• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20151124 - Show CANCELLED

Started by jazmunda, November 24, 2015, 05:29:34 PM

FLLFlash

I am currently enjoying the ultimate philosophical experience: Inside the NBA on TNT. These guys are brilliant. Funny, too. This has to be the most insightful sports commentary show on TV.

Perhaps Art was bit by one of the wolves. He very well could be a werewolf now.

FLLFlash

Quote from: Barfly on November 25, 2015, 12:23:30 AM
Art doesn't complain about bandwidth costs, Hoagie does.

I still think this is a bogus complaint on Hoaxland's part based on his failure to understand something.

Coffeeman

Quote from: Zzzzillion on November 25, 2015, 12:10:42 AM
My guess is it's something relatively urgent.

1. Dude kept broadcasting during gunfire on his property awhile back.

2. If it were something minor, like a storm or power problems, he woulda' just said what it was in his post and saved the speculation.

Something that requires a temporary informational cut-off is going on.

Yeah, I hope everything's going okay. I was just kinda hoping he'd replay a better show.

Barfly

Quote from: FLLFlash on November 25, 2015, 12:26:03 AM
I still think this is a bogus complaint on Hoaxland's part based on his failure to understand something.
I would like to know the numbers Hoagie is getting.
And you are correct, Hoagie is so tech illiterate a 10 year old kid could teach him a thing or two.

WanagoBleu

I've spent years out in the desert on a weekly basis and have seen more coyote than I can count. They are not going to bother you unless they are rabid. And the only time they're going to eat your dog or cat is if they are running lose. I've always Dogs and  out in the desert I rarely let them off leash anymore because of rattlers, coyotes, foxes, badgers, skunks, mt. Sheep and bees. Coyote will follow you, so will foxes. And Cougars. I worry most about animals being rabid as opposed to just being attacked. Except for Sidewinders and Cougars. People that live in golf courses on the edge of the desert worry about their little animals being eaten by wild animals. How about understanding the environment and the animals that were there first then being smart about protecting what you value without killing the wildlife off. The idiot poisoning dogs/coyotes in Pahrump is a fuckhead.

Quote from: Barfly on November 25, 2015, 12:08:20 AM
Looks like Hoagie is going to do a 2 hour infomercial tonight
This is his guests business
https://www.goldmoney.com/

O...M...F...G.  !

Does Hoaxy think he's this guy ??

Barfly

Quote from: (Sandman) Logan-5 on November 25, 2015, 12:35:11 AM
O...M...F...G.  !

Does Hoaxy think he's this guy ??
He wants to be.
I cant imagine people still paying for Hoagies 19.5 club.

FLLFlash

Quote from: WanagoBleu on November 25, 2015, 12:33:34 AM
I've spent years out in the desert on a weekly basis and have seen more coyote than I can count. They are not going to bother you unless they are rabid. And the only time they're going to eat your dog or cat is if they are running lose. I've always Dogs and  out in the desert I rarely let them off leash anymore because of rattlers, coyotes, foxes, badgers, skunks, mt. Sheep and bees. Coyote will follow you, so will foxes. And Cougars. I worry most about animals being rabid as opposed to just being attacked. Except for Sidewinders and Cougars. People that live in golf courses on the edge of the desert worry about their little animals being eaten by wild animals. How about understanding the environment and the animals that were there first then being smart about protecting what you value without killing the wildlife off. The idiot poisoning dogs/coyotes in Pahrump is a fuckhead.

I keep telling Mrs. Flash she can't allow the dogs to run wild in the wild. I'm not sure she gets it. I do.

FLLFlash

Interview now showing:

Q: Is there anyplace on the court you can't make a shot from?

A: Not really.

Steph Curry - and he's a very modest fellow. I've seen him make a bunch of shots from somewhere up in the stands and full court. He's so graced with skill.

coaster

Quote from: Xtreme1 on November 25, 2015, 12:20:06 AM
Hmmmm,okay?

http://m.humanesociety.org/assets/pdfs/wildlife/captive/big-cat-incidents.pdf
So whats your point? People who don't follow procedure have accidents? I'm shocked. If the guy who wants a tiger habitat, and he follows the guidelines, there won't be any problems.

WanagoBleu

Quote from: coaster on November 25, 2015, 12:40:45 AM
So whats your point? People who don't follow procedure have accidents? I'm shocked. If the guy who wants a tiger habitat, and he follows the guidelines, there won't be any problems.
Siegfried & Roy have a pretty amazing personal tiger habitat. Noisy.

coaster

Quote from: WanagoBleu on November 25, 2015, 12:43:17 AM
Siegfried & Roy have a pretty amazing personal tiger habitat. Noisy.
Siegfried and Roy liked to get in cages and poke wild animals. That outcome was no surprise.

WanagoBleu

Quote from: FLLFlash on November 25, 2015, 12:37:46 AM
I keep telling Mrs. Flash she can't allow the dogs to run wild in the wild. I'm not sure she gets it. I do.
hopefully they have perfect recall command in all situations. But sometimes, that won't keep them safe. There is rattlesnake aversion training in some places.

Xtreme1

Quote from: coaster on November 25, 2015, 12:40:45 AM

Why don't you do a little research on the principles before you look anymore ignorant. Do they look like the type you think would follow these "guidelines" you put so much faith in? Off to bed I go.

http://aldf.org/press-room/press-releases/animal-protection-groups-and-sanctuaries-challenge-zoning-permit-for-pahrump-tiger-exhibitor/

WOTR

Quote from: coaster on November 24, 2015, 11:55:13 PM
If he cancelled the show because of friggin' coyotes I'll eat my hat.
Considering that he kept broadcasting during gun play last time, I will have to side with you on this one.

WOTR

Quote from: Xtreme1 on November 24, 2015, 11:39:07 PM
Pahrump has had serious coyote problems as local LEO's were warning residents about harm to animals AND humans.
Why the hell would Ashcraft care about coyote problems in Nevada?  And why make him plural?

boxman

The serious part makes me really worried. He also does not mention he will explain it on the show itself tomorrow...

WOTR

Quote from: Sean92008 on November 24, 2015, 11:50:48 PM
There's a lot of stupid people who'd try that in Southern Nevada... ...the burnt remnants of a hand were rumored to have been found at their power line connection on that day.
I used to work with a woman whose son clipped the wrong, high voltage wire inside of a manhole.  I felt bad for her, but wondered why you would not check for voltage before cutting the massive copper wire...

coaster

Quote from: Xtreme1 on November 25, 2015, 12:54:42 AM
Why don't you do a little research on the principles before you look anymore ignorant. Do they look like the type you think would follow these "guidelines" you put so much faith in? Off to bed I go.

http://aldf.org/press-room/press-releases/animal-protection-groups-and-sanctuaries-challenge-zoning-permit-for-pahrump-tiger-exhibitor/
How would I know if they will follow the guidelines? You seem to be the one who can judge the character and future actions of complete strangers.
If the city trusts them thats good enough for me.

FLLFlash

Quote from: WanagoBleu on November 25, 2015, 12:47:37 AM
hopefully they have perfect recall command in all situations. But sometimes, that won't keep them safe. There is rattlesnake aversion training in some places.

I have Dachshunds (scent hounds). Being ruled by the nose their exuberance can get the best of them.

Dachshunds are independent operators. They consider all commands as advisory and process commands agonizingly slowly. My youngest dog is one hell of a hunter though.

That said they could probably be trained to avert snakes 'cause them snakes do smell and they could smell a snake way outside its striking range.

coaster

Quote from: Xtreme1 on November 25, 2015, 12:54:42 AM

By the way, you are condemning people before anything has even happened. And I'm ignorant?
Yes, off to bed you go. Don't forget the meds.

bateman

Quote from: coaster on November 25, 2015, 01:04:38 AM
How would I know if they will follow the guidelines? You seem to be the one who can judge the character and future actions of complete strangers.
If the city trusts them thats good enough for me.

What if the city was Martinez, CA?

WanagoBleu

Quote from: coaster on November 25, 2015, 12:47:17 AM
Siegfried and Roy liked to get in cages and poke wild animals. That outcome was no surprise.
pretty much any animal, including humans, can cause one harm. Bones are going to get broken - horses / dogs, ur going to get bitten - dogs, fish, humans, birds. S & R's tigers are tigers. Not wild in the wild sense as most were hand raised by Roy. But a tiger is always a tiger. Roy loved them......Siegfried did not. Roy was the one that had'd the relationship with them. I'm not sure I would call what he did 'poking.' As in when I rode horses, I don't think I was ripping there mouth out when I pulled back on the reins to make them stop with a bit in their mouth. He might have a rod in his hand, but that may be used as a tapping communication against the body.....not done to hurt, but as a direction, to get attention or awareness......the music in the showroom is so loud, I'm not sure verbal commands would be heard. I have had a the experience  of seeing things in a different light.

Ciardelo

Quote from: WanagoBleu on November 25, 2015, 01:07:48 AM
pretty much any animal, including humans, can cause one harm. Bones are going to get broken - horses / dogs, ur going to get bitten - dogs, fish, humans, birds. S & R's tigers are tigers. Not wild in the wild sense as most were hand raised by Roy. But a tiger is always a tiger. Roy loved them......Siegfried did not. Roy was the one that had'd the relationship with them. I'm not sure I would call what he did 'poking.' As in when I rode horses, I don't think I was ripping there mouth out when I pulled back on the reins to make them stop with a bit in their mouth. He might have a rod in his hand, but that may be used as a tapping communication against the body.....not done to hurt, but as a direction, to get attention or awareness......the music in the showroom is so loud, I'm not sure verbal commands would be heard. I have had a the experience  of seeing things in a different light.
I bought a blacklight bulb at Spencer's Gifts that made my "Truckin'" poster look cool.

coaster

Someone posted a comment on Art's facebook mentioning earthquakes in nevada and Art's replay being a show about earthquakes. Perhaps a tremor screwed up a foundation under a tower or something.
Speculation is fun..

WanagoBleu

Quote from: FLLFlash on November 25, 2015, 01:07:10 AM
I have Dachshunds (scent hounds). Being ruled by the nose their exuberance can get the best of them.

Dachshunds are independent operators. They consider all commands as advisory and process commands agonizingly slowly. My youngest dog is one hell of a hunter though.

That said they could probably be trained to avert snakes 'cause them snakes do smell and they could smell a snake way outside its striking range.
LOL. "Dachshunds are independent operators. " Top right contender. With some of the Eagles I've seen, I'd worry about one getting nailed. And, "all commands as advisory." HahhHhhHhA. I soooooooo understand. 😁 p.s. I still laugh about how you use them as a first line of defense as a trip trap.

coaster

Quote from: bateman on November 25, 2015, 01:07:31 AM
What if the city was Martinez, CA?
I hate california and if it sank into the pacific, I wouldn't care. I wonder if a falkie floats..