• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art teaches Airyn

Started by EvB, February 06, 2009, 11:45:16 PM

EvB

to SHOOT!  What a HOOT!

This reminds me, in a way, of Cat Ballou!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0UsYeUWat0

Is that a .357 mag rev? Or a .44? Either way...Holy shit I think I love her now.

Centurion73

Quote from: Pirate King Atomsk on February 07, 2009, 01:35:47 AM
Is that a .357 mag rev? Or a .44? Either way...Holy shit I think I love her now.

Looks like a .38 appropriate for someone of her size.

MV/Liberace!

as someone who tends to carry a .45 everywhere i go, i always loved art's affinity for guns... and i especially love the fact he's teaching his wife to shoot.  i have the same plans with my wife once the snow melts here and the shooting range becomes accessible.

EvB

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on February 07, 2009, 11:34:19 AM
as someone who tends to carry a .45 everywhere i go, i always loved art's affinity for guns... and i especially love the fact he's teaching his wife to shoot.  i have the same plans with my wife once the snow melts here and the shooting range becomes accessible.

I don't do guns.  It's not a moral issue - it's a self-knowledge issue.  Every time I imagine myself in a situation where a gun would be needed - I see myself freezing, or at least hesitating, the gun be ripped from me - and me with - a the very least - egg on my face having just provided my attacker with a weapon.

So far, my weapon of choice has been my "beserker" act, though I've never had to use it on anyone with an intent to do me serius bodily harm.  Still - it always amazes me how people who back off from trying to bully me tend to do so with a victum attitude.  "Gee, all I wanted was to take your purse - but YOU are nucking futs!"  How RUDE of me!

Centurion73

Quote from: Frys Girl on February 07, 2009, 04:56:26 PM
What for?
I would imagine for personal protection of life & that of his loved ones.

Quoteas someone who tends to carry a .45 everywhere i go

Damn, I thought I was one of the few old dogs who toted a .45, guess not. A lot of people still carry the 9mm and .40 but you want them to stay down just be on target with a .45 as I am sure Mr. MV knows.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Centurion73 on February 07, 2009, 07:23:07 PM
but you want them to stay down just be on target with a .45 as I am sure Mr. MV knows.
haha... bigger holes are better.

I didn't know it was that kind of website.

Well, since we're whipping them out, here's mine:

Someday, I might share my story of deadly aim I affectionately call "Up the Skirt of the Avon Lady."

EvB

QuoteSomeday, I might share my story of deadly aim I affectionately call "Up the Skirt of the Avon Lady."

Mwahahahhahaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Caruthers612

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on February 07, 2009, 09:18:02 PM
because i can.

Sir, you have spoken for me. ;-) And as someone else mentioned, I have always liked Art's affinity for guns. The way he speaks about them, easily and casually, is so refreshing in this age in which a gun has been made into the boogeyman by weird people with too much time on their hands and no connection to any reality I know. Art's manner on this subject reminds me that there are still plenty of people who do not get hysterical at the mention of a gun, but, as has always been the case, see it simply as a tool, like a hammer or a lawnmower. It has its purposes and uses, like any tool, and while it must be respected, due to its potential for causing harm, the same must be said about automobiles and hammers.
       Now, as to the photo of Erin firing the gun, for those of us who were half in love with her already, and thinking seriously of mail ordering ourselves our own tiny companion, I almost experienced a complete Chernobyl when I saw that. She seems to be just everything a certain kind of man could want, from what one can know of her.
      Of course, finding the right gal, whether through agencies that help you do so or through bumping into her as you turn the corner, comes down to dumb luck. That is the conclusion I have come to. I no longer believe there is anything you can do to increase your chances of meeting a "like-minded person". It's not about that. It's about one particular individual. I guess the only thing you can do that might help is to be true to yourself, find out who you are and then be that person, make your life the outward expression of your true nature.
        And if that doesn't work, there's always Svetlana from Vladivostok. Note how she pushes her boobs together in one photo, and yet extends her ass invitingly as she pushes against a tree in the next. What mortal man could resist. :-0

M

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Mordred478 on February 08, 2009, 08:11:52 AM
The way he speaks about them, easily and casually, is so refreshing in this age in which a gun has been made into the boogeyman by weird people with too much time on their hands and no connection to any reality I know.
fucking EXACTLY.  i am so tired of this explicitly modern philosophy that suggests one who owns/carries/uses/admires guns must be paranoid or generally irresponsible.  complete bullshit.  i also reject ENTIRELY the notion that having a gun makes me more likely to be hurt.  tell it to bernie goetz and see what he has to say on the matter.

Of course, finding the right gal, whether through agencies that help you do so or through bumping into her as you turn the corner, comes down to dumb luck.
this also is very true.  it would be a really lengthy endeavor to list the ways in which my wife and i differ.  so why do we work so well together?  i really don't know.  haha... honestly, that's the answer.  i just don't know.  as you say, it's just luck.  i think if we were completely like minded as many prospective couples seek to be, perhaps our marriage would blow goat.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: EvB on February 07, 2009, 01:57:42 PM
I don't do guns.  It's not a moral issue - it's a self-knowledge issue.  Every time I imagine myself in a situation where a gun would be needed - I see myself freezing, or at least hesitating, the gun be ripped from me - and me with - a the very least - egg on my face having just provided my attacker with a weapon.
haha, well, at least you know your limitations. 

there are a lot of people out there who really do need a lot more training with their conceal/carry weapon.  the state isn't extremely demanding in terms of the training one must undergo to get the license.   the course is about 8 hours long, and while it does require people to shoot a gun, it's just not enough in my view.

i also support background checks and waiting periods for people who want to buy hand guns.  in other words, i'm not a kook or a lieutenant in some militia in montana.

Frys Girl

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on February 08, 2009, 02:05:40 PM
haha, well, at least you know your limitations. 

there are a lot of people out there who really do need a lot more training with their conceal/carry weapon.  the state isn't extremely demanding in terms of the training one must undergo to get the license.   the course is about 8 hours long, and while it does require people to shoot a gun, it's just not enough in my view.

i also support background checks and waiting periods for people who want to buy hand guns.  in other words, i'm not a kook or a lieutenant in some militia in montana.
I don't really have a problem with conceal/carry except for this. I had a class a while back with an insane insane girl. I'm not kidding. This girl had anger issues. She was also someone who liked to argue. She then told everyone how she supports conceal/carry law for university and we all were like "uhhhhhh coming from you?" I don't really know anything about guns. I'm ok with it for protection and Mike doesn't strike me as a nut of any kind. I just wanted to know if maybe you used it for your job! Jesus of course I know about personal protection.

Centurion73

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on February 08, 2009, 02:05:40 PM
i also support background checks and waiting periods for people who want to buy hand guns. 

All those are good things and needed it is good to hear someone whom agrees with it. I have to qualify 2 times a year to keep my job and that is not just time on the range it's a full 40 hr week of liability, safety, nomenclature, etc. That is 64 hrs of class time and only 16 on the range and like you said a civilian only has to do 8 hrs one time that is insane.

Quotei also reject ENTIRELY the notion that having a gun makes me more likely to be hurt.

I would like to see that study I think that has long been proven false and discredited.

Frys Girl

It's much better to educate people about guns and regulate them properly than outlaw them and expect people not to screw around.

I feel the same way about drugs. ESPECIALLY pot. It's much cheaper too. So many wasted resources going after guns and drugs.

EvB

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on February 08, 2009, 01:57:58 PM
i also reject ENTIRELY the notion that having a gun makes me more likely to be hurt. 

Quote from: Centurion73 on February 08, 2009, 04:03:34 PM
I would like to see that study I think that has long been proven false and discredited.

I know it's not really funny - but I had to laugh!  All I could think reading these two comments was "this is the kind of idea spread by klutzes like me - cuz for ME - it IS TRUE!"

I do think there have to be limits on where one can carry a gun - though they'd be very specific.  I'd hate, for example, to see any but professionals allowed to carry guns on a college campus.  I could be totally off base about that - but it seems to me that they're volatile places with many young people who can be too easily influenced by mass hysteria - I'd find it scary.  I DO understand that someone who is completely bonkers is gonna get a gun if they are "allowed" or not.  And, they will do bonkers things with it.  But am I completely wrong to worry that allowing young people in stressful circumstances to "pack" - even if they are trustworthy under ohter circumstances - is asking for trouble?

Centurion73

Quote from: EvB on February 08, 2009, 06:03:31 PM

I do think there have to be limits on where one can carry a gun - though they'd be very specific.  I'd hate, for example, to see any but professionals allowed to carry guns on a college campus.
" ...  But am I completely wrong to worry that allowing young people in stressful circumstances to "pack" - even if they are trustworthy under ohter circumstances - is asking for trouble?

The standard is that you need to be at least 21 to be able to legally carry and possess a firearm, the military is an exception. I think that teachers that are trained should be able to carry concealed and would have saved a lot of lives at Virginia Tech, Columbine, etc.

Frys Girl

Quote from: Centurion73 on February 08, 2009, 07:43:13 PM
I think that teachers that are trained should be able to carry concealed and would have saved a lot of lives at Virginia Tech, Columbine, etc.
I agree. I agree. I never thought I would but I do.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Frys Girl on February 08, 2009, 05:26:38 PM
I feel the same way about drugs. ESPECIALLY pot.
amen.  christ i couldn't agree more.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Centurion73 on February 08, 2009, 07:43:13 PM
I think that teachers that are trained should be able to carry concealed and would have saved a lot of lives at Virginia Tech, Columbine, etc.
i think after virginia tech, the first thing the survivors thought after getting their heads clear was, "if i'd only had a gun."

and god bless that holocaust surviving professor.  imagine... you survive hitler only to be killed by some un-laid douche with a speech impediment.

EvB

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on February 09, 2009, 02:15:56 AM

and god bless that holocaust surviving professor.  imagine... you survive hitler only to be killed by some un-laid douche with a speech impediment.

That one got to me too.  I cried.  Not that they were not ALL worth crying for - but - as you say - that story had a particular poignancy.

I carry an CO2 bb replica glock .45 in my car, mostly for aesthetic purposes. It's powerful for a bb gun though. I can probably kill something as big as a squirrel with it with one shot. The only real gun I ever had was a .44 mag. I believe deeply in the second amendment though, and although I don't currently own any actual guns, I plan on starting a collection someday soon. For now, my replica is great for target practice, and I can shoot it out by my house without anyone complaining.

Max

Quote from: Frys Girl on February 07, 2009, 04:56:26 PM
What for?

he drives truck if you dont understand that well damn, and there were places most would not considering going into without one..

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on February 09, 2009, 02:15:56 AM

If you have thomethin to thay, man, jus fuckin thay it, damn it.  I mean, shith, Mikel.

(laughing)

This is the most personal I will ever get on this site and it will be the last time I'm such an open book.  I'm a private bastard.

Yesterday I visited the grave of a friend.  He was a tunnel rat in Vietnam.  He made it through that hellish experience, only to die in 2002 from a jacked up car falling on him while he was working on it.  He was an experienced mechanic, but evidently something went askew.  I have my suspicions otherwise regarding the event, but I could never prove anything - that might just be me in a little bit of denial, not wanting to accept something so meaningless.  Despite his years of working on cars and trucks in a professional capacity, it only takes one unforgiving blistering mistake.

But to survive that kind of military environment only to be crushed by a car years later irritates the Holy Fuck out of me and is beyond acceptable in a balanced world, though perfectly okey dokey pokey in a mad world.

I got rid of my Winchester Defender about a year ago - I'm fairly certain that was the same type of firearm he carried in the tunnels on point. 

We all deal with death in different ways.  Visiting his grave makes me want to get the shotgun back and blow an old car into oblivion.

Lieutenant Corporal David Neil Adkins
U S Marine Corp
March 23, 1950 - November 5, 2002
Purple Heart

Well, Admiral Nelson just gave the order for the USS Seaview to dive.  See ya at the Bottom of the Sea - or in another life.

- Captain Lee Camazotz Crane, Over and Out.

Frys Girl

Quote from: Max on February 09, 2009, 05:51:40 AM
he drives truck if you dont understand that well damn, and there were places most would not considering going into without one..
Last year I was robbed twice. I watch 48 hours and I constantly worry that buffalo bill types are nearby. My parents, my dad I should say, has encouraged gun ownership for me. I am also a teacher. I have one very creepy ass student. I'm not saying I would USE the gun, but I would like to have the option of drawing if I needed to.

EvB

Quote from: Pirate King Atomsk on February 09, 2009, 05:18:06 AM
I carry an CO2 bb replica glock .45 in my car, mostly for aesthetic purposes. It's powerful for a bb gun though. I can probably kill something as big as a squirrel with it with one shot.

OMG!  Despite what I said about fearing to carry - I do have "target shoot" fantasies. Where could I get one of these puppies?  My birthday is coming up . . .

Centurion73

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on February 09, 2009, 10:04:48 AM
This is the most personal I will ever get on this site and it will be the last time I'm such an open book.  I'm a private bastard.

Yesterday I visited the grave of a friend.  He was a tunnel rat in Vietnam.  He made it through that hellish experience, only to die in 2002 from a jacked up car falling on him while he was working on it.

Lieutenant Corporal David Neil Adkins
U S Marine Corp
March 23, 1950 - November 5, 2002
Purple Heart

I thank you for that story and for honoring my bro's memory with your words and I offer this to his memory.

[attach=2]

SAEPE EXPERTUS, SEMPER FIDELIS, FRATRES AETERNI