• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Am I the only one without the PM feature anymore?

Started by DigitalPigSnuggler, August 23, 2019, 03:59:57 PM

starrmtn001

Quote from: VENUS FIREBALL XL5 on August 26, 2019, 01:56:09 PM
Wow I like this spunky side of you Miss Starr🐱Ya Baby

I've calmed down since then.  Yeah, I can get spunky when the need arises, but I piss myself off when I start to get carried away with the vulgarities.  Yes, it works for some people.  It doesn't work for me.
If someone has mistreated me I know I have a right, a duty, to stand up for myself. 
But, being strong does not require being vulgar.  This is a personal rule of mine and not required from anyone else.
It's not an easy rule.  I have broken it on several occasions.  But I just keep on, keepin' on. ;) ;D 8)

paladin1991

Quote from: starrmtn001 on August 26, 2019, 02:22:08 PM
I've calmed down since then.  Yeah, I can get spunky when the need arises, but I piss myself off when I start to get carried away with the vulgarities.  Yes, it works for some people.  It doesn't work for me.
If someone has mistreated me I know I have a right, a duty, to stand up for myself. 
But, being strong does not require being vulgar.  This is a personal rule of mine and not required from anyone else.
It's not an easy rule.  I have broken it on several occasions.  But I just keep on, keepin' on. ;) ;D 8)
I  love it when you talk dirty.  Makes Filthy.  And Hot.  Mostly Filthy, though.

starrmtn001

Quote from: paladin1991 on August 26, 2019, 02:30:37 PM
I  love it when you talk dirty.  Makes Filthy.  And Hot.  Mostly Filthy, though.
Well, that ain't gonna happen any more till our PM option is restored.

Hey!  You're a stand-up dude. 
Maybe you could get together with brig and run interference for the rest of us.
It's just a thot, man. ;)

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: WOTR on August 26, 2019, 03:43:22 AM
I agree. I had refrained from sending anything that I would be upset if people published to the board. However, it would be nice to have access to the PM's that were already sent (even if it were just for a day.) I had a blog address that only resides in my PM's for an ex-member who keeps a blog on her kid with a challenge (no, I'm not going to reveal more.) I also had one email address that only resides in the PM's.

I'm sure there is a reason for them to be gone, and I should have been smart enough to have moved that information somewhere else after BG disappeared for a few months- but I didn't. Call me stupid or short sighted. I figured that if BG was back to stay it wasn't something to worry about (but then I hadn't considered that PM's were a feature that would disappear.)

So, any chance that there is a database that might make a return for awhile, or is it a dead feature?

If anyone would like an export of their private messages, send an email to admin@bellgab.com and it'll be generated for you.

paladin1991

Quote from: Liberace! on August 26, 2019, 02:35:56 PM
If anyone would like an export of their private messages, send an email to admin@bellgab.com and it'll be generated for you.

Very cool.  will it include naked pictures? 

starrmtn001

Sure.  Why not?  Okay.  Doing that, now.

pate

I generally deleted the PMs as they came in and generally deleted my responses (if any) as they went out, would my "export" file be empty or would I have the distinct pleasure/pain of re-reading things I had furgoatten about?

Axing for fien.

[attachment=1]

starrmtn001

Quote from: paladin1991 on August 26, 2019, 02:39:08 PM
Very cool.  will it include naked pictures?

Probably not, unless they are selfies.;D
(Like I took of me legs).  ;)

LadyFish

Now that Art is gone, could we see his?

A thread titled something like, “On this date, Art PM’d” could be a fun read. Not disclosing who the  recipients of the PMs were could potentially  generate a lot of speculation.

WOTR

Thanks. I suppose this is why I referred to you in my PM's as "Liberace the benevolent."  ;)

Now I just have to get off my ass and do this.  8)

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: LadyFish on August 26, 2019, 03:18:14 PM

A thread titled something like, “On this date, Art PM’d” could be a fun read. Not disclosing who the  recipients of the PMs were could potentially  generate a lot of speculation.

I have to say, it's an interesting idea...

paladin1991

This ….. has caught my interest.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: paladin1991 on August 27, 2019, 09:35:00 AM
This ….. has caught my interest.

The BellGab board of directors is closely evaluating this idea...

whoozit

Would an email and donation get me another BellGabber’s PM’s? 

albrecht

Quote from: Liberace! on August 27, 2019, 11:14:15 AM
The BellGab board of directors is closely evaluating this idea...
Of course some of them might have to be "redacted" for privacy of some BGers still living. Pun intended.

SredniVashtar

Perhaps with a few, ahem, redactions in the body of the text to protect the innocent (or guilty). Something like, 'I'm stroking my cock, H*****r, and thinking about your man hands all over my gnarly old body.'

artbell_ghost

Quote from: SredniVashtar on August 27, 2019, 04:27:22 PM
Perhaps with a few, ahem, redactions in the body of the text to protect the innocent (or guilty). Something like, 'I'm stroking my cock, H*****r, and thinking about your man hands all over my gnarly old body.'

normally i’d make fun of you but this is truer than you realize and i respect it

Quote from: SredniVashtar on August 27, 2019, 04:27:22 PM

That would just lead to more Q's - as in did he keep it classy and just use thumb and forefinger only or beat away savagely with both rosy palms?

Probably best to just leave them locked away in the vault..............

Taaroa

How am I meant to send pms to MV about removed features when he has removed that feature?

Quote from: Taaroa on August 29, 2019, 10:16:17 PM
How am I meant to send pms to MV about removed features when he has removed that feature?

The answer lies in this short clip.  Watch it.  Learn it.  Know it.  Live it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LFujE3Y-ZI

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Taaroa on August 29, 2019, 10:16:17 PM

One could always head over and send a complaint PM to Paper*Boy and he will psychically transmit any frustrations to me.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Liberace! on August 29, 2019, 10:53:18 PM
One could always head over and send a complaint PM to Paper*Boy and he will psychically transmit any frustrations to me.

Ooh! He’s good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KSOTfLFVwc

Hog

Hey Lee, thanks for making our Saved PMs available under "MY MESSAGES" at the top of the screen.

Is this a more permanent feature or should we export that data ASAP because it will only be setup that way for a shorter duration?
Thank you!

peace
Hog

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Hog on September 14, 2019, 11:16:56 AM
Hey Lee, thanks for making our Saved PMs available under "MY MESSAGES" at the top of the screen.

Is this a more permanent feature or should we export that data ASAP because it will only be setup that way for a shorter duration?
Thank you!

peace
Hog

Old private messages will be available for a couple months and then they'll be deleted.

pate

ObL!,

This PMs debacle-activation, has me amused and somewhat stymied.

Now eye can find coq-piques & Hoarsepr0n via other fine intartube establishments, but there were on very rare occasions ireceipt PMs nBoxes with amminently deletable informations.

Most of these rare occasions occurred when the less un-hinged occasional bellchanner, had a tidbit or comment to share.  I enjoyed these for what they were worth, replied and promptly deleted (foar the server!) the PMs.  That part was fun.

The unhinged ones, were fun two, but usually got my "boiler-plate": Eye Doane's (backpill) PMs, pubic address police! or similar reply and were promptly deleted (foar the server!).

I miss the less un-hinged PMs and it has been bothering me these past few days/weaks on how to allow reasonable contact from parties that are mutually intardasting two each other.  Without sacrificing the strict protections to intartube anonymity that bellchan became and still is famous four;  I search for a reasonable alternative.

My first instinct was to create an account at http://www.simplemasheens.org and check in there from thyme to thyme for PMs, this seems Toynbee a clunky and inconvenient work-around, although it will suffice if necessary.

An idea I had for the PMs junkies out there, and to a lesser degree myslef was to utilize the "Allow users to e-mail me" checkbox found in the Profile Settings menu.

Which I am loathe to check due to some minor security concerns entirely in mynd;  2wit, if an un-hinged bellchanner were to click the "e-mail pate" button would my precious private burner e-mail be exposed to view by Robotic Web-crawling Evil-doers, Denizens of NYC/LA/SFbay, Korean/Germanic |33+ haxors, &t al>(by "al" I mean albrecht, it is fun to chat in the open with the guy, but I don't know if I'd like him to have my he-m@il addy, wink-wink Nuge-Nuge, rite)?

I have tried to lightly inCode this open-air comm, fuh muh secr'ty (she's hawt), hopefully it isn't my usual indecipherable gibberish.

In short, do I just "check the box" and drive on?

Axing for fiens...

-p

[/i]

pate

Quote from: DigitalPigSnuggler on August 23, 2019, 03:59:57 PM
In one of the threads, Mod Emeritus Liberace asked me to reply to him by PM.  Then I discovered that the PM link no longer appeared in my toolbar:

Quote from: Liberace! on January 01, 2009, 09:21:57 PM
This is the BellGab Archive.  It's a graveyard of threads.  Some of them fizzled out, while others never got off the ground to begin with.  Please take the time to look around and find something you'd like to breathe new life into.  If an old thread begins to see action, we will bring it back from the dead by moving it to the main forum again.

So I am wondering if this is a glitch with my account; something general that I haven't heard about, or Libby just fucking with me.  Kindly advise soonest.

Lean at Schimmer?