• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art will be on open lines on April 24th.

Started by workingindreamland, April 17, 2009, 10:02:54 AM

Good news everyone. According to the C2C Website, Art is hosting open lines next Friday. Good to have Art back. In the meantime, let the Snory and Ian bashing continue.

bobcollum

Well, at least there is an opportunity for some site shout-outs.

I tend to skip the open-line themed shows anyway...I'd just assume Snoors does them but what the hell.

Centurion73

Quote from: workingindreamland on April 17, 2009, 10:02:54 AM
Good news everyone. According to the C2C Website, Art is hosting open lines next Friday. Good to have Art back. In the meantime, let the Snory and Ian bashing continue.

I do remember it was a rare treat when Art would do open lines when it was his show so you had to  be on your game if called upon. These weekly so called "open screened line calls" are all mundane and crap now, tis was the day when "open lines" meant something akin to getting that Gold star (hint to someone) when you were a kid. Art just goes through the motions now and even his calls are screened now  as well on so called open line Friday. I will probably listen just because it is Art but that may not even draw me either now that they have scuttled c2c in programing and website (Noory & Punnett.)

Quotelet the Snory and Ian bashing continue.

May your wrords and thoughts live forever.

Art had a full page, though brief (about 2/3 of the page was a picture of Art), interview in the current issue of WIRED about C2CAM. There was nothing there that was new or he hadn't said before, but I did think it was funny how the fill-in host of a radio show gets a full interview in WIRED and the regular host isn't even mentioned.

Art also looks very old in the photo. I'm not sure if it was the lighting or he's just aged a lot recently. The picture was taken outside at night from an odd angle so I think it might just be that.

EvB

yeah, it is short.

As for the photo - overhead lighting is RARELY attractive on anyone - particularly if you're past puberty.

EvB

scooter

Here we go, Everytime Art comes back on, its like Jesus has returned.

nika01

Quote from: scooter on April 21, 2009, 06:19:40 PM

After listening to the Belching of the Devil's Asshole, anyone else is deity.

Frys Girl

ALRIGHT!!!! Awesome! Also, this week, the hummingbirds are back in town. Woohoo!

Da_Brain

Quote from: scooter on April 21, 2009, 06:19:40 PM

Yeah well Thank God! The Snoory show has become Shitsville.

Say Michael, what happened to the Art Bell Radio feed? I went to listen today on my Grace internet radio and no go! I hope it comes back on soon! I'd rather listen to the old Art Bell Shows any day than Noory's Bullshit.

His guests lately are just crap and how many times can we listen to that guy that says the same shit over and over and over about the deaths of Buddy Holly, Jim Morrison, Elvis etc......

I have to laugh when listening to George Knapp taking calls and people pleaing with him to do all the weekends and even take over for Snoory! People are really getting sick of Noory!

Sorry about that #1 GeorgeSnoory Fan! But the Truth is the Truth! --))))  ;)

EvB

QuoteI have to laugh when listening to George Knapp taking calls and people pleaing with him to do all the weekends and even take over for Snoory! People are really getting sick of Noory!

Yeah, I've noticed that too.  What bothers me (and this is petty, I know) is that Knapp will go on about how he loves his regular gig so it isn't possible - which is fine - but both George and Ian mention the other hosts with praise when people say such things to them. It may have just been an oversight, but I sat here thinking "Ahh, Mr, Knapp - isn't the protocol to say, at least, 'we're a team' or some such??"

Oh well - other than the fact that it took me a couple of shows to get beyond his "news man" voice  - I don' t have any real complaints  about Knapp - he's bright, prepared,  and he comes with his full game and a real interest in the topics.  This was just something I noticed in particular Sunday night that made me stop and go "HUH?"

11angeleyes11

Quote from: EvB on April 22, 2009, 04:41:15 PM
Yeah, I've noticed that too.  What bothers me (and this is petty, I know) is that Knapp will go on about how he loves his regular gig so it isn't possible - which is fine - but both George and Ian mention the other hosts with praise when people say such things to them. It may have just been an oversight, but I sat here thinking "Ahh, Mr, Knapp - isn't the protocol to say, at least, 'we're a team' or some such??"

Oh well - other than the fact that it took me a couple of shows to get beyond his "news man" voice  - I don' t have any real complaints  about Knapp - he's bright, prepared,  and he comes with his full game and a real interest in the topics.  This was just something I noticed in particular Sunday night that made me stop and go "HUH?"
I take it too that George Knapp is a television jounalist first and a radio broadcaster second.  Just look at him and you can see that he has the looks of an excellent telvesion journalist.  He makes me hot for the story!

Centurion73

Quote from: EvB on April 22, 2009, 04:41:15 PM

I think it has been becoming more and more clear that Mr. Knapp does not care for the other two and their lack of interviewing skills, questioning, and I think since he is a real journalist/newsperson and they two aforementioned idiots like to play that they are news journalist and that  may irk him somewhat but that is only my opinion. However, Mr. Knapp's two recent rants about c2c being about the unexplained and paranormal and what keeps us up at night was a dig at one or both of them but once again I could be wrong as usual. We all must remember too that he is ART'S friend and he may be saying what Art  cannot what do you think?

EvB

QuoteWe all must remember too that he is ART'S friend and he may be saying what Art  cannot what do you think?

No idea.  Art was not a journalist - at least not formally.  He;s a crack interviewer but I think that has as much to do with personality as anything - that, and experience.  I don't really know Norry's background.  Ian talks about having been a DJ - which is a very different style.

Now, Centurion, can you possibly reply to this without ad hominim attack on the Dispsy DJ-Decon?  ;:)

According to the website, Art will -not- be on this Friday due to "engineering problems in Manila." Why is Art back in Manila?

Some dude named Richard Syrett (sp?) is gonna host.

Da_Brain

Quote from: 11angeleyes11 on April 22, 2009, 08:40:21 PM
I take it too that George Knapp is a television jounalist first and a radio broadcaster second.  Just look at him and you can see that he has the looks of an excellent telvesion journalist.  He makes me hot for the story!

Yes George Knapp is a real good TV news investigator/reporter! I first saw him on TV when I had just moved to Vegas and he was doing a series all week long on UFO's with an in depth interview with John Lear. As I was real active for many years in the UFO field due to let's just say a Very Close Up sighting over Lake Ontario with a friend back in 1976, I decided to call George Knapp up at the TV studio. I got through to George and with a little help I was able to contact John Lear. That night I visited John Lear at his home and discussed the UFO topic with him.

George Knapp is very active in the TV arena and it's his main source of his bread and butter and I have no doubt that he just doesn't have time to do more C2C radio. I know he would if he could.  ;)

Da_Brain

Quote from: RecoveringNoorholic on April 23, 2009, 02:31:39 AM
According to the website, Art will -not- be on this Friday due to "engineering problems in Manila." Why is Art back in Manila?

Some dude named Richard Syrett (sp?) is gonna host.

He's probably visiting wife's relatives and staying in his condo. They seem to have a lot of problems broadcasting the show from there!

I have no idea who this new guy is?????

scooter

Probably one of Noorys bathhouse buddies

moop

He's a talk show host in Canada and according to george does a show along the same subject lines as C2C. George talked briefly with him last night and told him "friday you get to sit on the throne". King George has spoken!

bobcollum

These were some of his topics from January shows:

Quote6    01/20/09 12 AM - COUNTDOWN TO ARMAGEDDON: ONE HOUR SPECIAL
7    01/19/09 11PM - Is An Imposter About To Be Inaugurated?    
8    01/16/09 10PM - THE TALL WHITES INSIDE AREA 51
9    01/15/09 11:30PM - INTERSPECIES TELEPATHIC COMMUNICATION
10    01/15/09 12:30 AM - THE DINOSAUR HUNTER
11    01/15/09 10PM - TOWARDS A CASHLESS SOCIETY    
12    01/14/09 11:30PM - OUT OF BODY EXPERIENCES    
13    01/14/09 10PM - MAGNETIC REVERSALS
14    01/13/09 11 PM - PAST LIFE REGRESSION
15    01/13/09 - 10 PM - BACKSTAGE IN THE GLOBAL THEATRE    
16    01/13/09 12:30AM - COUNTDOWN TO ARMAGEDDON
17    01/12/09 11:30 PM -11:30PM PARANORMAL EXPERIMENT: SOLVING A CHICAGO MURDER CASE FROM 1923
18    01/12/09 10 PM - THE SHIFT TO HYDROGEN
19    01/08/09 10 PM - THINGS SCIENCE CAN'T EXPLAIN    
20    01/09/09 11:30 PM - STATE OF THE UNION

Maybe this guy can steal the job from Snoory? I'm already assuming he is much better, as his face on the site is only half of what Snoor's is.

Frys Girl

I wanted to shoot myself when I heard this. I remember it exactly. My dog was in bed with me and she was moving around because she needed to pee and I heard someone kissing ass to an insane extent about being allowed to host tomorrow and I was like "did you not get the memo you dipstick licker? Art is hosting!" Go twitter yourself on your vacation George.

11angeleyes11

I am looking forward to hearing him.  Maybe our prayers have been answered and King George will be dethroned and thrown to the rats with Dansheiser. 

Centurion73

Quote from: EvB on April 23, 2009, 12:03:54 AM
No idea.  Art was not a journalist - at least not formally.  He;s a crack interviewer but I think that has as much to do with personality as anything - that, and experience.  I don't really know Norry's background.  Ian talks about having been a DJ - which is a very different style.

Now, Centurion, can you possibly reply to this without ad hominim attack on the Dispsy DJ-Decon?  ;:)

I did not come up with the Dipsy Deacon  wish I did  ;D.

Com on you never heard Noory say he was he youngest news director in the USA at one time and that he eats so fast because he would have to get back to a story? Is it a vodka frosting night?

bobcollum

This guy's voice is like a combination of Punnett and Knapp...I kid you not. I also think he just said "aboot".

EvB

QuoteCom on you never heard Noory say he was he youngest news director in the USA at one time and that he eats so fast because he would have to get back to a story? Is it a vodka frosting night?

No, it's more that I use George for background noise and pay very little attention to what he actually says. Some things make it though the filter of my need to focus on ohter things, some don't.  This didn't

And, I'm glad.  That sound slike one of those moments that would have made me a bit queasy.

MV/Liberace!

speaking of q&a with art...
did anybody read the comments following the article?  almost ENTIRELY anti-snoors.

Centurion73

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on May 14, 2009, 06:28:02 AM
speaking of q&a with art...
did anybody read the comments following the article?  almost ENTIRELY anti-snoors.

Really! Now I have to read it thanks, I am telling you I think that is why Knapp has been making the statements that c2c should be and was designed for the paranormal and things like that. He has done it more than once now and said it after someone asked him about doing a financial show I think but I could be wrong yet again?