• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

President Donald J. Trump

Started by The General, February 11, 2011, 01:33:34 AM

GravitySucks

Quote from: 14 on June 24, 2018, 02:28:22 PM
It wasn't Starbucks, but when I made espresso in the late eighties, for $8/hour, it took 25 hours per month hourly labor to pay just rent.  Today, at $12, it would take more than 50 hours to pay just rent.  Twice as much labor to rent ratio.  And tips are taxable now.

Tips were always taxable. You broke the law if you didn’t report them.

GravitySucks

Quote from: WOTR on June 24, 2018, 01:33:34 PM
That is exactly it. If I believe that a business owner has the right not to bake a cake for a gay wedding, I have to believe that they also have the right not to serve that Palin family.  OR if I believe that a business owner should be forced to bake that cake, then I have to accept that they also should be forced to feed Palin.

(Actually, my belief is that a private business owner should have the right to refuse service to who they see fit- up to and including outright discrimination against visible minorities, genders or religious beliefs, if they wish.  But if I'm going to argue today that they should be forced to serve the Palin family, then I have to take the position that they should also be forced to bake a cake for a gay wedding... I believe neither to be the case.)

It’s all for publicity. I’ll bet $10 that the restaurant owner was the one that called the press.

But I do agree. A private business owner should have the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason. And they shouldn’t have to state the reason. If I owned a restaurant, I wouldn’t serve anyone. It would just mess up the kitchen having to cook for those thankless peasants.   

Quote from: Spy on June 24, 2018, 12:47:38 PM
You're members of a cult.  Your leader and  his followers are wiping their asses with the Constitution.  This Independence Day is a sad day for patriots. It will be restored to a day of celebration when the current assholes infesting Washington are voted out of office and Constitutional government is restored.

Why does the left always project?

Kidnostad3

Quote from: GravitySucks on June 24, 2018, 03:36:58 PM
It’s all for publicity. I’ll bet $10 that the restaurant owner was the one that called the press.

But I do agree. A private business owner should have the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason. And they shouldn’t have to state the reason. If I owned a restaurant, I wouldn’t serve anyone. It would just mess up the kitchen having to cook for those thankless peasants.

Of course it’s the right of a privately owned businesses to refuse service.  As I understand it, it was the gay staff who objected to serving the Sanders family.  I just wonder what the difference is between  denying service to people because you don’t like their politics and denying service to people because you don’t approve of their sexual preference.  It is exactly this kind of idiotic gross hypocracy that will defeat the left in general and the militant LGBTQ community in particular.  I truly don’t give a shit who sticks what in whom and who enjoys putting their faces in the crotch of persons of the same sex, just don’t be an asshole.

https://youtu.be/E4ri5P3AFKE

Jackstar

Quote from: GravitySucks on June 24, 2018, 03:25:23 PM
Tips were always taxable. You broke the law if you didn’t report them.

All taxation is theft.

Juan

Quote from: Jackstar on June 24, 2018, 07:15:58 PM

All taxation is theft.
Yes, and the power to tax is the power to destroy.

Jackstar

Quote from: Juan on June 24, 2018, 07:18:49 PM
the power to tax is the power to destroy.

I do not concur.

Dr. MD MD

Our new mantra going forward should be Dangerous Leftwing Extremists, meaning your average Democratic Party voter or politician. ;)

albrecht

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on June 24, 2018, 05:51:25 PM
Of course it’s the right of a privately owned businesses to refuse service.  As I understand it, it was the gay staff who objected to serving the Sanders family.  I just wonder what the difference is between  denying service to people because you don’t like their politics and denying service to people because you don’t approve of their sexual preference.  It is exactly this kind of idiotic gross hypocracy that will defeat the left in general and the militant LGBTQ community in particular.  I truly don’t give a shit who sticks what in whom and who enjoys putting their faces in the crotch of persons of the same sex, just don’t be an asshole.

Personally I think a private business, assuming they don't get tax breaks or any public funding, should be able to refuse service to anyone they wish for whatever reason. And let the marketplace drive them out of business or whatever. But under the current laws there are "protected classes," people who, for some reason, deserve better treatment than others. "race, color, national origin/ancestry, sex/gender, religion/creed and disability (physical and mental)"  Now, I wonder if politics or "Party" could be considered a "creed" since now politics, for many, has replaced traditional religions/creeds for many people......

Jojo

Quote from: Jackstar on June 24, 2018, 07:15:58 PM

You were alive in the eighties.  So was I.  But I dont remember it that way.

Oh well, now i think there's a $20 threshhold.  Whatever the threshhold was back then, i'm sure i didnt meet it.

Fourteen

Quote from: Spy on June 24, 2018, 12:47:38 PM
You and your asswipe friends aren't patriots, you're mindless followers of Donald Trump. You're members of a cult.  Your leader and  his followers are wiping their asses with the Constitution.  This Independence Day is a sad day for patriots. It will be restored to a day of celebration when the current assholes infesting Washington are voted out of office and Constitutional government is restored...

Donald Trump is undoing much of the damage Berock Obama did.  And he's well within the the powers of his office in doing so, unlike the unethical, illegal abuses of power we had during the Obama regime. 

Trump has done nothing to match the politization of the IRS, the Justice Department, the FBI, the CIA, and the NSA, and abuse of citizens by those departments and agencies - including spying on Trump and interfering in the election.  Trump didn't illegally interfere in the elections, Obama did.   

So please get your facts straight.  I realize the Ds will always project whatever unethical and criminal behavior they are involved in on everyone else, but people have woken up to that, and the goal of muddying the waters so they get away with it in the confusion may not work out so well for them this time when this is all said and done.

We are the real Americans.  We are the political descendants of the Founders and the Framers.  Berock Obama, Hilary Clinton, their cronies, their supporters, people like Nancy Pelosi, Maxine Waters, Chuck Schumer, Elizabeth Warren, Bernie Sanders, Occupy Wall St, BLM, the fake news media, Hollywood and the rest are the enemy within.  They are the filth.  The people who hate this country, our freedoms, our rights, our ability to keep what we earn and decide for ourselves who will govern. 

The filth hate that.  They know we will never choose them to permanently rule over us - and know that when we do foolishly vote for them, it's a mistake we soon rectify.  They know we won't allow them to take us back centuries - to a time of unchallenged abuse and rule from the top down.  So they try to use our laws against us politically, abuse the court system, and manipulate us emotionally with fake news. 

Right now we are in the process of sticking it up their ass.  Feel free to get in line.

Gd5150

Just look at CNN. 27 stories down, they’re trying to paint the discrimination against Sanders as “the people standing up for democracy”. Worthless shitbag Maxine Waters is condoning and encouraging it. She’s done such a wonderful job for the south central cesspool. Then again she’s only been their congressional representative for 28 years.

Even Megan McCain has come out against Waters. Waters face looks like the toilet paper someone wiped their ass with.

Once again the hate filled no ideas no solutions demokkkrat party has nothing to say. Can’t wait for November.

starrmtn001

Quote from: Gd5150 on June 24, 2018, 08:19:40 PM
Just look at CNN. 27 stories down, they’re trying to paint the discrimination against Sanders as “the people standing up for democracy”. Worthless shitbag Maxine Waters is condoning and encouraging it. She’s done such a wonderful job for the south central cesspool. Then again she’s only been their congressional representative for 28 years.

Even Megan McCain has come out against Waters. Waters face looks like the toilet paper someone wiped their ass with.

Once again the hate filled no ideas no solutions demokkkrat party has nothing to say. Can’t wait for November.

I keep wondering whether she's a tranny.  A granny tranny  ;D

Director David Lynch: Trump ‘Could Go Down as One of the Greatest Presidents in History

He is undecided about Donald Trump. “He could go down as one of the greatest presidents in history because he has disrupted the thing so much. No one is able to counter this guy in an intelligent way.” While Trump may not be doing a good job himself, Lynch thinks, he is opening up a space where other outsiders might. “Our so-called leaders can’t take the country forward, can’t get anything done. Like children, they are. Trump has shown all this.”

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2018/jun/23/david-lynch-gotta-be-selfish-twin-peaks

Interesting comments from Lynch.

Don't cha love how tolerant the left is of people on the right?  I would never dream of treating anyone the way the owners of the Red Hen treated Sarah Sanders. More and more the left acts with prejudice.  If we acted that way on the right, we'd be pilloried and crucified.  Hypocrites!   >:( >:(

Oh and lol, there are a lot of people who pass through Lexington, VA who might have a word or two to say to the owners.  That part of Virginia is red to the gills. Oh and by the way, your food is overpriced!!!  My guess is the business will be gone within a year.

albrecht

Quote from: 21st Century Man on June 24, 2018, 08:37:20 PM
Director David Lynch: Trump ‘Could Go Down as One of the Greatest Presidents in History

He is undecided about Donald Trump. “He could go down as one of the greatest presidents in history because he has disrupted the thing so much. No one is able to counter this guy in an intelligent way.” While Trump may not be doing a good job himself, Lynch thinks, he is opening up a space where other outsiders might. “Our so-called leaders can’t take the country forward, can’t get anything done. Like children, they are. Trump has shown all this.”

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2018/jun/23/david-lynch-gotta-be-selfish-twin-peaks

Interesting comments from Lynch.
From Nick Nolte:
"The children of the ’60s â€" you know, the hippies â€" and their ideological offspring in academia, politics, and, most especially, the media, are now not only okay with a sitting president’s weaponizing the intelligence community against a rival presidential campaign; they are all rolling over like whipped dogs to believe everything the intelligence community tells them, most especially when it is coming from the CIA â€" the CIA! â€" and the FBI. Basically, Trump has driven the hippies and their offspring so crazy they are not only A-okay with the CIA’s spying on American citizens, totally cool with FBI spies infiltrating a rival campaign, and feeling warm all over about wiretaps, unmasking, and lying to federal judges, they do not want any of this investigated."

Strange times....

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2018/05/24/nolte-how-trump-killed-1960s/

Quote from: albrecht on June 24, 2018, 09:01:42 PM
From Nick Nolte:
"The children of the ’60s â€" you know, the hippies â€" and their ideological offspring in academia, politics, and, most especially, the media, are now not only okay with a sitting president’s weaponizing the intelligence community against a rival presidential campaign; they are all rolling over like whipped dogs to believe everything the intelligence community tells them, most especially when it is coming from the CIA â€" the CIA! â€" and the FBI. Basically, Trump has driven the hippies and their offspring so crazy they are not only A-okay with the CIA’s spying on American citizens, totally cool with FBI spies infiltrating a rival campaign, and feeling warm all over about wiretaps, unmasking, and lying to federal judges, they do not want any of this investigated."

Strange times....

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2018/05/24/nolte-how-trump-killed-1960s/

LOL.  That is what I've been telling myself since the election.  The flower children are ok with the FBI and CIA running rampant in our country?  Really?  Wow.  What a strange trip this life is!  No drugs needed. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDesiiwmV8o

albrecht

Quote from: 21st Century Man on June 24, 2018, 09:08:07 PM
LOL.  That is what I've been telling myself since the election.  The flower children are ok with the FBI and CIA running rampant in our country?  Really?  Wow.  What a strange trip this life is!  No drugs needed. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-OYKd8SVrI

GravitySucks

Quote from: 21st Century Man on June 24, 2018, 09:08:07 PM

Because they think they are on their way to legal pot for everyone.  Nothing else matters. They won.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: GravitySucks on June 24, 2018, 09:27:15 PM
Because they think they are on their way to legal pot for everyone.  Nothing else matters. They won.

Look, either go back to making booze illegal or STFU! ::)