• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

What a crazy year for baseball...

Started by pate, October 01, 2014, 04:09:40 PM

Quote from: Value Of Pi on November 02, 2016, 02:10:52 AM
The Blackhawks have THE best jerseys in hockey, thanks mostly to their logo. I say that as a hockey fan (although never a Blackhawks fan) and self-appointed hockey fashion consultant.

Montreal Canadiens have the best.

Value Of Pi

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on November 02, 2016, 02:30:02 AM
Montreal Canadiens have the best.

1. Blackhawks
2. Canadians
3. Rangers
4. Maple Leafs
5. Bruins
6. Red Wings

I refuse to consider any expansion teams, alive or dead. The Habs are a close second, not just in design terms but as the quintessential hockey jersey/uniform. Still, if you look at a photo of Bobby Hull winding up for a slapshot, you can see why I have the Blackhawks in first place here.

GravitySucks

The Cubs tweeted that the start time for game 7 has been moved up an hour, but I can't find an official MLB announcement. They are expecting rain to move in about 10:15  should be interesting

Guess we will see.

The Cubs tweet didn't include a timezone so maybe they are just giving the time dor Central zone. I'll be watching early just in case.

EDIT: Seems like they did move it up slightly but only to get the game going as soon as possible close to 8pm Eastern.

https://twitter.com/cubs/status/793897258056056832

https://twitter.com/cubs/status/793896204073598976

Quote from: GravitySucks on November 02, 2016, 02:40:07 PM
The Cubs tweeted that the start time for game 7 has been moved up an hour, but I can't find an official MLB announcement. They are expecting rain to move in about 10:15  should be interesting

Guess we will see.

The Cubs tweet didn't include a timezone so maybe they are just giving the time dor Central zone. I'll be watching early just in case.

EDIT: Seems like they did move it up slightly but only to get the game going as soon as possible close to 8pm Eastern.

https://twitter.com/cubs/status/793897258056056832

https://twitter.com/cubs/status/793896204073598976

I heard during the game last night that it was indeed starting at 7 Eastern.  I didn't know rain was moving in though. We haven't had hardly any rain in Georgia since August.  Wish some would come down here.  They banned leaf burning until we can get some rain.

Go Cubbies!

GravitySucks

Getting goosebumps. As a kid, every pickup sandlot game was Game 7 of the World Series and I was starting third baseman for the Cubs. My hero was Ron Santo. I cried when I got picked for the Little League Pirates team instead of the Cubs. I asked for number 10 and played third base. Man, I hope the Cubs can pull this ine out.

albrecht

Quote from: GravitySucks on November 02, 2016, 05:55:29 PM
Getting goosebumps. As a kid, every pickup sandlot game was Game 7 of the World Series and I was starting third baseman for the Cubs. My hero was Ron Santo. I cried when I got picked for the Little League Pirates team instead of the Cubs. I asked for number 10 and played third base. Man, I hope the Cubs can pull this ine out.
Gonna be a fun game I think!

akwilly

Quote from: GravitySucks on November 02, 2016, 05:55:29 PM
the tears will hurt worse now that you are grown up

albrecht

Quote from: akwilly on November 02, 2016, 06:00:43 PM
the tears will hurt worse now that you are grown up
GS and all should bottle those tears and selling them to a certain witch for use in her spells. Maybe that spell will bring Art back?

ps: not going to post about the game during it lest a jinx.

GravitySucks

Quote from: albrecht on November 02, 2016, 06:11:37 PM
GS and all should bottle those tears and selling them to a certain witch for use in her spells. Maybe that spell will bring Art back?

ps: not going to post about the game during it lest a jinx.

WhiteCrow

LOL.. chart.. watching game.. daughter and son in law live in Chicago.. they went to a world series game .. 4 to 1 lead   cubs .. yippie. GS .. GO CUBS

trostol

sorry Cubs fans..that was my bad lol

akwilly

Oh gravity I hope you didn't pop the champagne early

Zetaspeak

What the F! SERIOUSLY.

There is not a thread title more appropriate  than this one for 2016

Joe Maddon is grimly searching the dugout for the Goat of '16. 

Someone is going to claim their place in baseball and Cub lore

Madden took Hendricks and Lewis out too early tonight.  Major mistakes.

It's been fun shitposting with you all, Praise MV!

A 2 strike bunt attempt in that situation?  Anything but a strikeout or popup brings the runner in.

If Cleveland scores here, Maddon can find the goat in the mirror

trostol

glad i do not have a horse in this

and Chapman going back out might be a mistake

Baez bunting on 2 strikes?  Another mistake.  Get the ball in the air with a man on third.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Paper*Boy on November 02, 2016, 09:42:55 PM
A 2 strike bunt attempt in that situation?  Anything but a strikeout or popup brings him in.

If Cleveland scores here, Maddon can find the goat in the mirror

No shit. And he is addicted to Chapman. I don't see them getting out of the 9th.

Quote from: GravitySucks on November 02, 2016, 09:44:19 PM
No shit. And he is addicted to Chapman. I don't see them getting out of the 9th.

Is he out of reliable pitchers?

A bases loaded walk?  A gruesome error?  A horrible call?

How does this one end?

GravitySucks

Quote from: Paper*Boy on November 02, 2016, 09:45:24 PM
Is he out of reliable pitchers?

He has plenty. Lackey. Strop. Rondon. Edwards. Montgomery.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Paper*Boy on November 02, 2016, 09:47:55 PM

How does this one end?

I am guessing balk

Quote from: Paper*Boy on November 02, 2016, 09:47:55 PM

How does this one end?

Donald Trump comes on as a pinch hitter.  Points the bat at center field.  Hits a walk-off game winning Home Run, and Makes Baseball Great Again.

GravitySucks

Or dropped third strike and 3 throwing errors

Zetaspeak

So is this when the fire ball crashes into the earth, therefore having no winner