• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20151109 - Ralph Sarchie - Demonology - Live Show Chat Thread

Started by jazmunda, November 09, 2015, 04:19:30 PM

CornyCrow

Quote from: pyewacket on November 11, 2015, 04:57:29 PM
You could be right about that, Sehnzeleid. I had expected him to talk about the experiences he had witnessed during his career and his personal interest in the paranormal. Religion seems to be his focus and he should present himself in that light to avoid confusion.
He has two books on Amazon.  One is out of print.  In the description of one of them there is a little talk about the beginning of one of his incidents.  I wonder why he refused to relay that?  Maybe he's doing, personally, none of that work now, but leaving all to others?  Maybe he thinks his mission is to promote his religion on a radio show because he has enough cases to handle?  He did not peddle his book on the show, that I remember. 

pyewacket

Quote from: Segundus on November 11, 2015, 05:08:47 PM
He has two books on Amazon.  One is out of print.  In the description of one of them there is a little talk about the beginning of one of his incidents.  I wonder why he refused to relay that?  Maybe he's doing, personally, none of that work now, but leaving all to others?  Maybe he thinks his mission is to promote his religion on a radio show because he has enough cases to handle?  He did not peddle his book on the show, that I remember.

Hard to say, Segundus. We don't know how he presented himself to Heather and Art. It's got to be hard to determine who is a potential hit and who's a probable miss.

Quote from: albrecht on November 11, 2015, 10:50:08 AM
I liked the show but, then again, I loved the Malachi Martin and the Kathleen Keating shows back then....though I laughed about the possessed 8 years old being fluent in Latin without any schooling because I imagined a part of the exorcism (or to determine if she was really possessed) of some nun demanding declesion of some verbs at the point of a ruler.)
===================================================================
'Allo!
With you all i am yet.
Missed out on the inedvertent parody of roman in the echleseastical gloamin...
Sorry abou my spells,er,spelling,to-day.
i haven't been too attentive to the forae lateley.
pre-occupied am i with fershlugginer technical issues.
'chicken-fat-o-vision',any-one?
in honor of the sudden decease/demise of one Geo.Barris,of Kalifornia Kustom Kraziness infame.
i missed this apoco-katiclismic dull-fest.
Masochism requires i read the post-mortems,at the very least.
Yet,i pine somewhat for the nostalgia-fest of those raised on klear,kold yesuit logik,somehow.
Lucky me,i missed out on the childhood rites of passage emodied in what C.S.Lewis described as'Muscular Xtianity',i would prefer the perspectives thru the fun-house mirror provided by Maurry(?)Terry in,"The Ultimate Evil",much more convinceing.
Any-one in-to guessing games as to the recycled'Son of Sam/Scam/Slam'??
"B_B"
PS:Sorry,No Logo:
"[7VF]"

CornyCrow

Quote from: pyewacket on November 11, 2015, 05:21:55 PM
Hard to say, Segundus. We don't know how he presented himself to Heather and Art. It's got to be hard to determine who is a potential hit and who's a probable miss.
There is always something I get from Art's shows, even if it just stimulates imagination.  I now envision his home in the center of thirteen towers with lightning storms flashing about, like some Enochian magical thing.  He sits on top of a huge water supply, has a huge supply of food, and if there is a crisis, the town may close the three access roads. 

Ann Rule, sometime before her death, once became fearful of the scary characters of whom she wrote, especially when she realized how unreliable her spidey-sense was with Ted Bundy.   She built a retreat high up somewhere, maybe in some trees or maybe some not accessible part of a hill.  The only way in was some car that was strung on cables that could not be moved but by her in some way. 

VtaGeezer

Quote from: pyewacket on November 11, 2015, 05:21:55 PM
he was on with Noory a while back and I seem to recall the same saccharine uber-Catholic stuff; though it seems he never got past 3rd Grade Catechism in his theological studies.