• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Missing Malaysian Airlines Flight and Speculation

Started by Up All Night, March 08, 2014, 08:33:46 PM

Juan

It's obviously the dastardly work of George W. Bush

Bart Ell

I am still waiting for David Copperfield to take credit.

RcCle

Re-watching "The Event"  It could be a portal...

Uncle Duke

Quote from: VtaGeezer on March 13, 2014, 01:51:22 PM
The plot thickens...US sources are saying today that Flt 370 transmitted engine data for 4-5 hours after going missing.  Sad situation for the families involved. It raises clusterf*ck to a new plateau.

And like other stories associated with the mishap, this report is now being denied by Rolls-Royce and Malaysian Airlines.  Clusterfuck indeed.

11angeleyes11

The loss of the Malaysian Airlines Flight demonstrates a new quantum physics entitled the envelope.  A long slit in the dark matter in the universe opens up and all matter within so many degrees is shoved into the envelope and sealed.

As the fifth dimension is accelerating this is being observed more and more.  This was just one such occurrence.  There have been others, but this is thee first that is identifiable to mankind.

As we accelerate, more and more of these envelopes will open and other masses of matter will be observed.

Eventually all of mankind, the earth and the present solar system will be enveloped and as it will happen more and more often, with the slit being larger and large.  At that point the universe will cease to exist, end times, under this new quantum physics theory.  Science meets religion.

We are all at one with God, nirvana

Wait and see.

I really hope they find out what happened. Too be a family member would be difficult.

coaster

There was a video on youtube that had someone using an app that followed flights. The first one showed the plane disappearing, and then it looks like someone changed the data to show it flying off, being tailed by another plane, and then disappearing while the chase plane disappears. Looks like someone has been tampering data. I don't think they will ever find it or find out what happened. At least we won't ever know.

bateman

Quote from: coaster on March 13, 2014, 10:12:37 PM
There was a video on youtube that had someone using an app that followed flights. The first one showed the plane disappearing, and then it looks like someone changed the data to show it flying off, being tailed by another plane, and then disappearing while the chase plane disappears. Looks like someone has been tampering data. I don't think they will ever find it or find out what happened. At least we won't ever know.

There's a theory that whoever made off with the plane is going to part it out - it's worth something like $300m in parts. So in that case, we will literally never find it.

The Navy has just deployed the USS Kidd and USS Pinckney to the Indian Ocean. They '' have an indication that the jet crashed in the Indian Ocean''.

Both those platforms are equipped with the Aegis radar system. That means, they probably had a track on that aircraft and have gone back and reconstructed their flight path, along with when they lost track and have come up with a probable crash radius.

qaddisin

Quote from: bateman on March 13, 2014, 10:57:25 PM
There's a theory that whoever made off with the plane is going to part it out - it's worth something like $300m in parts. So in that case, we will literally never find it.

I'm not speaking as an expert here, but this is just from what I've read:

There was a time when people would scavenge the sites of airplane crashes and sell recovered parts to airlines, who would then use them as replacement parts in still-operating planes. This led to airplane manufacturers marking every part from the airplane with a serial number. The issue with someone trying to chop up the Boeing 777 is that every part has a serial number indicating what plane it comes from, so it would be noticed fairly quickly (not sure there are a lot of privately owned 777s). Attempting to remove the serial number in many cases would make the part useless.

Quote from: HorrorRetro on March 13, 2014, 06:20:23 PM
I've never flown internationally, so I don't know, but now they're saying the plane might have flown an additional 4 or 5 hours after the last tracking hit.  If that's the case, why didn't passengers text or call people? Is there no service in those areas?  Like I said, I don't know how it all works, but it seems odd that there was no communication from the passengers if the plane did fly off course for 4 or 5 hours.

The issue with this is that there aren't a lot of cell towers out in open ocean, so the likelihood of getting a phone signal is very low. So even if they noticed something wrong, they may have had no way to inform the rest of the world.

If the plane isn't at the bottom of (insert body of water here), I think it's possible that both pilots worked together to steal the plane, and landed it on some runway in the jungle. Passenger issues could be resolved either through manipulating their oxygen supply (not sure if this is possible from the cockpit, although I know the cockpit and passenger cabin have different supplies), or were killed upon landing. After that, if we see this plane again, it will be involved in a very bad thing.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: bateman on March 13, 2014, 10:57:25 PM

A commercial aircraft chop shop?

I'm skeptical about that theory, it does not take into account how carefully spare/replacement parts for aircraft are tracked.  Granted, my experience with such things is with military aviation, but I'm sure the same basic logistics control processes are used by internationally accredited commercial airlines.  The most expensive are serial numbered, and are tracked from legitimate sources to users to preclude the sell or use of counterfeit parts.  Additionally, maintenance records for a/c track what parts, by serial number(s), are installed.  Such records allow the history of a serialed part to be traced back to its manufacturer.  Maintenance records are apt to audited by the FAA (or similar oganizations in other nations) at any time, if caught using illegal or unlicenced parts, an airline would be out of business immediately.  Besides, I think it's safe to assume if aviation authorities think this theory is viable, a list of parts for the unique a/c involved will be sent to every 777 (or other a/c using that part) customer telling them to be on the lookout.  Selling these parts could be as difficult as trying to fence the Hope Diamond.

I suppose the parts that are not serially tracked could be shopped, but I would think the majority of them are low dollar (relatively) items that would not make the dollars saved worth the risk of getting caught buying and using hot parts.

If there are any FAA, Boeing, or airline loggie types out there, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Yeah, I think the chop shop theory is a little thin. I would be far more inclined to accept a theory which involves recovering the aircraft at a remote airfield, and then possibly using it for some type of terrorist attack.

However, with the US Navy now saying that they have an indication  that it crashed in the Indian Ocean, and sending warships to that area, pretty much sealed the deal for me. The US Navy is not in the habit of shifting forces around like that unless they're pretty damn sure of what they have.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: FightTheFuture on March 14, 2014, 12:06:51 AM

However, with the US Navy now saying that they have an indication  that it crashed in the Indian Ocean, and sending warships to that area, pretty much sealed the deal for me. The US Navy is not in the habit of shifting forces around like that unless they're pretty damn sure of what they have.

Yes, makes sense.  What I wonder is what actionable intelligence or information they had to make that decision?  I think we can rule out anything they collected real time, Obama would look like a boob if it got out the US had information on the fate of the a/c from the word "go".  That probably means either aerial or space-based surveillance systems recently saw or sees something in the water, or electonic intelligence gathering assets detected either voice and/or signal traffic from some source they feel is credible. 

Are you old enough to remember Reagan going on TV and playing the actual radio intercept of the Soviet pilot who shot down the Korean 747 talking to his ground controllers?

Quote from: Uncle Duke on March 14, 2014, 12:28:43 AM
Yes, makes sense.  What I wonder is what actionable intelligence or information they had to make that decision?  I think we can rule out anything they collected real time, Obama would look like a boob if it got out the US had information on the fate of the a/c from the word "go".  That probably means either aerial or space-based surveillance systems recently saw or sees something in the water, or electonic intelligence gathering assets detected either voice and/or signal traffic from some source they feel is credible. 

Are you old enough to remember Reagan going on TV and playing the actual radio intercept of the Soviet pilot who shot down the Korean 747 talking to his ground controllers?

I have a theory. I think it is very likely that we had ships in the area around the flight path of that 777.  The SPY-1B radar could have easily been tracking the aircraft. I would imagine, that it was mostly a routine track; no one was really paying attention to it. The ship's computer systems record everything that goes on, every single button that is pushed that relates to the  Aegis combat system. That information could  have been stored in the ship's data logs.

I think, possibly, someone thought to inquire with those ship's skippers. Maybe they should investigate whether those Navy platforms actually did have data on the aircraft. After a thorough investigation and reconstruction of all the data, they were probably able to ascertain with a reasonably high degree of certainty, where the plane ended up.

yeah, I remember very well the Korean airliner being shot down and  Reagan's actions afterwards. I also remember very well, another incident in the Persian Gulf in 1988, that involved a Navy warship shooting down an Iranian airliner.

There is also the Air-Force's secretive X-37B still circling the earth. Do we even know what the heck that thing is doing up there? Maybe it has provided some actionable data

albrecht

Quote from: wr250 on March 13, 2014, 06:53:59 PM
maybe ed dames will chip in, so we will then know where the plane is not.
I'm pretty sure he is tied up dealing with the Ukraine/Russia crisis. Odd, he couldn't have predicted that "remotely" before it effected his friends and family beforehand.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: The General on March 14, 2014, 11:11:31 PM
Malaysia confirms Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 was hijacked

http://www.news.com.au/travel/travel-updates/malaysia-confirms-malaysia-airlines-flight-mh370-was-hijacked/story-fnizu68q-1226855485378

Was listening to the BBC World News this morning and heard something that caught my attention, the co-pilot of the missing a/c was only 27 years.  Based on my experience as a passenger with major US and UK airlines internationally, that seems quite young.  Co-pilots that young on regional feeder airlines I've seen, but don't ever recall seeing one on an international flight.

Considering there is now growing evidence that a/c was hijacked and then apparently flown by someone with piloting skill, the assigned crew is obviously suspect.   I think it's fair to say most terrorists are young males, like the co-pilot on this flight. 

I understand pilot senority is based on number of flight hours as opposed to age, but it would make sense younger pilots would usually have less hours than older pilots.  Any airline types here who can comment on the nominal age of co-pilots on overseas US air carriers?

I still think it's in the drink.

Very real possibility that we never find it.

wr250

so we are not going with the sasquatch/angels/portal/mothership/farrakan story any more?
i mean thats as plausible as anything sorcha fail comes up with.

VtaGeezer

It might be fun to track CNN's hysterics over Flt 370; in the past hour they've been talking like the new arc of possible locations is actually a track; which it is not; and they've reported on the Bermuda Triangle (wr250...don't give up hope on the sasquatch angle, Wolf B will get to it eventually).

onan

Quote from: Gd5150 on March 15, 2014, 04:36:38 PM
I think Chris Christie did it.

Yeah I agree, at first, I gave Christie the benefit... actually defended him. But he is, as it seems, a bit of a devious dirt bag.