• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell Bumper Music

Started by MV/Liberace!, January 24, 2009, 02:28:13 AM

MV/Liberace!

Want to hear Art Bell's bumper music?  Click here:
http://www.MikeVandeven.com/

update:  this was previously working ONLY for those using internet explorer.  what a travesty.  i think i have resolved this issue.  please let me know if you experience any problems.

Dego

Mike, tried it in Safari (yes, I have a piece of fruit) and did not play there either.  I checked the error list and it said --
"http://www.mikevandeven.com/wimpy/wimpy.swf    Not found"

I can however go to the page source and access each mp3 file and play them by a direct connect.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Dego on January 24, 2009, 03:30:06 AM
Mike, tried it in Safari (yes, I have a piece of fruit) and did not play there either.  I checked the error list and it said --
"http://www.mikevandeven.com/wimpy/wimpy.swf    Not found"

I can however go to the page source and access each mp3 file and play them by a direct connect.
clear your cache and try again now.

and??

Dego

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on January 24, 2009, 03:38:37 AM
clear your cache and try again now.

and??

That's it!
Now if only I could listen to the Art Bell show replays my life would be complete. :)

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Dego on January 24, 2009, 04:03:23 AM
That's it!
Now if only I could listen to the Art Bell show replays my life would be complete. :)
i will hopefully be launching a shoutcast server soon, and that should resolve all of your "streamer" woes as a mac user.

MV/Liberace!

i am a bit of an audiophile.  as such, i have to ask, did anyone listening to these songs notice that i processed the audio a bit?  tee hee.  i wanted the music to sound as if it's being played through an orban optimod.  "wtf is an orban optimod?" you might ask.  well, i'll tell you.  it's a sophisticated piece of audio processing equipment typically used in the processing chain of FM radio stations.  it's why the music sounds "punchy" when you listen to the radio, as low levels of audio volume are raised in real time and high volume levels are lowered.  however, the optimod does this simultaneously to multiple independent requency ranges rather than just the ENTIRE volume level overall.  ya savvy?   in other words, it levels out the bass frequencies independently, the mid range independently, and the high end... and a few other frequency bands in between.  the result?  heaven.

update:  please don't slap me down for this one, but you'll notice during "year of the cat" that there is some clipping during the intro.  this was created by the processing i applied to the audio.  i tried for about 3 hours tonight to remove this while preserving the overall flavor of things, but with no success.  i will make another attempt later.

also, while listening to these songs, you might notice some of them are flawed in one way or another.  for instance, you might notice that the song ends before the audio completely trails out, etc.  i haven't had a chance to go through all of these recently to correct these problems, so as you listen, i'd appreciate it if you could point out any flaws you hear so that i can rectify the situation.  just let me know in this thread.

sorry i'm so wordy.  i'm on lorcet.  hurt myself.  waaah.

Frys Girl

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on January 24, 2009, 05:40:27 AM
i am a bit of an audiophile.  as such, i have to ask, did anyone listening to these songs notice that i processed the audio a bit?  tee hee.  i wanted the music to sound as if it's being played through an orban optimod.  "wtf is an orban optimod?" you might ask.  well, i'll tell you.  it's a sophisticated piece of audio processing equipment typically used in the processing chain of FM radio stations.  it's why the music sounds "punchy" when you listen to the radio, as low levels of audio volume are raised in real time and high volume levels are lowered.  however, the optimod does this simultaneously to multiple independent requency ranges rather than just the ENTIRE volume level overall.  ya savvy?   in other words, it levels out the bass frequencies independently, the mid range independently, and the high end... and a few other frequency bands in between.  the result?  heaven.

update:  please don't slap me down for this one, but you'll notice during "year of the cat" that there is some clipping during the intro.  this was created by the processing i applied to the audio.  i tried for about 3 hours tonight to remove this while preserving the overall flavor of things, but with no success.  i will make another attempt later.

also, while listening to these songs, you might notice some of them are flawed in one way or another.  for instance, you might notice that the song ends before the audio completely trails out, etc.  i haven't had a chance to go through all of these recently to correct these problems, so as you listen, i'd appreciate it if you could point out any flaws you hear so that i can rectify the situation.  just let me know in this thread.

sorry i'm so wordy.  i'm on lorcet.  hurt myself.  waaah.
Oh do I have an idea FOR YOU. Check your PM.

Thanks Michael! The sound is awesome. Best I have heard off the net.

Max

now thats just cool... I have missed those...

Centurion73

Thank you for the music, it sounds great, all your hard work is appreciated.

sherry440

YOU are such a hero!!! How cool!!!! I never know that "Now it Begins" was called "The Sad Story" or something like that....

I was looking for Ba Boom Ba....or similar. One of his favorites, I believe. GOOD JOB, Michael!!! Have you ever been to Parumph? OR received a message from ARt?

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: sherry440 on February 15, 2009, 04:55:53 PM
Have you ever been to Parumph? OR received a message from ARt?
i once received a message from art's email address which i now have reason to believe wasn't actually him.  the message asked, "does the streamer application contain viruses or spyware?"  the question was a reference to this page on my other website:
http://www.ufoship.com/page.php?16

i DID call his show a couple times back in the 90s, however.   HAHA, i'd love to hear those calls.  it would be so embarrassing.

Centurion73

Quote from: wasitanangel on February 27, 2009, 05:05:48 PM
what is bumper music?

Well this is bumper music.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVa1T9N62hQ&feature

"Bumper music is a term used in the radio broadcasting industry to refer to short clips of music used to buffer transitions between programming elements. Bumper music is commonly employed when a syndicated program takes a break for local station identification or "goes to commercial." More often than not called a "Bump" in today's radio."

wasitanangel

thank you for the answer.  i had to put the answer in babelfish for some of it to make sense.  my first language is portugu?s

Centurion73

Quote from: wasitanangel on February 28, 2009, 12:21:12 PM
thank you for the answer.  i had to put the answer in babelfish for some of it to make sense.  my first language is portugu?s

Interesting, are you in Brazil or from there? When I was working there it was interesting to find out that Portuguese is or was the national language, it is a pretty language and very descriptive but it was difficult for me to grasp. The locals speak so fast that I would just nod a lot and try and smile  ;D

Bumper music is just the music in between breaks for commercials and news basically and the Grace Jones thing was just a play on words but I must admit for some reason I like her off kilter style.

haloedorchid

I wish they would keep the bumper music on the podcasts. Sometimes the bumper music was the best part of the show. And I don't think George Noory was responsible for the music selections. Or is he?

EvB

Quote from: haloedorchid on March 02, 2009, 08:34:08 PM
I wish they would keep the bumper music on the podcasts. Sometimes the bumper music was the best part of the show. And I don't think George Noory was responsible for the music selections. Or is he?

Actually  -- I have to say that this is ONE thing we can't blame on anyone from C2C - It's the whole "let's get extra greedy and carried away with anything that could possibly be intellectual property and sue sue sue" thing. You can BROADCAST songs - you can't provide them for download witout a license.  So - some suit somewhere made them edit even the breif bumps out of the downloads.

As for who picks - I know Art picked his own, (but he was a long time DISK jockey - so he knows what he's about there.) Ian picks some of his own and the producer picks some - I don't know how Knapp handles it - and as for Snoors - well - truthfully he dosn't pay enough attention to his guests to "theme" the bumps so I doubt he picks his own. But then, I don't notice that his music is particularity themed.  Maybe i just don't pay enough attention to HIM!

MV/Liberace!

hmm... looks like godaddy killed my bumper tune player.  going to have to look at alternatives...

EvB

Oh bummer --- Do they pursue those things at all or do they just shut you down?

Ev

Da_Brain

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on April 19, 2009, 10:25:53 PM
hmm... looks like godaddy killed my bumper tune player.  going to have to look at alternatives...

Michael, it also looks like something killed the Art Bell Radio show also. Up until today it was working great on my Grace Internet Radio, but today it won't connect which indicates either the feed was pulled or there's a problem some wheres!

Im keeping my fingers crossed that it comes back on soon. I just can't take listening to Snorry any more! He's getting worse and worse.

Perhaps we should start an emailing campaign over a period of months emailing premier and asking them for a full time replacement for this arrogant asshole? And Im being nice when I say that! It would take a full page of adjectives for how I feel about this guy.

He takes credit for over 500 stations that he's on! Hell, I like to see him start from scratch like Art did and see how many stations would carry his crappy show!  ;:)

Da_Brain

Michael, the feed came back last night and it was funny as hell! You must of left  or recored one of the shows at a really fast spead cause all I heard was Donald Duck Speak--))))

Glad it's back!--))) Thx! ;)

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Da_Brain on April 23, 2009, 11:27:19 AM
Michael, the feed came back last night and it was funny as hell! You must of left  or recored one of the shows at a really fast spead cause all I heard was Donald Duck Speak--))))

Glad it's back!--))) Thx! ;)
haha, yeah, i was having a samplerate issue.

also, the bumper tunes page is working again at MikeVandeven.com

Cheers.

Frys Girl

a.k.a Playlists Alex Jones steals for his show.

Quote from: EvB on March 02, 2009, 09:52:54 PM
As for who picks - I know Art picked his own, (but he was a long time DISK jockey - so he knows what he's about there.) Ian picks some of his own and the producer picks some - I don't know how Knapp handles it - and as for Snoors - well - truthfully he dosn't pay enough attention to his guests to "theme" the bumps so I doubt he picks his own....

Quite a few of George's 'bumps' have that 'Art Bell feel' to them.  He tries so hard to copy Art when he can (never successfully, of course). 

George not being all that interested in putting out a quality product, unless he can do something the easy way (like imitating someone else), my guess is he 'picks' the ones we've heard on Art's shows, and has Tommy or someone choose the others...

I usually listen to either CoastGab or "The Very Best of Art Bell" streaming on my iPod Touch at night when I'm going to sleep.

Last night, I was dozing off to the Dec. 24, 2006 show Art did from the Philippines. There was a bumper song he used after reading the news, but I can't remember if it was before or after the first caller.

Anyways, I've heard the song on C2C before and it's got several female voices over an atmospheric beat, and the "hook" vocals sound like:

"A boom-boom bah! A boom-boom bah!"

I don't know what language it's in.

Does anyone know what this song is?

MV/Liberace!

boom ba by metisse.  it's from the show dead like me.
YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

krepta3000

There is a particular piece of bumper music that I absolutely love hearing, but I can't ever figure out what it is, not from the Coast site.  Whenever it plays, I try to remember to look up the site the next day for the bumper music, and I carefully listen to the samples given of each song.  But I never find it!  The music I'm talking about sounds like hand bells, like in a bell choir, my cousins played in bell choirs at church for years, I love going to their Christmas performances.  What song is that?!  Please, if anyone can help me figure out what it is, I'll be very happy!

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: krepta3000 on May 19, 2010, 07:36:00 PM
There is a particular piece of bumper music that I absolutely love hearing, but I can't ever figure out what it is, not from the Coast site.  Whenever it plays, I try to remember to look up the site the next day for the bumper music, and I carefully listen to the samples given of each song.  But I never find it!  The music I'm talking about sounds like hand bells, like in a bell choir, my cousins played in bell choirs at church for years, I love going to their Christmas performances.  What song is that?!  Please, if anyone can help me figure out what it is, I'll be very happy!
is it in the playlist at mikevandeven.com ?

krepta3000

I just played briefly through all of them.  For now, the answer is no.  But, I haven't listened to the entirety of every song, so, until I do, I guess I should say I don't know.