• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

WOTR

Quote from: mv on April 20, 2018, 07:02:05 PM
this is the reason my wife gives as to why she would choose not to remarry if i were to die.  a saint, that woman.

i countered by informing her i'd immediately begin pounding as much beav as possible in the event of her untimely death.
Quote from: anon on April 20, 2018, 07:04:33 PM
you da man, mv!

To be a critic, I would like to point out that some people talk a good game, others are out there doing it. 

MV? Unproven. 

But Art?  Art was "da man." ;)

paladin1991

Quote from: mv on April 20, 2018, 07:02:05 PM
this is the reason my wife gives as to why she would choose not to remarry if i were to die.  a saint, that woman.

i countered by informing her i'd immediately begin pounding as much beav as possible in the event of her untimely death.
https://youtu.be/fRfs8LD-GS8

WOTR

Quote from: ShayP on April 21, 2018, 02:52:38 PM
So, essentially you think she is afraid to do it without Art's guidance?  I can see that.  This is her prime opportunity though to shine through.  I didn't see any evidence before that it could happen.  However, she still could do it, but she has to without Art.  Or, just quit and find another path.

Iv'e said this a few times.  Now is her (only) opportunity to take a show and turn it into hers.  I get that she could not really do it before with Art "guiding" her.  But it is finally completely hers and she can do her subjects and be who she wants to be. 

I suppose there was some comfort that if it failed before it was at least partly Arts fault with him behind the scenes coaching and helping.  Now that safety net is gone. Guess we will see where it goes.

paladin1991

Quote from: mv on April 20, 2018, 07:48:57 PM
were you not offered the show as well?  or did heather freak on you preemptively?  i can't remember half of this shit.

Stop smoking that dope.

Corona Kitty

I believe Heather did the best to her ability, however anyone trying to follow art, its just not happening. That's an act that cannot be followed, I do have respect for Heather, for her efforts going into a proverbial sucide mission.

paladin1991

Quote from: ItsTelly on April 20, 2018, 09:02:30 PM
Unfortunately, she's in Nevada.  Not sure what the law is here.  She hasn't been on since last Thursday. 

Let's say she does quit.  Who will take over Mitd?  Keith? Falkie?  Bateman?  In the later case, it actually might be a good show and give C2C a run for its $$$$.  Maybe Noory will have to start worrying again.

Or does the program die with Art?

Telly

I think MV should take it over and build himself a stable of  'casters.  He could lead in weekly and pass it off to his team.  Cut the show to two hours and continually add content to the website.   Holy Fook! 

Wait here, I'm gonna go get the keys to the Panzer.  Time to 'blitz!

paladin1991

Quote from: chefist on April 20, 2018, 09:19:01 PM
What would we call the premium content? The Champagne Room?

Only if there are condoms, Crisco, skittles and no regrets.  Fo' free.   Because that's how you do a show.

paladin1991

Quote from: chefist on April 20, 2018, 09:24:53 PM
First Sponsor...The Bunny Ranch? Hmmm

Is marijuana legal in NV?  Cash money sponser.

ponyboysunset

Quote from: Hells Mole on April 21, 2018, 09:32:09 PM
Consider that Art Bell himself has been her source for the last couple of years.  He was having to feed this manipulation and behavior.  The public response is nowhere near as edifying to the hunger as a close personal
energy source.
I actually thought about that. I am sure some idiot will get sucked into her vortex of bullshit soon enough.
The “I never said I was quitting” is exactly like Art. All of it is a huge steaming pile of shit. Lol.

Lord Grantham

Quote from: WhiteCrow on April 21, 2018, 07:11:23 PM
How many pages of this now?.. geez ..Keith Rowland  holds the key to everything.. He has been respectfully silent.

WhiteCrow

Last nights gabcast with MV and co-hosts Gravity Sucks and Scentless was excellent!

MV and caller SoucyRossy related some very nice,  interesting and titulating memories of Art, Heather, Hoagie and Bellgab history.

Mysteries solved.

Mrs General (The General's wife) giving MV chit.. WWABD?

Don't want to give anymore away. Listen and you'll enjoy MV at his best...

http://www.ufoship.com/?cat=10

Love and Praise MV. 

Robert

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on April 21, 2018, 05:23:56 PMDammit, you made me Google Joe Franklin!

Joe Franklin, born Joseph Fortgang, was an American radio and television host personality, author and actor from New York City. His television show began in January 1951 on WJZ-TV and moved to WOR-TV from 1962 to 1993. Wikipedia
Born: March 9, 1926, The Bronx, New York City, NY
Died: January 24, 2015, Manhattan, New York City, NY
Cause of death: Prostate cancer
Books: Up Late with Joe Franklin, MORE
Children: Bradley Franklin
Heh.  I'm from the Bronx too.  But the material above isn't even the relevant thing about Joe Franklin, which is that he continued to do an overnight radio interview show until maybe just a year or 2 before his death, and The Joe Franklin Show (both radio & TV versions) was informally subtitled, "A Trip Down Memory Lane".  Most of the people he had on were known figures, usu. from entertainment in some form, & usu. past their prime.  Plus he'd play clips of the dead & otherwise elicit discussion of persons & institutions departed.  He was frequently mocked for his delivery, which sounded a little like someone constipated on, or anticipating going to, the toilet, & he apparently absolutely loved being mocked for it.

I could definitely imagine Noory doing a similar program & doing it well.  Plus, if he has the show-biz aspir'ns it's said he has, he could make valuable cx that way.  And maybe he could sing his own intro, closing, and/or some interludes, because from a video someone linked from here, it seems he really does sing well.

Robert

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 21, 2018, 05:45:43 PMNot after her swipe at Knapp. No way. She burned that bridge with rocket fuel.
Those bridges get rebuilt easily.  After all that time raking Noory over the coals here, he had her on.

Robert

Quote from: anon on April 21, 2018, 07:02:25 PMoh, Art Vandelay, of Vandelay Industries?
You know him?  Around the cor. from Dr. Van Nostrand.

True story: I had a tenant in Brooklyn named Van Ostrand.

Robert

Quote from: WOTR on April 22, 2018, 12:58:02 AMIv'e said this a few times.  Now is her (only) opportunity to take a show and turn it into hers.  I get that she could not really do it before with Art "guiding" her.  But it is finally completely hers and she can do her subjects and be who she wants to be. 

I suppose there was some comfort that if it failed before it was at least partly Arts fault with him behind the scenes coaching and helping.  Now that safety net is gone. Guess we will see where it goes.
This may be the time to remind people of the parallel I drew when she 1st got behind Art's mic.  This morning I can't seem to remember the name of the networked phone-in talk show I listened to 20 yrs. ago whose m.c. died (smoking related) & whose son & erstwhile producer (which he'd been only a fairly short time) took over behind the mic.  The program lost a lot of stations, but I found out later that it carried on w him as m.c. for longer than she'd been on previously.  Since then he moved on to completely different work in aircraft mfr. IIRC.

Hells Mole

Perhaps just a temporary outage, but artbell.com is 504'd.  Dark Matter's website is still up which I thought was on the same server.

Hells Mole

Quote from: dan7800 on April 22, 2018, 07:15:42 AM
Both sites are down for me

I just checked again and for me Dark Matter loads quick but MITD still 504s.

damon

Quote from: Hells Mole on April 22, 2018, 07:16:58 AM
I just checked again and for me Dark Matter loads quick but MITD still 504s.
both sites are down for me too.

Robert

Both loading fine for me, even on this slow computer.  So get linux?  & install a vey old version of Firefox?

DanTSX

Quote from: paladin1991 on April 22, 2018, 02:08:15 AM
Is marijuana legal in NV?  Cash money sponser.

Yes

Retail sales

It’s fucking great

Fyodor Gutman

Quote from: ponyboysunset on April 22, 2018, 04:17:45 AM
The “I never said I was quitting” is exactly like Art. All of it is a huge steaming pile of shit. Lol.

Aye. It is so drama-queen. It plays right into her insecurity.

This woman's a joke.