• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Your Supernatural Experiences

Started by MV/Liberace!, May 08, 2008, 12:36:40 AM

Heather Wade

Quote from: cweb on October 21, 2014, 07:35:05 PM
Around here we have a nice little naval park on the water with a few ships. Aside from the cool historical tours and military history, one of the ships is said to be haunted. It's called the USS The Sullivans and is named for three brothers who died aboard the same ship during WWII.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_The_Sullivans_%28DD-537%29
One story involves the picture of the Sullivan brother named George. Visitors have reportedly taken pictures of his portrait, only for them to develop and have a skull in his place. (Having videotaped and photographed the same, I did not have such luck.)

At night, workers conducting repairs have reported hearing what sounded like men inside the ship playing cards. One report included seeing several men at a table-- floating.

Another person who worked aboard the ship reported walking around a corner in the crew quarters to be suddenly confronted with a burnt face. He was so shocked that he called the police and abruptly quit thereafter.

And finally, a couple contacted the main office to thank them for getting a wonderful tour of the ship. They were shown around by a gentleman in an "admiral's uniform." Except there were no tours given on the day they were there. And nobody on staff was an admiral, much less dressed like one. (Doesn't count out random costume-wearing weirdos though.)

Having been on the ship multiple times, I can't say I felt or saw anything unusual. That said, it was still pretty cool to check out the old ship and its tech from the past.

Wow!  Thanks for that cweb!  I love a haunted ship story or three.   8)

pyewacket

Quote from: (Redacted) on October 21, 2014, 06:31:13 PM
When I was in high school, we took in my grandma to care for her in her last years.  Her room was directly across from mine. 

As a night owl, I would be up late into the wee hours reading, drawing, or listening to some late night radio.  Often, I could hear grandma talking & whispering to herself as late as 3:00 AM.  One morning, I went out to the store, and came home to discover she had passed away. 

Every night for the next two weeks, I heard her whispering in her room.  Eventually the whispers faded away into silence.

I wonder if your grandma was being visited by those loved ones who passed before her. I've heard that is what happens when people are close to their time.

cweb

Quote from: pyewacket on October 21, 2014, 07:39:09 PM
My parents lived in the same house for nearly 70 years. It was owned by a priest before and had changed hands a few times before they bought it. They were very attached to the house and were angry when they had to leave for a nursing facility to get the care they needed at the end of their lives. My dad left the house first and died almost 2 years later. Mom stayed in the house until, she too, needed nursing care. The house was in the names of 2 siblings. They rented it and the tenant said she got up one night for a drink of water and saw an old man seated at the breakfast table. He looked at her, got up, and left through the wall in the front of the house. Her description matched Dad's. She was excited about it and wanted to stay in the house but one sibling wanted to sell the house. They did eventually and I haven't heard if the new owners had any sightings.   

Your story reminds me of the house across the street.

For several years, a very kind elderly couple lived there. After a while, the wife passed away and the husband started having difficulty taking care of himself- so he moved out to family care.

My uncle was looking for a new house, so he moved in. One night he was drowsily walking into his kitchen. When he turned around, an old woman was seated at the table. Being surprised (and a rather blunt guy) he exclaimed "son of a bitch!"

The woman looked at him with a scowl and said "watch your mouth!" He apologized and asked her who she was. She gave her name, which was the same as the woman who lived there before.

My parents and I, having known the lady, asked for a detailed description. It sounded like her. Since then, my uncle has reported seeing the woman from time to time. She's never been threatening or scary. He's accepted her presence and it appears she's fine with him.

pyewacket

Quote from: cweb on October 21, 2014, 08:05:11 PM
Your story reminds me of the house across the street.

For several years, a very kind elderly couple lived there. After a while, the wife passed away and the husband started having difficulty taking care of himself- so he moved out to family care.

My uncle was looking for a new house, so he moved in. One night he was drowsily walking into his kitchen. When he turned around, an old woman was seated at the table. Being surprised (and a rather blunt guy) he exclaimed "son of a bitch!"

The woman looked at him with a scowl and said "watch your mouth!" He apologized and asked her who she was. She gave her name, which was the same as the woman who lived there before.

My parents and I, having known the lady, asked for a detailed description. It sounded like her. Since then, my uncle has reported seeing the woman from time to time. She's never been threatening or scary. He's accepted her presence and it appears she's fine with him.

Sounds like your uncle got an unexpected room-mate! Makes you wonder how many occupants remain in homes. Neither spectre died in their homes- kinda makes that "Died At Home" service useless. LOL

Heather Wade

Quote from: pyewacket on October 21, 2014, 08:00:23 PM
I wonder if your grandma was being visited by those loved ones who passed before her. I've heard that is what happens when people are close to their time.

That crossed my mind because many of the letters she wrote were to people who had passed on.  Interesting.

Quote from: (Redacted) on October 21, 2014, 07:56:46 PM
I never told anyone, not even the other family members, that I could hear grandma whispering to herself at night.  Strange thing was, she never did this during the day, only at night.  She had notebooks she would write in; letters to people she had known throughout her life.  Every night she would start writing, to people time had long forgotten, letters that would never be sent.  She whispered out loud every word she wrote. 

I kept this to myself because we had an unwritten rule that grandma, who had survived The Great Depression & WWII, should be spoiled as much as possible in her final years.  I let her have her private time, writing her letters for hours on end, undisturbed.  She had an endless supply of notebooks and pens, and never knew where they came from.  When I bought them for myself, I always got a couple extra for her.  When her current notebook filled up, there was a fresh one waiting on her desk.

She must have had a few more letters to write.  I'll never forget the distinct sound of her whispering after she had passed away.  For those two weeks, I did not turn on the radio, or distract myself in any way.  Listening to her whisper her letters was too fascinating.  I'd wait for the household to settle down for the night, curl up on my bed, and listen in the dark for hours until her whispers finally faded away.

Great story!  I make fun of the "Ghost Hunters" show, but I don't discount the possibility that some sort of life energy could linger for awhile after someone dies.  It might not be a ghost in the way we usually think of them, but it's fun to think about the possibilities.

Did you ever have the urge to get up and look in her room?  I definitely wouldn't have had the nerve!

Heather Wade

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on October 21, 2014, 08:48:32 PM
Great story!  I make fun of the "Ghost Hunters" show, but I don't discount the possibility that some sort of life energy could linger for awhile after someone dies.  It might not be a ghost in the way we usually think of them, but it's fun to think about the possibilities.

Did you ever have the urge to get up and look in her room?  I definitely wouldn't have had the nerve!

Heh, no way, mang, no way. 

There are some very good stories here, guys.  I've enjoyed every one of them...

Kelt

Quote from: ksm32 on October 21, 2014, 07:54:46 PM
Thank you Kelt, for posting these castle vacation ideas. We are planning a vacation for anything BUT sunny beaches.

If you plan a castle tour, I'd recommend not missing out on the desolate beauty of Eilean Donan Castle.

a few years ago, while in the UK, I had the opportunity to spend a night in Muncaster castle. We -- myself and three  lady friends -- were quartered in the, allegedly, haunted tapestry room.

I did not experience anything of a paranormal nature, however, the girls swear, until this very day, that strange things happen to them during the night. Things like feeling their hair being pulled, freezing cold air blowing their faces, crying sounds, etc. They were pretty freaked out when we we're talking over a full English breakfast the next morning.

Was it ol' Tom Skelton (aka Tom Fool) the jestor who resided there over 400 years ago? Who knows, however, before bedding down for the evening, I did observe my 3 lady friends standing in front of Tom Skelton's portrait, making light of his looks -- a big no-no, according to legend.

http://youtu.be/AmD1xLmFxso

http://cdn5.hauntedrooms.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/muncaster-castle-tom-fool.jpg

bradtech

As a small kid I used to have experiences with entities in the house I grew up in. I'm 32 years old now so most of this happened in the 80s, 90s, and early 00s.  Early on when I was very young 3-4 (1984-86ish) years old I would see people around the house & hear my name being called out over and over by a womans voice at night. One time I saw a man that looked similar to Clark Gable & he was waving at me smiling while my mom was in the same room vacuuming. Nothing really evil at all. As time passed and the older I got it seemed to turn more malevolent over the years. I would get pulled out of bed, or something would grab my hands. One time probably in the early to mid 90s I was sitting in my room upstairs playing Super Nintentdo & my bed began to violently shake on it's own. I sat there in shock/silent unable to move due to fear & finally bolted.  I'd tell friends but often it would become a running joke or something to laugh at before any of them started staying the night. My parents at the time weren't really experiencing the same issues but my big brother was very afraid too & later stated things occured to him upstairs (two bedrooms up stairs, Parents slept downstairs until I would get my mom to come stay with me upstairs).

Then I started to have friends stay the night which experienced episodes of hearing doors slamming through the house & deep loud groans. We would walk out and go look. All the doors would be open & it was just the sounds we heard. Blinds on windows, and pictures would fall walls. Even after all that occurring it wasn't the most messed up ordeal I've been through.  I then would later have sleep paralysis episodes where older CRT monitors would burn out in the room while it was occurring. I'd have unexplained scratch marks on my body & face. During those episodes I could see around my room & or whatever locations I wandered of too. A dark shadow like humanoid would manifest & would emit high pitched sounds almost like radio static while communicating with me. At times I'd wake up and hear myself talking repeating what it was saying like the damn things was in me.  Then the most bizarre series of events occurred & I'm very thankful I had my best friend with me to witness it. These events were widespread in location unlike the events in my house growing up through the 80s and 90s. This was the early 00s. We were at his house & I looked outside to see a dark shadow like humanoid standing or leaned over up on top of his garage. I asked him to take a look and he said "what the hell is that" over and over. We attempted to get a better look & it vanished. I had the feeling deep inside me it was the entity from the sleep paralysis episodes growing up. Then it all began occurring again with the sleep paralysis after that night after 6-12 month break from random occurrences. I had a couple episodes right after moving out of my childhood home. But as time passed it has went away.  I went most of the mid to late 00s without having any problems with the supernatural outside of another episode while visiting in 2010. My Dad now reports hearing someone walking around up in my room I grew up in since I grew up & moved out leaving him alone most of those years after my parents split & then later got back together. He even heard someone walk down the stairs & the dogs started to bark to go look. Nobody was there of course. This house is an old house in SW Oklahoma. It is a two story house & used to have another two story house attached to it where they would rent rooms out to people traveling through. There's also supposedly a "well" of some sort under the house my dad tells me located under kitchen but I'm not going to go looking. The older I got I confessed all these events in more detail to my parents which didn't really listen much growing up.

I now have two year daughter(born in 2012) and my wife started reporting odd things happening here in our home after she was born. We've had episodes where I've thought someone broke in the house & was going through things. We had a picture fall and break. Following by the sound of things moving in the living room like someone is grabbing stuff to steal. I often worry if the same entities/stuff will start happening my daughter. It's been a goal or interest of mine to study what in the world happened and why. What those things were. My main hobbies are studying science (physics & astronomy). I'm a very skeptical person in general & attempt to take a critical thinking/science based approach to things which really screws with me based on my experiences.  There's really no explanation that I've found & I don't know what the entities were. I've listened to several explanations like Demons, Ghosts, Shadow People, etc. When the movie mothman came out it gave me chill bumps and I could barely drive myself home after watching it based on the re-enactment of interaction between actors & that entity. Right now the hair on my arms are standing up thinking about it & reliving those episodes in my mind. The best explanation outside of I don't know or my best guess is that these life forms evolved along side us or exist in a higher dimensional plane in the universe/multiverse(String theory). I apologize for the long write up which probably wasn't put together the best it could be. I've tuned into arts old shows to listen for explanations some gave hopefully giving me some kind of answers. There are some good hypothesis put together by some & hope one day science can give us some answers.

Centurion40

Wow.  Thanks for sharing that. Hopefully it will not all repeat with your kids, and that you'll find a logical explanation.

Quote from: pyewacket on October 21, 2014, 12:26:34 AM
Have you ever visited a haunted place? Are there any haunted places in your area? Please share your story with us.

There are two local places that are reported to be haunted. One is the Flushing Town Hall which once hosted an opera company and where music has been heard playing when no one was there. It's even a spooky looking place from the outside as I recall from when I was a kid. Supposedly, the ghost of an impresario has bee seen sitting in the empty audience area.

Then there's Bowne House which was built in 1661 and which hosts the ghost of John Bowne, a friendly spirit.

Been to both many times but never seen or felt anything out of the ordinary although others have seen the impresario. During the 70's when Town Hall was  being renovated, workmen wouldn't stay in the place because they saw someone looking like a Civil War soldier climbing the stairs and their radio was messed with.

http://www.qgazette.com/news/2012-10-17/Front_Page/Spooks_Spirits_and_Queens_Haunted_Place.html
http://marialaura308.blogspot.co.uk/2012/02/ghost-legends-of-flushing-town-hall.html

yumyumtree

I will be 59 next month and have honestly never been able to say that I've perceived anything that couldn't be explained rationally.

But Sat. night I was catsitting in a large house in Seattle that's probably 90 or 100 years old. One cat was outside (I'm pretty sure) and the other cat, Patch ws sleeping on the foot of the bed.  I got up about 3 to go to the bathroom and saw a spectral figure of a small animal heading toward another bedroom whose door was open. I assumed that Patch had just decided to move from the foot of the bed where I was sleeping to this other room.  Nothing unusual about that.  But when I got back to he room she was on the foot of the bed!  I suppose she could have changed her mind again and hurried back to that bed. I suppose it's also possible that the other cat wasn't really outside.

Downstairs, a light that I knew I turned off in the little room where he keeps his stereo(a very fine stereo, I might add)was on.  Coming off an on at random isn't usual with old electric lights--it happens at my place, usually with lamps. Sometimes it can be from something like dead insects in the socket. I should add that a lot of things in this house are wonky and in poor repair.  This guy has been a wonderful friend to me and I don't like running him down, but the state of the house is no secret.

I know that he has had at least one other cat in the past who died.  I was not frightened by this, just couldn't get over that something paranormal had finally happened to me.  I will bring it up the next time we see each other in person.

jazmunda

You always remember your first.

b_dubb

This isn't necessarily a "supernatural" experience but I was having a difficult time explaining the contrail see rising up from the horizon (roughly where Wright Patt should be as I was driving towards Dayton area from Columbus on I-70).  Perhaps one of the large cargo jets made an extremely labored ascent from the base runway?  Or maybe Wright Patt has installed a missile silo and felt like running a test?  The plume/contrail that caught my attention is in the bottom center.  It doesn't look like much in the photo but it was really striking as I drove West towards the setting sun.  Another instance where the human eye proved far superior to the megapixels in my iPhone 6+.

henge0stone

One night at a sleepover when I was 15 me and two friends were walking around the town at night. I don't remember the time but it must have been late since there was no one around in a fairly urbanish area.

We turned down a street and out of the corner of my eye between two houses I saw a tall dark figure blocking the light in the driveway. It was freaky but also not the first time I'd seen something in the corner of my eye, so I assumed it was just a trick of the light and didn't say anything. As we passed my friend said something about hallucinations and I asked him what he was talking about. He then described in the same thing I saw and even walked back to the spot where we had seen it and pointed to where he had seen the shadow.

Its short but still makes me wonder if something was there since we both saw it for a mere second in the same spot. 

Last week on Gabcast, mv was talking about strange noises in his house. Well, I live in a house where things are constantly falling or dropping out of cupboards or the refrigerator. So, I wasn't really surprised the day after the Gabcast show when I placed a spoon parallel to the edge of the counter and then watched it slowly turn perpendicular to the counter prior to almost falling off. I'd never given any of this much thought until now, just found it annoying. Now I'm a little creeped out.

wr250

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on January 25, 2015, 08:40:13 PM
Last week on Gabcast, mv was talking about strange noises in his house. Well, I live in a house where things are constantly falling or dropping out of cupboards or the refrigerator. So, I wasn't really surprised the day after the Gabcast show when I placed a spoon parallel to the edge of the counter and then watched it slowly turn perpendicular to the counter prior to almost falling off. I'd never given any of this much thought until now, just found it annoying. Now I'm a little creeped out.

get a mic (or even your cell phone) and see if you can get any evp's
also can you get any of this on video?

Quote from: wr250 on January 25, 2015, 08:53:31 PM
get a mic (or even your cell phone) and see if you can get any evp's
also can you get any of this on video?

Ok, I'm a little not experienced at this, but should I record a memo on the phone and see what happens? I swear to god if I hear something, I'll pass out on the spot. I'll try to video it, but it's random.

GeoNemesis

Hey All,

This story took place one night in June a few years ago. I was living alone at the time and was asleep in my bed with my windows open. While sleeping I recall having a dream where there was a scorpion at the foot of my bed near my feet... I was awakened suddenly by a sharp stinging pain in the big toe of my right foot. I intended to sit up in bed and reach for my foot but realized I was paralyzed.

As my brain had thought I had sat up, I was confused for a few moments until I realized I was under sleep paralysis and was still laying on my side in a regular sleep position. My mind was completely awake, but I could not move, nor open my eyes. There was still a sharp pain in my big toe, which also was confusing because I assumed that the scorpion sting had been a dream. (I should mention that where I live there are no scorpions, and I've only seen them in pictures, so it was weird that I would have a dream like that). Anyway, the pain in my toe was real, and I was feeling a warming sensation filling up my right foot and traveling up my right leg. It felt like I'd been injected with something that was spreading throughout my body.

At this point I was considering that perhaps I had been bitten by a spider, and it's venom was spreading through me, but still couldn't move or do anything about it. As the warming sensation spread up my right leg, it spread into my pelvis area, I felt it continue down my left leg and into my abdomen. As soon as it hit my chest though, that feeling quickly spread throughout my body and my heart rate increased dramatically. At this point my breathing increased to where I felt like I must have been panting!  I was pretty scared at this point, because I had no idea why my body would react that way to a spider bite.

I began to think that it couldn't have been a spider bite or a scorpion sting, but rather felt like I'd been shot up with some kind of drug. As I laid there still paralyzed, I listened for any noises that would indicate someone or something else was in my room, but wasn't able to hear anything. Now I was living in an older home and the floor boards creek so if anyone was in my room I would have been able to hear them, but could not hear a thing. I then remembered that I had my windows open and that I should be able to hear random insects, bird noises, neighbor's dogs, street sounds etc. no matter what time of night or morning, but was not hearing anything!

Anyway, my heart rate and breathing eventually slowed down and slowly came back to normal levels, but there was still pain in my toe. I tried to stay awake as long as I could although it was difficult to keep my mind active with no other stimulation, and so I eventually drifted off to sleep. When I awoke the next morning I could still feel a dull ache in my big toe, but could not discern any mark left behind.

I have no idea what could explain that event - the only thing I can think of is that whatever had me paralyzed had also turned off my ability to hear. I remember thinking that there had to be someone there who had injected me with something, but I could not hear anything or feel anything except that one sharp pain and the weird feeling of something spreading through my bloodstream. The next morning my bedspread was still tucked under the mattress at the bottom of the bed, the bed covers don't appear to have been disturbed, nothing else in my room appeared to be disturbed, and even though it still hurt, I could not see anything wrong with my toe.

When I was younger I used to fall asleep watching Nick at Nite with a set sleep timer. That evening The Dick Van Dyke show was on. It was the Walnut Episode. I drifted off to sleep after a few minutes of it. I was quickly awoken by the sound of my digital alarm clock going off. I didn't wonder why it went off and went back to bed.

As I started drifting off again, the alarm went off again and I swear to all that is holy the TV turned on. I saw Dick Van Dyke open the closet and the walnuts came out. I assumed the remote must have been stepped on. I cut the alarm and TV off  and returned to bed again. Moments later the alarm went off again, but this time my little Radio Shack LCD games in the sock drawer near me went off too. Now, I was weirded out and wide awake.

I unplugged the alarm quickly and mashed at the LCD games making noise until they stopped. I was worried my father would hear the noise and bitch me out for being up late, but the house seemed almost lifeless, the room seemed darker, and I felt alone and afraid. I was sitting up in bed now, like the dumb kid I was, I had my pocket knife opened now, tricking myself into thinking it offered safety.

Yet again, the alarms went off now. I felt almost paralyzed with fear. Then, from behind the dresser (the one with the LCD games in it) came what sounded like a giant dog laughing at me mockingly. I felt a cruel hate and could almost make out a shape, somehow standing between he dresser and wall as if fused with them. The laughing continued for a few more horrible seconds, accompanied by the alarms going off. Fighting back tears and trying to scream for my parents, I flipped my bedside lamp on.

Only one of the LCD games alarms was still going off. The laughing had stopped and the digital alarm clock was still unplugged. There was nothing in the room under the light. I turned the TV back on and the Dick Van Dyke Walnut Episode was just ending. I didn't sleep the rest of the night and that I refuse to watch that episode again.

Weeks later my younger sister whose room was across the hall of the second floor from mine, started experiencing night terrors and sleep walking. The guest room directly next to me was adorned with my dead great grandparents needle work in frames (she was born on the same day as my sister oddly enough) and my sister would often be found in this room mumbling to her self in the dark while sleep walking.

I quickly learned to just ignore her. If I tried to wake her up or talk to her she would begin screaming for my parents yelling things like,"Trey and Matt are killing me with a knife, HELPPPP!" (I'm Trey IRL, Matt was a neighbor) or about people whose names we didn't know attacking and killing her. It was very disturbing and best to leave her be as she wandered around the empty rooms or foyer mumbling to herself or whoever she was speaking with.

Before all of this when we were little kids, I used to have dreams of a reptile like old lady trying to lure me into that empty room at night. In the dreams if I got close to the door, it would just appear nude and wrinkled laying on the ground and it would grab and claw at my leg, trying to pull me into that darkness. We both had similar dreams and for a brief period I had 2 nights were it felt like someone just started tickling me with force as if trying to frighten you awake. I would fall of the bed and the feeling of probing fingers under my arms would stop moments later.

Whenever I house sit for my parents, I bring my dogs with me and keep a loaded pistol in the night stand. To this day, when you are alone at night upstairs, you can almost feel someone watching you. There are a few other moments that stand out, but I don't know if these or those are interesting enough to keep going. Either way, I still find myself embarrassed by actually being afraid. I don't really believe in this stuff and just like to be entertained, so I feel like a hypocrite...

Centurion40

Did the experience drive you and Matt to create "South Park"?  ;)

If that happened to me, I'd never go back into that house.

Did anyone ever tell your folks?  If "yes", then what did they have to say about it?

b_dubb

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on January 27, 2015, 05:54:27 PM

Ok, I'm a little not experienced at this, but should I record a memo on the phone and see what happens? I swear to god if I hear something, I'll pass out on the spot. I'll try to video it, but it's random.
Any results? News?

albrecht

The stories on here are awesome and hopefully will be callers into the new MITD Ghost shows soon.

I only had one but I reckon it had a "normal" experience but who knows? I was driving through Tennessee one year coming up with a college friend on springbreak and needed to find a hotel because the Blazer had broken down (nice people at a nearby service station actually loaned us tools to fix the drive-shaft and an old-lady off the highway saw us working came out and gave us lemonade! And we all talked "UT" football and how both schools had orange colors.) Anyhow I found a cheap motel that was cheap (but shady looking.) It had old fake wood paneling, bad carpet, two twin beds, everything "locked down" tv etc, and some holes in the wall.

I went to the bathroom and sat down and noticed that the bathroom window/screen was partially busted-- but looked like from the inside (like someone trying to break OUT) and that the door to the bathroom had been kicked in (and then repaired- so a new door- but could tell on the door-jam.) Anyway, I just laughed and commented on it. We hit the sack. But at 2am I bolted awake and my heart was racing and I was sweating and mind racing. Very odd experience and at the time I was a young guy etc. And no drugs or anything. But in my mind I thought "I have to get out of here", I didn't want to wake my friend up so went into bathroom and threw some cold water on my face etc. But no dice. I thought, maybe I was having a heart-attack or something. It was pretty scary looking back on it. I stayed in bathroom for I don't know how long putting cold water on my brow and neck and telling myself to calm down etc. Anyway, I finally woke up my friend and demanded we leave. I covered, somewhat, by saying "let's get an early start and make good time" but really I "needed to leave that room". And he sorta could tell something was up but I never really explained it to him because didn't want to seem like a p*ssy and it was hard to explain.

Now, I figure, it was a panic attack. Though I never had one before, or after, (thankfully) although I can't rule out or figure WHY a panic attack there? Something bad happened in that motel room? Just random? I don't know.....

Quote from: Centurion40 on April 20, 2015, 01:39:33 PM
Did the experience drive you and Matt to create "South Park"?  ;)
Did anyone ever tell your folks?  If "yes", then what did they have to say about it?

Yes, we do so well I don't have to go back that often. :D

My father and mother would often find her down there freaking out and try to console her. They would usually just try and talk to her as if they could see what was going on and convince her to go back to her room. My old man started a decade long run of insomnia around that time though. He would just sit downstairs in the dark in his chair staring off into space. It made sneaking girls in during the high school years tricky! ;)

nudaydawning

My first time living on my own in an apartment. At one point I hear the sound of arguing coming from an adjoining apartment. I thought it might be the father and daughter in the apartment below mine as the one right beside mine was empty.

But then someone moved into that apartment and one day casually asked me if I had hear any "weird noises" coming from that apartment.

That was pretty creepy.

Possible haunting?

Quote from: nudaydawning on June 25, 2015, 03:40:32 PM
My first time living on my own in an apartment. At one point I hear the sound of arguing coming from an adjoining apartment. I thought it might be the father and daughter in the apartment below mine as the one right beside mine was empty.

But then someone moved into that apartment and one day casually asked me if I had hear any "weird noises" coming from that apartment.

That was pretty creepy.

Possible haunting?
That's pretty wild.

Holy Ghosts

My uncle had an interesting experience at the Hassayampa Inn, in Prescott, AZ. Before I go any further--has anyone else heard the stories about the Hassayampa? Or stayed there yourselves?

My uncle checked into the historic, red brick building in downtown Prescott, and headed upstairs to his room. He left his things on the bed, turned the light on in the room (a habit of his from working on the road; he likes to come back to a well-lit room), and headed downstairs to the bar. He realized he'd forgotten his wallet and went back upstairs to get it. When he entered his room, he realized the light switch was turned off. "Must have been the maid," he thought, and turned it back on. As he was walking down the hallway, he decided to grab his coat too, and turned to go back into the room. He hadn't walked 5 yards from the door, and hadn't left the hallway.
When he walked into the room, the lightswitch was turned off again.

Later that night, my uncle had terrible trouble sleeping. Horrid nightmares, the TV kept turning on by itself. He mentioned it to the bartender the next day. "What room are you staying in?" the bartender asked. My uncle told him.

"Yup, that's pretty close to...to her room." And the bartender explained that this room always gave guests trouble. A century ago, a newlywed couple had checked into that room. The man went out "for cigarettes" and never came back, abandoning his bride at the Hassayampa. After waiting for three days, she hung herself in that very room.

b_dubb

Quote from: Holy Ghosts on June 29, 2015, 04:42:00 PM
My uncle had an interesting experience at the Hassayampa Inn, in Prescott, AZ. Before I go any further--has anyone else heard the stories about the Hassayampa? Or stayed there yourselves?

My uncle checked into the historic, red brick building in downtown Prescott, and headed upstairs to his room. He left his things on the bed, turned the light on in the room (a habit of his from working on the road; he likes to come back to a well-lit room), and headed downstairs to the bar. He realized he'd forgotten his wallet and went back upstairs to get it. When he entered his room, he realized the light switch was turned off. "Must have been the maid," he thought, and turned it back on. As he was walking down the hallway, he decided to grab his coat too, and turned to go back into the room. He hadn't walked 5 yards from the door, and hadn't left the hallway.
When he walked into the room, the lightswitch was turned off again.

Later that night, my uncle had terrible trouble sleeping. Horrid nightmares, the TV kept turning on by itself. He mentioned it to the bartender the next day. "What room are you staying in?" the bartender asked. My uncle told him.

"Yup, that's pretty close to...to her room." And the bartender explained that this room always gave guests trouble. A century ago, a newlywed couple had checked into that room. The man went out "for cigarettes" and never came back, abandoning his bride at the Hassayampa. After waiting for three days, she hung herself in that very room.
Great story.  Now I have to change my pants.