• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Pedestrians mowed down on London Bridge

Started by 21st Century Man, June 03, 2017, 04:21:54 PM

albrecht

Quote from: 21st Century Man on June 03, 2017, 07:04:35 PM
Did you not understand that I used qualifiers in my statement?  Most, citizens, conceal-carry permit?
You have to forgive him. They aren't even allowed to carry a knife, excepting small knives with non-locking blades. Unless in the course of business which can be proven.
https://www.gov.uk/buying-carrying-knives

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Yorkshire Pud on June 03, 2017, 06:52:18 PM
The police firearms units train to an incredibly high standard, work with each other, know each other, know what to do and when.

If that were true this would keep happening to you.  ::)

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on June 03, 2017, 07:10:52 PM
If that were true this would keep happening to you.  ::)

Tell you what Barbie: Take a firearm through Heathrow (assuming you got it past the xrays) and pull it out in the arrivals and see what response you get. Let us know, yeah?

mikuthing01

Quote from: Yorkshire Pud on June 03, 2017, 07:06:44 PM
Sure, and what if a friendly but dark skinned guy pulls a weapon to take on the terrorist, and he's behind you, but you don't know he's on your side. What then? You have less than a second to decide.

Up All Night

KEEP CALM AND .... RUN FOR YOUR LIVES

LONDON'S FALLING

SLEEP WELL, MICHAEL SAVAGE HAS BEEN BANNED FROM BRITAIN

Juan

Did Mayor Khan mention the victims? I didn't hear it.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Yorkshire Pud on June 03, 2017, 07:14:11 PM
Tell you what Barbie: Take a firearm through Heathrow (assuming you got it past the xrays) and pull it out in the arrivals and see what response you get. Let us know, yeah?

Oh sure! I'm a white guy of British decent. They'd probably rotorooter me. Islamic fundamentalist? Welcome!   ;D

gnooryblows

thread i made a while ago about this magazine published by ISIS

http://bellgab.com/politics/a-literal-isis-magazine-i-strongly-recommend-everyone-check-this-shit-out!/

link to mag

http://clarionproject.org/factsheets-files/islamic-state-magazine-dabiq-fifteen-breaking-the-cross.pdf

in their own words:The
fact is, even if you were to stop bombing us, imprisoning
us, torturing us, vilifying us, and usurping our
lands, we would continue to hate you because our primary
reason for hating you will not cease to exist until
you embrace Islam. Even if you were to pay jizyah
and live under the authority of Islam in humiliation,
we would continue to hate you. No doubt, we would
stop fighting you then as we would stop fighting any
disbelievers who enter into a covenant with us, but we
would not stop hating you.

definition jizyah

Jizya or jizyah (Arabic: جزية‎‎ ǧizya IPA: [dʒizja]; Ottoman Turkish: جزيه cizye) is a per capita yearly tax historically levied by Islamic states on certain non-Muslim subjectsâ€"dhimmisâ€"permanently residing in Muslim lands under Islamic law.

so as i said in the previous thread, "pay or pray" but understand that "being nice" or "tolerant" to them won't change a damn thing, they're going to want to kill you either way and in their own words they will hate you no matter what :(

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on June 03, 2017, 07:16:44 PM
Oh sure! I'm a white guy of British decent. They'd probably rotorooter me. Islamic fundamentalist? Welcome!   ;D

Hey Barbie, I've seen em up close, they hate everyone, you're not special. But do it, just for yuks and giggles.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: brig on June 03, 2017, 07:18:20 PM
Anybody heard from SV lately?

E mailed with him a day or so ago. He's not missing this place.

Lilith

Quote from: Yorkshire Pud on June 03, 2017, 07:20:20 PM
E mailed with him a day or so ago. He's not missing this place.

Ok, Thanks.

Yorkie, you are right, there are probably thousands of different possible scenarios in such a situation.  I don't profess to know every one of them.  A decently trained and armed person understands this, but also understands that the more trained/armed people the better.   I'm sure your response teams are trained to a very high standard but they ALWAYS arrive late my brother. 

The biggest difference I see is just basic mindset.  I grew up on a farm and we used guns as tools.  We had guns everywhere.  Once you drop the image of the gun and just realize it is a tool, it's not so scary.   

Quote from: Yorkshire Pud on June 03, 2017, 04:43:28 PM
Because they're tracking about a 1000 suspects home and abroad at any one time. Each one needing about 25-30 people to monitor them 24/7. Successive goverments (especially conseratives) have cut funds to the police and military.

Well, why the fuck are there 1000 terrorist suspects walking around?  How about start revoking visas, etc, and deporting them?

#whothefuckneedsthesepeople

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on June 03, 2017, 07:26:56 PM
Well, why the fuck are there 1000 terrorist suspects walking around?  How about start revoking visas, etc, and deporting them?

#whothefuckneedsthesepeople

Psst...they're political operatives but don't tell anyone. They want to keep that a secret.  ;)

Quote from: brig on June 03, 2017, 07:18:20 PM
Anybody heard from SV lately?

He is sucking off arabs at some muslim glory hole.

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on June 03, 2017, 05:09:41 PM
Your country was given advanced warning of the last attack and did nothing.  :-\

This is all Trump's fault.  We'll find out why from Ms Prime Minister May in a few days.  Has the Muslim mayor of London weighed in yet to tell us this is no big deal and to expect more?

albrecht

Quote from: Yorkshire Pud on June 03, 2017, 07:14:11 PM
Assuming you could step over all the delayed passengers. Speaking of which I assume they out the system back online? I see that Trump and some people have plans to "outsource" our ATC, the article mentions that Canada, you, and many other countries have done so. I'm a bit suspicious of handing certain things over to "non-profit corporations," PPP, and "pseudo-government agencies." Also going to a totally GPS-based system, I want redundancy and keep old, more-or-less proven tech around also.
https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2017-06-03/trump-to-kick-off-infrastructure-drive-with-air-traffic-proposal
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-02-22/faa-urged-to-focus-nextgen-air-traffic-project-on-new-york-skies

Quote from: Juan on June 03, 2017, 05:54:30 PM
Sky News reports police are now treating this as a "possible" terrorist incident.

That's pretty courageous, they shouldn't expect to be well treated in the reeducation camps.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Billy Joe Mulgreavey on June 03, 2017, 07:23:27 PM

Yorkie, you are right, there are probably thousands of different possible scenarios in such a situation.  I don't profess to know every one of them.  A decently trained and armed person understands this, but also understands that the more trained/armed people the better.   I'm sure your response teams are trained to a very high standard but they ALWAYS arrive late my brother. 

The biggest difference I see is just basic mindset.  I grew up on a farm and we used guns as tools.  We had guns everywhere.  Once you drop the image of the gun and just realize it is a tool, it's not so scary.

The UK simply doesn't have the culture now. Until relatively recently, bizarrly every Englishman between (I think) 14-50 had to practice with a bow and arrow twice a week. The only reason the US has a gun culture was to tackle the government, not each other. Yet look what happened? How many mass murders are prevented compared with those that aren't?

I'm not 'scared' of guns, but I sure as hell was taught to appreciate what comes out of the business end by RAF instructors. We were shown photos of what happens from ND's and 'friendly' fire. Its the clown pullng the trigger that makes the difference. The same as motorcycles; Stood on their stands they're inert, its the rider who makes the difference.

Finally, The UK has approximately 50 gun deaths per year (including suicides) the USA has about 70 per day.

Quote from: Juan on June 03, 2017, 07:06:04 PM
Here's the conspiracy angle - May's party is down to a one point lead after leading by 12-points a week ago.

Terrorism is not carried out in order to influence elections.  They don't believe in elections, and hate all infidels and their political parties equally.

Wait, are we talking about ISIS/al-Qaeda/Boko Haram/al-Shabab or Occupy/BLM/Antifa/CNN?

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: albrecht on June 03, 2017, 07:30:38 PM
Assuming you could step over all the delayed passengers. Speaking of which I assume they out the system back online? I see that Trump and some people have plans to "outsource" our ATC, the article mentions that Canada, you, and many other countries have done so. I'm a bit suspicious of handing certain things over to "non-profit corporations," PPP, and "pseudo-government agencies." Also going to a totally GPS-based system, I want redundancy and keep old, more-or-less proven tech around also.
https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2017-06-03/trump-to-kick-off-infrastructure-drive-with-air-traffic-proposal
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-02-22/faa-urged-to-focus-nextgen-air-traffic-project-on-new-york-skies

It seems to have been the BA/IBERIA system only, and the unions are blaming the job cuts in the IT dept. BA have said it was a power surge...experts in power management and IT say that's utter bollox, as they have failsafe power backup, and wouldn't happen.

Quote from: StarrMountain on June 03, 2017, 07:49:15 PM
https://youtu.be/ZwbULvo0j_o

OK.  This is all I have to see.  If your worthless "leaders" aren't going to help you, you have to protect yourselves.  Period.

starrmtn001

Quote from: Billy Joe Mulgreavey on June 03, 2017, 07:55:06 PM
OK.  This is all I have to see.  If your worthless "leaders" aren't going to help you, you have to protect yourselves.  Period.
But, Billy, I live in Colorado, not the UK. 

bateman

... Really? This is the hashtag he's going with?

Quote from: StarrMountain on June 03, 2017, 07:56:30 PM
But, Billy, I live in Colorado, not the UK.

Haha, I know Star...was continuing on with a conversation with Yorkie, but it does apply to us too don't you think?

albrecht

Quote from: Yorkshire Pud on June 03, 2017, 07:44:35 PM
It seems to have been the BA/IBERIA system only, and the unions are blaming the job cuts in the IT dept. BA have said it was a power surge...experts in power management and IT say that's utter bollox, as they have failsafe power backup, and wouldn't happen.
I heard the system management was outsourced (India or Pakistan) and the hired help didn't know how to reboot the system. But haven't followed the story closely. I'm somewhat a Luddite when it comes to certain things and "if it aint broke, don't fix it" and like reliable systems with redundancies and alternative plans. I'm a bit suspect of everything being digital, remotely serviced, handled by outside contractors (often in foreign countries,) outsourced to private concern or "pseudo-government" PPPs, etc. Not that I think government is the most efficient or cheapest option in most cases- but certain things, for national security reasons, should remain 'in house.' And in some situation you don't want simply the cheapest option.

starrmtn001

Quote from: Billy Joe Mulgreavey on June 03, 2017, 07:59:30 PM
Haha, I know Star...was continuing on with a conversation with Yorkie, but it does apply to us to don't you think?
Yes, with 2 exceptions.  We have the Second Amendment, and we have a real President now, that fulfills his promises and does what he says he's going to do.

Quote from: b🎱man on June 03, 2017, 07:56:38 PM
... Really? This is the hashtag he's going with?

Well Boston Strong was already taken.