• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20151127 - Open Lines - Live Show Chat Thread

Started by Sandra Kristen, November 27, 2015, 11:00:15 PM

Zenman

Quote from: Starshina on November 27, 2015, 11:19:02 PM
I played Tetris in the arcades until I started to see falling blocks overlaying my normal vision during the day.

;D  I started seeing missiles coming in from time to time back then, but I just ignored them.

Quote from: Zenman on November 27, 2015, 11:27:11 PM
Don't remember that one, Sandman.  Looks like it'd cost more than a quarter.
Quarter for 3 lives, but it was tough. That machine cost me lots of money but it was also fun once you got the pattern down. The little ball on the front could be ejected to double your firepower and acted as a shield when attached. Damn fun game.

Zzzzillion

Oh yeah, you see someone dozing in slow traffic the only possible explanation is legalized marijuana.

Listen, with the quality of what they're selling now, if the people you saw were using legal weed, they never would've gotten into the car in the first place. They wouldn't have found their keys ... or wanted to.

akwilly

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on November 27, 2015, 11:31:46 PM
Are we completely certain Amy isn't a robot?
I gotta know if she is real or a computer thing

Barfly

Quote from: FLLFlash on November 27, 2015, 11:28:09 PM
I use: http://live.darkmatterdigitalnetwork.com/darkmatter.aac

Think there's any difference?
Maybe, the AAC stream takes more bandwidth than the MP3 stream though so if you are on mobile and have a shit connection it will matter.
This is what i use
http://live.darkmatterdigitalnetwork.com/darkmatter.mp3.m3u
Its 48kbs

FLLFlash

Quote from: JamesMcDonald on November 27, 2015, 11:11:41 PM
There's also the term meatspace, as opposed to cyberspace.

That's a cool one.

Grindr?

Quote from: Barfly on November 27, 2015, 11:33:17 PM
Maybe, the AAC stream takes more bandwidth than the MP3 stream though so if you are on mobile and have a shit connection it will matter.
This is what i use
http://live.darkmatterdigitalnetwork.com/darkmatter.mp3.m3u
Its 48kbs

So everyone should use the AAC stream for Hoaxland is what you're saying?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Zzzzillion on November 27, 2015, 11:32:35 PM
Oh yeah, you see someone dozing in slow traffic the only possible explanation is legalized marijuana.

Listen, with the quality of what they're selling now, if the people you saw were using legal weed, they never would've gotten into the car in the first place. They wouldn't have found their keys ... or wanted to.

The only danger to driving while high on weed is getting distracted while snacking....but that happens quite often actually...nevermind...

Quote from: zeebo on November 27, 2015, 11:28:00 PM
No love for Rastan?  (Sometimes at the arcade the "n" was crossed out)

Never really played it. I remember seeing it in the arcade, but never tried it.

Zenman

Quote from: zeebo on November 27, 2015, 11:31:11 PM
Luckily after a few years the flashbacks go away.   ;)

I still have a missile come in from time to time. Might be unrelated tho.

Dr_Blue

This one goes from Tiger to Model to Tiger to...........etc.

Was this ad recorded on a telephone?

Yes I think she just left a message on an answering machine and said there is my commercial!

zeebo

Quote from: (Sandman) Logan-5 on November 27, 2015, 11:34:55 PM
Never really played it. I remember seeing it in the arcade, but never tried it.

Cool game especially if you read alot of Conan books as a kid which, um, some folks did, so I hear.

Zenman

Quote from: (Sandman) Logan-5 on November 27, 2015, 11:32:34 PM
Quarter for 3 lives, but it was tough. That machine cost me lots of money but it was also fun once you got the pattern down. The little ball on the front could be ejected to double your firepower and acted as a shield when attached. Damn fun game.

Sounds good. I'm getting nostalgic.

AppealPlay

I miss psychic treadmill guy.  Why aren't you calling?  You're still not calling.  Are you scared?  Don't be scared.  Psychic treadmill repairman is nice.

Quote from: VoteQuimby on November 27, 2015, 11:35:02 PM
People fall asleep in traffic when they're on prescription drugs not weed. There are so many horror stories with that. I can remember falling asleep at drive-thru windows in my wild days.

When I'm stoned is probably the only time I drive the speed limit. A bunch of recent studies came out saying pot actually makes you a better driver and has no effect on the possibility of accidents. But the government has to get that DUI money.

Can I quote Bill Hicks?  8)

Barfly

Quote from: Darth Sandra on November 27, 2015, 11:34:06 PM
So everyone should use the AAC stream for Hoaxland is what you're saying?

LOL, yes..
I missed you girl  :-*

Zzzzillion

Quote from: VoteQuimby on November 27, 2015, 11:35:02 PM
People fall asleep in traffic when they're on prescription drugs not weed. There are so many horror stories with that. I can remember falling asleep at drive-thru windows in my wild days.

When I'm stoned is probably the only time I drive the speed limit. A bunch of recent studies came out saying pot actually makes you a better driver and has no effect on the possibility of accidents. But the government has to get that DUI money.

You still smoke? I have a vaporizer that hasn't seen action in years. Send me some. Seriously. I very much need it.

Brewhound

I was addicted to the Fuji Raceway (pole position)

Robert

There's gotta be a lot of people named Arthur Bell, they're such common names.  So someone who hates another Art Bell could phone in on that line & explain why.

Lilith