• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Your Supernatural Experiences

Started by MV/Liberace!, May 08, 2008, 12:36:40 AM

Falkie2013

I'm having a weird thing happen and I'm beginning to wonder if either I have a shadow prankster or that my cats are even more mysterious than cats usually are and are tapping into something that I can't fathom.
I have been sound asleep and am awakened by very loud knocking at my front door which is about 8 feet or so from the couch I sleep on.
I get up, go to the door and open it and there's no one there but frequently one of my 2 cats is there or one of the ones I feed is.
I'm beginning to wonder if my cats are somehow psychically waking me up or something.
They're not scratching at the door so that's out.
This has been happening for months.

onan

Quote from: Falkie2013 on October 26, 2013, 03:36:41 AM
I'm having a weird thing happen and I'm beginning to wonder if either I have a shadow prankster or that my cats are even more mysterious than cats usually are and are tapping into something that I can't fathom.
I have been sound asleep and am awakened by very loud knocking at my front door which is about 8 feet or so from the couch I sleep on.
I get up, go to the door and open it and there's no one there but frequently one of my 2 cats is there or one of the ones I feed is.
I'm beginning to wonder if my cats are somehow psychically waking me up or something.

Leave your door open the next couple nights and see if the knocking goes away.

ziznak

Whenever I hear shit go bump in the night I just blame the kitties and go back to sleep... unless they are fighting then I yell and go back to sleep.

Quote from: Unquenchable Angst on October 25, 2013, 06:53:54 AM
I had a period of time where I had  constant problems with my neck. Headaches and sensation of a pinched nerve. During a 6 moth period while that was going on I was having a reoccurring dream of being in a Japanese prison on a pacific island. Every time the dream stated it would go further. In the dream I had escaped with others. Finally we made it to a beach and fashioned a raft from bamboo and started off the island . Then a group of Japanese soldiers caught up with us and beheaded us on the beach. I then dreamed my being went up and entered into a B-29 that was passing by the island.
Some time passed. a man came to my area that was conducting medicine wheels, sweat lodges and teaching  other loosely based native spiritual matters.
This guy also did past life regressions. I went to his talk one night. Out of the clear blue he asked me first if I would allow my self to be his demonstration. Curiosity got me and I accepted. He went on to tell me my neck problems were from having been beheaded and that I needed to work on forgiveness of those responsible for having killed me then I would be free from my neck pain. Also he said I had hid in a B-29 and went home with the pilot after the war and entered my current body through birth with the pilot and my mother.

That's a fascinating story, UA. Those are very detailed dreams. It's amazing how the shaman picked up on what you'd been experiencing. My favorite shows are the ones that center around children who have memories of past lives, if you will. There's been research in that area that is very suggestive of some kind of reincarnation process going on. Did your neck pain go away as a result? The advice about forgiveness is profound. Sounds like you had a great transformative experience.

As a child, I had a recurring dream of a church or cathedral with gray stone walls. I sat on the right side and there was Gregorian chanting in the background. That's all I remember but to this day, I'm drawn to Gregorian chant. And, I've long felt a sort of familiarity with wartime Britain, the music, the clothes, various non touristy landmarks and the culture, including the bombings. I've had many recurring dreams of dying in the UK, of either taking a plane to the UK which crashes or dying by some violent act which involves a plane. The feelings are so strong that I've wondered if I lived there during the war and died in a London bombing.

Sometimes, falkie, the veil between dream and wakefulness is so very thin as to be meaningless.  My rational mind wonders if perhaps you are dreaming of the knock and assuming it is real.  I've certainly also had that sort of dream.  I've also definitely incorporated actual sounds into dream until they (the sounds) at last awaken me.  Do you live in a spot where perhaps raccoons could be making the noise?  We are visited nightly by several of the wee beasties (though I will confess that they are not prone to knocking).

Juan

The last time that happened to me, it was the cops looking for some criminal bastard named Bradley.

Thought I'd give this thread a kick and post this interesting story I stumbled upon.
http://www.13wmaz.com/story/news/nation/2014/01/02/scientists-find-records-of-rare-earthquake-lights/4290007/
They outline some interesting cases in this piece! I'm interested in seeing if any of the evidence they cite (photographs, etc) are available online somewhere.

Tarbaby

I get up, go to the door and open it and there's no one there…
I just wonder if it could have been AldusBurbank. ;D

I never understood why ghosts don't go into the furniture-moving business.

Quote from: Evil Twin Of Zen on August 18, 2014, 10:24:39 PM
I never understood why ghosts don't go into the furniture-moving business.

It's because they're unable to do anything with it except move it back and forth, tip it over, and occasionally throw it across a room. 

Quote from: b_dubb on October 07, 2014, 06:01:41 PM
http://disinfo.com/2014/10/first-hint-life-death-biggest-ever-scientific-study/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+disinfo%2FoMPh+%28Disinformation%29

Dr Sam Parnia is one of the C2C guests I really enjoy. He doesn't draw conclusions, which is what I like about him, but he's gathered information that points to consciousness surviving for as long as 3 minutes past time of death with no heartbeat detected and flat brain waves. His area of specialty is resuscitation science. This is fascinating.

ZHero

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on October 07, 2014, 07:08:20 PM
It's because they're unable to do anything with it except move it back and forth, tip it over, and occasionally throw it across a room.

Actually that sounds like some furniture movers I had once.  But I'm pretty sure they were drunk.

zeebo

Quote from: ZHero on October 10, 2014, 09:13:41 PM
Actually that sounds like some furniture movers I had once.  But I'm pretty sure they were drunk.

Which begs the question ... Can ghosts get drunk?  I sure as hell hope so or else I better live forever. 

Maybe it's time to look into cryonics.  I'll even get frozen with my wake-up martini by my side, so it's pre-chilled when they rouse me from slumber.

pyewacket

Have you ever visited a haunted place? Are there any haunted places in your area? Please share your story with us.

There's a place in upstate New York that was featured on America's Most Haunted and also on the Ghosthunters. It's called Beardslee's Castle. A friend and I go there each year for an event. It's a beautiful drive and the place has a lot of spooky history.

My very first experience with this place was about 30 years ago when I was really young. I had to call them to make my reservation. The phone was answered by a very strange sounding man. I can still remember what he sounded like. I hesitated and started to state my request when another person cut in as if they were just now answering my call. I was already talking to someone and was startled by the new voice. They sounded very real and I made my reservation. When I hung up, I dismissed it as a trick they were playing because of their reputation and because it was for a Halloween party.

I asked the other people who were attending if they had a similar experience and they said they had not. No one else in the party who had called the Castle spoke to the strange man who answered with a "Beardslee's Manor" in a drawn out, odd sounding voice. Maybe it was a  ruse or maybe the ghost of a previous owner (who had committed suicide) answered the phone and I got to talk to him!  :-\

Here's some info:

http://beardsleecastle.com/ghostpage.htm

http://beardsleecastle.com/

I ate at the Brookdale Inn near Santa Cruz once.  A live creek runs through the restaurant.  A little girl drowned there some decades ago, and the place is said to be haunted.  It is currently closed for renovations, but the website has a picture of the place, and it does have a gloomy look to it.

The museum in Nevada City, CA, is supposedly haunted as well.  They have some Donner Party artifacts there, and it is a bit creepy, I will confess.

pyewacket

Quote from: West of the Rockies on October 21, 2014, 05:53:20 PM
I ate at the Brookdale Inn near Santa Cruz once.  A live creek runs through the restaurant.  A little girl drowned there some decades ago, and the place is said to be haunted.  It is currently closed for renovations, but the website has a picture of the place, and it does have a gloomy look to it.

The museum in Nevada City, CA, is supposedly haunted as well.  They have some Donner Party artifacts there, and it is a bit creepy, I will confess.

Those sound interesting- I'll look for some websites about them. Child ghost are supposedly pretty strong hauntings. The Donner Party story is so sad and disturbing - I would expect that any artifacts would retain a creepy vibe. Thank you, West.  :)

aldousburbank

Quote from: West of the Rockies on October 21, 2014, 05:53:20 PM

As well the National Hotel in Nevada City.

Heather Wade

When I was in high school, we took in my grandma to care for her in her last years.  Her room was directly across from mine. 

As a night owl, I would be up late into the wee hours reading, drawing, or listening to some late night radio.  Often, I could hear grandma talking & whispering to herself as late as 3:00 AM.  One morning, I went out to the store, and came home to discover she had passed away. 

Every night for the next two weeks, I heard her whispering in her room.  Eventually the whispers faded away into silence. 

Quote from: (Redacted) on October 21, 2014, 06:31:13 PM
When I was in high school, we took in my grandma to care for her in her last years.  Her room was directly across from mine. 

As a night owl, I would be up late into the wee hours reading, drawing, or listening to some late night radio.  Often, I could hear grandma talking & whispering to herself as late as 3:00 AM.  One morning, I went out to the store, and came home to discover she had passed away. 

Every night for the next two weeks, I heard her whispering in her room.  Eventually the whispers faded away into silence.

Yikes!  Were you able to make out anything she said?

Interesting story, Redacted!  I'd enjoy hearing more detail.

Kelt

I spent some time in Kentucky a few years back, yeehaw, and took a visit to the old sanatorium. Waverly Hills Sanatorium, it was called.

...you have to say "The Old Sanatorium" in the voice of a Scooby Doo peripheral character, btw.  As in, "You kids are headed to the old sanatorium?"

Expected to find it gated and locked, but you can just drive right on up to it. 

5 minutes should be just about long enough for anyone to get nervous to the point of running back to the car and deciding that, yeah, seen enough.

Didn't see room 502, didn't see the tunnels, but saw enough.

Also spent a night at Dunnottar at an event, was fucked up on jellies and assorted pills, and got freaked out at the Chapel where William Wallace burned the English garrison alive.  Few places on Earth impose history on you in the way Dunnottar Castle does. You step through the gatehouse and you feel it all around you.

If there are ghosts, you'll find them there.

Kelt

Oh, also been to Slain's Castle numerous times. The crumbling edifice that inspired Bram Stoker to write Dracula.

cweb

Around here we have a nice little naval park on the water with a few ships. Aside from the cool historical tours and military history, one of the ships is said to be haunted. It's called the USS The Sullivans and is named for three brothers who died aboard the same ship during WWII.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_The_Sullivans_%28DD-537%29
One story involves the picture of the Sullivan brother named George. Visitors have reportedly taken pictures of his portrait, only for them to develop and have a skull in his place. (Having videotaped and photographed the same, I did not have such luck.)

At night, workers conducting repairs have reported hearing what sounded like men inside the ship playing cards. One report included seeing several men at a table-- floating.

Another person who worked aboard the ship reported walking around a corner in the crew quarters to be suddenly confronted with a burnt face. He was so shocked that he called the police and abruptly quit thereafter.

And finally, a couple contacted the main office to thank them for getting a wonderful tour of the ship. They were shown around by a gentleman in an "admiral's uniform." Except there were no tours given on the day they were there. And nobody on staff was an admiral, much less dressed like one. (Doesn't count out random costume-wearing weirdos though.)

Having been on the ship multiple times, I can't say I felt or saw anything unusual. That said, it was still pretty cool to check out the old ship and its tech from the past.

pyewacket

My parents lived in the same house for nearly 70 years. It was owned by a priest before and had changed hands a few times before they bought it. They were very attached to the house and were angry when they had to leave for a nursing facility to get the care they needed at the end of their lives. My dad left the house first and died almost 2 years later. Mom stayed in the house until, she too, needed nursing care. The house was in the names of 2 siblings. They rented it and the tenant said she got up one night for a drink of water and saw an old man seated at the breakfast table. He looked at her, got up, and left through the wall in the front of the house. Her description matched Dad's. She was excited about it and wanted to stay in the house but one sibling wanted to sell the house. They did eventually and I haven't heard if the new owners had any sightings.   

ksm32

Quote from: Kelt on October 21, 2014, 07:18:56 PM
Oh, also been to Slain's Castle numerous times. The crumbling edifice that inspired Bram Stoker to write Dracula.

Thank you Kelt, for posting these castle vacation ideas. We are planning a vacation for anything BUT sunny beaches.

Heather Wade

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on October 21, 2014, 06:46:52 PM
Yikes!  Were you able to make out anything she said?

Quote from: West of the Rockies on October 21, 2014, 06:48:46 PM
Interesting story, Redacted!  I'd enjoy hearing more detail.

I never told anyone, not even the other family members, that I could hear grandma whispering to herself at night.  Strange thing was, she never did this during the day, only at night.  She had notebooks she would write in; letters to people she had known throughout her life.  Every night she would start writing, to people time had long forgotten, letters that would never be sent.  She whispered out loud every word she wrote. 

I kept this to myself because we had an unwritten rule that grandma, who had survived The Great Depression & WWII, should be spoiled as much as possible in her final years.  I let her have her private time, writing her letters for hours on end, undisturbed.  She had an endless supply of notebooks and pens, and never knew where they came from.  When I bought them for myself, I always got a couple extra for her.  When her current notebook filled up, there was a fresh one waiting on her desk.

She must have had a few more letters to write.  I'll never forget the distinct sound of her whispering after she had passed away.  For those two weeks, I did not turn on the radio, or distract myself in any way.  Listening to her whisper her letters was too fascinating.  I'd wait for the household to settle down for the night, curl up on my bed, and listen in the dark for hours until her whispers finally faded away.