• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Ciardelo

Quote from: Segundus on December 19, 2015, 05:06:19 PM
Unless he just got tired of the daily routine and prefers to have a show run by Heather into which he can poke his head every now and again.  That doesn't work for me, but it may please some.  I, personally, think the show will go down the tubes. If he wanted to leave he should have planned it better to salvage what could be salvaged.
Still with the "He's not doing it the way I want." He didn't break up with you did he?

GravitySucks

Quote from: ge30542 on December 19, 2015, 05:07:34 PM
What's the reference, (several days ago), whereby Bateman' s name was mentioned in a post here, about pending Cuumulus involvement?

He talked about it on the Future Theater show, so that may narrow your search.

bellNwhistle

Quote from: norland2424 on December 19, 2015, 05:07:21 PM
all his posts are rants like that, hell maybe he is the stalker.

Damn, that's two people you've turned in so far! You get 40K! :D  (or am I thinking of someone else? Hell, just take the 40 grand).

Ciardelo

Quote from: bellNwhistle on December 19, 2015, 05:06:35 PM
Maybe it's Just Me...  (see what I did there? ;) )

but how is someone not telling Art to jump off a cliff, or whatever you think everyone in here should be doing, mean we're intoxicated trampler-holics?  (yeah, I made that shit up, buddy).  I mean come on, now.   Why did you join this forum? Just to trash Art Bell? Or were you a listener? I joined because I like the show. Period.  That doesn't mean I want to have the man's kids or something.  :o  I've got a bottle of wine I haven't cracked open yet. You might want to consider having some.
Did you just invite JustMe over for a drink?

I hate to use this, but i have to  >:(

onan

Quote from: GravitySucks on December 19, 2015, 05:07:46 PM
Go read the nightly MiTD threads. There was probably only 2 nights when there was any semblance of consensus and that was with Art doing the show.

You are asking for too much.

Probably right, but those conversations had more than 2 hours each of information to promote discussion. And they also had the potential to improve following shows. Here, to me, we just have a stink pile.

bateman

What's the reference, (several days ago), whereby Bateman' s name was mentioned in a post here, about pending Cuumulus involvement? 

Without going into details, big affiliates were likely on the way. KABC was only salvo 1.

onan

Quote from: bateman on December 19, 2015, 05:11:04 PM
Without going into details, big affiliates were likely on the way. KABC was only salvo 1.

There is no straight road to what we want. sucks.

bellNwhistle

Quote from: Ciardelo on December 19, 2015, 05:10:32 PM

Hellllll no. :D  Definitely not. I'll mail that shit if I have to. But he clearly needs something to take the edge off. I dont feel like sharing the harder stuff.

norland2424

Quote from: bellNwhistle on December 19, 2015, 05:10:20 PM
Damn, that's two people you've turned in so far! You get 40K! :D  (or am I thinking of someone else? Hell, just take the 40 grand).

20k since just me is probably noory  ;D

zmbabwe

Quote from: Segundus on December 19, 2015, 04:29:45 PM
If Art refuses to file reports, why should law enforcement get involved?  Art should put his money with the experts, not offer it to us.  He should be cooperating with officials, but is not.

Art hasn't filed police reports?  I thought the Nye County Sheriff posted a press release about one of the incidents.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Ciardelo on December 19, 2015, 05:10:32 PM

Sounded like it to me. I think bNw is going to have a house guest.

bellNwhistle

Quote from: bateman on December 19, 2015, 05:11:04 PM

While I'd love to know more, cuz it sounds cool, didn't Art come out right away and say that anyone hopping on board the MITD train did so of their own accord? he wasn't changing things up for anyone? 

BellBoy

Quote from: zeebo on December 19, 2015, 04:48:49 PM
Just want to note that her radio show is one week old.  How about let's humor the universe and give her another week to see how things go?

How about let's humour common sense and realise that it's OK for others to post their own assessment of her performance, to date?

(even if it disagrees with yours)

Just Me

Perhaps the artBell-O-holics would look to the heavens with clasped hands and a tear in the eye if their savior were to erect a temple upon the holly compound where bingo, door prizes and raffles calmed their anxieties to the end.

GravitySucks

Quote from: bellNwhistle on December 19, 2015, 05:13:25 PM
While I'd love to know more, cuz it sounds cool, didn't Art come out right away and say that anyone hopping on board the MITD train did so of their own accord? he wasn't changing things up for anyone?

Keith mentioned something last night about changes based on affiliates that he had to work on.

wr250

Quote from: twiki on December 19, 2015, 04:58:38 PM

The hugs on this site are so nauseating that I need a hug.
no worries , dave still sucks.

Art Bell

For what it's worth I did not ask Heather to call the Police about the call, she decided to do that on her own. Second, I was pissed and went on the air that night anyway. Third it was blocked and most likely came from a bogus number anyway. Finally I am not sweating verbal or Internet threats, just things people DO. People in Public life learn to live with threats, I have had many. The Police tell you that people who talk rarely Do anything. I think the chance of anybody getting caught in random patrols is pretty damn small but the possibility of someone bragging and getting info that way is possible. I thought the idea was good.

Art

GravitySucks

Quote from: Just Me on December 19, 2015, 05:14:56 PM
Perhaps the artBell-O-holics would look to the heavens with clasped hands and a tear in the eye if their savior were to erect a temple upon the holly compound where bingo, door prizes and raffles where calmed their anxieties to the end.

Do we have to bring a covered dish?

bellNwhistle

Quote from: norland2424 on December 19, 2015, 05:12:19 PM
20k since just me is probably noory  ;D

So I just offered   some wine?  ;D

csummers

Quote from: nika01 on December 19, 2015, 05:05:03 PM
Hey I am paying 5 bucks to hear the show. You didn't answer my question though. What else is out there that is so compelling?

I never said anything was out there that i found "so compelling", where are you getting that? I dont like her show, sorry. There is a whole section on this website of other people doing podcasts if you are asking me for suggestions, go ahead and listen to some of them if you want. I dont care what you listen to, what you find compelling and what you dont.
You like it. Good for you, continue to send her five dollars a month to hear it. I dont like it, so I wont.

GravitySucks

Quote from: BellBoy on December 19, 2015, 05:14:09 PM
How about let's humour common sense and realise that it's OK for others to post their own assessment of her performance, to date?

(even if it disagrees with yours)

Your spelling checker is stuck on British again.

bellNwhistle

If the reward gets you your info, then the idea was good. Let's hope for the best.

Ciardelo

Quote from: Art Bell on December 19, 2015, 05:15:49 PM
For what it's worth I did not ask Heather to call the Police about the call, she decided to do that on her own. Second, I was pissed and went on the air that night anyway. Third it was blocked and most likely came from a bogus number anyway. Finally I am not sweating verbal or Internet threats, just things people DO. People in Public life learn to live with threats, I have had many. The Police tell you that people who talk rarely Do anything. I think the chance of anybody getting caught in random patrols is pretty damn small but the possibility of someone bragging and getting info that way is possible. I thought the idea was good.

Art
You da man Art.

Gabcast. Someone claiming to be Bateman in the chat stated cumulus was interested in pick up MITD way back when some guy named Art bell was hosting.

Ciardelo

Quote from: bellNwhistle on December 19, 2015, 05:17:43 PM
If the reward gets you your info, then the idea was good. Let's hope for the best.
+1

bellNwhistle

Perhaps the artBell-O-holics would look to the heavens with clasped hands and a tear in the eye if their savior were to erect a temple upon the holly compound where bingo, door prizes and raffles calmed their anxieties to the end.

You're a funny guy, but I retract my invite to wine..  Sorry.  ::)

norland2424

tell us more sweet prince...

Uncle Duke

Quote from: Art Bell on December 19, 2015, 03:47:54 PM
Now that is a good idea! Perhaps he or she has bragged to somebody!

I will offer $20,000.00 to anybody providing information leading to the Arrest and conviction of the person or persons responsible for the Stalking Terror resulting in my Leaving the air from MITD.

Art Bell

When this idea was first raised here a week or so ago, I asked any our fellow 'gabbers who are/were in law enforcement (there are several) to discuss the logistics of a reward offer from the LEO perspective.  No one answered publicly, but a couple PMs lead me to believe law enforcement finds such offers far more trouble than they are worth and therefore generally discourage them. 

I'd be interested to know what the Sheriff Dept's reaction to the reward offer when Art presented it to them?

Ciardelo

Quote from: bellNwhistle on December 19, 2015, 05:19:09 PM
You're a funny guy, but I retract my invite to wine..  Sorry.  ::)
So...there you are...all alone? Just you? and a bottle of wine? mmmm

GravitySucks

Quote from: Uncle Duke on December 19, 2015, 05:19:49 PM
When this idea was first raised here a week or so ago, I asked any our fellow 'gabbers who are/were in law enforcement (there are several) to discuss the logistics of a reward offer from the LEO perspective.  No one answered publicly, but a couple PMs lead me to believe law enforcement finds such offers far more trouble than they are worth and therefore generally discourage them. 

I'd be interested to know what the Sheriff Dept's reaction to the reward offer when Art presented it to them?

You don't really think he stopped and asked for legal advice do you?