• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

What is your favorite lesser-known Art Bell episode?

Started by Sarah, November 04, 2015, 02:37:20 AM

Sarah

Most "best of Art Bell" lists tend to feature the following awesome but well known classics:

- Mike "Madman" Marcum and his time travel devices;
- Jonathan Reed and his alien in the freezer;
- Mel's hole;
- David Paulides and the missing 411;
- Father Malakai Martin's exorcism interviews;
- That Area 51 caller who was cut-off before being triangulated;
- EVP episodes with members of the G. I. S.

I've already thoroughly enjoyed listening to these episodes and am desperately seeking some new favorites to enjoy.

I listen to Art Bell during my early morning run and really good episodes are like gold to me  :)!

Which Ghost to Ghost episode do you consider to be the all-time best?

Sarah

I'm not sure what Rodney refers to?

Was the the first name of a guest that was interviews at some time about some thing over the past 40 years?

Juan

Rodney's wife and her girlfriend enjoyed channeling spirits.  Rodney modified several electronic rodent repellers, and when the women next channeled a spirit, Rodney plugged in the devices.  They created a force field and trapped the spirit inside.  Rodney was afraid to "let the spirit out."  He and Art chatted about the feared consequences.

Uncle Duke

The night he did the "date from hell" special line.  Made me feel much better about myself and my dating experiences from the past.

Weirdoradio

There's an episode with Jim Marrs from June 1997 that's gold for thr callers alone. The kooks really came out of the woods that night.

albrecht

8/14/97 Wendy Lockwood on Atlantis and then Mr.Fidget, an epic show and it was hilarious listening to Art try to keep it together with Wendy Lockwood's tales and theories.

chefist

I appreciate this thread and the suggestions! Thanks! I just listened to the Trumball county UFO case with Art...it was amazing!

The General

There's one about a guy named Patrick Combs that actually deposited a fake check that looked real into his bank account.  It was one of those fake checks you get in the mail, it looks like a real check but it's just an ad.  It was really a pretty interesting story.  It aired 08-21-95.

There's also Larry Walters, the guy who attached helium balloons to his lawn chair and flew into controlled airspace over LAX.  Hilarious and true.  it aired April 2, 2002

henge0stone

Quote from: Sarah on November 04, 2015, 02:37:20 AM
Most "best of Art Bell" lists tend to feature the following awesome but well known classics:

- Mike "Madman" Marcum and his time travel devices;
- Jonathan Reed and his alien in the freezer;
- Mel's hole;
- David Paulides and the missing 411;
- Father Malakai Martin's exorcism interviews;
- That Area 51 caller who was cut-off before being triangulated;
- EVP episodes with members of the G. I. S.

I've already thoroughly enjoyed listening to these episodes and am desperately seeking some new favorites to enjoy.

I listen to Art Bell during my early morning run and really good episodes are like gold to me  :)!

Which Ghost to Ghost episode do you consider to be the all-time best?

Looking for new shows?
Not sure if you have the torrent yet,
http://bellgab.com/index.php/topic,5021.0.html 
1300 shows there.

2000-03-23 Antarctic, Davenport UFOs & Aliens & Giants in the Bible - John Milor
A really good show with lots of variation. We get to hear about living in the Antarctic, then John Milor who wrote about Aliens in the Bible. It was far more interesting than normal ancient aliens guests, a lot about religion and giants in the bible (a personal favorite). One of the best parts was how Art asked the really tough questions, really holding nothing back.

Coffeeman

Probably the Stanislav Lunev and the Robert Anton Wilson, the Illuminatus! author.

albrecht

Quote from: Coffeeman on November 04, 2015, 05:34:42 PM
Probably the Stanislav Lunev and the Robert Anton Wilson, the Illuminatus! author.
They were good ones. If Lunev is still alive it would be great to have him on again with regard to the current Russian situation and new "Cold War" started under this administration.

I liked when Art had weird news expanded to mini-shows: like blowing up the whale, the "fake" check actually accept for deposit, etc. And also enjoyed the "dramatic" on-going stuff like the problem at the Antarctic Station, with updates on rumors and reports from RCH and LMH, and the coverage of OKC.

Brewhound

There is an episode where Art interviews Gordon Lightfoot.  It was really cool.  I don't think Gordon does too many and Art's skill as an interviewer (and a music fan) drew out some really cool stories.  Sorry, I don't know when it aired.  Long ago...Someday maybe I will figure out the torrent thing...

coaster

Don't know if it's a lesser-known show, but the Trumbull County UFO sighting is probably my favorite show.

albrecht

Quote from: Brewhound on November 04, 2015, 06:50:21 PM
There is an episode where Art interviews Gordon Lightfoot.  It was really cool.  I don't think Gordon does too many and Art's skill as an interviewer (and a music fan) drew out some really cool stories.  Sorry, I don't know when it aired.  Long ago...Someday maybe I will figure out the torrent thing...
That was a nice show and Gordon was pretty candid, not a long show though, as I recall. Art has had so many good guests that were 'popular' or not the normal C2C type of stuff and I hope he continues with that also sometimes. I love UFO, conspiracy, paranormal but also like the interviews with other folks. I'm think Dan Ackroyd would be good and revisit some of the older ones, Willie, alternative political candidates, etc.

sydtron

The night BEFORE the Sept 11 attacks. Art had on a guy about Pirate Radio.
They played clips from pirate radio stations.  And talked about it in general.  Art tells the story about being on Amarillo AFB and setting up his own pirate station. It did so well that his station appeared in the Arbitron ratings.blol.

henge0stone

Quote from: coaster on November 04, 2015, 06:53:39 PM
Don't know if it's a lesser-known show, but the Trumbull County UFO sighting is probably my favorite show.

It's not up there as one of the shows Art references often (though sometimes) so I would say its not as well known. It really was one of the all time best shows. I Love primary source recordings and this one takes the cake. The whole recording unfolds like a radio play of close encounters.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: sydtron on November 04, 2015, 07:00:03 PM
The night BEFORE the Sept 11 attacks. Art had on a guy about Pirate Radio.
They played clips from pirate radio stations.  And talked about it in general.  Art tells the story about being on Amarillo AFB and setting up his own pirate station. It did so well that his station appeared in the Arbitron ratings.blol.

This reminded me of a show Art did with one of his shortwave radio buddies.  They talked about and played sound bytes of unusual broadcasts/messages/signals he'd recorded over the years.  Some of the standard stuff, number stations and the Russian woodpecker, but then some really cryptic messages/signals the guest claimed were HAARP, black operators, EAMs, etc.  Very strange stuff, no idea what most of it was, but if it was not a sham, it was a little scary.

albrecht

Quote from: Uncle Duke on November 04, 2015, 08:45:52 PM
This reminded me of a show Art did with one of his shortwave radio buddies.  They talked about and played sound bytes of unusual broadcasts/messages/signals he'd recorded over the years.  Some of the standard stuff, number stations and the Russian woodpecker, but then some really cryptic messages/signals the guest claimed were HAARP, black operators, EAMs, etc.  Very strange stuff, no idea what most of it was, but if it was not a sham, it was a little scary.
Any idea of date (or even date range,) name, etc? I love SW and the weird stuff on radio and want to hear and don't recall this one.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: albrecht on November 04, 2015, 08:48:21 PM
Any idea of date (or even date range,) name, etc? I love SW and the weird stuff on radio and want to hear and don't recall this one.

Not really, other than I'm pretty sure it was post 9/11.  As I recall, the guest blamed Homeland Security for some of the stuff he recorded.  If you dropped Art an email, he could almost certainly give you the guy's name since they were apparently long time buds.

albrecht

Quote from: Uncle Duke on November 04, 2015, 08:57:11 PM
Not really, other than I'm pretty sure it was post 9/11.  As I recall, the guest blamed Homeland Security for some of the stuff he recorded.  If you dropped Art an email, he could almost certainly give you the guy's name since they were apparently long time buds.
Ah, I will investigate because one I missed, but if your timeline was accurate about 9/11 I was overseas those years and couldn't listen to C2C/Art; which would explain the miss. I had reckoned this would've been an early show (back when "radio" was still more popular) so thanks for the date reference. I will track it down, thanks!

Uncle Duke

Quote from: henge0stone on November 04, 2015, 07:32:58 PM
It's not up there as one of the shows Art references often (though sometimes) so I would say its not as well known. It really was one of the all time best shows. I Love primary source recordings and this one takes the cake. The whole recording unfolds like a radio play of close encounters.

Just occurred to me, this is the show Kenny Young did with Art.  Young was a local (Cincinnati) UFO/Bigfoot guy who did a cable access UFO show, think "Wayne's World"  meets ufology.  I never met him, but did see some of his shows and read some stuff he wrote.  Sadly he passed away at an early age, I sure he wasn't forty yet, back a decade or so ago.  I found a website a few years back that archived a good amount of his reports, articles, and radio work.  If I can find it again, I'll post a link to it for those interested.

jazmunda

One of my favourite shows is one from 2000 with Desert Chad re: The Mojave Phone Booth. The other half of the show was about Urban Legends with Richard Roeper.

I have recommended Richard and the topic of Urban Legends to Heather. I think it would be a fascinating topic to revisit.

Sarah

Quote from: coaster on November 04, 2015, 06:53:39 PM

Ah, pure awesome! That show aired on 26 February 1999 and I'm getting a copy now and will be listening during tomorrows morning run!

This makes me so happy I can't wait to hear it!

Thank you so much!!!

Lord Grantham

The "Spiricom" fraud show from 2009 where it was revealed that the spiricom tapes were recorded by a schizophrenic man who lived in a half burned down house out in the woods in Florida. Either the guy was in on the fraud, or he was just living out his own mental illness talking to himself. Which is actually way scarier than ghost voices could ever be.

The guest had photos of the house the guy was living in, which are unfortunately not on the web anymore. His recording studio the walls were charred and blackened wood, there were no windows in the house. Just real freaky shit.

Sarah

Thank you so much for the Spiritcom suggestion: I've heard the Spiritcom episode but not the fraud show!

I'm excited about hearing it!

albrecht

Quote from: Lord Grantham on November 07, 2015, 05:15:35 AM
The "Spiricom" fraud show from 2009 where it was revealed that the spiricom tapes were recorded by a schizophrenic man who lived in a half burned down house out in the woods in Florida. Either the guy was in on the fraud, or he was just living out his own mental illness talking to himself. Which is actually way scarier than ghost voices could ever be.

The guest had photos of the house the guy was living in, which are unfortunately not on the web anymore. His recording studio the walls were charred and blackened wood, there were no windows in the house. Just real freaky shit.
Whoa, I need to check that one out. That situation sounds scarier, almost, than if ghosts were actually talking!

ps: another rare, unavailable show: "Feral Humans" in Kentucky. There are some threads about it on the forum and I've had some PMs from a friend of the guest who confirms it was a show but he doesn't have a recording of it either.

Claudius

Hmmm I can't remember the guests name, but he was the guy who claimed that Kennedy wanted to have sex with an underage girl and Art flipped out. Great show, the guy was clearly drunk and just spouting off total crap.

albrecht

Quote from: Claudius on November 23, 2015, 10:09:59 PM
Hmmm I can't remember the guests name, but he was the guy who claimed that Kennedy wanted to have sex with an underage girl and Art flipped out. Great show, the guy was clearly drunk and just spouting off total crap.
I think it was George Green who claim Ted expressed 'interest' in his 15 year old daughter? Interestingly, in my opinion, considering the various Kennedy family proclivities and post-nanny, Compound, etc scandals--- the most believable part of his stories!