• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

Lilith

Kinderdarten morality class, and a lotta facebook goin on here.
I fell asleep and missed most of this, thank goodness.

pate

I am trying to catch up hear, forgive.

So "fire-dancing" is a thing again?  Is this that strange social pattern of the resurgence of the culture of twenty years ago catching eye the current batch of young adults (late teens/early twenties).

I think this is the second or third time I have seen the rediscovery of fire...  (playing with sparklers 4th of Julyish as a toddler, playing with fire in the woods in my late teens/early twenties) and now as a old man watching children re-invent the wheel, only this time with chemical glowsticks (because fire is dangerous).

Really, I just wanted an excuse to post this video which I could just as easily done without comment (editors and/or site admins feel free to edit this post, as always):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1FjWrXy8p4

EDiot:  I am reminded for some reason of that meme of the fat-kid dancing and prancing around pretending to be a Jedi with a light saber.  There were a few digitally enhanced with musical scores added that I also got a kick out of.  I can't be bothered to search out an example to post hear, and the video I already added will surely slow down the page load time on this thread enough without adding another log to the campfire...

Tinfoil_Helm

I don't suppose her pro-Trump ass has mentioned any of the Golden Shower Gate stuff?  Spies and skullduggery would normally be worth mentioning on MitD and Coast, but these Trumpkins wouldn't dare get outta line...

pate

Wasn't Madonna a fan of self-administered Golden Showers in the shower as a prophylactic measure against Athlete's Foot?

Not Sure what the Golden Shower Gate Bridge conspiracy theory is all about, but would love to hear more...

Tinfoil_Helm

Quote from: pate on January 14, 2017, 09:26:36 PM
Wasn't Madonna a fan of self-administered Golden Showers in the shower as a prophylactic measure against Athlete's Foot?

Not Sure what the Golden Shower Gate Bridge conspiracy theory is all about, but would love to hear more...

The Ruskies have all sortsa dirt on Trump that they intend to blackmail him with.  It involves hookers and spies and the Mi6.  FUN!

http://theweek.com/speedreads/672669/bbc-claims-second-source-backs-trump-dossier

Epaphroditus

Quote from: Tinfoil_Helm on January 14, 2017, 09:18:05 PM
I don't suppose her pro-Trump ass has mentioned any of the Golden Shower Gate stuff?  Spies and skullduggery would normally be worth mentioning on MitD and Coast, but these Trumpkins wouldn't dare get outta line...

HW was never pro trump only anti clinton... has really steered clear of politics once the election was over .

Nobody

Quote from: Epaphroditus on January 15, 2017, 02:53:54 AM
HW was never pro trump only anti clinton... has really steered clear of politics once the election was over .

If only Heather had steered clear of politics on Friday, when she posed to her listeners what she seemed to think was a Really Deep Question:

If you could add or delete anything in the world, what would it be?

Heather's answer?  She said she wanted to do away with the both the political left and right so that the listeners could "just be Americans." 

Admittedly, I had the programme playing in the background as I set about some other tasks and thought, at first, that I had misheard, because I was under the impression that 99% of her listeners already were Americans, which left me quite baffled.  However, sure enough, she repeated this same desire later on in the show when I was paying attention, so, yes, she really did mean to say it, no error.

That was on Friday.  It is now Sunday and I am still trying to work out what she was getting at with this earnest request for her listeners to "just be Americans."  What, are they all harbouring fantasies of being Scowegians or something?  Your guess is as good as mine.

The one thing that is clear at this point is that Heather's entire store of knowledge appears to be confined to:

1) Witchcraft

and

2) Her cat

As long as she remembers to stick to those two subjects, she's on solid ground; her attempting to discuss politics makes it painfully obvious that She Hasn't a Clue.  If Friday's show has made her resolve to steer well clear of the subject in future programmes, then she couldn't have hoped for a happier result.

Lilith

Quote from: Nobody on January 15, 2017, 01:31:12 PM

The one thing that is clear at this point is that Heather's entire store of knowledge appears to be confined to:

1) Witchcraft

and

2) Her cat

As long as she remembers to stick to those two subjects, she's on solid ground; her attempting to discuss politics makes it painfully obvious that She Hasn't a Clue.  If Friday's show has made her resolve to steer well clear of the subject in future programmes, then she couldn't have hoped for a happier result.

Well, I dunno about 1).  I'm sorry I'm not convinced.

Lilith

Quote from: justinisawesome on January 16, 2017, 11:06:42 PM
The show on the Martin documentary was good.

I haven't checked the MITD page, so I don't know what the plan is for tonight, but right now, I'm enjoying hearing Heather tell ghost stories.

Lilith

..some say "it could be", never qualifies as evidence in my book.

albrecht

Quote from: brig on January 16, 2017, 11:08:41 PM
I haven't checked the MITD page, so I don't know what the plan is for tonight, but right now, I'm enjoying hearing Heather tell ghost stories.
I made the mistake of looking it up. Guest will be Joshua P. Warren. Good night, going to go read and listen to my local classical station....

Lilith

Quote from: albrecht on January 16, 2017, 11:20:41 PM
I made the mistake of looking it up. Guest will be Joshua P. Warren. Good night, going to go read and listen to my local classical station....

Perfectly understandable.  But hey, maybe the guest will be a "no show". You never know.  :)

Of course, there's always Clyde. I'll give this a little more time.

Ciardelo

So Art sent in a wormhole question? lol

He's NEVER coming back is he?

Lilith

Quote from: Ciardelo on January 16, 2017, 11:24:45 PM
So Art sent in a wormhole question? lol

He's NEVER coming back is he?

Darn, I missed it, I thought nobody else was listening, so I left...

Ciardelo

Quote from: brig on January 17, 2017, 12:05:18 AM
Darn, I missed it, I thought nobody else was listening, so I left...
I turned it off too. I think the "question" was about the wooden alien statue Art had in his office that he gave to Josh Pee W. J. Pee sez the alien moved the first night. In a totally non-racist comment, J. Pee said the man who carved it did "cigar store indians" usually.

Lilith

Quote from: Ciardelo on January 17, 2017, 12:18:14 AM
I turned it off too. I think the "question" was about the wooden alien statue Art had in his office that he gave to Josh Pee W. J. Pee sez the alien moved the first night. In a totally non-racist comment, J. Pee said the man who carved it did "cigar store indians" usually.

Ok, I'll turn it back off again too then.

Ciardelo

Quote from: brig on January 17, 2017, 12:19:58 AM
Ok, I'll turn it back off again too then.
Yeah, I'm over on the sNoory channel, listening to "analysis of anomalous formations on Mars, including a curious keyhole structure"

A lonely Nation pines for you Hoaxland  :( :'(

Lilith

Quote from: Ciardelo on January 17, 2017, 12:25:44 AM
Yeah, I'm over on the sNoory channel, listening to "analysis of anomalous formations on Mars, including a curious keyhole structure"

A lonely Nation pines for you Hoaxland  :( :'(

So TRUE!  But it was the time slot he was in for me.  On the East Coast, he didn't come on till 3AM, so with listening to the recording later, I missed out on the best part anyway, which was the bellgab thread.

I still like to listen to Clyde though. I've had a lot of shows I've liked to listen to "for a while", but I think what keeps Clyde non stop interesting for me, is that he is mostly a current events guy, so it doesn't get too repetitive, thus boring.

Ciardelo

Quote from: brig on January 17, 2017, 12:36:23 AM
So TRUE!  But it was the time slot he was in for me.  On the East Coast, he didn't come on till 3AM, so with listening to the recording later, I missed out on the best part anyway, which was the bellgab thread.

I still like to listen to Clyde though. I've had a lot of shows I've liked to listen to "for a while", but I think what keeps Clyde non stop interesting for me, is that he is mostly a current events guy, so it doesn't get too repetitive, thus boring.
Clyde is good, but I tend to forget about him. We used to get him here locally but they cut him way back for Michael Savage. Another guy I forget to check is Howard Hughs--always a class act.

Lilith

Quote from: Ciardelo on January 17, 2017, 12:43:23 AM
Clyde is good, but I tend to forget about him. We used to get him here locally but they cut him way back for Michael Savage. Another guy I forget to check is Howard Hughs--always a class act.

Yeah, we could always get together at threads for other shows.  I listen to Clyde live at this link:

http://www.kxl.com/shows/ground-zero-clyde-lewis/?listen-live=true

Ciardelo

Quote from: brig on January 17, 2017, 12:47:09 AM
Yeah, we could always get together at threads for other shows.  I listen to Clyde live at this link:

http://www.kxl.com/shows/ground-zero-clyde-lewis/?listen-live=true
What time is he live brigsie?

N/M I found it.

The Ground Zero live stream is available Monday through Friday from 7pm to 12am, Pacific Time on FM News 101 KXL located in Portland, Oregon.

Lilith

Quote from: Ciardelo on January 17, 2017, 12:49:27 AM
What time is he live brigsie?

N/M I found it.

The Ground Zero live stream is available Monday through Friday from 7pm to 12am, Pacific Time on FM News 101 KXL located in Portland, Oregon.

Praise MV!  ;D

She wished for callers on hold to stay awake, a new producer, success for the show, and(inadvertently) for her kitty-cat to freak out. ALL OF THEM HAPPENED!*
No word on finding the stalker or the sources of the headaches

(*except for the first one)

Lilith

Quote from: Chocolate coated jackboot on January 17, 2017, 10:20:57 AM
She wished for callers on hold to stay awake, a new producer, success for the show, and(inadvertently) for her kitty-cat to freak out. ALL OF THEM HAPPENED!*

I always miss the best stuff!  Another keeper!  ;D

bateman

Quote from: Chocolate coated jackboot on January 17, 2017, 10:20:57 AM

She's on what, number 4 now?

Lilith