• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Video Gaming

Started by trostol, December 20, 2015, 02:08:47 AM

Quote from: onan on February 10, 2016, 05:59:21 AM
Yeah you probably ebayed your character.
Don't tell anyone

trostol

finished Firewatch tonight...fantastic game IMO...short...beautiful artwork...some funny..some tense..some dramatic moments in it...

zeebo

Quote from: onan on February 10, 2016, 05:59:21 AM
Yeah you probably ebayed your character.

Wonder how much I'd get for my weak-ass Skyrim elf.  He comes with a broken bow and lots of mead.

trostol

Quote from: zeebo on February 11, 2016, 03:07:00 AM
Wonder how much I'd get for my weak-ass Skyrim elf.  He comes with a broken bow and lots of mead.

did he take an arrow in the knee?

Rix Gins

Quote from: zeebo on February 10, 2016, 12:23:05 AM
I loved the graphics and gameplay (especially the satisfying combat), but it didn't seem as deep or compelling as Morrowind.  I had alot of fun with it at first but then kind of lost interest. 

[/b]MW has better role-playing and to me a much more interesting world, but nowadays I just can't deal with it's sucky combat and clunky interface (especially if you try w/ a controller). 

Solution?  Oblivion?  Nope - I've found Fallout NV to have the best of both worlds (good graphics, gameplay, world, and RPG elements).  :)  My only complaint really is I wish it was alot bigger since it's so much fun.

Zeeb, are you talking the basic computer game or the Skyrim that came on PlayStation or Xbox?  My wife had played Elder Scrolls on our computer for a number of years and she had the entire thing set up before I started playing it, a number of years later.  I've been playing it for several years now, and even when I started to make some progress on the original game, she downloaded some extra challenging adventure tasks (new map areas) that fit like a glove with the original Skyrim game.  They were pretty challenging and I'm still working on one of those quests.  Just wondering why you got jaded with the game.  Know what I mean? 

zeebo

Rix ... Skyrim on PC especially with some good mods is an awesome game in several ways - the graphics are beautiful, the lore pretty cool, and the gameplay is fun .. e.g. for once (after some tweaking) archery actually felt right.  The natural world is a living, breathing place with new discoveries all around.  I remember once cutting through a remote forest at nite and suddenly coming across a dancing flame atronach and feeling this honest sense of wonder.  It does alot of things I liked, enough so that I played many many hours.

But after awhile, I don't know, it just felt a bit shallow I guess.  Like I was just running around doing these tasks but nothing I did, no decisions I made really mattered alot.  My character growth didn't seem to affect the world around me much, e.g. how the other characters treated me, what plot developments opened up, etc.  It's like there wasn't enough at stake for it to feel real. 

This may owe to it being more oriented towards action (which it does quite well) and less RPG elements.  Another reason might've been the leveling system, which just felt off - what kind of place levels with you?  If I'm a weak-ass elf and wander into your mage-cave I should get blasted, and vice versa later in the game. 

Still don't get me wrong, many fun adventures to be had there.  I just wish I could somehow merge Skyrim's fantastic visuals & gameplay with Morrowind's RPG depth & world.  Maybe I'll boot it up with some new mods and a new char and give it another whirl.  May you find good fortune on your future quests!

Rix Gins

Quote from: zeebo on February 11, 2016, 05:41:36 AM
Rix ... Skyrim on PC especially with some good mods is an awesome game in several ways - the graphics are beautiful, the lore pretty cool, and the gameplay is fun .. e.g. for once (after some tweaking) archery actually felt right.  The natural world is a living, breathing place with new discoveries all around.  I remember once cutting through a remote forest at nite and suddenly coming across a dancing flame atronach and feeling this honest sense of wonder.  It does alot of things I liked, enough so that I played many many hours.

But after awhile, I don't know, it just felt kind of shallow I guess.  Like I was just running around doing these tasks but nothing I did, no decisions I made really mattered alot.  My character growth didn't seem to affect the world around me much, e.g. how the other characters treated me, what plot developments opened up, etc.  It's like there wasn't enough at stake for it to feel real. 

This may owe to it being more oriented towards action (which it does quite well) and less RPG elements.  Another reason might've been the leveling system, which just felt off - what kind of place levels with you?  If I'm a weak-ass elf and wander into your mage-cave I should get blasted, and vice versa later in the game. 

Still don't get me wrong, many fun adventures to be had there.  I just wish I could somehow merge Skyrim's fantastic visuals & gameplay with Morrowind's RPG depth & world.  Maybe I'll boot it up with some new mods and a new char and give it another whirl.  May you find good fortune on your future quests!

Thanks, Zeebo, for one of the most eloquent replies I have ever received on BellGab. I totally understand what you say and wish you the best in whatever gaming adventures you persue in the future.  Here is a photo of a moose (or a deer?) that I came across by a lake.  It was totally tame and didn't run away as I walked right up to it. 

I just started a new game called "Fractured Space".

It's basically a MOBA in space using huge and slow capitol ships.  It's compelling game play.  A real treat to play if you are looking for spaceship combat.

Right now you can purchase it for $4.99 for early beta access, but when it's released it will be free.  It's definitely worth $4.99.

One caveat, it has a really steep learning curve to understand tactics, aiming, ship movement and the different strengths/weaknesses of each different ship.

zeebo

Quote from: Rix Gins on February 11, 2016, 05:54:30 AM
Thanks, Zeebo

Sure thing Rix, and if we happen to meet at the local tavern, first mead's on me.   ;)

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Ciardelo on February 13, 2016, 12:44:37 AM
Mad Catz M.O.J.O. Micro-Console for Android

http://sellout.woot.com/offers/mad-catz-m-o-j-o-micro-console-for-android-5

Deal? or no deal?

No deal. It looks like a nice controller but you can pick up a used PS3 contoller (which has Bluetooth and should pair with anything that does) for about $20.

norland2424

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on February 13, 2016, 02:23:49 PM
No deal. It looks like a nice controller but you can pick up a used PS3 contoller (which has Bluetooth and should pair with anything that does) for about $20.

its a gaming console lol not just a controller

Quote from: zeebo on February 12, 2016, 01:23:15 AM
Sure thing Rix, and if we happen to meet at the local tavern, first mead's on me.   ;)

I'd love to join, but I took a fucking arrow to the knee!

Sincerely, Dovahkiin

cweb

Quote from: Ciardelo on February 13, 2016, 12:44:37 AM
Mad Catz M.O.J.O. Micro-Console for Android

http://sellout.woot.com/offers/mad-catz-m-o-j-o-micro-console-for-android-5

Deal? or no deal?
MadCatz as a company is going in the shitter. Might be why they're clearing out inventory and how Woot got this stuff.

If you don't mind some legwork, the Nexus Player is now at $50 at places like Best Buy. Not as powerful and not built specifically for gaming, but a nice device for browsing and emulators.

Related thread:
http://bellgab.com/index.php/topic,7261.0.html

Ciardelo

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on February 13, 2016, 02:23:49 PM

Quote from: cweb on February 13, 2016, 04:51:52 PM
MadCatz as a company is going in the shitter. Might be why they're clearing out inventory and how Woot got this stuff.

If you don't mind some legwork, the Nexus Player is now at $50 at places like Best Buy. Not as powerful and not built specifically for gaming, but a nice device for browsing and emulators.

Related thread:
http://bellgab.com/index.php/topic,7261.0.html

Thanks guys. I guess I'll hold off then.  :D

littlechris

Quote from: rekcuf on February 13, 2016, 03:16:27 PM
I'd love to join, but I took a fucking arrow to the knee!

Sincerely, Dovahkiin

Does anyone know if Bethesda studios is planning to release another elder scrolls/skyrim game in the future?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: norland2424 on February 13, 2016, 02:54:46 PM
its a gaming console lol not just a controller
I know but what's the appeal? Most smartphones and tablets have a way of connecting them to a TV already. All you really need to enjoy your Android games is a decent Bluetooth controller. This is why the Ouja already failed hard  ;)

norland2424

Quote from: littlechris on February 13, 2016, 05:20:50 PM
Does anyone know if Bethesda studios is planning to release another elder scrolls/skyrim game in the future?

I read somewhere if anything production would start next year, and the game would be out around 2019  >:(

norland2424

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on February 13, 2016, 05:25:02 PM
I know but what's the appeal? Most smartphones and tablets have a way of connecting them to a TV already. All you really need to enjoy your Android games is a decent Bluetooth controller. This is why the Ouja already failed hard  ;)

Lol i wouldn't buy it, im just pointing out thats its more then a knock off controller  ;D

littlechris

Quote from: norland2424 on February 13, 2016, 07:56:34 PM
I read somewhere if anything production would start next year, and the game would be out around 2019  >:(

Ughh. Too long of a wait.

trostol

Quote from: littlechris on February 13, 2016, 05:20:50 PM

they still have DLC to put out for FO4 so it will be a bit...but i am sure they already have a dev team working on it,,looks liek they are publishing at least 2 games this year

cweb

To test the next-gen hardware, Bethesda did a technical test where they ported at least part of Skyrim. This has been fueling rumors of a remastered version for the XBone/PS4, which Bethesda has remained noncommittal on.

I think a Skyrim remaster would hold me over until the next Elder Scrolls game. But some Fallout 4 DLC would help too.

norland2424

Quote from: cweb on February 14, 2016, 09:30:07 AM
To test the next-gen hardware, Bethesda did a technical test where they ported at least part of Skyrim. This has been fueling rumors of a remastered version for the XBone/PS4, which Bethesda has remained noncommittal on.

I think a Skyrim remaster would hold me over until the next Elder Scrolls game. But some Fallout 4 DLC would help too.

Yea thats what they used to make the current fallout 4,  a ported bare bones skyrim and i agree i think we all would buy a remastered verison of it.

cweb

Quote from: norland2424 on February 14, 2016, 10:03:33 AM
Yea thats what they used to make the current fallout 4,  a ported bare bones skyrim and i agree i think we all would buy a remastered verison of it.
My secret wish is that they port Oblivion too.

Only issue is that Fallout 4 and Skyrim share the same engine, Oblivion is the same (older) engine as New Vegas.

analog kid

I want a good arpg hack-and-slash dungeon crawler. Good ones are actually pretty rare.
Quote from: Ciardelo on February 13, 2016, 05:15:32 PM
Thanks guys. I guess I'll hold off then.  :D

Not Android, but I wouldn't mind a Steam Link. It's $50 and they released the SDK, so it's getting third party apps and games.

Ciardelo

Quote from: analog kid on February 14, 2016, 08:41:12 PM
I want a good arpg hack-and-slash dungeon crawler. Good ones are actually pretty rare.
Not Android, but I wouldn't mind a Steam Link. It's $50 and they released the SDK, so it's getting third party apps and games.
That looks interesting. I've got quite a few games on my Steam account.

analog kid

Quote from: Ciardelo on February 14, 2016, 09:51:37 PM
That looks interesting. I've got quite a few games on my Steam account.

I got a bunch during the winter sale, but haven't gotten around to downloading them on my slow internet.

Just picked up A Link Between Worlds for the 3DS.

It's awesome so far.

I named my character Dr. Ass, so when I pass people with streetview on they'll see it.