the law abiding tax paying folks, rob their cars, hold up businesses, mug them, boost their car radois, wallets or purses etc...people get badly hurt and killed during these things. who just want to live their life, but they have "things" that the users, the junkys need to get more money for more drugs.
So no matter how you feel about pot it's not good. It leads up for the bad guys and dealers. In the mid to late 80' in NYC we had about 3000 homicides per year up from 400 to 600, per 8.5 million residents and approx 14 to 17 million who come (total) to the city to work and play ect between the times of 0900 to 2000. It's much more then if a guy is allowed to smoke a joint or not. My opinion from direct experience and I lived and went to school my entire life there in a lower to middle class neighborhood not really far from where this stuff was going on 24/7.  And somethings right to my home which was burgaled 2x:s...caught 2 guys once and chased the other guy(s) away. Cars stolen right from in front on my house 2, my brother and my uncle. Guy shot and killed in a driveway right next to my hm. Shot in the head, followed and robbed of the diamonds he was carry as he was a jeweler. What really sucked was walking to my car and stepping on crack vials, seeing used hypos, and a shell casing every so often. And it was considered a "nice" neighborhood located directly on a large major street.
Doing pretty good for a teeny hand held.  Did you use mic-to-type?

Sorry to hear about the crimes.  I'm not sure about pot, but I agree with your other points.  When people have to have a fix, or pay their dealer, dangerous crimes happen.

I'm sorry the jeweler was killed.  I'm not judging him, but I se a lot of business people carrying money in money bags, and it seems so unsafe.  You'd be much safer carrying it in a lunchbag!

Fourteen

Jocko Johnson

Quote from: 14 on June 25, 2018, 01:35:38 AM
We are having a rainstorm, and thunder and lightning!  Everything dark... I'm the only one up....and then a knock at the door at Midnight oooooooooooo!  It was a neighbor.
Fourteen
Nope same here. Just stopped some here in South Carolina. What state r u in.

Jojo

Quote from: Jocko Johnson on June 25, 2018, 02:23:30 AM
Nope same here. Just stopped some here in South Carolina. What state r u in.
"Pacific Northwest".  Refreshing storm.
Fourteen

Jojo

Have a good morning.  I'm asleep. Bfn.
Fourteen

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Jocko Johnson on June 25, 2018, 01:59:49 AM

The criminality of it created a black market for it where, of course, you'll get criminals and crimes. Most of the kind of bigger dealers you're talking about are actually against legalization because they know it will dry a lot of their market up.