A Vulcan
97 (39.6%)
Hank's Japanese half-brother, "Junichero," in King of the Hill eps. 6ABE20-21  
57 (23.3%)
A stoner sufer named "Tracker," who mentored Sean Penn & Keanu Reeves
47 (19.2%)
Frankenstein's Monster
102 (41.6%)
One of those faces on the Sgt. Pepper album (2nd row from the top. Face #5)
66 (26.9%)

Total Members Voted: 245

stevesh

And yet another thread descends into the dismal, boring swamp of right vs. left partisan political nonsense.

If anyone is interested, I thought Wells did an excellent job with his second guest, Bob Wright, tonight. Wells had obviously prepared for the interview and his questions were cogent and even insightful. The guy is growing on me. The fact that he almost always accepts few, if any, calls from the public is icing on the cake.

As for his first guest, Craig Hulet, not so much, but I doubt if even Art Bell could host an interesting show featuring Hulet's angry, bitter old white man ranting.

Scully

Quote from: stevesh on January 11, 2013, 04:42:30 AM
And yet another thread descends into the dismal, boring swamp of right vs. left partisan political nonsense. ...

I hate when that happens.

What with JBW being a stereotypical right-wing extremist nutcase with guests and topics to match, though, I can understand how political pissing contests tend to break out on a thread about this particular host ...

But I still hate it.   :P 

Did saliva actually fall from his chin as he was fawning all over the guy who "built custom hand guns"??
I thought I heard it hitting the mic.

****sigh****

valdez

Quote from: onan on January 10, 2013, 03:29:21 PM
...We are not the same country we were during the war of independence...
Quote from: Sardondi on January 10, 2013, 03:07:15 PM
...without doubt they feared the concentration of too much power in government. Not, "would keep an eye on"; not, "were leery of": they feared government power...
Quote from: somatic hypermutation on January 11, 2013, 01:36:39 AM
John b Wells need a new line of work...
Quote from: Robyrolfo on January 11, 2013, 02:54:46 AM
...this is absolutely horrible...
Quote from: stevesh on January 11, 2013, 04:42:30 AM
And yet another thread descends...

Most times Craig B. Hulet is an unbearable, psychotic, delusional, Bush blaming, Al Qaeda denying, Iranian loving, lefty form hell.  Tonight he made up for all that.  Tonight Hulet soared.  I especially liked his thoughts on our local sheriffs, and how they may just have the power to deputise an entire county of armed citizens to protect and defend against any federal shenanigans.  Wouldn't that be so cool?  Wouldn't that be so uniquely American?  His thoughts on the left's (progressives) hatred of white male Christan heterosexuals was interesting, but its not necessary, and perhaps counterproductive to break things down to that level.  And Wells needs to he needs to stop with the "Sandy Hook/Colorado/government false flag" crap, because that will be his downfall.
     Wells' subject matters do seem to have a tendency to lean into the extreme paranoid ends of the spectrum, causing this thread to sometimes tailspin out of control (sort of like his monologues), and politics can really get people at each other, but we're a smart bunch (except for that "Nena" girl awhile back, jeez, remember her?) and if we can deal with bigfoot, and grassy knolls, and Hoagland's mysterious apartment complexes on Mars, and Higgs Bosons, and flying piranha raccoons, we can deal with just about anything.  I hope.
     Oh, yeah.  Dr. Bob Wright on how to be happy. Heck, I ain't got no time for that.

The sheriff with his rifle
cool

Quote from: valdez on January 11, 2013, 07:38:33 AM

Most times Craig B. Hulet is an unbearable, psychotic, delusional, Bush blaming, Al Qaeda denying, Iranian loving, lefty form hell.  Tonight he made up for all that.  Tonight Hulet soared.  I especially liked his thoughts on our local sheriffs, and how they may just have the power to deputise an entire county of armed citizens to protect and defend against any federal shenanigans.  Wouldn't that be so cool?  Wouldn't that be so uniquely American?  His thoughts on the left's (progressives) hatred of white male Christan heterosexuals was interesting, but its not necessary, and perhaps counterproductive to break things down to that level.  And Wells needs to he needs to stop with the "Sandy Hook/Colorado/government false flag" crap, because that will be his downfall.
     Wells' subject matters do seem to have a tendency to lean into the extreme paranoid ends of the spectrum, causing this thread to sometimes tailspin out of control (sort of like his monologues), and politics can really get people at each other, but we're a smart bunch (except for that "Nena" girl awhile back, jeez, remember her?) and if we can deal with bigfoot, and grassy knolls, and Hoagland's mysterious apartment complexes on Mars, and Higgs Bosons, and flying piranha raccoons, we can deal with just about anything.  I hope.
     Oh, yeah.  Dr. Bob Wright on how to be happy. Heck, I ain't got no time for that.

The sheriff with his rifle
cool

One of your best show summaries yet.

Juan

I also liked that the guest said Fast and Furious was a government operation but dismissed Well's other claims.

Wells, unlike sNoory, is improving as a host.  And by improving, I mean the craft of running a talk show - getting into and out of breaks, asking questions, paying attention, etc.  I wish he's get interested in other subject matter.

I am new here, but not to CTC.

John B Wells is the only worthwhile host on CTC. I enjoy him. He has style at least. If I know John will be the host I always listen. The show the other night with the voice modulator (Cobra) reminded me of the old Art Bell days. I really enjoyed that spontaneous feeling we used to get with Art. You WONT get any of that with Noory. Noory has become a corporate, boring, uninspired, tool.

As far as Left VS Right. There is no Left VS Right on CTC. It is how the host see's things. Plain and simple. No one is purposefully promoting any specific ideology, other than free thinking. Right VS Left is frankly destroying this country. Stop bickering and saying "only my side is right". It's garbage. Quit calling people on one side "extremists", it's hogwash. Quit taking "sides" and grouping yourself in with other clowns.

Please people. Take your childish bickering elsewhere. Show some respect. Stay on topic.

Now, if we could get Art Bell, John B Wells, and Clyde Lewis together you'd have yourself one HELL of a show!

Ruteger

"He Smells" B. Wells. Is the only host I am aware of that makes the Nooron look competent. Wells sux big-time. If i hear him say "George Noory the ship's captain" one more time I will puke!

Mels-hole1984

I actually think he's doing a pretty good job tonight....

Quote from: Mels-hole1984 on January 12, 2013, 02:18:44 AM
I actually think he's doing a pretty good job tonight....

...but the replay on the Fine Art stream of ghost to ghost is SOOOO much better.

Mels-hole1984

Quote from: somatic hypermutation on January 12, 2013, 02:20:44 AM
...but the replay on the Fine Art stream of ghost to ghost is SOOOO much better.

I'm sure it is but...I've heard them all time and again...I didn't know it was on...Thanks...I'm going to check it out right now.

mombird3

Wells takes the calls and seems to be able to handle them. And the show is pretty good.

Mels-hole1984

Quote from: mombird3 on January 12, 2013, 02:39:05 AM
Wells takes the calls and seems to be able to handle them. And the show is pretty good.

I agree...Wells is good...I dont understand all the hatred for him on coastgab...I enjoy listening to him.

Doomed

For me, Wells is a hit or miss, depending on show content. I hate his political lean, but on the other hand he displays a natural curiosity when it comes to things that bump in the night. Too bad the former outweighs the latter. There is one thing I do like. His choice in bumper music. Im a hard core Robin Trower fan ya see. Back in Wells day as a hard rock FM jock, Ill bet he put on a damn fine show. But that was then and this is now.

stevesh

I understand the idea of unscreened Open Lines, but:

Since the callers have to talk to a producer first anyway, would it be all that bad if they were at least screened for sobriety ?

When you don't screen calls for content, you get last night's show: mostly middle-aged men and women ranting about how things were so much better when they were kids, and these kids today with their smartphones and XBoxes are ruining this great country. In short, the same people who call every other talk radio show that will have them. Boring.

Wells did OK, but he let many callers drone on for far too long.

Quote from: stevesh on January 12, 2013, 04:32:09 AM
I understand the idea of unscreened Open Lines, but:

Since the callers have to talk to a producer first anyway, would it be all that bad if they were at least screened for sobriety ?

They probably got drunk during the two hours they were on hold.

valdez

Noory should be worried. Between the fine job Wells has done so far this week, and Art Bell posting here at coastgab (yes!) about a possible return, he'd be lucky to be washing dishes at the local soup kitchen with Greg the cook. Naked Lines is most definitely a shot at "the ship's captain," and actually listening and conversing with callers is just plain mutiny. And I always appreciate it when somebody dares to question the wisdom of our emperor of the north, Mike Bloomberg, for first he went after the lemonheads, and nobody cared; then he went after biggie drinks, and they shrugged; then he went after mustard...

vigilance

Sleepwalker

Quote from: Doomed on January 12, 2013, 03:49:40 AM
For me, Wells is a hit or miss, depending on show content. I hate his political lean, but on the other hand he displays a natural curiosity when it comes to things that bump in the night. Too bad the former outweighs the latter. There is one thing I do like. His choice in bumper music. Im a hard core Robin Trower fan ya see. Back in Wells day as a hard rock FM jock, Ill bet he put on a damn fine show. But that was then and this is now.

I agree.  Wells is intelligent and a good interviewer.  He also has a great voice for radio.  If he would stay off the conspiracy stuff I think he'd be a great host.  What drives me up the wall is the Sandy Hook was a setup so the government can take away our guns, herd us all together into FEMA camps and commit genocide on us routine.

Mels-hole1984

Quote from: Doomed on January 12, 2013, 03:49:40 AM
What exactly do you mean by his political mean?

Juan

The general idiocy of the callers shows the decline of the show since Art's day. Wells engaged the callers but needs to learn how to dump them more quickly.

CrabbyOld Bat

Quote from: Scully on January 11, 2013, 06:12:09 AM

I hate when that happens.

What with JBW being a stereotypical right-wing extremist nutcase with guests and topics to match, though, I can understand how political pissing contests tend to break out on a thread about this particular host ...

But I still hate it.   :P

I second everything she said. Especially the bold parts.

Just sayin'.  8)

svenn

First, CTC was and always will be, Art Bell. The current version is CGI - it only looks like CTC from a distance. Same applies to JBW. His voice (and it is a good one) is the only thing that makes one think, "CTC". Once you actually begin to listen, however, you realize that decibels and frequency and pitch don't translate to the real thing. JBW would be better placed on a Fox News program or as a guest host for one of the ranters that clutter the airwaves at night. Not what CTC was all about when Art was on the air. Unless Ian Punnett or George Knapp are hosting, I don't tune in. Maybe, if we are very fortunate, we will again get to "take a ride" with the real McCoy.

Mels-hole1984

Quote from: svenn on January 12, 2013, 11:23:20 AM
First, CTC was and always will be, Art Bell. The current version is CGI - it only looks like CTC from a distance. Same applies to JBW. His voice (and it is a good one) is the only thing that makes one think, "CTC". Once you actually begin to listen, however, you realize that decibels and frequency and pitch don't translate to the real thing. JBW would be better placed on a Fox News program or as a guest host for one of the ranters that clutter the airwaves at night. Not what CTC was all about when Art was on the air. Unless Ian Punnett or George Knapp are hosting, I don't tune in. Maybe, if we are very fortunate, we will again get to "take a ride" with the real McCoy.
You are right to an extent...By Christ! you people said the same thing about Ian...I happen to like him too...Nobody can replace Art...At this point anybody would be good...I mean shit...give me back the babe in the bunker...

b_dubb

Wells should be fired on air for saying that the Sandy Hook shooting was a false flag op designed to shift public opinion towards gun control. It may have that affect but to suggest that it was planned by covert govt elements is just SICK

Morgus

The best thing on last night's Friday c2c show was the lack of Noory playing the stupid UFO Phil song... :)

slipstream

I think this week showed that he has improved a lot over the course of the past year.

Neil

Quote from: b_dubb on January 12, 2013, 11:45:02 AM
Wells should be fired on air for saying that the Sandy Hook shooting was a false flag op designed to shift public opinion towards gun control. It may have that affect but to suggest that it was planned by covert govt elements is just SICK

Having the opinion is one thing, but raising it while the wound is still bleeding is another. 

And no, he should not be fired for it.

Quote from: Sleepwalker on January 12, 2013, 06:51:01 AM
I agree.  Wells is intelligent and a good interviewer.  He also has a great voice for radio.  If he would stay off the conspiracy stuff I think he'd be a great host.  What drives me up the wall is the Sandy Hook was a setup so the government can take away our guns, herd us all together into FEMA camps and commit genocide on us routine.

That's the line in the sand with me, too,  and the main reason I don't listen to Wells. What happened at Sandy Hook was bad enough on its own as the result of a mentally ill person going on a rampage killing little kids, but to ascribe it to off the wall paranoid conspiracies is where I part company with his show.

Juan

Is what Wells said any different than what all the 911-Truthers said who sNoory had on soon after he took over?  They're all nuts.