• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Connie Willis

Started by GeorgieForPresident2216, October 18, 2014, 11:11:51 PM

Celia

I’m not really familiar with Connie but just heard a replay of her guest-hosting Saturday night. It was clear from some of her responses that she hadn’t been listening to the guest she was supposed to be interviewing. At one point, it seemed like she struggled to even remember his name. She also had a few bouts of inane commentary that had nothing to do with the topic. Is she always a terrible interviewer or did I catch her on an off night?

Metron2267

Quote from: Celia on May 21, 2018, 06:52:43 AM
I’m not really familiar with Connie but just heard a replay of her guest-hosting Saturday night. It was clear from some of her responses that she hadn’t been listening to the guest she was supposed to be interviewing. At one point, it seemed like she struggled to even remember his name. She also had a few bouts of inane commentary that had nothing to do with the topic. Is she always a terrible interviewer or did I catch her on an off night?

Consistency of preparation and focus is not her strong suit, imo.

I much prefer Lisa Garr!

Jojo

Quote from: Celia on May 21, 2018, 06:52:43 AM
She occassiona!ly does that.  I forget where she's from but i think it's somewhere where conversations move a little more slowly, like the south?  I like her.  She is great on video, with a kind face.

GravitySucks

Quote from: monica on May 21, 2018, 07:41:29 PM
She occassiona!ly does that.  I forget where she's from but i think it's somewhere where conversations move a little more slowly, like the south?

Kentucky

Jojo

zeebo

Looking forward to tonite!  First guest is a guy from the old Science Channel show "Meteorite Men".  As one of the estimated ten fans who actually watched that show, I can't wait.  Then, second guest is some dude who supposedly built a "device" that opened a "portal" that let in some kind of "bipedal creatures".  Add in some of Ms. Connie's patented giggles, Wow's, and possible Bigfoot references, and now you've got a show.  8)

zeebo

LOL Connie just totally spaced on the break, no segue, they just cut to commercial.

Yeah I know, I'm the only one listening to this.

albrecht

Quote from: zeebo on June 02, 2018, 11:35:12 PM
LOL Connie just totally spaced on the break, no segue, they just cut to commercial.

I'll listen tomorrow when mowing. Watching "Alone in the Dark" (1982) such a great cast in a bad movie, tho a good one?

GravitySucks

Quote from: zeebo on June 02, 2018, 11:35:12 PM

Sounds pretty stoned to me.

zeebo

Quote from: albrecht on June 02, 2018, 11:38:38 PM
I'll listen tomorrow when mowing. Watching "Alone in the Dark" (1982) such a great cast in a bad movie, tho a good one?

The guest name-dropped better than Hoagie in the first segment, but now we're getting into the nerdy stuff which is pretty good.  The science and lore around meteorites, and the hunting thereof, is surprisingly kind of interesting.

Scully

Quote from: GravitySucks on June 02, 2018, 11:44:14 PM
Sounds pretty stoned to me.

I've never heard her when she didn't seem to be stoned.  ::)

zeebo

Quote from: Scully on June 03, 2018, 12:17:24 AM
I've never heard her when she didn't seem to be stoned.  ::)

I think she's snacking on "happy nachos" again. 

albrecht

Quote from: zeebo on June 02, 2018, 11:48:11 PM
The guest name-dropped better than Hoagie in the first segment, but now we're getting into the nerdy stuff which is pretty good.  The science and lore around meteorites, and the hunting thereof, is surprisingly kind of interesting.

Alas, I find myself somehow watching a doc about the Panama invasion. I seem to find these things better than leeches in ponds  Truth or not? Still hurt.

zeebo

Nice, Connie just warned of the difference between "portals" and "portholes".  One Mr. Noory has never done us this service!

Juan

Quote from: zeebo on June 03, 2018, 01:14:46 AM
Nice, Connie just warned of the difference between "portals" and "portholes".  One Mr. Noory has never done us this service!
I’ve heard sNoory describe ship’s windows as portals.

Metron2267

Too freaking funny!

;)

albrecht

Wow. This guest is nuts but hilarious. I think he covered about all C2C topics in one swoop! And he is adament that bigfeet in orb form touch him all over but not sexually!! That NEVER happened. An 'over unity' machine that is used by bigfeet to open portals to rescue trapped bigfeet from a dieing planet due to a red dwarf! They put a wormy thing in his brain. Which really is a female bigfoot in orb form inside his brain that protects him.

ItsOver

Jorch thinks they're the same thing.  He was in the Navy, you know.  ;)

zeebo

Quote from: albrecht on June 03, 2018, 03:10:09 PM
Wow. This guest is nuts but hilarious. I think he covered about all C2C topics in one swoop! And he is adament that bigfeet in orb form touch him all over but not sexually!! That NEVER happened. An 'over unity' machine that is used by bigfeet to open portals to rescue trapped bigfeet from a dieing planet due to a red dwarf! They put a wormy thing in his brain. Which really is a female bigfoot in orb form inside his brain that protects him.

I only caught like the first fifteen mins. of this guy but yeah he was way far out even for Connie.  The interstellar bigfoot conspiracy just went public.

Uncle Duke

The guest last night, Steve Huff, was the hokiest ever on C2C.  Would love to hear Ian Punnett interview this charlatan, he'd eat him alive.

WeinerInHand

Keep it up, fellas - this can only increase my chances.
Connie? I'm here for you, if you wanna ...talk.

Metron2267

Yabutt you'l have to make it past the Yorky in her petting order...

ItsOver

Quote from: WeinerInHand on November 04, 2018, 12:38:28 PM
Keep it up, fellas - this can only increase my chances.
Connie? I'm here for you, if you wanna ...talk.

I think she's more into doughnuts than weiners.

http://youtu.be/p_m1SAmKfQs

Metron2267

Really helpful drive through service... :-\

Corona Kitty

Quote from: ItsOver on November 04, 2018, 01:29:57 PM
I think she's more into doughnuts than weiners.

http://youtu.be/p_m1SAmKfQs

I think we have different meanings of what a "live quickie", is.

albrecht

Connie talked about a recent "bigfootin' trip to find sasquatch but she did ok with Penniston and I think caught him in a few lies (remembering after "regression" and then later saying that he "always remembered.") Also I thought there was a mini-feud and hurled allegations between some of the people involved but him glossed it over that he wanted to focus on the "binary code download." Both seemed confused about binary and whether anyone knew about it back then! Binary numbers have been around for centuries.

Metron2267

Not enough donuts...or coffee... ;D

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Metron2267 on January 27, 2019, 01:36:42 PM
Not enough donuts...or coffee... ;D

Just call W. I understand he delivers now.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: albrecht on January 26, 2019, 07:49:29 PM
Connie talked about a recent "bigfootin' trip to find sasquatch but she did ok with Penniston and I think caught him in a few lies (remembering after "regression" and then later saying that he "always remembered.") Also I thought there was a mini-feud and hurled allegations between some of the people involved but him glossed it over that he wanted to focus on the "binary code download." Both seemed confused about binary and whether anyone knew about it back then! Binary numbers have been around for centuries.

Listened to this show this afternoon, agree with your observations.  Penniston is clearly trying to downplay the roles and experiences of the others from Rendelsham, only his is important. And yes, he and Halt have long been at odds over the whole story.  Halt has said Penniston has made false claims, from what I understand the two will not appear together.  One other thing I noticed was he insisted on tell his story from start to finish and got annoyed when Connie asked questions that made him jump around in the narrative.  Investigators are taught that is an indication of someone who has memorized a story and is telling it rote.  Not a good sign the witness is being honest.

Jojo

Poor Connie, she has basically had to monologue for 3 hours.