• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

X-Files, Lone Gunmen, & Whatever (Inspired by Frys Girl)

Started by Marc.Knight, July 11, 2009, 11:29:54 AM

Quote from: toastycoasty on November 07, 2013, 07:10:46 AM
I've just got the huge x files box set (with movies too!) for 1/4 of the RRP so I can't wait to get stuck in. Gillian and David have also made some awesome con appearances that are up on YouTube as well as a really sweet Reddit AMA so I'm stoked

Be sure to let Twentieth Century Fox know that we can not live the remainder of our lives without at least one more movie. Even though, unlike a lot of folks, I enjoyed the second movie. It kind of grows on you.

Oh, and happy viewing!

Juan

I liked the second movie, too.  The characters had moved on in their lives.  I'd like to see another movie - I wished they hadn't killed off CSM.

Quote from: UFO Fill on November 07, 2013, 08:41:41 AM
I liked the second movie, too.  The characters had moved on in their lives.  I'd like to see another movie - I wished they hadn't killed off CSM.

Dude, it`s the X-FILES; anything can happen. I`m feeling pretty good about the possibility of the aliens having a sample of ol` Smokey`s DNA somewhere. Can you say, clone? Huh? Huh??

Marc.Knight

Quote from: onan on October 24, 2013, 10:10:33 AM
xfiles is the best thing on tv... still.

You've got that right.  All the episodes are on Netflix.  (excellent Saturday night to Sunday morning marathon material)

Quote from: Philosopher on November 07, 2013, 08:53:38 AM

You've got that right.  All the episodes are on Netflix.  (excellent Saturday night to Sunday morning marathon material)

Amazon Prime, as well.

Quote from: FightTheFuture on November 07, 2013, 08:19:06 AM
Be sure to let Twentieth Century Fox know that we can not live the remainder of our lives without at least one more movie. Even though, unlike a lot of folks, I enjoyed the second movie. It kind of grows on you.

Oh, and happy viewing!

I saw it in the theater, and I enjoyed the shit out of it.

Call me a sap, but I really miss Enigma...  That was some pretty cool music.  Well, with any luck, we WILL get an X-Files sequel that will be worthy of the series. 

Quote from: West of the Rockies on November 08, 2013, 02:09:34 PM
Call me a sap, but I really miss Enigma...  That was some pretty cool music.  Well, with any luck, we WILL get an X-Files sequel that will be worthy of the series.

I'll go TWICE if they do a third movie.

jazmunda

I've watched the x-files twice from pilot to the finale. The first time was it's original run when I was in high school and the second time as a stoner when it came out on DVD. I must say I liked both times equally. 

I must give it another run someday as it is my favorite TV series of all time.

I will go to the 3rd movie most likely by myself as I can't see my wife coming after the debacle of the second movie.

basswood

I don't watch many TV shows but the ones I do watch I tend to watch over and over, like LOST and X-Files, and I'd dish out whatever they ask to see a third movie. I've watched it from beginning to end 3 times and have probably seen most of the better episodes ten time each. For a show that was on 20 years ago (holy crap) it speaks volumes that my 12 year old started getting interested in it recently and asks to watch a few episodes a week. I thought the second movie was nothing more than just an extended stand-alone episode and didn't hate it the way the "critics" did but I understand that it did absolutely nothing for the franchise or to attract new fans. I hold out the hope that they would try to sum things up as much as they can in a third one (but I also held out hope that Art would last more than 6 weeks, so I'm used to disappointment...).

basswood

David Duchovny's latest X-File, deciding if he's Ukrainian or Russian.

Ukrainian just a few months ago:

https://twitter.com/davidduchovny/statuses/452219746365476864

But Russian now:

http://youtu.be/_6XI8i_69xA

Either way, it's funny seeing him as a hockey player and astronaut in the commercial and for a second, I thought that was Krycek driving him in that jeep. Still holding out hope for a third movie...

I'd like a third as long as it is better than the steaming turd the second installment was... Blech!

analog kid

I'd get the series on blu-ray that's coming out, if I'd ever be able to afford it. The entire cast and everyone else involved, including Vince Gilligan, want to do more TV shows. It would be up to Fox to pick it up again and Duchovny and Anderson have tried to get the fans to request it en masse.

basswood

Quote from: analog kid on July 25, 2014, 10:32:15 PM
I'd get the series on blu-ray that's coming out, if I'd ever be able to afford it. The entire cast and everyone else involved, including Vince Gilligan, want to do more TV shows. It would be up to Fox to pick it up again and Duchovny and Anderson have tried to get the fans to request it en masse.

I know everyone wants to make a third movie but they can't find the backing for it considering the reception of the last one, this is the first I've heard there is "movement" to restart the series. I'd be thrilled if they took it up again. Or am I misunderstanding what you're saying?

analog kid

Quote from: basswood on July 25, 2014, 10:45:46 PM
I know everyone wants to make a third movie but they can't find the backing for it considering the reception of the last one, this is the first I've heard there is "movement" to restart the series. I'd be thrilled if they took it up again. Or am I misunderstanding what you're saying?

They want to bring back the TV show, full-on, new episodes. They talked about it in this Reddit AMA, though I'm inebriated and unable to find the specific comments at the moment. They've had campaigns elsewhere also, and have talked about it at comicons, I believe.

Khameleon808

Analogkid,  are you the same analogkid01 from youtube that was awesome enough to upload all those mst3k eps?  If so, than sir you win the internet :)

Ubik

Quote from: Marc.Knight on March 07, 2015, 07:53:51 PM
this is cool.

Where There's Smoke ... Musings of a Cigarette Smoking Man
http://www.williambdavis.com/Memoir

Ive been wanting to read that book!!

William B. Davis is great. I've bought a couple signed photos from his website.

Marc.Knight

Quote from: Ubik on March 10, 2015, 06:44:05 AM

I love that photo!!!  ;D

SNATCHSQUATCH

I'm developing an X-Files drinking game. Should I add anything?

Drink whenever:
*Scully or Mulder hang up the phone without saying goodbye to reach other
*Scully or Mulder point a gun at each other, or Skinner, or Skinner points a gun at one of them
*Mulder has his shirt off
*Scully says, "Mulder, where are you going?"
*Mulder does a dick joke or sexual innuendo one liner
*Scully gets jealous bc Mulder is flirting with another girl

Take a shot whenever:
*Mulder sees something paranormal, and then Scully walks in seconds too late to see anything
*Scully or Mulder wake up in a hospital
*Scully or Mulder says goodbye on the phone (does it even happen??)

Pale Horse

Quote from: SNATCHSQUATCH on March 11, 2015, 08:55:06 AM
I'm developing an X-Files drinking game. Should I add anything?

Drink whenever:
*Scully or Mulder hang up the phone without saying goodbye to reach other
*Scully or Mulder point a gun at each other, or Skinner, or Skinner points a gun at one of them
*Mulder has his shirt off
*Scully says, "Mulder, where are you going?"
*Mulder does a dick joke or sexual innuendo one liner
*Scully gets jealous bc Mulder is flirting with another girl

Take a shot whenever:
*Mulder sees something paranormal, and then Scully walks in seconds too late to see anything
*Scully or Mulder wake up in a hospital
*Scully or Mulder says goodbye on the phone (does it even happen??)

*You have to take a bong rip whenever smoking man appears.

basswood

The latest: It seems they intend to clear up all of the unanswered questions from the series and the movies as quickly as possible in case it doesn't last past the first order of shows.

http://comicbook.com/2015/03/21/the-x-files-revival-closer-than-ever/

Quote from: Ubik on March 10, 2015, 06:44:05 AM

Cool! I have one from Gillian personalized to me ...."FTF, keep searching for the the truth....Gillian"

Gillian Anderson back as Scully?
*gush*

So far all the netflix series have been well produced, I hope the same holds for the new X-Files episodes. Also really hope the series does well and comes back beyond the first six.

chefist

Quote from: Agent : Orange on May 03, 2015, 06:51:28 PM
Gillian Anderson back as Scully?
*gush*

So far all the netflix series have been well produced, I hope the same holds for the new X-Files episodes. Also really hope the series does well and comes back beyond the first six.

I hope so as well! I heard Skinner and the HDBS will be back too! Curious if Doggett will...sucks the Lone Gunmen were all killed off...

cweb

Quote from: chefist on May 05, 2015, 04:16:56 PM
I hope so as well! I heard Skinner and the HDBS will be back too! Curious if Doggett will...sucks the Lone Gunmen were all killed off...
Or were they?  :o

Was I the only person who watched their short-lived spinoff? And has it on DVD?

Rumors are swirling that the Gunmen will return. Doesn`t look like Dogget or Reyes will return -- both of whom I thought were amazing.

Also, from what I hear, Duchovny and Anderson are not interested in doing any more than 6 episodes. They would entertain the possibility of a new film if the episodes create enough buzz.