• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

albrecht

Quote from: username on January 19, 2018, 09:03:27 PM

Art bell has never told a lie....................
"Rods" are real, Art told me so.

Corona Kitty

Quote from: albrecht on January 19, 2018, 10:22:31 PM
"Rods" are real, Art told me so.

Are we talking about blue pills? Or Actual organisms? Or ogas... Nevermind.

albrecht

Quote from: username on January 19, 2018, 11:18:53 PM
Are we talking about blue pills? Or Actual organisms? Or ogas... Nevermind.
When Art assured us that  Jose Escamilla's "rods" were real.  ;D

Corona Kitty

Quote from: albrecht on January 19, 2018, 11:28:36 PM
When Art assured us that  Jose Escamilla's "rods" were real.  ;D

Hahah art never told a lie.

Tinfoil_Helm

Quote from: Chocolate coated jackboot on January 19, 2018, 01:39:43 PM
The Cliff notes theatre version

What does he expect when an admitted sex worker got a high profile job that she was WAY under qualified for?

Art can sue the BellGab detractors, but we have a better counter suit for him defrauding the listeners.  Not to mention playing games with the police so he could pull off his grift.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Tinfoil_Helm on January 20, 2018, 12:09:51 PM
What does he expect when an admitted sex worker got a high profile job that she was WAY under qualified for?

Art can sue the BellGab detractors, but we have a better counter suit for him defrauding the listeners.  Not to mention playing games with the police so he could pull off his grift.

Was there ever a police report?

Robert

Quote from: Robtheacidghost on January 19, 2018, 12:40:56 PMRush Limbaugh had, maybe still has (haven't listened since the 1990s - the content of his program became unbearable when he started talking about Monica Lewinski every day. I never liked the Clintons, and I never cared who they were sleeping with.) an excellent voice.
I listened a little again recently.  No, his voice is shot.  Like he's talking thru a thick layer of phlegm.
QuoteI've only recently started listening to Heather Wade's program, but I understand that she has improved greatly since she started a few years ago. She's still new at it. Her vocabulary, skills, and her life experiences will increase with age. I'm used to listening to college radio, so her relative inexperience doesn't bother me.
Maybe she still can improve.  What she has going for her is her genuine enthusiasm about the subject matter, which Noory doesn't share (regardless of the subject matter of his shows).

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Robert on January 21, 2018, 12:05:52 AM
I listened a little again recently.  No, his voice is shot.  Like he's talking thru a thick layer of phlegm.Maybe she still can improve.  What she has going for her is her genuine enthusiasm about the subject matter, which Noory doesn't share (regardless of the subject matter of his shows).

He had a stroke and it affected his vocal chords. Same thing happened to Gordon Lightfoot.

Robert

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 21, 2018, 12:14:30 AMHe had a stroke and it affected his vocal chords. Same thing happened to Gordon Lightfoot.
Dave Emory had to have a throat operation several years ago that ruined his excellent voice, turning it into, by his own acc't, Elmer Fudd.  He slowly recovered, but hasn't fully recovered his old voice.  Contrast the archives here between 2011 & 2013.  Checking his latest, he does sound a lot better, but the surgery has lastingly deteriorated his voice.  Such a shame considering how terrific that baritone was.

I used to listen to his contents seriously back in the 20th C.  I thought his methods were faulty, drawing cx w/o analysis of the types of cx, between persons, but figured there was still some worth there.  Eventually he started talking about people I know, so that's when I realized it was complete bull shit.  So then I started listening for laughs, hoping some day he'd finger me as a conspirator.  Lately I've hardly listened at all.

ItsTelly

Maybe I will give Heather another shot.  She certainly can't be worse than Coast to Coast lately.  With the exception of George Knapp (who unfortunately has a real day job), it's been real sucky.

Art could agree to do a one show per month on MITD.  I'd subscribe for that alone and it would be well worth it. 

As for social media, it's been a sewer for sometime now- not just limited to this board - every board.  Unless a board or comment section is moderated (New York Times), it is taken over by the crazies (Wall Street Journal).  This takes an enormous amount of time however.  The other alternative would be for people to post under their real (verified) names (Telly in my case :D)

Too bad, it's why we can't have nice things... :(

Telly

Quote from: ItsTelly on January 21, 2018, 12:18:18 PM
Maybe I will give Heather another shot.  She certainly can't be worse than Coast to Coast lately.  With the exception of George Knapp (who unfortunately has a real day job), it's been real sucky.

Art could agree to do a one show per month on MITD.  I'd subscribe for that alone and it would be well worth it. 

As for social media, it's been a sewer for sometime now- not just limited to this board - every board.  Unless a board or comment section is moderated (New York Times), it is taken over by the crazies (Wall Street Journal).  This takes an enormous amount of time however.  The other alternative would be for people to post under their real (verified) names (Telly in my case :D)

Too bad, it's why we can't have nice things... :(

Telly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6FQNPmJFLs

Quote from: Robert on January 21, 2018, 12:05:52 AM
...Maybe she still can improve.  What she has going for her is her genuine enthusiasm about the subject matter, which Noory doesn't share (regardless of the subject matter of his shows).
This is what I like about her. She enjoys what she's doing. She puts her heart into it. It more than makes up for her lack of finesse in the delivery. Also, I admit she is not perfect, but she does not have  the ghastly vocal idiosyncrasies of some other radio personalities such as those on NPR.

As somebody else mentioned, she's not doing the same old dog and pony show of Major (retired) Ed Dames, Whitley Strieber, Glynis McCants, Linda Mouton Howe, and Evylin Paglini. She's actively finding new guests who have new topics.

IMO, Art over reacted to the alleged rumors. Every body talks about every body. A new family moves into your building or neighborhood, and everybody gossips about them. some of it is doubtless mean-spirited. Art is a public figure, and it's the same thing but on a much larger scale.

albrecht

Quote from: 21st Century Man on January 21, 2018, 12:37:50 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Axdkv0_kJZQ
Wow. Good find I have never heard that before. Who was the baseball player?
He also had an encounter with the ghost while playing golf years later and told him about JFK assassination. He would've been a good guest with Art.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7b-eCmukVk

Roswells, Art

Why bother? There's so many podcasts out now that focus on what you're interested in with better hosts.

Robert

Quote from: Roswells, Art on January 21, 2018, 01:39:12 PMWhy bother? There's so many podcasts out now that focus on what you're interested in with better hosts.
You mean, in the sack?

Robert

Quote from: Robtheacidghost on January 21, 2018, 12:34:37 PMThis is what I like about her. She enjoys what she's doing. She puts her heart into it. It more than makes up for her lack of finesse in the delivery.
Well, I wouldn't go that far!
QuoteAlso, I admit she is not perfect, but she does not have  the ghastly vocal idiosyncrasies of some other radio personalities such as those on NPR.
Now I'm shuddering to think about the one I hated most there: "This is Kim Williams from Missoula, Montana."  The worst thing about it was feeling evil for hating her, because she was an old lady not long for this world.

However, there are a lot of vocal idiosyncrasies out there I've loved & still do!  When you like it, it's their gimmick; when you don't, it's an idiosyncrasy.  I thought Ms. Wade sounded seductive at 1st, now someone imitating a hillbilly.  She now sounds enormously like my friend's live-in significant other around here, Marlene, except Marlene sounds dumber & funnier, though the visuals help.

There are others on DMDN who sound like hicks, as interested as Ms. Wade but apparently sharper & more knowledgeable, & because I have the impression that's their real voice but that Ms. Wade's putting it on, it's charming rather than grating.  I guess that's why they're on during more favorable hours & rerun more often.  That "flagship" designation of MITD on DMDN is just something from Mr. Bell's time on the show, & they just haven't gotten done scraping the name off the prow.
QuoteAs somebody else mentioned, she's not doing the same old dog and pony show of Major (retired) Ed Dames, Whitley Strieber, Glynis McCants, Linda Mouton Howe, and Evylin Paglini. She's actively finding new guests who have new topics.
She?  Or her producer?  I do appreciate not hearing endlessly from that stream, although Linda Moulton Howe has never worn me out, & any of them can be good (often for a laugh) for 1st-hour quick takes on something in the nx.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Robert on January 21, 2018, 02:38:38 PM
Well, I wouldn't go that far!Now I'm shuddering to think about the one I hated most there: "This is Kim Williams from Missoula, Montana."  The worst thing about it was feeling evil for hating her, because she was an old lady not long for this world.

However, there are a lot of vocal idiosyncrasies out there I've loved & still do!  When you like it, it's their gimmick; when you don't, it's an idiosyncrasy.  I thought Ms. Wade sounded seductive at 1st, now someone imitating a hillbilly.  She now sounds enormously like my friend's live-in significant other around here, Marlene, except Marlene sounds dumber & funnier, though the visuals help.

There are others on DMDN who sound like hicks, as interested as Ms. Wade but apparently sharper & more knowledgeable, & because I have the impression that's their real voice but that Ms. Wade's putting it on, it's charming rather than grating.  I guess that's why they're on during more favorable hours & rerun more often.  That "flagship" designation of MITD on DMDN is just something from Mr. Bell's time on the show, & they just haven't gotten done scraping the name off the prow.She?  Or her producer?  I do appreciate not hearing endlessly from that stream, although Linda Moulton Howe has never worn me out, & any of them can be good (often for a laugh) for 1st-hour quick takes on something in the nx.

You mean, in the sack?

ItsTelly

Major (retired) Ed Dames, Whitley Strieber, Glynis McCants, Linda Mouton Howe, and Evylin Paglini

Evylin Paglini was fantastic!  And right on the money too!  She never repeated herself. 

Linda Moulton Howe is good.  She really does her homework.

Glynis McCants- she ripped off a book (Daniel Millman's The Life You Were Born to Live, one of his many books) and twists it into nonsense (and her entire career).

Whitley Strieber - I like Whitley but its the same thing over and over and over again. Geez, I mean, how many times can a guy talk about ONE anal probe?

Ed Dames- just a fraud.  Has anything he said ever come true?  Is he a Major in the same way Captain Crunch is a Captain?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: ItsTelly on January 21, 2018, 05:35:30 PM
Major (retired) Ed Dames, Whitley Strieber, Glynis McCants, Linda Mouton Howe, and Evylin Paglini

Evylin Paglini was fantastic!  And right on the money too!  She never repeated herself. 

Linda Moulton Howe is good.  She really does her homework.

Glynis McCants- she ripped off a book (Daniel Millman's The Life You Were Born to Live, one of his many books) and twists it into nonsense (and her entire career).

Whitley Strieber - I like Whitley but its the same thing over and over and over again. Geez, I mean, how many times can a guy talk about ONE anal probe?

Ed Dames- just a fraud.  Has anything he said ever come true?  Is he a Major in the same way Captain Crunch is a Captain?

Yep, that's how I see it. I'd still listen to the first two. The other three can go fuck themselves.

Paglini's Sicilian, I think, witchcraft background was interesting. Folklore and folk-magic are fascinating topics. I wish she would have talked more about its history and world view.   IIRC, she only briefly mentioned this. Not sure if she went into more detail when Noory took over the show. I never listened after Noory started.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Robtheacidghost on January 21, 2018, 06:12:09 PM
Paglini's Sicilian, I think, witchcraft background was interesting. Folklore and folk-magic are fascinating topics. I wish she would have talked more about its history and world view.   IIRC, she only briefly mentioned this. Not sure if she went into more detail when Noory took over the show. I never listened after Noory started.

https://thedemoniacal.blogspot.com/2014/04/dr-evelyn-paglini-has-passed-away.html?m=1

Gd5150

Quote from: ItsTelly on January 21, 2018, 05:35:30 PM

Ed Dames- just a fraud.  Has anything he said ever come true?

Agreed. I was listening to an old 90s Art Bell with him on it the other day and literally nothing he claimed was even close. He must be making the endless failed predictions guesses for the climate change movement.

Quote from: Gd5150 on January 21, 2018, 06:17:15 PM
Agreed. I was listening to an old 90s Art Bell with him on it the other day and literally nothing he claimed was even close. He must be making the endless failed predictions guesses for the climate change movement.
I'll try to explain something Heather does better by comparing interviews of Ed Dames versus another, lesser known remote viewer who name I forgot.

Whenever Ed Dames is interviewed, he talks up his CIA-developed remote techniques and goes on about how solid they are. Then, he makes some dramatic or scary predictions and takes a few calls. Then we get to hear tons of commercials for 95$ remote viewing DVDs. Not once are we given a demonstration or told how to do a beginner level remote viewing session.

Now, Heather Wade took a completely different approach to an interview with a remote viewer. A few weeks ago, she had a remote viewer on her show. He was practically unknown. She introduced him. He told us how he got started and what he was doing with it. He gave some examples of successes with the method. He talked about the idea behind how remote viewing is believed to work.

Toward the end of the show, he did something fun. He explained how to do remote viewing and had the audience remote view a secret target. If you participated, you could email him a photo of the results of your viewing session. The top ten hits would get a free copy of his book or something.

The winner would be announced the next day. So, the next day, he was on again, and he told us what the target was and discussed some of the submissions. He was a new guest. He wasn't acting like he had a big secret that you could have only if you sent him 95$. He was humble.

I liked this approach. Art or Noory wouldn't have booked him. Heather put the effort into finding him and getting him on her show.

QuoteGravitySucks   https://thedemoniacal.blogspot.com/2014/04/dr-evelyn-paglini-has-passed-away.html?m=1
Interesting. The comments following the post are interesting too. If true, it would explain why she never went into detail about the background of her witchcraft method.

Robert

Quote from: Robtheacidghost on January 21, 2018, 06:34:45 PMArt or Noory wouldn't have booked him. Heather put the effort into finding him and getting him on her show.
Are you sure that's the m.c.'s doing (or not doing), rather than the producer's?

GravitySucks

Quote from: Robtheacidghost on January 21, 2018, 06:34:45 PM
I'll try to explain something Heather does better by comparing interviews of Ed Dames versus another, lesser known remote viewer who name I forgot.

Whenever Ed Dames is interviewed, he talks up his CIA-developed remote techniques and goes on about how solid they are. Then, he makes some dramatic or scary predictions and takes a few calls. Then we get to hear tons of commercials for 95$ remote viewing DVDs. Not once are we given a demonstration or told how to do a beginner level remote viewing session.

Now, Heather Wade took a completely different approach to an interview with a remote viewer. A few weeks ago, she had a remote viewer on her show. He was practically unknown. She introduced him. He told us how he got started and what he was doing with it. He gave some examples of successes with the method. He talked about the idea behind how remote viewing is believed to work.

Toward the end of the show, he did something fun. He explained how to do remote viewing and had the audience remote view a secret target. If you participated, you could email him a photo of the results of your viewing session. The top ten hits would get a free copy of his book or something.

The winner would be announced the next day. So, the next day, he was on again, and he told us what the target was and discussed some of the submissions. He was a new guest. He wasn't acting like he had a big secret that you could have only if you sent him 95$. He was humble.

I liked this approach. Art or Noory wouldn't have booked him. Heather put the effort into finding him and getting him on her show.
Interesting. The comments following the post are interesting too. If true, it would explain why she never went into detail about the background of her witchcraft method.

That was the second time he was on. He did the same thing December 8, 2016.

Quote from: Robert on January 21, 2018, 06:44:45 PM
Are you sure that's the m.c.'s doing (or not doing), rather than the producer's?
I don't know. The host and the producer probably work together to find guests. How the work is divided must depend on the host. Heather gives the impression that she actively looks for prospective guests. Noory, on the other hand, gives the impression that his producer does ALL of the work.

WhiteCrow

I'm really enjoying Heathers show lately.  She is refreshing honest.  I like her open mindedness.  She is doing a great job.

Love ALL

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: WhiteCrow on January 21, 2018, 07:20:46 PM
I'm really enjoying Heathers show lately.  She is refreshing honest.  I like her open mindedness.  She is doing a great job.

Love ALL