A Vulcan
97 (39.6%)
Hank's Japanese half-brother, "Junichero," in King of the Hill eps. 6ABE20-21  
57 (23.3%)
A stoner sufer named "Tracker," who mentored Sean Penn & Keanu Reeves
47 (19.2%)
Frankenstein's Monster
102 (41.6%)
One of those faces on the Sgt. Pepper album (2nd row from the top. Face #5)
66 (26.9%)

Total Members Voted: 245

Nucky Nolan

Quote from: Tinfoil Hat on September 12, 2013, 02:11:41 PM
Sometimes in cold weather, I like hot tea with rum (an old W.W. I drink mentioned in All Quiet on the Western Front). However, Wells makes me want to do shots. Many, many shots, one right after the other in relentless repetition.

That's a remarkable movie. It's my second-favorite World War I film ("Sergeant York" is first). I need rum and tea, of the Long Island variety, to listen to Noory. Maybe that's what Wells means by "a proper cup of tea".

SR-71

Metaphysics & the Matrix
Date:    09-14-13
Host:    John B. Wells
Guests:    Sophia Stewart

According to author Sophia Stewart, her epic story, The Third Eye, was plagiarized to create two of Hollywood's biggest franchises, The Matrix and The Terminator. She joins John B. Wells to discuss how she transformed comprehensive metaphysical and spiritual concepts into the most revered science fiction films of the 20th century.

6-10pm PT: Art Bell - Somewhere in Time returns to 8/22/01 when news of the alien-faced Chilbolton Crop Glyph broke.

yumyumtree

According to Snopes, this has already been debunked. So this ought to be interesting.

Renaldo

Honestly, when I saw this was the topic, I knew C2C had finally shit itself.

All of this is so ridiculous. Nobody would even know who she was if it wasn't for a community college newspaper and a journalism student who doesn't know how to fact check. There's no point to having her as a guest.

Renaldo

WTF is this show? She is so ridiculous it's ridiculous!

HorrorRetro

Quote from: Renaldo on September 14, 2013, 11:26:49 PM
WTF is this show? She is so ridiculous it's ridiculous!

This is quite possibly one of the worst guests ever.  :o  A complete nutter.

Chine

Haha. This is so sad. You hear John sighing? I actually like John, btw. This guest is absolutely absent. He asked her if she wrote things down. She responds that she's Native American. What?!  Omg. He is miserable. Haha. And he's not hiding it.

What a terrible guest. Wells ironically questions nothing that's put in front of him. Ugh. Done.

sleeplessinca

Quote from: HorrorRetro on September 14, 2013, 11:28:49 PM
I just tuned in and the guest was muttering about the matrix.  She got slower and lower until she petered out.  Wells seems to sense this is not going to sustain the whole show.  Probably not the whole hour.

yumyumtree

I don't know if she's scheduled for the whole show, but I have a hard time fathoming this going on even to the top of the hour.
This might be a candidate for the "mentally ill guests" thread, if that still exists.

Renaldo

Could you imagine if Dave was doing the interview? They'd just be saying random shit back and forth for hours. hahaha

I'm wondering how long this interview's going to go

Chine

Love that he's not pretending to buy it. 'Uh...Eh. Yeah so, if anyone feels inclined to call in..'

sleeplessinca

I like JBW too but have to admit I'm a sucker for a good voice and great music choices. 

Heather Wade

Mentally ill guest?
I gotta hear this.

Plasmaboy

Should go check out her twitter profile.  Pretty funny stuff...

Chine

This is bad. Tempted to call in. She's seriously a wreck.

Renaldo

What's she talking about? And they're going to calls in like 30 minutes of interview? hahaha I think tonight's a big open line night. hahaha

Someone needs to call in and tell her The Matrix sucks.

Renaldo

Now she's trying to say she created a Matrix game that you can play online and become Neo? That's so 1998. WTF?

HorrorRetro

Wow.  She's crazy as a shithouse rat.  Who did the pre-interview on this guest?  Anyone?  He's already gone to calls.  ::)

Quote from: Chine on September 14, 2013, 11:35:17 PM
Love that he's not pretending to buy it. 'Uh...Eh. Yeah so, if anyone feels inclined to call in..'

Not pretending to buy it? If he doesn't buy it, he sure isn't challenging her. His interviewing style is to ask an irrelevant question, let the guest ramble on and on, and sigh from time to time because he has no idea what to ask for a follow up question.

Chine

Ahaha. He's just laughing and having fun with it. She said 'Vivarin and joysticks?' Matrix attractions? Like Disney rides?

Heather Wade

Quote from: Renaldo on September 14, 2013, 11:45:29 PM
Now she's trying to say she created a Matrix game that you can play online and become Neo? That's so 1998. WTF?

My thoughts exactly... wtf?  Taking calls so early in, it's like Wells doesn't know what to say to her, lol.

Renaldo

Quote from: Chine on September 14, 2013, 11:42:30 PM
This is bad. Tempted to call in. She's seriously a wreck.

That's like calling the Titanic a wreck. hahaha

And this caller is awesome because he's in the same situation!  Just so you Bellgabbers all know, I invented good beer, good running shoes, pizza, and bicycles. I've never received a penny for any of it, but I give them all to you freely.

Renaldo

An old BELL computer? I'm thinking this caller is one of us... where's Bateman tonight?

Nucky Nolan

Quote from: HorrorRetro on September 14, 2013, 11:28:49 PM

Is this Jan from Brooklyn's kid sister? The one that no one talks about?

NoMoreNoory

Re-defining the train wreck. Hats off to The Breather. It is some achievement to make Noory look vaguely competent. Wells is being exposed as the fraud I believe him to be week by week.

Chine

Quote from: TheGrimCreeper1 on September 14, 2013, 11:46:16 PM
Not pretending to buy it? If he doesn't buy it, he sure isn't challenging her. His interviewing style is to ask an irrelevant question, let the guest ramble on and on, and sigh from time to time because he has no idea what to ask for a follow up question.

Follow up suggests she digests the initial questioning. There's no connect. He asked her point blank questions tp initiate delving further. However, she is incapable. He asked a simple question about documenting work, yes? Her reply was about her Native American heritage. There's no hook to lead him further. At all. How can you get her grounded in reality about literary agents, green lights in film. Rights to script when she's floating about 'Visions' ?

sleeplessinca

Did she wrap this up with references to the Smurfs and the Chipmunks?

HorrorRetro

Quote from: sleeplessinca on September 14, 2013, 11:57:45 PM

And The Three Stooges...

Nucky Nolan

Quote from: sleeplessinca on September 14, 2013, 11:57:45 PM

Affirmative! I think that she mentioned the Three Stooges too. The stuff about the Smurfs and the Chipmunks made no sense...until then. Now, it all comes together. ::)