• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The Other Side of Midnight - Richard C. Hoagland - Live Chat Thread

Started by cosmic hobo, June 24, 2015, 09:00:52 PM

oh my god this is so pathetic, Reich was a charlatan, deviant, molester and thoroughly discredited as a scientist yet here is Hoagie as always lapping it up because with all pseudo-science he will find something in it that fits into his own imaginary world of science.

i read one of Reich's psychology/psychiatry books,  some of his ideas there have some credibility though like any theory of human personality they are not falsifiable at this point and therefore not science. A shrink actually gave me the book to read, I had no idea Reich was considered a nutbag when I read it, I did roll my eyeballs a lot while reading it.

Hoegee

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on March 18, 2018, 12:05:48 AM
oh my god this is so pathetic, Reich was a charlatan, deviant, molester and thoroughly discredited as a scientist yet here is Hoagie as always lapping it up because with all pseudo-science he will find something in it that fits into his own imaginary world of science.

i read one of Reich's psychology/psychiatry books,  some of his ideas there have some credibility though like any theory of human personality they are not falsifiable at this point and therefore not science. A shrink actually gave me the book to read, I had no idea Reich was considered a nutbag when I read it, I did roll my eyeballs a lot while reading it.

All you need is a coffee can and Salvation Army wool blanket and you can transduce the orgone field to the 19.5 hyperdimensional energy standard.  Then, one can 'cloud-bust' and philander to his heart's content.

Hoegee

Nutty guest tries to make reasonable observation that Nazism died and Communism survived in '45, to preface a larger point.  That triggers Hoagie to lecture/argue with him for 5 minutes about Operation Paperclip and fellow travelers in the CIA, to the guest's exasperation.

Hoegee

Hoagie implies to guest that other shows with higher listenership tonight on BlogTalk have a better guest.  lol

Hoegee

Guest:  If you put an orgone blanket (ie, wool blanket) to your chest, you will feel it 'radiate warmth'.

Hoagie:  THAT'S AMAZING!

expat

Quote from: kyntheaSome of you know that we, the Enterprise Mission team, are working hard to release...

In exactly 6 days it'll be a year since RCH announced this work as "just recently completed." Working hard my ass.

Quote from: kyntheaWe are now at the process where we have to convert our Indesign Print Layout to a Kindle/ebook format. This is a complex book, rich with imagery.

If it's "rich with imagery," do you think kindle/ebook is the right format to do it justice?

crankshaft

Quote from: expat on March 18, 2018, 08:27:55 AM
In exactly 6 days it'll be a year since RCH announced this work as "just recently completed." Working hard my ass.

If it's "rich with imagery," do you think kindle/ebook is the right format to do it justice?

Considering what passes for "imagery" in the universe of RCH, black and white 8-bit fax format would be considered high-resolution.

astroguy

Tonight's topic is "real mythic history for real."  ::)

zeebo

Quote from: astroguy on March 18, 2018, 07:10:06 PM
Tonight's topic is "real mythic history for real."  ::)

The two real's overrule the mythic part.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: zeebo on March 18, 2018, 07:43:49 PM
The two real's overrule the mythic part.

I figured they'd cancel each other out but I wasn't accounting for torsion physics. ;)

QuoteI figured they'd cancel each other

what, Fake News ? Is tonights show cancelled?

Remember Richards was a gopher for Walter during those Space Race Days

astroguy

The Russians are not going to Mars in 2019.  It was a mistranslation, it's to the moon.

astroguy

Quote from: TigerLily on March 18, 2018, 11:26:01 PM
Or someone milking squirrels
The background noise makes this practically unlistenable.  What happened to RCH bitching and moaning about background noise and microphone quality?

TigerLily

Quote from: astroguy on March 18, 2018, 11:27:37 PM
The background noise makes this practically unlistenable.  What happened to RCH bitching and moaning about background noise and microphone quality?

Only when he isn't responsible

Nebraska888

Zee!  Get over to Schrader!  Ha!  Seriously, I just want to say hello! ;D

zeebo

Quote from: TigerLily on March 18, 2018, 11:26:01 PM
Or someone milking squirrels

I think that's illegal in most states now, for better or worse.

zeebo

Quote from: Nebraska888 on March 19, 2018, 12:05:27 AM
Zee!  Get over to Schrader!  Ha!  Seriously, I just want to say hello! ;D

Haha hey Neb.  Not sure what to listen to - as usual I'm just killing time till the next Knapp show.    ;)

TigerLily

Quote from: zeebo on March 19, 2018, 12:23:37 AM
Haha hey Neb.  Not sure what to listen to - as usual I'm just killing time till the next Knapp show.    ;)

*sigh* one more week

Nebraska888

Quote from: zeebo on March 19, 2018, 12:23:37 AM

I am laughing here!  Miss you!  A dark rainy night in Nebraska.  Perfect night for Coast to Coast.  Good grief... Knapp can't come too soon.  OK, you go with Hoagland... I will stay with Schrader.   ;)

Remember Hoagland was a gopher for Walter during those Space Race Days

Can't you people just let Hoagland be...He doesn't need your advice..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdQr16_uQWo

TigerLily

The guest posited an interesting enough idea. Hoagie was nearing Dick Cavettness interviewing. But the braaps were in charge and out of control

crankshaft

I'm impressed. RCH can actually conduct a fairly good show.

RCH simply needs to learn to avoid topics that require functional understanding of any of the hard sciences or of technology much later than stone age technology.

As far as technology is concerned, a crudely chipped flint facsimile of a "USB" may be all we can reasonably expect RCH to grasp.