• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

slipstream

Quote from: Morgus on January 27, 2012, 10:02:08 AM
Looks like Noory is taking another unexpected Friday night off tonight, giving us another 3-day Noory-Free weekend.

Hooooray!  I might just tune in tonight!

QuoteDidn't he take off Friday just a couple weeks ago, plus his holiday week off?
Why not give Fridays regularly to another host Noory and just be done with it?  8)

Oh wow, I wish he would.  What a splendid suggestion.

Nebraska888

Quote from: Sardondi on January 27, 2012, 04:39:06 PM
Is it me, or is C2C in the Noory Reich becoming more a show about fear mongering over current events and conspiracy theories, with a little new age spirituality thrown in for sweetening? As opposed to that good old pulpy richness of the paranormal/weird that is. Seems like it to me, especially since George now sees it as his mission to "educate" his audience. Ye gods and little fishes, the irony of that concept!

I personally prefer my escapist trash 100% pure, since I already spend a lot of time every day immersed in current events/political issues. Look, I don't come to C2C at 2:00-effing-a.m. to pick up insider info on what's "really going on in the world", especially from someone who just happens to be peddling a book they say I must buy if I don't want my family to die an agonizing, tortured death from catastrophic shortages of food/fuel/gold/silver/oxygen/land/medicine that we'll be facing when the earthquakes/asteroids/pole shift/tornadoes/floods/radiation/Bilderberger takeover/HAARP fallout/food additives finally hit us next month and the black helicopters begin to fly us to reincarnation camps in the desert.

Gimme the real garbage, the totally useless escapist fare about ghosties and ghoulies and monsters. But other than the UFO staple I see less and less of that kind of stuff in program descriptions.

I SOOOOOO AGREEEEE!!!!  We can turn on ANY radio or television program to learn about economics, politics, health issues, etc...etc.....

I WANT THE STRANGE, THE UNUSUAL, THE BIZARRE, THE UNCONVENTIONAL......COAST SHOULD BE UNIQUE....NOT A REPEAT OF WHAT WE HEAR ALL DAY LONG!

Nebraska888

Quote from: slipstream on January 27, 2012, 09:23:13 PM

Hooooray!  I might just tune in tonight!

Oh wow, I wish he would.  What a splendid suggestion.

I'm with you guys!!!  Can't wait for a Noory free Friday!!!  Woohoo!!!!

Nebraska888

Quote from: HorrorReporter on January 27, 2012, 06:24:02 AM
I'd like to see Joshua Warren host a show.. I think he'd be really fun

Absolutely!  I enjoy Joshua!  Lisa Lyons might just need a few emails suggesting we hear more from him. 

jinwicked

Quote from: HorrorReporter on January 27, 2012, 11:46:37 AM
Simone tonight during open lines may be decent... Chemtrails though..? Ugh

Usually I cannot take the stupid, but I had to turn this off because the guest is literally making me fall asleep.

valdez

Quote from: Citizen5510 on January 27, 2012, 09:20:36 PM
Hi everyone I thought I should introduce myself, I'm not really the best communicator but I decided to join because the members here give me so much joy..

Welcome, Citizen.  Your communication skills are excellent.  Post often.

Quote from: VtaGeezer on January 27, 2012, 03:17:26 PM
Is there nothing new out there? Are there no discoveries? No new mysteries uncovered by archaeology? How about the rumors of Templars in ancient America. The Minnesota Runestone? What happened to the undersea anamoly found off Cuba a few years ago?...C2C has been on autopilot since Noory came aboard. Please C2C...find something new to present..it's a big world.

Or those alleged alien bodies found in Africa recently.  Or that giant creepy hell-like hole that formed in South America a while back.  Even if they don't all check out, just put Noory on a friggin' plane to somewhere other than California.

Quote from: HorrorReporter on January 27, 2012, 11:46:37 AM
...Chemtrails though..? Ugh
Quote from: jinwicked on January 28, 2012, 01:26:09 AM
...the guest is literally making me fall asleep.

No shit.  That Clifford Carnicom was a bore.  Some guy called in and asked Simone to play the ufo phil song at the end of the show "like Noory does every Friday."  To Simone's credit, he didn't. 

Quote from: Nebraska888 on January 27, 2012, 11:45:48 PM

I SOOOOOO AGREEEEE!!!!  We can turn on ANY radio or television program to learn about economics, politics, health issues, etc...etc.....

I WANT THE STRANGE, THE UNUSUAL, THE BIZARRE, THE UNCONVENTIONAL......COAST SHOULD BE UNIQUE....NOT A REPEAT OF WHAT WE HEAR ALL DAY LONG!

That would require effort.  George has made it clear around the office that no effort is to be put into the show.

Morgus

Quote from: valdez on January 28, 2012, 05:20:24 AMSome guy called in and asked Simone to play the ufo phil song at the end of the show "like Noory does every Friday."
that dumb caller just had to be noory himself or one of his stooges...  :o

I'm pretty happy UFO Phil was tabled for the night... Too bad it's not for good

11angeleyes11

Quote from: Morgus on January 28, 2012, 01:59:01 PM

Spot on!  My thoughts exactly.  I love a caller who enjoys fine orchestration.   That's the Coast Friday last call symphony selection at the end of the week. 

Marc.Knight

"And in other news... the sole source of suckage was identified today..."

Quote from: HorrorReporter on January 28, 2012, 02:11:49 PM
I'm pretty happy UFO Phil was tabled for the night... Too bad it's not for good
Would be nice if the original JC kicked UFO Phil's ass & just got it over with.

Sardondi

Quote from: BobGrau on January 28, 2012, 06:06:39 AM
Quote from: Sardondi on January 27, 2012, 04:39:06 PM...reincarnation camps in the desert.

beautiful.

Heh. Yeah, and I'm uncool enough to admit I was laughing like a s.o.b. picturing what that would be like.

Quote from: Morgus on January 28, 2012, 01:59:01 PM

Just a post-AB noob self-identifying as one of the rubes whose very marrow Noory will suck dry.

Now, I think I'll listen to the last hour of Art on a Somewhere In Time with Dannion Brinkley. Ahhhhhh.

VtaGeezer

For what it's worth, GN included Art Bell in his sign-off the other night; Weds IIRC. I thought he had stopped that.  I don't often make it all the way to sign off.

Morgus

Quote from: VtaGeezer on January 29, 2012, 12:37:05 AM
For what it's worth, GN included Art Bell in his sign-off the other night; Weds IIRC. I thought he had stopped that.  I don't often make it all the way to sign off.
nah, he didn't stop it. he has mentioned Art Bell in the sign off most of the time for a long time that I've noticed.
Noory did recently add John B. Wells to his sign off list recently however...  8)

VtaGeezer

After a month of Wells' "Crank-to-Crank AM" Saturday night programs, I have to say George is looking better. 

Lovely Bones

Quote from: VtaGeezer on January 29, 2012, 11:54:40 AM
After a month of Wells' "Crank-to-Crank AM" Saturday night programs, I have to say George is looking better.

After a month of Wells' "Crank-to-Crank AM" Saturday night programs, I have to say I miss Ian. 

Gassy Man

Quote from: Lovely Bones on January 29, 2012, 12:07:50 PM
After a month of Wells' "Crank-to-Crank AM" Saturday night programs, I have to say I miss Ian.
After a month of Wells' "Crank-to-Crank AM" Saturday night programs, I have to say I miss Art.

This is kind of fun!

BobGrau

Quote from: Gassy Man on January 29, 2012, 03:29:29 PM
After a month of Wells' "Crank-to-Crank AM" Saturday night programs, I have to say I miss Art.

This is kind of fun!

After a month of missing "Crank-to-Crank AM", I have been programmed to say that Saturday nights are kind of fun.

Sardondi

Quote from: BobGrau on January 29, 2012, 03:56:47 PM
After a month of missing "Crank-to-Crank AM", I have been programmed to say that Saturday nights are kind of fun.

After a month six months of missing "Crank-to-Crank AM", and never having listened to Wells since he's been worked into the lineup, I have to say I thought he was okay....Wait, there's something wrong here... 

After a month of reading about Wells' "Crank-to-Crank AM" Saturday night programs, I have to say Coast is still dead..

fysisist

This is killing me - what is the UFO Phil song?  It's not the intro music, right?  I've listened to C2C on and off since the mid 90's and I can't figure out which is the UFO Phil song.  Anybody have an mp3 of it?

Gassy Man

Quote from: fysisist on January 30, 2012, 12:14:05 PM
This is killing me - what is the UFO Phil song?  It's not the intro music, right?  I've listened to C2C on and off since the mid 90's and I can't figure out which is the UFO Phil song.  Anybody have an mp3 of it?
Hold your nose while doing a Jerry Lewis imitation and blurt out random phrases about UFOs, Big Foot, shadow people, Martians, aliens, ghosts, George Noory, and other fucked up shit and you'll basically have that musical massacre.

BobGrau

You asked for it -

Listening to Coast to Coast

I'm going out on a limb here: I actually quite like ufo phil. His tongue is firmly in his cheek, where it should be.

noory sucks.

Morgus

This is killing me - what is the UFO Phil song?  It's not the intro music, right? 
no its not the intro music.
Noory only plays his UFO Phil song at the end of the show on Friday nights and introduces it - it runs for several minutes long. You would recognize it if you heard it...  :o

Sardondi

The "studio-mix" (pretty funny background stuff) version of the UFO Phil song is the one that Noory plays at the end of Friday nights. Here it is:

Listening to Coast to Coast by UFO Phil

McPhallus

To me, it seems his tongue is firmly planted in Noory's ass, and his voice is grating.

Quote from: BobGrau on January 30, 2012, 12:55:39 PM
You asked for it -

I'm going out on a limb here: I actually quite like ufo phil. His tongue is firmly in his cheek, where it should be.

noory sucks.

11angeleyes11

He needs a sultry and warming song like "Midnight in the Cave." to close out the weeks in St. Louis.

Carrying onward, George could have a version of "Midnight on the Ocean" to close-out the Los Angeles shows. 

Sardondi

Ah, another Nooryism! I was just listening to some of a "Classic Show" (the only thing I will even bother to look at, along with "Somewhere In Time" shows) from 6/25/07 when Noory interviewed Ann Druffel, a nice little old lady, about UFOs, and specifically at one point about how they might fit into End Times prophecies. She made a reference to the fact she was Catholic, and had consulted "the Catholic Bible". George, who apparently considers himself a religious scholar and theologian, thinks she has made an error and that he's just the man to correct her. So he says, "You said the 'Catholic Bible', and I'm sure you meant the Christian Bible."

But he's also unfortunately ignorant of the fact that there is a "Catholic Bible" also known as the "Douay-Rheims Bible". Quick as a flash the lady says, "Well, there are a little bit different versions of the Christian Bible. and the Catholic Bible is slightly different in some of the verbiage." So George thinks it a good time to quickly change the subject and introduces the anti-matter of non-sequiturs, "Who might the Anti-Christ be?"

Heh. This sweet little old lady knows exactly what she's talking about, and George, as usual, doesn't.