• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Lord Grantham

Quote from: nooryisawesome on November 08, 2017, 12:25:24 AM
Another show that I am disappointed in was Schrader's Beyond the Darkness. I like Schraderon C2C, I liked darkness on the edge of town. But Schrader lost his flagship after they decided to go 100% political.

So that's what happened to Good Dave. I thought the "Darkness Radio" app was just broke and no one ever bothered to fix it.

At least he can fall back on that Ghost Adventures researcher money.
Edit: Oh shit never mind. Zach Baggins takes no prisoners, apparently.

Quote from: 21st Century Man on November 08, 2017, 01:20:13 AM
This is where you and I part.  Yes, there are horrible paranormal guests that are like Noory, flim-flam men.  Joshua Pee Warren, for example.  However, then there are also others in the field who I respect like Malachi Martin, Howard Storm (NDE atheist now Christian),  Adam Blai and Bill Bean among others.

I guess we can't agree on everything.

Most of the horrible flim-flam guests started out on Art Bell's show.  Malachi Martin and the rest either made their stories up, or interected ''the paranormal'' into something that they couldn't explain.  Not being explainable doesn't mean it's due to the paranormal - in fact that's the least likely explanation - but that's been the reaction of man for thousands of years.

When Art decided to come back, I suggested he tweak the show a little bit.  Don't have Hoagland, Streiber, or Dames on.  Ever.  Keep the psychics and new age crap to an absolute minimum.  Expand the show to include more topics of general interest, certainly including interesting developments in science.

After a few weeks, he couldn't end the shows fast enough.  Twice.  Well, no shit.  If people were tired of the same old guests and topics, imagine how Art felt about the doing the same old thing, let alone the time commitment. 

Of course Art knows all, and isn't interested in suggestions.  We can see from his actions the contempt he has for his audience.  We can see his arrogance when he insists Heather is fantastic and everyone else is wrong.  Being great on air and knowing how to run his own board doesn't make him a good talent evaluator, but he thinks it does.

It doesn't take much to have a show once a week, or whenever he feels like it, but he needs direction.  And Ramona is gone.  Oh right, there was a stalker that told him to stay off the air.  Probably from the deep state.  Unless it was a firecracker.  Or just plain made up.

Nobody

Quote from: 21st Century Man on November 08, 2017, 01:20:13 AM
However, then there are also others in the field who I respect like Malachi Martin, Howard Storm (NDE atheist now Christian), 

I see AB interviewed Howard Storm in 2001.  Has he appeared on any other radio programmes?

Zopyrus

No doubt it's been addressed here already, but -- whoa -- Art's recent Facebook panic.

He's drilled all the way through the bottom of the deep end.

Wish he wasn't so damn susceptible to the prevailing news-winds.

I listen sometimes to the golden era -- hoping to affirm my old high regard for the man -- and every time I'm disappointed.  The aw shucks credulity was always there.

Also, hello BellGab.

Quote from: Nobody on November 08, 2017, 04:49:12 PM
I see AB interviewed Howard Storm in 2001.  Has he appeared on any other radio programmes?

I think he was on twice.  Or maybe I heard him one time with someone else.  All I remember is the first one clearly and it was a great show.

WildCard

Quote from: Zopyrus on November 08, 2017, 05:48:34 PM
No doubt it's been addressed here already, but -- whoa -- Art's recent Facebook panic.

He's drilled all the way through the bottom of the deep end.

Wish he wasn't so damn susceptible to the prevailing news-winds.

I listen sometimes to the golden era -- hoping to affirm my old high regard for the man -- and every time I'm disappointed.  The aw shucks credulity was always there.

Also, hello BellGab.

you should join us on the trump thread.
this place is terrible.

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on November 08, 2017, 04:15:59 PM
Most of the horrible flim-flam guests started out on Art Bell's show.  Malachi Martin and the rest either made their stories up, or interected ''the paranormal'' into something that they couldn't explain.  Not being explainable doesn't mean it's due to the paranormal - in fact that's the least likely explanation - but that's been the reaction of man for thousands of years.

When Art decided to come back, I suggested he tweak the show a little bit.  Don't have Hoagland, Streiber, or Dames on.  Ever.  Keep the psychics and new age crap to an absolute minimum.  Expand the show to include more topics of general interest, certainly including interesting developments in science.

After a few weeks, he couldn't end the shows fast enough.  Twice.  Well, no shit.  If people were tired of the same old guests and topics, imagine how Art felt about the doing the same old thing, let alone the time commitment. 

Of course Art knows all, and isn't interested in suggestions.  We can see from his actions the contempt he has for his audience.  We can see his arrogance when he insists Heather is fantastic and everyone else is wrong.  Being great on air and knowing how to run his own board doesn't make him a good talent evaluator, but he thinks it does.

It doesn't take much to have a show once a week, or whenever he feels like it, but he needs direction.  And Ramona is gone.  Oh right, there was a stalker that told him to stay off the air.  Probably from the deep state.  Unless it was a firecracker.  Or just plain made up.

I'm with you about those people though I like Strieber.  Do I think he's a bit nuts?  Yes, but his initial story really captivated me and spurred my interest in UFO's.  I still believe it is a legitimate phenomenon but not sure about Strieber anymore.  I never could get into the science shows much.  Really not my bag.

Swishypants

C2C and Art Bell had a central theme, and that was credulity! If you believed any of the shit you heard on there, then you probably think Jerry Springer wasn't scripted either. It's entertainment people! There might be a smattering of truth in it, as it's needful to produce good content, but it was NEVER meant to be anything other than entertainment!

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: WildCard on November 08, 2017, 05:56:18 PM
you should join us on the trump thread.
this place is terrible.

That's because Trump's the real deal and you know it. MAGA!  ;D

Swishypants

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on November 08, 2017, 06:08:46 PM
That's because Trump's the real deal and you know it. MAGA!  ;D

You sad fucker! You break my heart.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Swishypants on November 08, 2017, 06:09:37 PM
You sad fucker! You break my heart.

You've already been exposed for the bleeding heart Canadian liberal globalist that you are, faggot!  ;D

Corona Kitty

so... is art coming back? asking for a friend.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: username on November 08, 2017, 06:11:44 PM

Not if your show is any measure.  ;D

Swishypants

Liking the Tragically Hip makes me a Canadian Liberal Globalist now. Did you know McCarthy was a Commie himself and his overzealous prosecution of Reds in the 50's destroyed public support for ferreting out collectivist infiltrators in our government for 60 years? The John Birch Society called him out on this very fact and that is why the Republican Party turned on the JBS until just recently.

Swishypants

Quote from: username on November 08, 2017, 06:11:44 PM

You caused it to never be a possibility with you you-ness.

Corona Kitty

Quote from: Swishypants on November 08, 2017, 06:16:34 PM
You caused it to never be a possibility with you you-ness.

So I caused him to lie about a fake shooting? You're smart.

Swishypants

Quote from: username on November 08, 2017, 06:18:05 PM
So I caused him to lie about a fake shooting? You're smart.

Sniperz is real...bitch-nigga!

Zopyrus

Quote from: 21st Century Man on November 08, 2017, 05:59:38 PM
. . . not sure about Strieber  . . .

To me, somewhere along the line, the reams of uninspected pablum finally enclosed and trapped Whitley in a prison of self-lore.  A fate very much paralleled in R.C. Hoagland.

Wasn't Whit a beloved airport novelist, way back when?

Maybe I'm being unfair.

Swishypants

Quote from: Zopyrus on November 08, 2017, 06:21:09 PM
To me, somewhere along the line, the reams of uninspected pablum finally enclosed and trapped Whitley in a prison of self-lore.  A fate very much paralleled in R.C. Hoagland.

Maybe I'm being unfair.

Aliens aren't real. Classified projects are, but Aliens and Bigfoot and all that other jazz is nonsense. It makes for good tall-tale late-night radio though!

Swishypants

P.S. "Area 51" quit being a secret instillation by the late 70's. :)

Quote from: Zopyrus on November 08, 2017, 06:21:09 PM

Maybe I'm being unfair.

He still is to a certain degree.  He writes a lot of legitimate fiction but, yeah, back in the day he wrote the novels, the Hunger and Wolfen so he has a bit of street cred in the horror/sci-fi arena.  You remember the Hunger was turned into a hot flick with Catherine Deneuve, David Bowie and Susan Saranwrap (when she was hot and not so outspoken).  Wolfen was turned into a movie with Albert Finney and the story revolved around  the deaths of a fictional NYC real estate tycoon based on you-know-who. 

Swishypants

Susan Sarandon was always a "fried egg tits" bar-fly 3 A.M. Beer Goggle pick-up man. Come on! She only had a career because she took it where other girls don't.

Quote from: Swishypants on November 08, 2017, 06:35:25 PM
Susan Sarandon was always a "fried egg tits" bar-fly 3 A.M. Beer Goggle pick-up man. Come on! She only had a career because she took it where other girls don't.

LOL.  She's always been willing to do the nasty onscreen.  That is fine with me though she's a bit long in the tooth now.

Swishypants

Meryl Streep is one too! "Oh, Sophie's Choice!" "Oh, she's so versatile!" "Her cheek bones remind me of Mr. Ed!" "She can put her legs behind her head!" All dirty-legs 21st. Crazy-ass "Thespians!" Nothing more.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Swishypants on November 08, 2017, 06:15:14 PM
Liking the Tragically Hip makes me a Canadian Liberal Globalist now. Did you know McCarthy was a Commie himself and his overzealous prosecution of Reds in the 50's destroyed public support for ferreting out collectivist infiltrators in our government for 60 years? The John Birch Society called him out on this very fact and that is why the Republican Party turned on the JBS until just recently.

I just know that you're a stupid faggot troll who's not serious about anything.  ;)

Swishypants

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on November 08, 2017, 06:45:31 PM
I just know that you're a stupid faggot troll who's not serious about anything.  ;)

I'm serious about getting you hooked up with some Obamacare, around 2 A.M. at Obama's house! :)

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Swishypants on November 08, 2017, 06:46:20 PM
I'm serious about getting you hooked up with some Obamacare, around 2 A.M. at Obama's house! :)

Like I said, stupid faggot Canadian troll.  :D