• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The Other Side of Midnight - Richard C. Hoagland - Live Chat Thread

Started by cosmic hobo, June 24, 2015, 09:00:52 PM

GravitySucks

Quote from: astroguy on January 15, 2018, 12:27:44 AM
Moon doesn't travel through air.

Okay, I can't listen to this anymore.  80 minutes of this level of stupid is enough for me for one night.

It is pretty bizarre. Don’t ask them why there are aquatic fossils in the same layer as salt domes.

astroguy

None of the planets have hydrogen cores.  Another misunderstanding of Neal's that he then abuses to assume things about Earth.

Morgus

Quote from: astroguy on January 15, 2018, 12:17:44 AM
OMFG THIS IS AMAZING.  Two+ minutes spent arguing over a factor of 2 of how fast Moon moves around Earth.
Their whole talking over each other is giving me a headache!

=Schlyder=

LOL this guy is delusional.  Creating his own physics. LOL

albrecht

Quote from: Morgus on January 15, 2018, 12:32:54 AM
Their whole talking over each other is giving me a headache!
Eat 24 eggs and have a toomeric buttermilk shake with some tangy tangerine and this will solve your headache. Or something like that, expertise due to 10,000s of animal necropsies. Oh wait, that was the former show.

=Schlyder=

LOL I missed the fist 90 minutes... I am going to have to listen to the replay.  This guy is retard gold.

albrecht

Quote from: =Schlyder= on January 15, 2018, 12:51:33 AM
LOL I missed the fist 90 minutes... I am going to have to listen to the replay.  This guy is retard gold.
You will have to sign up for a Club 19.5 membership though to do so. Oh wait....Damn it who signed me up for this BTR deal!??

Dick has met his match tonight - a self proclaimed 'scientist' without any education who is an extremely arrogant blowhard.

This guy knows anatomy because he's an amazing artist and that incredible knowledge of anatomy allows him to insist without doubt that T-Rex ran at speeds of 70mph.

albrecht

Quote from: =Schlyder= on January 15, 2018, 01:09:37 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTHzlUQDGmc

elephants can't run
Some stock footage used in Tarzan movies or "Hatari!" etc would've sufficed, and been convincing to RCH.

=Schlyder=

LOL holy fuck this guy.  He is the ultimate Dunning Krugerite

QuoteNow, paleontologist William Sellers from the University of Manchester and his colleagues have crunched the numbers using even more comprehensive information.

According to their results, published this week in the journal PeerJ, the lower end of the estimate is more accurate: T. rex probably could only reach around 12 miles an hour. Any faster, and its bones would have shattered.

Of course trained educated paleontologists are no match for the genius of the guy living in a trailer park who is a really good drawer.

=Schlyder=

has he explained how they get the caramel in the Caramilk bar yet?  LOL

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on January 15, 2018, 01:26:54 AM
Of course trained educated paleontologists are no match for the genius of the guy living in a trailer park who is a really good drawer.

that's the psychological syndrome where dumb people wildly overestimate their own intelligence right?

sociopaths suffer from the same self delusion even if they are calculatingly smart they aren't half as smart as they believe themselves to be relative to those around them.

Dr. MD MD

I highly doubt he lives in a trailer park. He drew the Batman comic in one of it's best eras. I bet he could live off of his convention appearances alone.  ;D

GravitySucks

But how big was the earth then and how strong was the gravity?

I've been wondering if Richard is self aware enough to recognize himself in this guy as he constantly butts in to pontificate pompously?

comaphobe

Quote from: =Schlyder= on January 15, 2018, 01:29:50 AM
has he explained how they get the caramel in the Caramilk bar yet?  LOL

No because they don't have that in America. And let's not get into the Smarties because that's a whole other thing which is much more complicated.

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on January 15, 2018, 01:33:08 AM
I've been wondering if Richard is self aware enough to recognize himself in this guy as he constantly butts in to pontificate pompously?

good point, i concede to the gentleman who taught Bob Ross to paint.

Neal Adams should stick to his art on comic books.  He was one of the best.

=Schlyder=

LOL now he hooked Hoagie.. as soon as he mentioned spin of the universe. LOL

=Schlyder=

yes a great comic book artist. A shame his brain fried from the ink fumes.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on January 15, 2018, 01:34:51 AM
good point, i concede to the gentleman who taught Bob Ross to paint.

Is the gentleman aware that he's talking to himself and did he really teach Bob Ross? ???

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 15, 2018, 01:31:12 AM
I highly doubt he lives in a trailer park. He drew the Batman comic in one of it's best eras. I bet he could live off of his convention appearances alone.  ;D

oh i didn't know that, he illustrated Batman? did he write or just illustrate?

i know a very well known comic book artist, Doug and now I forget his last name, anyway for all his talent and working for the best publishers on the best comic books he makes a pretty average living. He sells original pages to bolster his income at shows.

Quote from: =Schlyder= on January 15, 2018, 01:37:48 AM
yes a great comic book artist. A shame his brain fried from the ink fumes.

Yeah, I have much of his work.  Did a hell of a lot of covers in his day.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on January 15, 2018, 01:38:14 AM
oh i didn't know that, he illustrated Batman? did he write or just illustrate?

i know a very well known comic book artist, Doug and now I forget his last name, anyway for all his talent and working for the best publishers on the best comic books he makes a pretty average living. He sells original pages to bolster his income at shows.

He just drew it. Denny O'Neil was the writer during that era, I believe. Anyway, I'm sure you're friend is good but Neal is top pantheon in the industry. I'm not saying that makes him a scientist but he's likely richer than your friend...a lot richer! ;)

comaphobe

The head of Bob Ross... It kind of looks like Death Star. That's 1 degree of separation from 19.5.