• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Joe Rogan

Started by Mr. Hanky, September 23, 2013, 08:43:24 AM

Jackstar

Quote from: bigchucka on June 04, 2014, 01:49:34 PM
Did you bother to hit play?  When this was done and posted in its entirety, it was advertised heavily during a live worldwide transmission.

I in fact did, and for whatever reason, the YouTube buffering that time took ages, so I just wandered off.

I am not sure why--spider-sense: tingling!!--but the very concept of Joe Rogan has always rubbed me the wrong way. I can't bring myself to listen to him, either on his show, or as a guest on any other show. I never read his press releases. It has taken me a teeth-clenching, ankle-twisting effort of will to respond to this thread. I even totally forgot about this thread until I started sitting on the Unread Replies area. My computer is starting to lag as I'm typing this. I'm feeling the nightsweats coming on. You know, that kind of thing.

My interest in this kind of phenomenae are much higher than my interest in people such as Joe Rogan. I'm not making it up; it's not that big a deal, but I've definitely got some kind of odd... aversion to the guy, and it's notable enough to be nearly measurable, but not high enough that I'm vomiting inside my pressure suit.

I imagine that this is exactly how some people feel about Alex Jones and John B. Wells--two people that I listen to as routinely and unconsciously as my own heartbeat and respiration, frankly. Life is kind of... weird sometimes, isn't it? Maybe I just like Texas and English accents over New York.

bigchucka

Quote from: Jackstar on June 05, 2014, 02:08:27 AM
I in fact did, and for whatever reason, the YouTube buffering that time took ages, so I just wandered off.

I am not sure why--spider-sense: tingling!!--but the very concept of Joe Rogan has always rubbed me the wrong way. I can't bring myself to listen to him, either on his show, or as a guest on any other show. I never read his press releases. It has taken me a teeth-clenching, ankle-twisting effort of will to respond to this thread. I even totally forgot about this thread until I started sitting on the Unread Replies area. My computer is starting to lag as I'm typing this. I'm feeling the nightsweats coming on. You know, that kind of thing.

My interest in this kind of phenomenae are much higher than my interest in people such as Joe Rogan. I'm not making it up; it's not that big a deal, but I've definitely got some kind of odd... aversion to the guy, and it's notable enough to be nearly measurable, but not high enough that I'm vomiting inside my pressure suit.

I imagine that this is exactly how some people feel about Alex Jones and John B. Wells--two people that I listen to as routinely and unconsciously as my own heartbeat and respiration, frankly. Life is kind of... weird sometimes, isn't it? Maybe I just like Texas and English accents over New York.

Think Joe is from Boston.... and if the YouTube was having problems.... it may be because it's on TheAlexJonesChannel... which I guess was appropriate since that's who was doing the interview...

Jackstar

Quote from: bigchucka on June 05, 2014, 03:32:48 PM
Think Joe is from Boston...

Oh, Christ, that's even worse. Hang on, let me paaaaark the caaaaaaaaar...

Spinner

I had listened to a couple of the JRE shows via Youtube a few months back and the interview with Graham Hancock was memorable (I'm not interested in MMA or comedians, so I've never listened to those).  Today I listened to his interview with Randall Carlson and it was very interesting. Although I didn't agree with a couple of things he said, Randall has so much interesting info and I actually learned a couple of new things. I really enjoyed it.

ONeill

Rogan is generally fun, but I hate some aspects of what he does. On one hand he hates Catholic church and organized religioon in general, calling it BS and everything else but on the other hand if there is some New Age nonsense on the Internet that is based on nothing factual Rogan is sure to turn it into a serious interview with 'Open Mind' being used in every other sentence.

inuk2600

Great interview today on Joe Rogan Experience with Graham Hancock & Randall Carlson.

http://youtu.be/aDejwCGdUV8

Spinner

Quote from: inuk2600 on November 20, 2015, 01:52:19 AM
Great interview today on Joe Rogan Experience with Graham Hancock & Randall Carlson.
Thanks for the heads up. Hancock and Carlson together!
Great discussion. :)

Giving this thread a bump.  Just listened to Joe interview Lance Armstrong.

Really one of the most interesting two hours of "radio" I have heard in a long time

.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEfSdPz1WtA

Echo

You don't see Joe Rogan charging $8 a month to access show archives, you don't hear commercials throughout his show. He manages to have guest in his studio when doing the show. 

BobGrau

Quote from: The King of Kings on December 16, 2015, 09:44:11 PM
Giving this thread a bump.  Just listened to Joe interview Lance Armstrong.

Really one of the most interesting two hours of "radio" I have heard in a long time

.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEfSdPz1WtA

Yeah this one had me hooked. Rogan's the best choice to interview someone in Armstrong's postition.

Echo

Joe Rogan most popular podcast to date.  Staring Alex Jones and Eddie Bravo ( #911).

https://youtu.be/UZPCp8SPfOM

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Echo on February 09, 2017, 05:59:23 AM
Joe Rogan most popular podcast to date.  Staring Alex Jones and Eddie Bravo ( #911).

Great show but next time he has AJ on I really hope he doesn't invite Eddie Bravo again. He was intentionally trying to frustrate AJ by asking him a question and then when AJ would get about 1/4 of the way through answering him Eddie would ask him two more questions. Rogan should've cracked down on it a lot sooner than he did. Instead he just kept telling them to "relax."  ::)

I know the guy's a professional fighter but I think I would've tried to smack him in the back of the head if I was there.  :D

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on February 09, 2017, 09:30:52 AM
Great show but next time he has AJ on I really hope he doesn't invite Eddie Bravo again. He was intentionally trying to frustrate AJ by asking him a question and then when AJ would get about 1/4 of the way through answering him Eddie would ask him two more questions. Rogan should've cracked down on it a lot sooner than he did. Instead he just kept telling them to "relax."  ::)

I know the guy's a professional fighter but I think I would've tried to smack him in the back of the head if I was there.  :D

yeah, that guy really fucked the flow of things.

BobGrau

Quote from: Echo on February 09, 2017, 05:59:23 AM

https://youtu.be/UZPCp8SPfOM

Shit went cosmic fast.

Dr. MD MD

Joe needs to stop drinking during the podcast. Smoke all the pot you want Joe, it only seems to enhance but I tried to watch his interview with Crowder and he was all over the place. He wouldn't let any of Crowder's topics bloom. He kept cutting him off and then moving him in a different direction. Crowder was cool about it and rolled with it but it could've been better.  :(

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on February 17, 2017, 12:11:44 PM
Joe needs to stop drinking during the podcast. Smoke all the pot you want Joe, it only seems to enhance but I tried to watch his interview with Crowder and he was all over the place. He wouldn't let any of Crowder's topics bloom. He kept cutting him off and then moving him in a different direction. Crowder was cool about it and rolled with it but it could've been better.  :(

It's a thinly-veiled secret those two don't really like each other.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: BelgianCarbonFibre on February 23, 2017, 07:06:22 PM
It's a thinly-veiled secret those two don't really like each other.

Joe definitely seemed to have some problems with him. I still haven't seen the next night when apparently, Joe went on his show.

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on February 23, 2017, 07:09:06 PM
Joe definitely seemed to have some problems with him. I still haven't seen the next night when apparently, Joe went on his show.

I don't watch his show so I wouldn't know. I really can't stand listening to Crowder's show, though I like Crowder himself. Weird? I mean, he's a great guest, like a ninja doused in WD-40 in how he can handle hostile conversations.  As a host it's like he found a broomstick way too far to the right and sat right down on it. His in-between segments are funny as hell, though.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: BelgianCarbonFibre on February 23, 2017, 08:20:45 PM
I don't watch his show so I wouldn't know. I really can't stand listening to Crowder's show, though I like Crowder himself. Weird? I mean, he's a great guest, like a ninja doused in WD-40 in how he can handle hostile conversations.  As a host it's like he found a broomstick way too far to the right and sat right down on it. His in-between segments are funny as hell, though.

I don't either. Of course I'd heard a few things over years but the Rogan show was the first time I've experienced him. I'm not sure if I'd like him because Rogan really put him up on his heels early on in that interview. I didn't think it was cool how he tried to confabulate stats about marijuana and driving and it was good Rogan called him out on that but should it have really taken a whole show up?!  :D

PrairieGhost

Alex was saying that's what they believe. They are freaking nuts and after the grove, I'm leaning towards believing that's what they think.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: PrairieGhost on February 23, 2017, 10:24:35 PM
Alex was saying that's what they believe. They are freaking nuts and after the grove, I'm leaning towards believing that's what they think.

Not sure what you're talking about or who you're talking to.  ???

PrairieGhost

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on February 23, 2017, 10:28:07 PM
Not sure what you're talking about or who you're talking to.  ???

The elites believe they are psychic vampires talking to dimensional creatures.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: PrairieGhost on February 23, 2017, 10:29:45 PM

Oh, right...spirit cooking and pizzagate and all that madness. Yeah, I bet there's more of that yet to be revealed.

bateman

Quote from: PrairieGhost on February 23, 2017, 10:29:45 PM

Of course they do. They also dress up like wizards, worship an owl and blow each other in the woods. These are not normal people.

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on February 23, 2017, 08:40:06 PM
I don't either. Of course I'd heard a few things over years but the Rogan show was the first time I've experienced him. I'm not sure if I'd like him because Rogan really put him up on his heels early on in that interview. I didn't think it was cool how he tried to confabulate stats about marijuana and driving and it was good Rogan called him out on that but should it have really taken a whole show up?!  :D

Your first time with listening/watching Rogan, eh? Yes, that wasn't the greatest episode. He'll interview just about anyone and roll for a couple of hours. 900+ episodes all up on YouTube, just search for your favorite subject and it's bound to be in there, if not a favored guest pertaining to it. It's not all MMA and weed.  :-*

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: BelgianCarbonFibre on February 24, 2017, 02:29:12 AM
Your first time with listening/watching Rogan, eh? Yes, that wasn't the greatest episode. He'll interview just about anyone and roll for a couple of hours. 900+ episodes all up on YouTube, just search for your favorite subject and it's bound to be in there, if not a favored guest pertaining to it. It's not all MMA and weed.  :-*

No, I've seen Rogan's show many times. It's the first time I've seen Crowder.