A Vulcan
97 (39.6%)
Hank's Japanese half-brother, "Junichero," in King of the Hill eps. 6ABE20-21  
57 (23.3%)
A stoner sufer named "Tracker," who mentored Sean Penn & Keanu Reeves
47 (19.2%)
Frankenstein's Monster
102 (41.6%)
One of those faces on the Sgt. Pepper album (2nd row from the top. Face #5)
66 (26.9%)

Total Members Voted: 245

Heather Wade

Quote from: Renaldo on September 15, 2013, 12:50:33 AM
Does he keep calling the country of Mexico, New Mexico? He just said he didn't think they'd shut the grid down in Canada, US and New Mexico.

That's what I heard too.

Tinfoil Hat

Quote from: sleeplessinca on September 15, 2013, 12:48:24 AM
Or maybe the Blues Brothers or not

"We're a million miles from a decent show, we've got no gas and half a pack of cigarettes. It's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

"Hit it!"

Nucky Nolan

Quote from: sleeplessinca on September 15, 2013, 12:42:26 AM
My dad said the Beatles were a passing thing.  Hahaha

Justin Bieber is a passing thing....like a kidney stone. He's *older* than Buddy Holly during his prime.

Renaldo

So Wells and this caller think it's great that women are finally waking up to what's going on? Did they say that?

SnapT

Quote from: Étouffée on September 15, 2013, 12:52:04 AM
Yes!  Non-sequitur theater and I loved it!  Ending with chipmunks...perfect.

However, Jesus H. Christ, Art, your return is so needed and welcomed!

I'm wishing Wells kept her on for the whole show, her story is so hilarious and weird.  Instead all he could do was breathe heavily and express excitement about a proposed MATRIX 4 theme park attraction.  Even Noory would've done a better interview.

sleeplessinca

Quote from: Renaldo on September 15, 2013, 12:44:50 AM
Your dad was right, they haven't put an album out in decades!
Good one!  Just saw a big cirque show built on their music while in Vegas.  They used lots of the more obscure songs so wasn't tired or predictable.  They didn't use my favorite B side, You Know My Name (Look Up My Number).  I'm not that old (older than many of you folk) but had a sister 7 years older and grew up just outside Berkeley CA so the flower child thing was very influential.

Nucky Nolan

Quote from: Étouffée on September 15, 2013, 12:52:04 AM
However, Jesus H. Christ, Art, your return is so needed and welcomed!

If we have a solar flare that knocks out the grid during the military exercises, blame Noory. He'll discuss such things with Steve Quayle on Magic Monday.

Renaldo

Quote from: sleeplessinca on September 15, 2013, 12:58:21 AM
Good one!  Just saw a big cirque show built on their music while in Vegas.  They used lots of the more obscure songs so wasn't tired or predictable.  They didn't use my favorite B side, You Know My Name (Look Up My Number).  I'm not that old (older than many of you folk) but had a sister 7 years older and grew up just outside Berkeley CA so the flower child thing was very influential.

I saw the Beatles Love show when it first opened. I lived in Vegas then and got to see the 'friends and family' trial run a couple of nights before it opened for free. One of the best things I've ever seen.

Quote from: Nucky Nolan on September 15, 2013, 01:01:07 AM
If we have a solar flare that knocks out the grid during the military exercises, blame Noory. He'll discuss such things with Steve Quayle on Magic Monday.

In the vast scheme of things, the return (NOT the "premier") of Art Bell isn't of great significance, but I can't help it, I'm so excited (and I just can't hide it)!

sleeplessinca

Quote from: Renaldo on September 15, 2013, 01:09:36 AM
I saw the Beatles Love show when it first opened. I lived in Vegas then and got to see the 'friends and family' trial run a couple of nights before it opened for free. One of the best things I've ever seen.
I just watched a video of You Know My Name and saw some amazing old footage if the boys.  Wiki says its one of the last things John and Paul worked together on.  Totally fun piece that took years to compile.  I knew it was special. 

Renaldo

Quote from: sleeplessinca on September 15, 2013, 01:15:02 AM
I just watched a video of You Know My Name and saw some amazing old footage if the boys.  Wiki says its one of the last things John and Paul worked together on.  Totally fun piece that took years to compile.  I knew it was special.

I think Tomorrow Never Knows is my favorite song of theirs. I loved that they ended a season (couple of seasons ago maybe?) of Mad Men with it. Very effective to show that Don Draper had just been eclipsed culturally by the next generation and made irrelevant.

SnapT

I'm actually reading the court documents now, this is how amused I was by tonight's guest. 

This is a description of the story she claims both THE TERMINATOR and THE MATRIX ripped off, straight from the court documents...

Quote83.​Defendants Gale Anne Hurd, James Cameron, Pacific Western Productions, Inc., and Hemdale Film Corporation knew between May 1, 1981 and February 2, 1984 that Sophia Stewart was the copyright owner of the May 1, 1981 story entitled the “Third Eye” registered under TXu 117-610 regarding a post nuclear war battle between man and machines associated with the end of time with subjects from outer space acting while "naked without shame.” On May 1, 1981, Sophia Stewart completed the screen treatment entitled the “Third Eye” which concept was placed in 2110 after horrible nuclear wars and a spiritual evolution was underway due to conflicts between those who were spiritually based and those that were technologically based, and this conflict led to a war between highly sophisticated machines brought about by highly skilled weapon systems scientists and humans. The war involved the use of interplanetary space travel through an advanced machine that functioned from the planet commanded by Queen Johnny called Spacestar that functions totally through cybernetic ally made machines that functioned through highly sophisticated micro chips. Each is programmed to achieve a particular function connected to warfare. Some are programmed to kill. One planet that engages in warfare with the main character who has been touched by a spiritual happening is Ikahn, a warrior.  It is through this conflict that he is forced to take up arms against those on earth that are in pursuit of a spiritual life when he is forced into conflict with the machines that operate without emotion or conscious. The engagement takes place and those with spirit prevail leaving those with the seed of life to go on unencumbered by the highly programmed machines that are almost able to reason so as to conflict with the leadership of man that is grounded in spiritual thought.

LOL.

sleeplessinca

Quote from: Renaldo on September 15, 2013, 01:21:39 AM
I think Tomorrow Never Knows is my favorite song of theirs. I loved that they ended a season (couple of seasons ago maybe?) of Mad Men with it. Very effective to show that Don Draper had just been eclipsed culturally by the next generation and made irrelevant.
You can't be implying...

Paul McCartney is headlining a big lollapalooza here in SF. 

sleeplessinca

Quote from: SnapT on September 15, 2013, 01:21:41 AM
I'm actually reading the court documents now, this is how amused I was by tonight's guest. 

This is a description of the story she claims both THE TERMINATOR and THE MATRIX ripped off, straight from the court documents...

LOL.
Thanks for sharing this relevant info. 

I'm only seeing the loosest of connections between her story and the so -called rip offs.Stuff like that there is a future...

aldousburbank

Caller just said we should get electric bikes with solar panels to save our asses. Heh, got one!

Renaldo

I don't think I'm implying anything, what do you think I'm implying? Hmmm...

I'm amazed that Paul's still alive. When he was on SNL a year or so ago, it was like someone's grandfather wandered onto the stage. I guess, that's technically true. hahaha

sleeplessinca

Quote from: aldousburbank on September 15, 2013, 01:31:24 AM
Caller just said we should get electric bikes with solar panels to save our asses. Heh, got one!
I got an electric Vespa type scooter.  Cherry red.   No solar panels though.  It is pretty cool.  Is my 4$$ safe? Not if a kid in a Suburban plows me over!

aldousburbank

Your 455 is safe with me. Let's ride!

SnapT

Quote from: sleeplessinca on September 15, 2013, 01:28:50 AM
Thanks for sharing this relevant info. 

I'm only seeing the loosest of connections between her story and the so -called rip offs.Stuff like that there is a future...

Yeah, there's NO connection!  If anything, it's HER ripping off stuff like BATTLESTAR GALACTICA.  There are NO machines from outer space or interplanetary travel in TERMINATOR or MATRIX!  And there is apparently no VIRTUAL WORLD or TIME TRAVEL in HER story, which are the main elements of MATRIX and TERMINATOR! 

Meanwhile on the planet Spacestar, led by Queen Johnny...

Renaldo

Quote from: sleeplessinca on September 15, 2013, 01:34:18 AM
I got an electric Vespa type scooter.  Cherry red.   No solar panels though.  It is pretty cool.  Is my 455 safe?

What brand is it? Is it a Zapino? Thinking of getting something like this, gas or electric, a little down the road.

Nucky Nolan

Quote from: Étouffée on September 15, 2013, 01:11:59 AM
I'm so excited (and I just can't hide it)!

I had the same problem in tenth grade. :-[ Fortunately, I rarely got called to the blackboard.

sleeplessinca

Quote from: SnapT on September 15, 2013, 01:36:56 AM
Yeah, there's NO connection!  If anything, it's HER ripping off stuff like BATTLESTAR GALACTICA.  There are NO machines from outer space or interplanetary travel in TERMINATOR or MATRIX!  And there is apparently no VIRTUAL WORLD or TIME TRAVEL in HER story, which are the main elements of MATRIX and TERMINATOR! 

Meanwhile on the planet Spacestar, led by Queen Johnny...
Jeez have you thought if sending that to JBW?  He might do a better job of research next time before he signs up a fruit loop.

sleeplessinca

Quote from: Renaldo on September 15, 2013, 01:36:56 AM
What brand is it? Is it a Zapino? Thinking of getting something like this, gas or electric, a little down the road.
It's an EVT R 20 I think maybe R40

Nucky Nolan

Quote from: Renaldo on September 15, 2013, 01:32:17 AM
I don't think I'm implying anything, what do you think I'm implying? Hmmm...

I'm amazed that Paul's still alive. When he was on SNL a year or so ago, it was like someone's grandfather wandered onto the stage. I guess, that's technically true. hahaha

I saw him in concert about ten years ago (unreal how time flies). He played and sang like he was at his peak. He performed for two to three hours. He still had it that night.

aldousburbank

Quote from: SnapT on September 15, 2013, 01:36:56 AM
Yeah well, I, in fact, wrote the original versions of The Big Lebowski AND Up In Smoke in my diary.

Quote from: sleeplessinca on September 15, 2013, 01:39:58 AM
Jeez have you thought if sending that to JBW?  He might do a better job of research next time before he signs up a fruit loop.

Ah, there's no point in giving people tips about nailing jello to the wall!

I enjoyed it for the "amok time" that it was and think this has been one of Johnny B's best shows.  Maybe there's an Art Bell "trickle down effect"?

Renaldo

Quote from: sleeplessinca on September 15, 2013, 01:42:07 AM
It's an EVT R 20 I think maybe R40

Those are pretty cool! They look fun. If I end up getting a place with a garage next year, I think a commuter scooter's going to be on the list.

sleeplessinca

Quote from: Étouffée on September 15, 2013, 01:44:55 AM

Ah, there's no point in giving people tips about nailing jello to the wall!

I enjoyed it for the "amok time" that it was and think this has been one of Johnny B's best shows.  Maybe there's an Art Bell "trickle down effect"?
We are all learning. 

sleeplessinca

Quote from: Renaldo on September 15, 2013, 01:48:56 AM
Those are pretty cool! They look fun. If I end up getting a place with a garage next year, I think a commuter scooter's going to be on the list.
It is but I'm selling/donating mine cuz I just don't use it.  Freaks me out to be up against the big cars and trucks all by myself.