• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Most Liberated Man

Started by Jojo, July 04, 2018, 04:31:20 AM

Jojo

For Most Liberated Man, I nominate 21st Century.

Unit 14

Corona Kitty

I don't want to discriminate against the homosexual community, it's great that bellgab has plenty of courageous members.

Jojo

Quote from: username on July 04, 2018, 02:19:40 PM
I don't want to discriminate against the homosexual community, it's great that bellgab has plenty of courageous members.
So far, everyone nominated identifies as straight as far as I know.
Unit 14

GravitySucks

Quote from: 14 on July 04, 2018, 03:27:59 PM
Unit 14

That sounds so gay.

Jojo

Quote from: GravitySucks on July 04, 2018, 03:41:04 PM

That sounds so gay.
Isn't it weird how gender roles are formatted?  Like, the forefathers wore wigs with long hair and curls, and their shoes had pretty high heels, which means they would have wiggled when they walked!

Here's a HuffPost article on that:
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/04/16/gender-facts-traditional-roles_n_5115265.html

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: GravitySucks on July 04, 2018, 03:41:04 PM

That sounds so gay.

Everyone being straight? Totally gay! Faggots. ::)

Corona Kitty

Quote from: 14 on July 04, 2018, 03:27:59 PM
Unit 14

That's debatable.

Jojo

Metron2267

WOTR

Quote from: 14 on July 04, 2018, 04:13:44 PM
Isn't it weird how gender roles are formatted?  Like, the forefathers wore wigs with long hair and curls, and their shoes had pretty high heels, which means they would have wiggled when they walked!

Here's a HuffPost article on that:
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/04/16/gender-facts-traditional-roles_n_5115265.html
The entire article misses the mark.  Yup.  Men used to wear wigs, high heels, and people used to dress their boys in pink.  Unless you honestly believe that dressing your boy in pink when all of society does means that the boys were somehow rebelling against gender norms...

If, in the future, a wife beater shirt becomes associated with the female sex it does not mean that the men wearing them today are breaking gender norms.

"In the 18th century, crying was so normalized and even expected that "if you didn't cry at the theatre … you were some kind of lower class boor,"  So what?  Stupid men trying to impress society and show that they were not lower class would turn on the waterworks.  It only goes to show that men through the ages have been stupid to conform to what society expects, least they be seen a "lower class."  Am I honestly supposed to believe that they would be so moved with every performance that they could not help but weep openly, or that they learned what the desired response was, and then produced it?

Finally, "Results of a 2013 survey of 81 women and 27 men in Britain suggested that..." is not a study that anybody should quote.  When a "journalist" tells me that 27 men (all likely on one university campus, in one city) in Britain are going to be used as an example that "all men must feel the same way" it is a giant red flag that the entire article should be condemned to the dustbin.

Metron2267

Quote from: WOTR on October 13, 2018, 11:57:08 PM

The entire article misses the mark.  Yup.  Men used to wear wigs, high heels, and people used to dress their boys in pink.  Unless you honestly believe that dressing your boy in pink when all of society does means that the boys were somehow rebelling against gender norms...

If, in the future, a wife beater shirt becomes associated with the female sex it does not mean that the men wearing them today are breaking gender norms.

"In the 18th century, crying was so normalized and even expected that "if you didn't cry at the theatre … you were some kind of lower class boor,"  So what?  Stupid men trying to impress society and show that they were not lower class would turn on the waterworks.  It only goes to show that men through the ages have been stupid to conform to what society expects, least they be seen a "lower class."  Am I honestly supposed to believe that they would be so moved with every performance that they could not help but weep openly, or that they learned what the desired response was, and then produced it?

Finally, "Results of a 2013 survey of 81 women and 27 men in Britain suggested that..." is not a study that anybody should quote.  When a "journalist" tells me that 27 men (all likely on one university campus, in one city) in Britain are going to be used as an example that "all men must feel the same way" it is a giant red flag that the entire article should be condemned to the dustbin.

An insightful and accurate summary.

I submit we all must wear stovepipe hats and do snuff.

Just cuz...

WOTR

Quote from: Metron2267 on October 14, 2018, 11:52:47 AM
An insightful and accurate summary.

I submit we all must wear stovepipe hats and do snuff.

Just cuz...

Is snuff masculine enough? Many women used it, and I don't want to challenge any gender norms...

Metron2267

As long as we dilligently work on gamahuching them no one will say a word.

Quote from: 14 on July 04, 2018, 04:31:20 AM
For Most Liberated Man, I nominate 21st Century.

Unit 14

It's a toss up between Yorkshire Pud and Sredni really...  Liberated from free speech, the right to self defense, god, culture, history, homeland, countrymen, ethnicity, and masculinity. Men do not come freer.

Jackstar

[attachment=1]

This belongs here. It's got a great beat, and you can dance to it.

Quote from: malachi.martini on October 17, 2018, 10:30:38 PM
Yorkshire Pud and Sredni

I thought this was a thread for men. DISQUALIFIED.

Quote from: Metron2267 on January 21, 2019, 11:59:45 AM

nice.

god i hope that's a biological woman. can't be 100% sure anymore. sheeeit.