• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Knapp

Started by ArtBellFan, April 27, 2008, 09:05:01 AM

zeebo

Quote from: Nebraska888 on May 25, 2015, 11:48:23 AM
It was a good program!!!!  Loved every second!   8)

First half was good but then, aargh, could not keep my eyes open so I missed the second half.   Side effect from an allergy pill which produced Noory-level drowsiness.

Quote from: zeebo on May 26, 2015, 06:49:59 PM
First half was good but then, aargh, could not keep my eyes open so I missed the second half.   Side effect from an allergy pill which produced Noory-level drowsiness.

Ah, you too huh?  That must be particularly tough for a squirrel.

ziznak

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on May 26, 2015, 06:54:13 PM
Ah, you too huh?  That must be particularly tough for a squirrel.
i dunno he's DOES wield a lightsaber though!!
made me go diggin this one up

Nick el Ass

Quote from: HorrorReporter on May 25, 2015, 07:52:55 PM
All of these tits comments reminds me of something.. today my family went mini-golfing. And my four year old son did amazing until the 9th hole when he just got insanely bored (all of us did, but as adults we just don't admit it)  Anyway, he has a little speech thing going on in his youth and pronounces his S's as T's.. So I secretly couldn't wait until the 6th hole.. he announced to everyone: "Ok everybody, ROUUUNNND TITS"

Quote from: yumyumtree on May 25, 2015, 11:40:47 PM
Spernumerary nipples are not too unusual, but the extras are usually just little blemish-like things, nothing like a real nipple.

I think at one time the supernumerary nipples would brand a woman a witch because it was thought that it was used to nurse a familiar. Another example of the good old days not being so good.

Quote from: ziznak on May 26, 2015, 01:34:46 PM
Threw this on at like 4am and kinda drifted in and out... he had redfern on right?  they seemed to be all over the place with nicks new book.  I heard mothman and men in black stuff along with a whole "tit-ton" of other titilating topics....

pretty sure it was the most recent show but like i said I was in and out of sleep too...

dreaming of boobies acutally... everybody seems to forget the childlike fondness of boobies that we all have regardless of genitals... boobs always rock... but "titties" may sometimes offend and then it's "GET YOU NONE"

After reading this I feel like Al Bundy, and I'm ready to pick up a copy of Big 'Uns.

zeebo

Quote from: ziznak on May 26, 2015, 07:39:20 PM
i dunno he's DOES wield a lightsaber though!!...

Hey Ziz yeah sometimes I use it to battle the Empire but mostly I just do exhibits in the park for beer money.

b_dubb

Quote from: ItsOver on May 26, 2015, 02:25:46 PM

Well, sir, we did find this at the scene of the heinous crime against Mr. Noory.

HA! The pizza role in the kitchen by the unbelievably mediocre radio show host! SOLVED!

ziznak

Quote from: zeebo on May 27, 2015, 12:09:22 AM
Hey Ziz yeah sometimes I use it to battle the Empire but mostly I just do exhibits in the park for beer money.

your exploits are well documented on the interwebs...

that pizzaroll was left behind for a reason....

136 or 142

This is Knapp's entire commentary on Jade Helm from the program:

"I keep getting letters from people asking me 'what do I think about Jade Helm', what do I think is going to happen, when will martial law be declared in Texas and other states. They ask me what I think, and then I tell them what I think, and then they get mad at me. I've had the most foul mouthed messages and e-mails from seemingly nice little old ladies who are absolutely outraged because they asked me what I thought about Jade Helm and I answered them honestly and, you know, the words they used are words that I've heard once or twice before but not from nice, little old ladies. I'll bet my Coast e-mail had 50 messages or more waiting for me here about Jade Helm and apparently a lot of folks have been worked up into a real tizzy about this, and I understand why. I see the handywork of those who work in the fear industry, the ones who seemingly manufacture some new phony crisis every couple of months and get everyone worked up into a lather pulling their hair out ready to head for the hills or seal themselves in the fall out bunker and then nothing happens. So, the masters of fear will start up something new. Some new terrible wave of fear coming our way, beware, baton down the hatches, stock up the pantry, lock and load, doom and darkness, woe is us.

You know, an industry is exactly what it is. It's part political, part entertainment. I guess sort of like voluntarily going to see a scary movie, except in this case and a few others people allow themselves to be convinced it's real. I mentioned briefly on the program once before, what I thought about it, and in my opinion that the U.S is not preparing to invade Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, Nevada or Utah. The U.S does not need to invade these places because the last time I checked they're already a part of our country and, yes, that includes Texas even though Texans sometimes have to be reminded of that and I say that with all do respect to my friends, the independent minded folks of Texas.

And, tell me this, if you wanted to pick out a state where you could practice instituting martial law, would you pick Texas? Is that where you'd start? How about Rhode Island as a warm up, Delaware, maybe. Work out the kinks on one of those states before you tackle Texas. Since I was here last, we saw an example of what I mean. A couple of would be terrorists headed for Texas intent on becoming martyrs by blasting away at that art event where people were invited to draw the prophet Mohammed. This thing is kind of provocative, no doubt about it, and you could say maybe it was asking for trouble, but after all this is America, we have a little something called the First Amendment, free speech, it is meant to protect all forms of speech and freedom of expression even if some people might find the content to be offensive. So, these two nitwits drive to Texas to make their stand, their carrying assault weapons, lots of ammo, and they run into one guy they didn't count on, one Texas street cop who had a service revolver against their assault weapons and before they knew what hit 'em, the score is street cop 2 terrorist 0. They're down, they're done.

I found myself wondering if this was intentional all along, maybe they could take this art show on the road state to by state to smoke out whichever terrorist might live in a particular area. Bottom line is though, is that the old slogan "Don't Mess With Texas" came to life that day and, you know, the world got the message. So if there was a secret plan to invade a state somewhere to practice the imposition of martial law, Texas is not the state I would choose to start with.

I also would not advertise my plans by parading a bunch armored vehicles with the letters 'U.N' painted on the side, put those vehicles on truck beds, drive them through the middle of town. You seen these photos on line? all over the place. Oh my God, U.N trucks rolling through town, right through the middle of town. Seems to me that would kind of remove a bit of the element of surprise, wouldn't you agree?

Like you, I am a conspiracy kind of guy. I like a good conspiracy yarn. I happen to believe that conspiracies really do happen and that our government does some really sneaky stuff. The mass surveillance system that listens to all of our phone calls and that puts all of our e-mails into a gigantic database, for example. That bothers me. That's real. A lot of folks who are worried about an invasion or martial law in Texas are the same folks who say they don't worry about government surveillance. They cheer on our troops, they're happy our military is so efficient and powerful and unstoppable. Rah rah for the troops. They don't mind giving up a first amendment right or two in exchange for feeling safer at night and now... So, yes I am inclined to believe that conspiratorial stuff does happen and supposedly it's in our own best interest but really it isn't and there are plenty of examples and I buy it and I'm with you on that.

But, I do not believe there is any evidence that Jade Helm is anything more than what it appears to be, a training exercise. And two or three months from now when this event is over and all the maneuvers have come and gone and Texas and the other states are still standing, then I think we'll see these fear mongers, this fear monger industry, come up with its next big gloom-and-doom plot and people will forget all about Jade Helm and they'll let themselves get worked up all over again into conniption fits all over again, over something else entirely. Something else altogether. You know, the people who make a living by stirring this pot, making us all worked up, chuckle to themselves and then walk to the bank and then uncork the next tall tale. And if I'm wrong I'm wrong about this, assuming I'm still allowed to broadcast on the airwaves after martial law is imposed, I will be happy to admit my mistake and grovel.

But, in the meantime, if you want to know my opinion and you write to me to ask for my opinion, please do not shower me with obscenities when I give you my opinion. I'll tell you what, let's just say that right now the United Nations or the Russians, that's one of the versions I've heard, is that the Russians supposedly have troops on the ground in the U.S now, maybe they'll back off their plan for Jade Helm, now that we're all on alert and we've found out what they're up to. And that could be the explanation for why nothing happens once Jade Helm kicks into gear. Fine with me, whatever works. I mean no offense to you who have concerns about Jade Helm because a lot of people have gone to a lot of trouble to convince you that something bad is about to happen. But, I think you've been had.

cweb

Now that's some good commentary, right thur.

More proof of the intelligence (and common sense) Knapp brings to the show. He's right-- lots of fuss over something that's likely got nothing to it.

El Kragen

This may have been mentioned, Im too lazy to look. I watched a movie last night called Area 51. Our man Knapp has a bit cameo. I would not recommend watching this movie tho cause it sucked really bad.

MrHippie

Once again George Knapp delivers an interesting and professional show. Bill Grabowski and his take on John Keel and the Mothman story was well researched and new to me. The intelligent and prolific Nick Redfern is always worth a listen. Knapp is so solid and effortless with his shows, the hard work and preparation he does might be overlooked.
Thanks G.K.   

Sabu2K

Quote from: MrHippie on May 29, 2015, 03:38:56 PM
Once again George Knapp delivers an interesting and professional show. Bill Grabowski and his take on John Keel and the Mothman story was well researched and new to me. The intelligent and prolific Nick Redfern is always worth a listen. Knapp is so solid and effortless with his shows, the hard work and preparation he does might be overlooked.
Thanks G.K.   

zeebo

Quote from: MrHippie on May 29, 2015, 03:38:56 PM
... Knapp is so solid and effortless with his shows, the hard work and preparation he does might be overlooked.

This is a good observation.  His good shows are not just the result of his sharp mind and good communication skills.  It's also because he respects both his guests and his audience enough to really prepare for the show.  There are little details that emerge which point to this, like his references to topical source materials, relevant current or historical events, and even comments about his chosen bumper music. 

Quote from: zeebo on May 29, 2015, 07:05:04 PM
This is a good observation.  His good shows are not just the result of his sharp mind and good communication skills.  It's also because he respects both his guests and his audience enough to really prepare for the show.  There are little details that emerge which point to this, like his references to topical source materials, relevant current or historical events, and even comments about his chosen bumper music.

Sure, but George N. has to keep up his torrid pace four, often five days a week.  And all that on gas station lunchables.  That doesn't leave a lot of time in twelve years to read a biography of Einstein for some background info, or to find a web page that describes how oil is really formed, or to learn the difference between a theory and an hypothesis, or to find out what kind of music friend of the program Billy Gibbons actually plays.

Ah sorry, was this Knapp's thread?

b_dubb

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on May 29, 2015, 07:28:27 PM
Sure, but George N. has to keep up his torrid pace four, often five days a week.  And all that on gas station lunchables.  That doesn't leave a lot of time in twelve years to read a biography of Einstein for some background info, or to find a web page that describes how oil is really formed, or to learn the difference between a theory and an hypothesis, or to find out what kind of music friend of the program Billy Gibbons actually plays.

Ah sorry, was this Knapp's thread?
He also hasn't had time for that surgical procedure to remove his head from his ass either.

Love the subject tonight. I would love to see George Knapp go after Big Meat and bring some much needed reform to that whole sordid industry.

zeebo

Quote from: FightTheFuture on May 30, 2015, 11:33:31 PM
Love the subject tonight. I would love to see George Knapp go after Big Meat and bring some much needed reform to that whole sordid industry.

I can't get into the topic tonite, too disturbing/heartbreaking.  But I respect Knapp for discussing it and those with the will to listen to it.  Catch y'all for tomorrow's show.

Quote from: zeebo on May 31, 2015, 12:07:05 AM
I can't get into the topic tonite, too disturbing/heartbreaking.  But I respect Knapp for discussing it and those with the will to listen to it.  Catch y'all for tomorrow's show.

Yeah, no doubt. One big reason I stopped consuming animal products.

I feel the same.  I didn't even turn it on but I'm glad Knapp is doing the show.

I know this isn't the politics forum but I'll just say that even though I'm with them about ending cruelty to animals, one thing that puts me off the animal rights movement is the contradiction of how many of these same animal rights people are pro-abortion, even late-term abortion, which is as inhumane as anything being done to animals around the world.

Scully

I can't get into the topic tonite, too disturbing/heartbreaking.  ...

My sentiments exactly.  Unfortunately, I can't see what good a show like this serves.  I hope I'm wrong, but it seems to me that the "bad guys" won't care, and the rest of us just can't stomach the subject. Who will listen and be able to better the situation?  :P

Scully

Quote from: 136 or 142 on May 27, 2015, 05:36:10 PM
This is Knapp's entire commentary on Jade Helm from the program: ...

I think Knapp deserves some kind of award for this commentary.  The man has an excellent grasp of many different situations and knows how to express them well.

On the other hand ... Friday night the minute the ghost segment was over and Noory went to those omphen lines, he immediately started into the Jade Helm story and then encouraged people to "talk about whatever you want to."

Subtle, George.  You idiot.  >:(

UFQuack

Re: The "what does the fox say" bumper.

Apology not accepted.

WOTR

Well, I'm listening for all of us then...  I doubt that I will ever give up meat- and I used to work around farm animals (most treated fairly good- but there are exceptions and feed lots and factory farms and almost any chicken operation that I ever ran across...)

Blackfish was mentioned tonight, and I think it may answer the question of "why do the show?"  They said that seaworld had a million fewer visitors last year and the stock dropped by half.  I am happy to say that three of us skipped it when in Orlando last year (though 4 family members did attend.)

It may be an uncomfortable subject- but I figure that if you are going to continue to live in this world you should familiarize yourself with some of the impacts of your choices. Sticking your head in the sand when it comes to things that make you uncomfortable isn't the best way to deal with it.

I am far from an "animal rights activist"  Hell, I took part in rodeo in my younger days.  However, I did start to question the source of my shaving brush after watching a video depicting badgers being hung upside down and skinned alive for their hair...  The only way to know what you are contributing to is to look at the evidence even if it makes you uncomfortable.

Anyhow, to each their own.  It is a good show.

Quote from: wotr1 on May 31, 2015, 02:40:02 AM
Well, I'm listening for all of us then...  I doubt that I will ever give up meat- and I used to work around farm animals (most treated fairly good- but there are exceptions and feed lots and factory farms and almost any chicken operation that I ever ran across...)

Blackfish was mentioned tonight, and I think it may answer the question of "why do the show?"  They said that seaworld had a million fewer visitors last year and the stock dropped by half.  I am happy to say that three of us skipped it when in Orlando last year (though 4 family members did attend.)

It may be an uncomfortable subject- but I figure that if you are going to continue to live in this world you should familiarize yourself with some of the impacts of your choices. Sticking your head in the sand when it comes to things that make you uncomfortable isn't the best way to deal with it.

I am far from an "animal rights activist"  Hell, I took part in rodeo in my younger days.  However, I did start to question the source of my shaving brush after watching a video depicting badgers being hung upside down and skinned alive for their hair...  The only way to know what you are contributing to is to look at the evidence even if it makes you uncomfortable.

Anyhow, to each their own.  It is a good show.

I'm a coward for not listening in last night because it was important to hear some those truths I don't want to hear. Like you, I investigated something that made me uncomfortable -  the origin of the 'faux fur' that comes attached to a lot of winter jackets out of China, and found that some did indeed contain dog fur. It forced me to think about where my clothes come from and what the human and animal costs are. I'd rather pay extra for a jacket made here than contribute any more to that kind of horrendous suffering.

I'm not a vegetarian, although I was for most of my 20's, but my meat consumption is very limited now. I think you're right on spot wotr1, in that the more uncomfortable truths like this are revealed, the more positive impact they will have. If not for Knapp, I wouldn't have known our wild horses were being rounded up and slaughtered. But now a lot of people know, thanks to him, and these cattlemen and lawmakers are under public scrutiny. Maybe the same thing will happen with the Korean dog farms. I hope so.  :-\

I know you shouldn't read the comments section as that is where the shallow end of the genepool resides, but in the comments of that dog rescue video there was a guy saying that anyone who disagrees with dogs being eaten in Korea is racist.  I'm not easily trolled but that really got my goat.

I've tried to go vegan and the longest I've ever stuck with it was about a year, all those legumes and grains just make me feel bloated and icky.

Gd5150

For those who find it necessary to wipe out species after species of animal for a horn, fin, tusk, etc... to make a soup that will make them feel more sexually powerful, maybe we should shove these small people into cages and experiment on them until we come up a genetically modified version of their race that comes born with better sized parts so they can stop wiping out everything on earth for their special soup that in reality does nothing for their sexual inadequacy. The U.S. Govt apparently already has a nice animal lab we can use in Nebraska that'll work nicely.

A few animals that come to mind that have been wiped out for this purpose:

Tigers - skull
Sharks - fin
Elephants - tusk
Rhinos - horn
Turtles - shell
Whales - lost track

When we're done with that, we can go ahead and force those running factory farms to live under the same conditions they feel are so acceptable for the animals they make money off of.

zeebo

Quote from: wotr1 on May 31, 2015, 02:40:02 AM
...It may be an uncomfortable subject- but I figure that if you are going to continue to live in this world you should familiarize yourself with some of the impacts of your choices. Sticking your head in the sand when it comes to things that make you uncomfortable isn't the best way to deal with it....

Fair point.  The problem for me seems to be having basically no idea where anything I consume comes from.  In our industrialized world, we're often detached from the source of our food and other products.  I'm sure much info is not disclosed to the public.  And some of the ecological groups seem to have political agendas which makes them not necessarily reliable either. 

My point is that even with good intentions it's hard to know how to make informed choices.  However I shall redouble my efforts to do so.  Gotta do what I can for my fellow critters.

I`m a firm believer that there would be far more vegetarians in the world if slaughterhouses had windows.