• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

President Donald J. Trump

Started by The General, February 11, 2011, 01:33:34 AM

SredniVashtar

Quote from: GravitySucks on June 15, 2018, 04:05:03 PM
If you had a constitution you might understand. I know I will never convince you. You live on an island that is isolated from the world. Your gun laws work for the same reason that they work in Australia. You have a small population that is geographically isolated from the rest of the world. And you don’t have a constitutional right to have them so your government can do whatever they choose to enforce the law.

By “most shootings” I obviously meant in the US, but then you knew that.

We have enough gun laws. They need to enforce the ones they have. Less than .01% of the people that fail the background check for lying on their application are ever investigated.

Most firearms crimes are committed by people that are already unable to obtain a firearm illegally.
There are enough gun laws.

If you are concerned about saving lives - get the most bang for the buck. Their is no plausible argument for legal alcohol and cigarettes while outlawing marijuana and guns.

And knowing neither of us will be swayed by either’s witty repartee, I beg of you to open up a non-alcoholic beverage and join me in a toast to a wonderful weekend!

There are enough gun laws? There are enough guns. full stop! The more you have, the more trouble you'll likely to get, particularly if you add mental illness to the brew.

I'm going to make a note in my diary. I was actually lectured by an American about being isolated from the world. It just shows that you'll hear it all if you stick around long enough.

(I hope Yorkie doesn't have a stroke when he reads your comment).

And you just indulged in classic whataboutism. Trying to divert attention with a spurious comparison.

I can actually listen to opposing arguments, believe it or not. But I'd rather hear good ones.

Quote from: GravitySucks on June 15, 2018, 04:12:01 PM
Spice Girls?

Well, you got Heart, and you have the Spicegirls...I'm thinking of more in between those eras.  Maybe I'm remembering Belinda with the baby fat, like 21 pointed out.

Quote from: Billy Joe Mulgreavey on June 15, 2018, 04:11:02 PM
Maybe, but I was thinking the girl in question was in a band with more girls.  Maybe I'm thinking a decade late...maybe I'm thinking of Heart.

Go-Go's

Asuka Langley

Quote from: Billy Joe Mulgreavey on June 15, 2018, 03:59:50 PM
OK, was looking for Belinda fat pictures...could have swore she got fat at some point.  I don't think she did.  In fact, I didn't realize that she was/is kinda cute.  Who am I thinking of?  Eighties frontgirl who got fat?

Ann Wilson?

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Billy Joe Mulgreavey on June 15, 2018, 04:11:02 PM
Maybe, but I was thinking the girl in question was in a band with more girls.  Maybe I'm thinking a decade late...maybe I'm thinking of Heart.

Susanna Hoffs hasn't been hitting the sweet trolley hard, has she?

GravitySucks

Quote from: SredniVashtar on June 15, 2018, 04:16:19 PM
There are enough gun laws? There are enough guns. full stop! The more you have, the more trouble you'll likely to get, particularly if you add mental illness to the brew.

I'm going to make a note in my diary. I was actually lectured by an American about being isolated from the world. It just shows that you'll hear it all if you stick around long enough.

(I hope Yorkie doesn't have a stroke when he reads your comment).

And you just indulged in classic whataboutism. Trying to divert attention with a spurious comparison.

I can actually listen to opposing arguments, believe it or not. But I'd rather hear good ones.

So your answer is that you don’t actually have a non-alcoholic beverage to toast with?

Didn’t this whole discussion start with you doing a whataboutism as it pertains to guns?

See you Monday. This is a no-politics on the weekend debate free zone for me. Time to search for Senda.

Quote from: 21st Century Man on June 15, 2018, 04:16:55 PM

Go-Go's

Yeah, you're right, she got better looking as she aged.  That's not really a flattering pic anyway.  Are you sure the first two on the left aren't guys?

GravitySucks

Quote from: Billy Joe Mulgreavey on June 15, 2018, 04:16:50 PM
Well, you got Heart, and you have the Spicegirls...I'm thinking of more in between those eras.  Maybe I'm remembering Belinda with the baby fat, like 21 pointed out.

Abba

Quote from: SredniVashtar on June 15, 2018, 04:17:48 PM
Susanna Hoffs hasn't been hitting the sweet trolley hard, has she?

No!  She has held up nicely over the years by the looks of things.

Quote from: GravitySucks on June 15, 2018, 04:21:43 PM
Abba
Isn't at least one of those girls Scandinavian?  As far as size, those girls have that going against them right out of the gate. 

Quote from: Billy Joe Mulgreavey on June 15, 2018, 04:21:37 PM
Yeah, you're right, she got better looking as she aged.  That's not really a flattering pic anyway.  Are you sure the first two on the left aren't guys?

LOL.  If it was a pic from today, I would say I'm not sure.  Since it was 1980, I think it is a fairly safe bet they were girls though I see what you mean.  I also liked the girl on the far right, Jane Wiedlin.  She was a hot little number.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Billy Joe Mulgreavey on June 15, 2018, 04:21:37 PM

Christ! That one second from the left is the stuff of nightmares.

Quote from: SredniVashtar on June 15, 2018, 04:26:32 PM
Christ! That one second from the left is the stuff of nightmares.

I was always partial to little pixie Jane too...far right.

Asuka Langley

Quote from: 21st Century Man on June 15, 2018, 04:16:55 PM

Go-Go's

Were there any good looking girl groups in the 80's? The gogos looks like a bag of smashed assholes

Gd5150

Quote from: Billy Joe Mulgreavey on June 15, 2018, 03:59:50 PM
OK, was looking for Belinda fat pictures...could have swore she got fat at some point.  I don't think she did.  In fact, I didn't realize that she was/is kinda cute.  Who am I thinking of?  Eighties frontgirl who got fat?

Heart lead singer. Ann Wilson. Not to be confused with Carnie Wilson of Wilson Phillips.

Asuka Langley

Quote from: Gd5150 on June 15, 2018, 04:33:22 PM
Heart lead singer. Ann Wilson. Not to be confused with Carnie Wilson of Wilson Phillips.

The one on the right looks goth as fugg, would bang.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Billy Joe Mulgreavey on June 15, 2018, 04:30:07 PM
I was always partial to little pixie Jane too...far right.

I used to own a signed photo of her. I must have been about 11 or 12. I used to randomly send out letters to anyone who happened to catch my attention. She was the only one who replied. I think I forgot to put enough stamps on them.

Gd5150

Quote from: Kizuna Ai on June 15, 2018, 04:32:51 PM
Were there any good looking girl groups in the 80's? The gogos looks like a bag of smashed assholes

Bengals lead singer Susanna Hoffs. The rest were bowzers.

Asuka Langley

Quote from: Gd5150 on June 15, 2018, 04:36:32 PM
Bengals lead singer Susanna Hoffs. The rest were bowzers.

looks promising, going to google brb

Gd5150

Quote from: Kizuna Ai on June 15, 2018, 04:35:30 PM

Joan Jett? You dont bang her, she bang youz.

Quote from: Kizuna Ai on June 15, 2018, 04:35:30 PM

Wendy Wilson.
One of Brian's kids.
She's cute!

Quote from: SredniVashtar on June 15, 2018, 04:36:12 PM
I used to own a signed photo of her. I must have been about 11 or 12. I used to randomly send out letters to anyone who happened to catch my attention. She was the only one who replied. I think I forgot to put enough stamps on them.

Yeah, got to include the proper amount of stampage.  I remember hearing a story about how Phil Collins used to read all his fan mail.  One day he got a note from a little kid who said he had AIDS and that no one would play with him.  Phil felt bad for the kid and sent him a few hundred pounds, smakers, hoodlydoodlys or whatever you guys use for currency over there, so the kid could buy some toys.  A few years later, Phil gets a letter from a college kid who was suffering from some disease or another, couldn't afford his tuition, his parents tapped out because of his care, etc.  The letter was written in the same handwriting as the former.  So Phil wrote him back and told him he was sorry the kid suffered from _________ but was glad his AIDS had cleared up. 

Asuka Langley

Quote from: Gd5150 on June 15, 2018, 04:42:58 PM
Joan Jett? You dont bang her, she bang youz.

But i dont want it to burn when i pee desu~

Quote from: Kizuna Ai on June 15, 2018, 04:40:27 PM
nope.

http://www.jewornotjew.com/profile.jsp?ID=1511

Oh no, not the Jew or Not Jew site!  LOL.  My wife brought my attention to that site.
It is fun to consult when we have a question about a celebrity's background.
Not that we really care one way or the other.

Quote from: Kizuna Ai on June 15, 2018, 04:32:51 PM

So, no go on the GoGos?  How about this GoGo?  I would think she'd be more to your liking.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Billy Joe Mulgreavey on June 15, 2018, 04:45:09 PM
Yeah, got to include the proper amount of stampage.  I remember hearing a story about how Phil Collins used to read all his fan mail.  One day he got a note from a little kid who said he had AIDS and that no one would play with him.  Phil felt bad for the kid and sent him a few hundred pounds, smakers, hoodlydoodlys or whatever you guys use for currency over there, so the kid could buy some toys.  A few years later, Phil gets a letter from a college kid who was suffering from some disease or another, couldn't afford his tuition, his parents tapped out because of his care, etc.  The letter was written in the same handwriting as the former.  So Phil wrote him back and told him he was sorry the kid suffered from _________ but was glad his AIDS had cleared up.

Phil Collins reading his fan mail probably took less time than it takes Senda to eat a donut. Did the begging letters have a Martinez postmark perchance?

GravitySucks

Quote from: SredniVashtar on June 15, 2018, 04:53:02 PM
Phil Collins reading his fan mail probably took less time than it takes Senda to eat a donut. Did the begging letters have a Martinez postmark perchance?

What was the genesis of that comparison?