• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Dynamo Hum & damon

Started by Richard Groyper, May 09, 2019, 03:54:35 PM

albrecht

Quote from: K_Dubb on May 10, 2019, 10:03:54 PM
I will wrangle with you over this because it is a bugbear of mine.  Language, in the narrow  sense of word choice, serves exactly the same function.  Here is another example (I've already griped about umami and tsunami):  Viking must now be Norse when talking about settlements in North America since the original word connoted piracy and the women and children they took with were not, as far as we know, engaged in piracy (forgetting about Alfhild the famous female Viking).  This dictate came from a well-known academic I think at the museum in Oslo and has radiated throughout the literature.  You can tell how close or current someone is on the subject by which word they employ, i. e. it is a shibboleth.

I think it's silly; I don't think there is any added use value in the term since everyone knows the meaning of Viking that has prevailed for the past century and you always have to explain that "Norse" means people besides Norwegians.  Since I refuse to submit you could conclude that I am not current on the subject (not as current as I'd like to be) or you could say (quite accurately) that I am culturally regressive but, either way, I have conveyed something about my identity.  And, similarly, a person using "Norse" conveys something about his.

edit: forgive me, the dictate came from Birgitta Wallace https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Birgitta_Wallace
1) I have no problem with Viking or Norsk. But like to use the term Norskie in passing conversations but those, primarily, when dealing with current issues/people there or the Norwegian culture here in places. Vikings is, like Scandinavian, a broad term that encompasses a large area and there, as you know, various groups that went various places, so, maybe Norse was trying to pin-down the ones from a certain area who came here before Columbus etc? Idk. I don't like the denial of "Viking" history of conquest, exploration, rape, and pillage. But, at the same time, want people to deal with it as every successful culture has done so and the "Vikings" also had an amazing cosmology and legal system- in some ways much better than others, in keeping with the #metoo era in terms of women's rights, for the time. And the idea in some countries still about reclaiming family land even after years.  But also the interesting balance about allowing use of land for pleasure, hunting, fishing, even if owned by others. I also like the idea of settling feuds at a crossroads on a blanket and outlawery versus decades of fights in a court that, often, only benefit the lawyers and legal system, or personality killing imprisonment. Settle that shit now or GTFO. Cue one of my favorite books " Bleak House" with regard to our legal system, especially on the civil side, even now. But I do think we, collective or Royal we, have a benefit from Common Law ideas there. Ability to adapt quicker to new problems by using precedent.

2) English is awesome, where ever,  because it adopts other terms and changes and has accents, dialects, changes in usage, etc. And is so complex for learning by a foreigner. Not as mathematical or symbolic as others; admit an admiration at some, like German, that make crazy long compound words though. And the weirdness of stick-figures favored by the Orientals is interesting.

K_Dubb

Quote from: albrecht on May 10, 2019, 10:41:45 PM
1) I have no problem with Viking or Norsk. But like to use the term Norskie in passing conversations but those, primarily, when dealing with current issues/people there or the Norwegian culture here in places. Vikings is, like Scandinavian, a broad term that encompasses a large area and there, as you know, various groups that went various places, so, maybe Norse was trying to pin-down the ones from a certain area who came here before Columbus etc? Idk. I don't like the denial of "Viking" history of conquest, exploration, rape, and pillage. But, at the same time, want people to deal with it as every successful culture has done so and the "Vikings" also had an amazing cosmology and legal system- in some ways much better than others, in keeping with the #metoo era in terms of women's rights, for the time. And the idea in some countries still about reclaiming family land even after years.  But also the interesting balance about allowing use of land for pleasure, hunting, fishing, even if owned by others. I also like the idea of settling feuds at a crossroads on a blanket and outlawery versus decades of fights in a court that, often, only benefit the lawyers and legal system, or personality killing imprisonment. Settle that shit now or GTFO. Cue one of my favorite books " Bleak House" with regard to our legal system, especially on the civil side, even now. But I do think we, collective or Royal we, have a benefit from Common Law ideas there. Ability to adapt quicker to new problems by using precedent.

2) English is awesome, where ever,  because it adopts other terms and changes and has accents, dialects, changes in usage, etc. And is so complex for learning by a foreigner. Not as mathematical or symbolic as others; admit an admiration at some, like German, that make crazy long compound words though. And the weirdness of stick-figures favored by the Orientals is interesting.

I think the term "Norse" makes sense as a general one to encompass the speakers of Old Norse way before the individual kingdoms existed, but that wasn't the reason given -- it was the debatable notion that "Viking" meant "pirate".  Personally I favor the etymology tracing it to "vik" for bay, as in the bunch of guys who were always down at the bay working on their boats, like a motorcycle gang working on their bikes.

As far as minimizing conquest, there was a trend a few years back to try to characterize every prehistoric migration as a peaceful infiltration but that doesn't pass the smell test and has more to do with current issues than old ones.

albrecht

Quote from: K_Dubb on May 10, 2019, 11:18:28 PM
I think the term "Norse" makes sense as a general one to encompass the speakers of Old Norse way before the individual kingdoms existed, but that wasn't the reason given -- it was the debatable notion that "Viking" meant "pirate".  Personally I favor the etymology tracing it to "vik" for bay, as in the bunch of guys who were always down at the bay working on their boats, like a motorcycle gang working on their bikes.

As far as minimizing conquest, there was a trend a few years back to try to characterize every prehistoric migration as a peaceful infiltration but that doesn't pass the smell test and has more to do with current issues than old ones.

Peaceful migration is patently absurd as was the past, and then recent, adoration of Indian culture. They killed each en masse and sometime, particularly Plains and in South America, in innoventive ways. But still much to admire. Sing death songs when tortured to death. Let them rip your heart out after losing a ball game and so on. But the sadism is suspect.

Jojo

Quote from: ItsOver on May 09, 2019, 04:57:55 PM
No kidding.  I'd much rather be surrounded by psychos, baking aficionados, The Groyp, and whatever 14 is, besides being a Gab forum double agent.
Thank you, I think.

Rally Squirrel was very mean to Damon about a year ago.  Some people lashed Rally Squirrel, who was incredulous.  But help for Damon came too late; he was upset and ended up doing something "obscene" deliberately which he knew he would be banned for. 

Since then, he has changed how he relates to posters.  He may have become a bit of the monster he was fighting.  I think a lot of people have doxxed Damon and not even for any iota of a good reason.  Seems like he's caught up with them, and is now like in Rome doing as the Romans do.

Damon, the weapons of humor and avoidance go a long way against bullies.  Also, using intelligence to make them look like fools (takes a lot of patience, documentation, and waiting for opportunity though).  But biting back or biting harder only reduces the victim to the level of the bully, unless it's in true self-defense of life or limb.

I will always remember the night that Rally Squirrel got shaved while trying to use Damon for a punching bag, because it was the night I met White Crow.  One of the best nights in my entire life, getting to interact with a person that had some honor.

Which brings me to you, Goryer.  Nice videos but I didn't know slime molds could even be santimonious.

WOTR

Quote from: 14 on May 11, 2019, 01:58:51 AM
Thank you, I think.

Rally Squirrel was very mean to Damon about a year ago.  Some people lashed Rally Squirrel, who was incredulous.  But help for Damon came too late; he was upset and ended up doing something "obscene" deliberately which he knew he would be banned for. 
...Seems like he's caught up with them, and is now like in Rome doing as the Romans do.
But biting back or biting harder only reduces the victim to the level of the bully, unless it's in true self-defense of life or limb.
A couple of thoughts...

Yup- RS was not very nice to Damon. However, the explanation offered almost makes him sound like a victim who had no choice but to post something "obscene." The fact is that we are each responsible for our behaviour online and in real life. If you do something- it is you who did it. This explanation ignores responsibility.

If you follow the "when in Rome" school of thought- you had better be equipped with your own sword and shield and be prepared to have an eye gouged out. Sometimes it is better to stay home on the farm than fight in the Colosseum.

Finally, I disagree that it is best to stay a victim and wait. If you decide not to ignore a taunt, it's best to choke the fucker out. To be honest, MV has probably done Damon a favour. Some people really don't do well on this forum- the Colosseum was not for him, his choke hold was weak, and he could not ignore posters.

To quote pharmaceutical commercials: Bellgab is not for everyone. Side effects can include chapped ass, uncontrollable weeping and sudden onset tourette's syndrome. Consult WOTR prior to engaging others.

Jojo

Quote from: WOTR on May 11, 2019, 02:46:22 AM
A couple of thoughts...

Yup- RS was not very nice to Damon. However, the explanation offered almost makes him sound like a victim who had no choice but to post something "obscene." The fact is that we are each responsible for our behaviour online and in real life. If you do something- it is you who did it. This explanation ignores responsibility.  Your comments simply go a bit further than the ones I expressed.  We are in agreement.  I didn't see the point in taking my expression so far, because it's almost impossible to be a teacher AND a friend.  Point is, I'd rather be Damon's friend than his teacher.  However, I do tell him when he's become the monster, so to speak.

If you follow the "when in Rome" school of thought- you had better be equipped with your own sword and shield and be prepared to have an eye gouged out. Sometimes it is better to stay home on the farm than fight in the Colosseum.  I don't follow the school of Rome thought.  I hate it.  But it was worth mentioning because basically, what is good for the goose is good for the gander.  If others are doing it and not being punished, Damon is well within his perogative to join the bad activity.  Doesn't make it right, though.

Finally, I disagree that it is best to stay a victim and wait. If you decide not to ignore a taunt, it's best to choke the fucker out. To be honest, MV has probably done Damon a favour. Some people really don't do well on this forum- the Colosseum was not for him, his choke hold was weak, and he could not ignore posters.  I didn't say stay a victim; I said avoid.  There is a big difference.  There will always be some people or some types of people one doesn't get along with.  No sense cycling the behavior throughout life when one can just pick one's partners more wisely.  I didn't say ignore.  Avoidance should limit opportunity so there shouldn't BE any bullying to ignore.  If an offense has occurred by all means CTMF (choke the mother fucker) but this forum is big enough and has a good ignore feature so that reasonable avoidance is possible without inconvenience.  Damon seems to have done alright on Ellgab, at least for a while; not sure what's going on now.  A lot of people believe once you go on the offense, you should CTMF.  But, for those who don't want to be critically aggressive, enduring opposition can also have an effect.  As a woman, I've been satisfied in making progress with assholes over time.  It doesn't have to be a crisis all at once.  Sometimes if the bully knows he's going to have to work harder, he will find an easier target.  I think Damon could learn to take a little more refuge in backup.  I understand what you said about the arena here not working for him at that time.  I just am trying to communicate in as positive as manner as possible because to him, these posts are feedback & I'd like mine to be constructive.  He is certainly not a bad person, although when he starts bullying, he loses me there.  He was a "good" person before he tried out new strategies, so maybe he'll find a balance.

To quote pharmaceutical commercials: Bellgab is not for everyone. Side effects can include chapped ass, uncontrollable weeping and sudden onset tourette's syndrome. Consult WOTR prior to engaging others. You just want nicer PMs, "free consultations", lol.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: K_Dubb on May 10, 2019, 10:03:54 PM
I will wrangle with you over this because it is a bugbear of mine.  Language, in the narrow  sense of word choice, serves exactly the same function.  Here is another example (I've already griped about umami and tsunami):  Viking must now be Norse when talking about settlements in North America since the original word connoted piracy and the women and children they took with were not, as far as we know, engaged in piracy (forgetting about Alfhild the famous female Viking).  This dictate came from a well-known academic I think at the museum in Oslo and has radiated throughout the literature.  You can tell how close or current someone is on the subject by which word they employ, i. e. it is a shibboleth.

I think it's silly; I don't think there is any added use value in the term since everyone knows the meaning of Viking that has prevailed for the past century and you always have to explain that "Norse" means people besides Norwegians.  Since I refuse to submit you could conclude that I am not current on the subject (not as current as I'd like to be) or you could say (quite accurately) that I am culturally regressive but, either way, I have conveyed something about my identity.  And, similarly, a person using "Norse" conveys something about his.

edit: forgive me, the dictate came from Birgitta Wallace https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Birgitta_Wallace

In the interest of Anglo-Norsky relations, I will concede you have  a small point although I don't like your example. In your case, it's just you being mulish and refusing a more inclusive nomenclature, because you prefer the word you grew up with. It's natural enough but I don't think it's a hill worth dying on. Over here, if you use the word toilet everyone knows you are a peasant. Loo for the middle class, lavatory if you are an aspiring toff. Prince Charles and I (in one of our few areas of agreement), prefer the word his mother taught him: shitter.
Another one is couch, sofa, settee - a peasant would say settee.

The great British warrior queen who fought the Romans was called Boadicea when I grew up but now it's Boudicaa, Boadicea being its Latinised version. Is it saying something important about my identity that I use the newer word? Not really, I just prefer being correct. Likewise, CE is better than AD because not everybody wants to use the rubric of Christianity. I don't see it as a huge statement, merely a wish to be accurate. Even gender, which I used to sneer at, can be defended. It was a purely linguistic term term before but now it means sex or the sexes because sex is too wide a definition: sex studies and gender studies would connote two very different things.

One of the fascinating things about English is the way it mutates, and to complain about it is akin to trying to prevent the tide coming in. Crazy was used to mean badly put together before its narrower definition of insanity. Practice meant deception. Fond meant weak or soft in the head. And how the hell did we end up with a word like cleave, which can mean to stick together but also to split apart?

WOTR

Quote from: 14 on May 11, 2019, 03:12:36 AM
but this forum is big enough and has a good ignore feature so that reasonable avoidance is possible without inconvenience.

Not as much fun...

Quote from: 14 on May 11, 2019, 03:12:36 AM
You just want nicer PMs...

Do you blame me?   :(

Quote from: WOTR on April 30, 2019, 05:58:17 PM
...I probably get 15 PM's a year- and 10 of those are just to call me a bastard.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: albrecht on May 10, 2019, 10:41:45 PM

English is good for basic communication - there's a reason it's the reserve language in the world, so to speak) but it's very hard to master. People often struggle with the difference between the language as spoken and the language as written. As GBS once said, the word fish could be written down as ghoti (if we used the gh sound from rough, the o from women, the ti from edition) because language has grown up over time without a centralizing influence on orthography. But that's part of its charm and one of the reasons we don't all speak Esperanto and Volapuk.

Jojo

K_Dubb

Quote from: SredniVashtar on May 11, 2019, 03:13:17 AM
In the interest of Anglo-Norsky relations, I will concede you have  a small point although I don't like your example. In your case, it's just you being mulish and refusing a more inclusive nomenclature, because you prefer the word you grew up with. It's natural enough but I don't think it's a hill worth dying on. Over here, if you use the word toilet everyone knows you are a peasant. Loo for the middle class, lavatory if you are an aspiring toff. Prince Charles and I (in one of our few areas of agreement), prefer the word his mother taught him: shitter.
Another one is couch, sofa, settee - a peasant would say settee.

The great British warrior queen who fought the Romans was called Boadicea when I grew up but now it's Boudicaa, Boadicea being its Latinised version. Is it saying something important about my identity that I use the newer word? Not really, I just prefer being correct. Likewise, CE is better than AD because not everybody wants to use the rubric of Christianity. I don't see it as a huge statement, merely a wish to be accurate. Even gender, which I used to sneer at, can be defended. It was a purely linguistic term term before but now it means sex or the sexes because sex is too wide a definition: sex studies and gender studies would connote two very different things.

One of the fascinating things about English is the way it mutates, and to complain about it is akin to trying to prevent the tide coming in. Crazy was used to mean badly put together before its narrower definition of insanity. Practice meant deception. Fond meant weak or soft in the head. And how the hell did we end up with a word like cleave, which can mean to stick together but also to split apart?

And yet you guys sneer at our "bathroom" when it is a direct translation of lavatory with both elements rooted deeply and comfortably in the pure English past.  It's funny, toilet is probably the most arcane foreign euphemism of them all.  Norwegians still say do which survives, doubled, in English as baby-talk.

It was a bad example and mostly an opportunity for further mulishness (irresistible) but it seems to me that your desire to appear accurate/correct is not entirely free from concerns of style, particularly when the changes you adopt so quickly stem from a handful of academics' personal hobby horses and don't bear close examination -- without changing the numbering, the Common Era is a fig leaf.  We are moving much faster than the natural pace of utility-driven evolution.

If English continues down its current path we will wind up with a court language that is the combined product of every academic quibble (which you must master in order to become an official) but which is happily ignored by the population.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: K_Dubb on May 11, 2019, 09:29:27 AM
And yet you guys sneer at our "bathroom" when it is a direct translation of lavatory with both elements rooted deeply and comfortably in the pure English past.  It's funny, toilet is probably the most arcane foreign euphemism of them all.  Norwegians still say do which survives, doubled, in English as baby-talk.

It was a bad example and mostly an opportunity for further mulishness (irresistible) but it seems to me that your desire to appear accurate/correct is not entirely free from concerns of style, particularly when the changes you adopt so quickly stem from a handful of academics' personal hobby horses and don't bear close examination -- without changing the numbering, the Common Era is a fig leaf.  We are moving much faster than the natural pace of utility-driven evolution.

I just looked in my dictionary of etymology and toilet comes from the French toile, for cloth. That makes sense when people called having a wash making their toilet, and you had the groom of the stool who cleaned the royal arse with a washcloth.

CE is a figleaf, no argument there, but I don't think it pretended to be anything else, simply a more appropriate usage. It bothers some people more than me but I can't be bothered to argue over it.

K_Dubb

Quote from: SredniVashtar on May 11, 2019, 09:48:59 AM
I just looked in my dictionary of etymology and toilet comes from the French toile, for cloth. That makes sense when people called having a wash making their toilet, and you had the groom of the stool who cleaned the royal arse with a washcloth.

CE is a figleaf, no argument there, but I don't think it pretended to be anything else, simply a more appropriate usage. It bothers some people more than me but I can't be bothered to argue over it.

Haha yeah it is really the same word as towel.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: WOTR on May 11, 2019, 02:46:22 AM
To be honest, MV has probably done Damon a favour.

Damon is not banned on this forum, if that's what you mean.

albrecht

Do you still have some official position that entails some guy with a snuff-box so that any Lord, on demand, in Parliament can get a quick pinch of snuff? I think it was only for Lords but maybe also Commons?

Kidnostad3

I recall trying to explain the meaning of "Toilet Water" to a daughter who was then in the 1st or 2nd grade after she noticed a bottle of it in the cosmetic section of a department store we were in.  The look of revulsion on her little face cracked me up and I couldn't get the words out so my wife took over and she barely managed an explanation without losing it.  It wasn't one of my more mature moments.     

K_Dubb

Quote from: albrecht on May 11, 2019, 03:26:01 PM
Do you still have some official position that entails some guy with a snuff-box so that any Lord, on demand, in Parliament can get a quick pinch of snuff? I think it was only for Lords but maybe also Commons?

Given that there is a Black Rod, could this not be the original Brown Nose?

Jojo

Quote from: Liberace! on May 11, 2019, 12:56:32 PM
Good news  :).

SredniVashtar

Quote from: K_Dubb on May 11, 2019, 04:11:20 PM

That was quite witty. Props to whoever you stole it from.

albrecht

Quote from: K_Dubb on May 11, 2019, 04:11:20 PM
Well a better socially acceptable, or to explain to a kid, than the other possible root of the expression.  Edit: actually these days the tobacco use would be more verboten than whatever other possible explanation for term, at least in schools and Hollywood.

K_Dubb

Quote from: SredniVashtar on May 11, 2019, 04:17:57 PM
That was quite witty. Props to whoever you stole it from.

Oh come on that barely merited a polite groan -- I was embarrassed to suggest it.  You may regale the boys at the pub with it later, along with "Black Rod is summoned whenever one of the members needs a proper buggering" har har.  With a certain practiced relaxation of the fundament your broad British humor fain gushes forth.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: K_Dubb on May 11, 2019, 05:12:26 PM
Oh come on that barely merited a polite groan -- I was embarrassed to suggest it.  You may regale the boys at the pub with it later, along with "Black Rod is summoned whenever one of the members needs a proper buggering" har har.  With a certain practiced relaxation of the fundament your broad British humor fain gushes forth.

I know, I was just trying to cheer you up. You haven't inflicted any poetry on us for some time, and I was feeling guilty that my pitiless criticism might have dried up the spring of your inspiration. Such as it is.

K_Dubb

Quote from: SredniVashtar on May 11, 2019, 05:17:57 PM
I know, I was just trying to cheer you up. You haven't inflicted any poetry on us for some time, and I was feeling guilty that my pitiless criticism might have dried up the spring of your inspiration. Such as it is.

*snif* Ok I'll work on your sonnet.

K_Dubb

Here you go, a prologue in common meter and a sonnet alla Petrarca, which reads kind of lumpy to our ears accustomed to Shakespearean ABAB... with a neat couplet, but it is an older form and I always wanted to try one:

A gallant privateer beset
By frigates of the Crown,
Her sails aflame, her decks are wet,
And broadsides thunder down.
Eighteen-pound roundshot fills the sky
(That's what the frigate throws)
And our poor guns have no reply
To classically trained prose.
Our Yankee crew seems strangely spent,
Though raked from stem to stern;
"More! More!" they cry, and seem content
To watch their dear ship burn.
With cocksure confidence he shreds
Our institutions grand
And vaunts his learning o'er the heads
Of those who try to stand.
The godless progress he'll extoll,
(in that new Euro style)
Would feed the man but starve the soul --
Of that they're in denial.
With revolutionary zeal
And manner supercilious,
Our culture's destined for his steel.
Observing, I grow bilious.
The damn thing is, he makes me laugh
Though I try hard to frown;
I'd nail my colors to the staff
And, chuckling, gladly drown.
For months I watch this fucker's game,
While bodies heap in stacks;
At last I pick a username
And grab my boarding-axe:

"Avast, dread foe!" my burnished baritone
Rings out across the waves and smoky night,
"You'll find that we have not begun to fight,
And for impieties you will atone!"
With words of sharpened steel we cut to bone,
And, rallied, brave companions lend their might.
(Though in our faith's defence, by dawn's first light,
This boy stood on the burning deck alone.)
But stay!  By what strange magic does my blade
Grow sharper with each stroke, the more I hew,
And, where I wound, does not the gore distill
To that same shade of crimson mine betrayed?
I know not what transpires, that is true,
But I know this:  that what it is, is brill.

AZZERAE

Quote from: Liberace! on May 11, 2019, 12:56:32 PM

He's just too much of a pussy to log in, and take the beating he deserves.

paladin1991

Quote from: Azzerae on May 11, 2019, 11:36:32 PM
He's just too much of a pussy to log in, and take the beating he deserves.
Hou jou fokken bek.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: K_Dubb on May 11, 2019, 11:31:01 PM
Here you go, a prologue in common meter and a sonnet alla Petrarca, which reads kind of lumpy to our ears accustomed to Shakespearean ABAB... with a neat couplet, but it is an older form and I always wanted to try one:

A gallant privateer beset
By frigates of the Crown,
Her sails aflame, her decks are wet,
And broadsides thunder down.
Eighteen-pound roundshot fills the sky
(That's what the frigate throws)
And our poor guns have no reply
To classically trained prose.
Our Yankee crew seems strangely spent,
Though raked from stem to stern;
"More! More!" they cry, and seem content
To watch their dear ship burn.
With cocksure confidence he shreds
Our institutions grand
And vaunts his learning o'er the heads
Of those who try to stand.
The godless progress he'll extoll,
(in that new Euro style)
Would feed the man but starve the soul --
Of that they're in denial.
With revolutionary zeal
And manner supercilious,
Our culture's destined for his steel.
Observing, I grow bilious.
The damn thing is, he makes me laugh
Though I try hard to frown;
I'd nail my colors to the staff
And, chuckling, gladly drown.
For months I watch this fucker's game,
While bodies heap in stacks;
At last I pick a username
And grab my boarding-axe:

"Avast, dread foe!" my burnished baritone
Rings out across the waves and smoky night,
"You'll find that we have not begun to fight,
And for impieties you will atone!"
With words of sharpened steel we cut to bone,
And, rallied, brave companions lend their might.
(Though in our faith's defence, by dawn's first light,
This boy stood on the burning deck alone.)
But stay!  By what strange magic does my blade
Grow sharper with each stroke, the more I hew,
And, where I wound, does not the gore distill
To that same shade of crimson mine betrayed?
I know not what transpires, that is true,
But I know this:  that what it is, is brill.

Oh, I see someone's still smarting from the drubbing I gave them over their preference for incense and votive candles a while back. Feel free to open that wound again, if you can stand the blood loss. Your anaemic prose might not be up to the job and you'd faint before you can raise your battleaxe. Although, let's be honest, most days you'd struggle to lift a paperknife.

SredniVashtar

When I think of all the great poets that died young u: off the top of my head there's Keats, Shelley, Byron, Pushkin, yet k_dubb is still merrily twanging his plastic lyre well into his fifth decade. And they say there's a god?