• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Lots of Earthquakes?

Started by inevitabledecline, April 24, 2010, 10:42:55 AM

What's with all the earthquakes in recent months? I know that there are thousands of earthquakes every day all around the world, but they rarely make the front page. It seems there has been a magnitude 6+ earthquake on the news every morning! What is going on? I'm not religious in the church, bible sense, but I've read a large majority of it, including revelations. It may not be Jesus coming down on a big white Harley Davidson, but could the end times be near?

discuss.

ID

valdez

I wouldn't say we're having a lot of earthquakes.  I would say we're having just the right amount. 

Marc.Knight

Quote from: inevitabledecline on April 25, 2010, 09:00:06 AM
why would you say that?

Just to interject... to say we are having "a lot" of earthquakes would necessitate a scientific assessment based upon a period of time.  In reality, the Earth is currently in its most seismically stable period in history.  Other facts: The USGS estimates that several million earthquakes occur in the world each year. Many go undetected because they hit remote areas or have very small magnitudes. The NEIC now locates about 50 earthquakes each day, or about 20,000 a year.